Final

Thinking Out Loud

I placed the song to the moment in the story where I want it to play :D


Arriving in front of an officetel in a quiet neighborhood, Sehun just parked there because another car is in the garage, undoubtedly Byun Baekhyun's. He's a little disappointed, because he purposely got out of the office early because he wants to talk to Luhan about what are they going to do during their first anniversary. Sehun is not really a romantic person. This is the first time ever that he will initiate something in their relationship, then there's Baekhyun who will surely stay for dinner. But whatever, maybe Baekhyun can also give good suggestions. No one and nothing can dampen his happy mood. He went inside smiling stupidly with his mind already coming up with ideas, and just reeling from the fact that Luhan is his for almost a year already.

When Luhan and Baekhyun are alone they always have heart-to-heart talks, so Sehun decided to just walk in quietly and change clothes upstairs. On the way to the staircase though, something Luhan said caught his attention.

"I mean, yes, he's always there, but he only comes when I ask him to," Luhan said. "Sometimes I wonder what if I didn't ask him, would he still come and fetch me, would he still go and buy stuff in the grocery with me and all of the other things?" Luhan continued with a sigh.

"Well, we all know that's just how Sehun is right from the start. But you still fell for him. I can't even process how you guys are having your first anniversary in three days," Baekhyun replied. "You do know that if you want things to change, you'll have to talk to Sehun about this. I'm sure this won't be a break-up issue, so just do it, okay?"

"Huh. You really know me well," Luhan said to Baekhyun because his best friend just voiced out why he does not want to confront Sehun.

Sehun, hearing the conversation, stayed hidden in view and quietly just went upstairs. He was saddened to hear that Luhan felt that way, but Sehun will make sure that Luhan has nothing to worry about his sincerity and feelings, and his being committed to their relationship. He thinks of a plan as he walks upstairs.


It was the night before their first anniversary. Luhan still didn't have the courage to confront Sehun, and he decided to just talk about it after their anniversary. He still didn't know if they had plans tomorrow. Sehun never talked about it, and he wasn't even sure that Sehun remembered the occasion.

When they sleep, Luhan usually wakes up in the middle of the night with Sehun's arms wrapped all around him. Which is why he found it weird when he wakes up to find Sehun lying beside him with his arm covering his face. Luhan checked and hovered over Sehun, worried that his boyfriend is not feeling well.

"Oh great, you're awake already," Sehun said happily when Luhan's face came into his view while he was staring at the ceiling. "What, you knew I was gonna wake up?" Luhan asked. "Lu, I know you're always waking up every night. At first I was worried about you having nightmares, but as time passed I realized that was just your weird sleeping habit," Sehun said with a loving smile. A smile that made Luhan wonder if he was really awake or was he still dreaming. He'd definitely crawl over broken glass just to see Sehun smile that way every day.

Sehun made Luhan sit up, cupping his face then lightly tapping his cheek. "Are you awake now, Lu?" Sehun asked. "Kiss me first, I'm not sure if this is real or I'm just having a really happy dream," Luhan groggily asked while pointing to his puckered lips. Sehun chuckled and held Luhan's nape to bring him closer, kissing his forehead, eyes, nose, cheeks, and finally his waiting puckered lips. "Yep, I'm definitely dreaming," Luhan said hazily.

Sehun grabbed Luhan's shoulder and shook them a little. "Come on, Luhan. I want us to take a walk. I miss you, I miss you everyday." Luhan's eyes blinked rapidly; Sehun saying that he missed Luhan was definitely once in a blue moon. "Who are you and where's my Sehun?" Luhan said as he side-glanced Sehun. Sehun laughed and gave him a quick peck in the lips, then said, "Come with me, I'll show you where your Sehun is."


The couple walked the streets of their neighborhood, fingers intertwined and Sehun leading the way. Luhan just let himself be dragged along, staring at Sehun's face from behind that was made even more beautiful by the street lamps. Sehun was so happy about something, but Luhan did not ask why and just let it go as they walked their way. It was just comfortable to be with each other that no words were needed to be spoken.

The Han River came into view, along with Seoul's city skyline. They were at the spot above the riverside, and Sehun moved Luhan towards the railings to distract Luhan who was enjoying the view of the river. Sneakily, Sehun got away and went to the nearby house where he asked help for his little surprise earlier that day.


