-Part 1-

My Savior

~ Lay’s P.O.V ~

         “-ay, LAY!” I heard someone yell at me. Gosh why are they so loud? I look up only to discover the voice is coming from none other than Luhan, one of my best friends. I look to the right of him and see his longtime boyfriend Xiumin standing there as well.

“Luhan, why are you being so loud?” I say.

“Lay, the school bell already rang, it’s time to leave now.” Xiumin says.

Already?’ I thought to myself, I really didn’t want to go home quite yet. My dad and I had another fight last night, well more like him just yelling at me drunk for no reason. But I decided that I couldn’t stay away forever, looking at the clock on the wall it read 3:30pm, oh great, I’m going to be late. Standing up from my seat I bid farewell to Luhan and Xiumin, “I wish I could hang out with you guys longer, but my dad will kill me if I get home any later.”

“Ok, that’s fine.” Luhan says to me.

“Yeah, we’ll see you later.” Xiumin added.

“Ok, I’m off, Bye guys” I wave to them as I rush out the door. As I’m leaving the school I accidently bump into someone. “Oh, I’m sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going.” I look up to find the person I had run into was Kris. Oh my god, I just had to run into my crush of all people. I could feel my cheeks heating up just with one look at Kris’ face.

“It’s okay, I wasn’t watching where I was going either” Kris said to me, a bit shyly.

“Um, yeah, well, I’m kind of in a hurry so I’ll see you later then.”

“Yeah, ok, see you later.”

As I exited the school I look up to see clouds in the sky signaling that I should probably hurry if I want to make it home dry.

On my way home I pray that dad isn’t drunk again. I don’t think I could handle that again. When I finally make it home I hesitantly open the door and am immediately met with the strong stench of alcohol.

“Father?” I call out quietly, hoping he’s asleep somewhere in the house. I hear footsteps coming from the living room toward my direction.

“Your late!” My father yells.

“Sorry, I-“ I was cut off by another shout.

“Does it look like I care!?”

I watch as my father picks up a beer bottle and throws it at me. I duck just in time for it to shatter against the wall spraying beer and bits of glass all around me. I look up from my position on the floor. ‘What in the world was that!?’ I couldn’t believe what had just happened, never has father been this aggressive toward me. Yeah he fights a lot with me, but never had it been this bad. Something must have happened during the day to set him off. My thoughts were cut off short with yet another yell.

“Get out!”

“W-wha-what?”

“I said get out!”

I quickly get up off the floor and decide that my father needed a bit of a breather and hastily leave the house. Once outside I decide to just hang out on the front steps. I’ve been sitting here not even a minute when I feel a drop of water hit my nose. I look up and notice that it’s beginning to rain. ‘Great, now what?’ I could go to Luhan’s or Xiumin’s house, but I don’t want to bother them.

I look around and notice the woods near my house. I decided that I would stay much dryer under the trees than continuing my stay out in the open.

I quickly walk toward the woods, not failing to notice its beginning to get darker outside. I walk for about a mile before deciding to sit down. I take a seat near one of the trees not caring if I got muddy and just listen to rain. I close my eyes and begin to think about my life.

While thinking I fail to notice the glowing red eyes staring right at me.


Kris hates school, so why does he go? Okay so the real reason he goes to school is so he can watch over Lay, his mate, well he’s not his mate yet. You see, Kris is actually a wolf shifter. It means he can turn into a wolf at any time.

As he walks out of the school someone bumps into him, but before he even has a chance to look up he’s already apologizing before he realizes it’s Lay who bumped into him. As he also rushes out an apology, he can notice a blush form on his cheeks, but didn’t think much of it. He says he’s in a hurry, so he lets him go.

He hurries back to the woods, which is where he actually lives, to his pack. There all wolf shifters, but the others tend to stay in there wolf forms most of the time.

Sitting in the opening of the cave he watches over the pack. As alpha it’s his responsibility to watch over them.

He decides that maybe a walk would take his mind off things.

“Chanyeol, you’re in charge, I’m going for a walk”

“Sure Kris!”

Walking through the forest is always calming for Kris, but as he’s walking he catches a whiff of something, but what? He hones in on the scent or should he say scents, ‘another wolf!? And Lay?’ He rushes forward now in full sprint. He comes to a screeching halt when he got close enough. He peers over the bushes and is completely surprised by what he sees. Sitting there is Lay!

What catches his attention is the fact there’s a wolf approaching him. Without a second thought he jumps out of his hiding spot and confronts this other wolf.

Kris lets out a deep growl signaling to the wolf that it’s time for him to leave. The wolf froze and slowly swiveled his head towards me. When his eyes met his, he slowly began a backwards retreat. He was cautious though because that was a little too easily if you ask him, but oh well. He turns around and is met with a look of pure terror and shock. ‘Oh right, I’m a wolf. Should I change into my human form? But that would scare him even more probably. Wow I didn’t think this through, did I.’ He decides the best thing to do was to sit there for now.


A/N: Well here's the first part of the story, I hope you liked it. Anyway remember to upvote, subscribe, and please comment what you think about the story so far. Till next time~ ^^