Luhan did not know that there was a place as scenic and beautiful as this in their neighboorhood. Well, he did not also expect Sehun to know about this place. He turned around to ask the boy and---

Sehun was standing in the middle of the trees with a bouquet of spring flowers as christmas lights were , illuminating the place magically. Luhan looked like a deer in headlights, and tears were already threatening to burst out as he bit his lip. He ran to where Sehun was standing and tackled him with a warm bear hug, almost knocking the wind out of the taller one. Sehun returned the gesture and said, "Hi. I'm your Sehun, who is silently loving you and has the honor of calling you his for one year already."

"I hate you," Luhan said as he struggled not to cry. "I thought you forgot."

"I did that on purpose actually," Sehun replied, "I heard what you and Baek talked about the other day. I didn't realize I made you feel miserable. I didn't usually ask first because up until now, I can't believe you're mine and I don't know if you really want me there so I needed to get confirmation from you every time."

Hugging Sehun tightly, Luhan said,"Sehun-ahhhhhh. You're the love of my life, of course I always want you there!"

"Yeah, I know, I realized that if I want you to be always with me so much, maybe you felt the same way too," Sehun said, kissing the top of Luhan's head. "I'm sorry for a ty first year together, but I'll make it up to you all of my life." Sehun was then on one knee, right hand holding Luhan's hand tightly while the other presenting a box with a simple platinum ring.

"Sehun-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Luhan cried out as he followed Sehun to the ground. "Yes, yes, yes!"

"Well that was easy, I didn't even have to ask," Sehun chuckled. "But Lu, I want to give you the world. Is it okay if we don't have the wedding immediately? I just wanted to make sure that you're really mine that's why I proposed."

"I don't really care when or where I get married, as long as I get married to you, Oh Sehun," Luhan said as he cupped Sehun's face with his hand that wore the ring. Sehun leaned in to Luhan's touch, feeling the cold metal that symbolized that Luhan was his. He took Luhan's hand and kissed his ring finger. "Thank you for accepting me, Luhan. Thank you for this past year. I know I haven't made you as happy as you made me and I'm sorry, but you still stayed with me. Thank you for letting me love you," Sehun leaned in for a sweet, gentle, lingering kiss, leaving Luhan breathless.


"Can we try something? I want to start making it up to you," Sehun said while helping Luhan get up. He music from his phone, making Luhan look up to him. "How did you know that's my favorite song???" Luhan asked. "I hear this everyday when you cook me breakfast and dinner, although it probably seems I don't notice because I'm busy reading the paper or files from work," Sehun replied, making Luhan feel more in love than he already is. He didn't know that Sehun really does notice even the little things.

Sehun then got Luhan's arms and placed it on his shoulders, and he put his arms around Luhan's waist. He started swaying with the music, slow dancing with Luhan. If it weren't for Sehun holding him, Luhan would have probably melted to the ground already. Then, just when Luhan thought that that moment could not get any better, he hears Sehun's soft gentle voice singing along with the lyrics, his eyes on Luhan, full of love, of adoration, of happiness.

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

Sehun crooned on:

So honey now, take me into your loving arms

Luhan hugged Sehun like his life depended on it.

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Luhan looked up the stars, and kissed Sehun, ending it with a smile and tears on his eyes.

Place your head on my beating heart

Luhan snuggled into Sehun's chest, hearing the beating of his heart, both still swaying to the music, with the night breeze making the trees sway as well.

I'm thinking out loud

"I love you so much, Oh Sehun," Luhan thought out loud. Sehun crushed him in his embrace as his reply, as he continued to sing for Luhan.

 

He was so glad Oh Sehun finally came around. During their year-long relationship, he really felt alone and miserable at some point. He even thought of giving up Sehun. He felt that he was just pushing himself on Sehun too much. He felt that it was an unrequited love, instead of a two-way mutual relationship.

But if all of that was to end up at this moment, it was all worth it.

And he can't wait to spend the rest of his life with Sehun.

 

As the song was ending, Luhan sang along with Sehun.

We found love right where we are.


A/N: Hi guys~ I needed some HunHan fluff in my life so I wrote one while it was in my head. And also to make it up to you guys especially my lovely subscribers, I can't make the sequel to I Can't Make You Love Me until next week :( I want it to be up to my own expectations at least haha and school work is just too much and I can't make time for it :(

I hope this one made you smile :D

Thank you so much for reading, and please comment!  Like Sehun, I'm not really sure if you liked this or not haha @-))