First meeting

One window makes all the difference

Wet, very wet and definitely a tongue; a dogs tongue nonetheless, was Jiyong’s first conscious thoughts that morning. Boss would normally Jiyong’s fingers when he slept on the couch, that was when he realized that he was being on the face. If it hadn’t been from the banging headache and the fact that his body was extremely heavy, he would have shot up, but instead he had to struggle with opening his eyes very slowly. The sight that met him, made him even more confused than before, a sand brown golden retriever was looking at Jiyong with huge brown eyes, and Jiyong could just barely see the tail waving from side to side on the dog.

“Charlie buddy come back here.” For a moment, Jiyong forgot everything because that voice, sweet Jesus that voice. Jiyong couldn’t figure out if the owner of the voice was whispering or just had such a deep and calming voice. What he knew was that he normally would have cringed at anything above a whisper with this kind of headache, but honestly all he wanted to do right now was listen to the voice all day. The voice was deep and oh so calming and that came from only 5 words, it was interesting and Jiyong was sure that the man - because it had to be a man – could read the entire phonebook and Jiyong would be listening through the whole thing. It seeped under your skin and stayed there and you instantly wanted more, more of that rich deepness, some people would refer to voices being dipped in honey, but Jiyong had never been a big fan of honey, yet he was sure this was one of those voices.

“Good boy.” Only then did Jiyong realize that the dog obviously called Charlie, was gone and had left to the kitchen judging by the scent coming from that door. Carefully Jiyong sat up, not entirely sure if his stomach was a foe or friend at the moment; god he hated hangovers. For a moment Jiyong considered escaping through the window that he got in through during the night, but his need to figure out who the owner of that godsend voice was, outweighed everything else. He looked down at himself, and was thankful that he was still wearing his t-shirt and that it was clean of puke and other nasty stuff.

With slow steps, he entered the kitchen, or he stopped in the doorway, using it as a support to stay upright. The view that greeted him was broad shoulders glad in a hoodie where the hood was pulled up and what an excellent bottom this guy had, even in a rather normal pair of jeans, maybe on the more skinny side than normal jeans. Jiyong watched as the guy give the dog Charlie a piece of bacon, having made sure that it wasn’t hot anymore so the dog wouldn’t get burnt.  It took a while before Jiyong realized that the guy was humming something, but he couldn’t figure out what it was.

“Good morning.” With those words, the mysterious stranger turned around. Jiyong felt all air leave his lungs. Holy sweet mother of everything and anything, this was one fine human being. The dimpled smile that Jiyong was blessed with had him struggling with finding up and down in the tornado of his thoughts. Everything from the lips, where the upper lip had almost disappeared because of the smile, to the thick yet very elegant eyebrows, which should have made the guy’s stare very unfriendly, to the almost black eyes hiding behind the lenses on a pair of very thick mat-black framed glasses, to the high cheekbones where a pair of dimples was displayed on the cheeks had Jiyong struggling with finding reason. Never had he ever seen such a divine human before, and divine was definitely the right word to use about this guy. Jiyong realized several minutes after the guy had greeted him, that he was just standing there, staring.

“M… Morning.” For a second there Jiyong wished that the floor would open up underneath him and consume him, because he did not just stutter after ogling this stranger, in the before said strangers home.

“I’m sorry if Charlie woke you, I told him to stay here but he is rather curious.” As the guy spoke he looked down at his dog, which was sitting beside him, before ruffling its ears and patting it on its head. Jiyong looked at the stranger with a dumbfounded expression because he was apologizing because for the fact that his dog might have woken Jiyong up? The logic in that was none to zero for Jiyong because he had obviously broken into the guy’s apartment, or well broken in through an open window.

“I think I’m the one who should apologize, after all I broke into your flat. And slept on your couch…” Jiyong lowered his eyes to the floor pretty much mumbling the last thing, feeling rather embarrassed by himself or his drunk-self that had gotten him into this mess.

“Ah it could have been worse, since you didn’t break anything, and the couch looked fine to me when I got up. Can’t say the same about the shirt you had tossed on the floor, it reeked of alcohol so I took the liberty to throw it in the washer with the rest of my clothes.” This time around the stranger send Jiyong a rather embarrassed smile, and slowly it downed for Jiyong that he wasn’t wearing his own shirt after all, but the strangers. Jiyong could feel the blush creeping its way up his neck and onto his cheeks; of course he had taken his shirt of at some point.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry, I… You didn’t have to.” Jiyong almost fell over the words since he was speaking so fast. For Christ sake, he had stumbled into a strangers flat, Jiyong would suspect most people to be furious and kick anybody out that had crashed on their couch if they didn’t know them.

“Just like Charlie didn’t need that piece of bacon before, but I know he loves bacon, and I suppose most people with a hangover would prefer not having the stench of alcohol clinging to their shirt. I’m sorry that made very little sense…” As the stranger apologized for that not making sense, he scratched the back of his neck, which made the hood of his shirt fall down revealing some very…

“Blue…” Jiyong looked at the stranger with huge eyes because his hair was a vibrant bright shade of blue. “Ah sorry it’s just your hair it’s, well you know. And don’t worry it made sense, thank you so much.” Jiyong ended up rambling of in one quick go. Once again, the embarrassed smile showed itself on the stranger’s lips as he scratched the back of his neck.

“I’m Jiyong by the way.” This time Jiyong stuck out his hand because he had only then realized that he didn’t know the strangers name.

“Seunghyun… It’s okay if you say no, but do you want some breakfast?” Seunghyun had taken Jiyong’s hand and Jiyong noticed that his hand was warm and comfortable. Eagerly Jiyong nodded because whatever this guy was cooking it smelled amazing and he wanted some.

“Have a seat then.” Seunghyun said as he pointed towards the table letting go of Jiyong’s hand, much to Jiyong’s dismay. Slowly he sat down at the chair Seunghyun had pointed at almost instantly; Charlie placed his head on Jiyong’s lap. Jiyong busied himself with petting the dog while watching Seunghyun finding different things in the cabinets. After a couple of minutes, he placed a glass of water and two headache pills in front of Jiyong, as if he had read Jiyong’s mind.

“Thank you.” Jiyong said with gratitude before quickly swallowing the pills and turning back to petting Charlie.

“You’re welcome. Voila.” And with those words Seunghyun placed a plate in front of Jiyong with an omelet and bacon on top. Seunghyun returned with a plate of his own, and then disappeared again to come back with two mugs and a coffee pot. He then sat down opposite of Jiyong with the dimpled smile once again on his lips.

“You still have to tell me why you slept on my couch.” Seunghyun said while looking at Jiyong over his mug, making it clear that he had no way of escaping.

“I thought I broke into my friends flat, since he lives in the area most likely one of your neighbors or something.” Jiyong explained not sure, if Seunghyun would accept that answer, even though it was the truth.

“What is your friend called?” Seunghyun asked crooking his head a bit, still observing Jiyong over his mug, occasionally taking a sip from it.

“Dong Yongbae, he has a dog to, a small bulldog I think it is.” Jiyong said, as he had begun eating the omelet, since he was starving.

“Ah I know him! He lives next door” Seunghyun exclaimed as he put his mug down with a huge smile on his lips.

“One window makes all the difference I suppose… Again I’m so sorry.” Jiyong mumbled making sure to chew his food before he talked.

“Seriously it’s okay Jiyong, you haven’t tried to kill me or Charlie and you still didn’t break anything. Everybody does some stupid things when they’re drunk.” Seunghyun reassured Jiyong sending him a kind smile.

After that, Jiyong and Seunghyun fell into a comfortable silence, or more the silence that occurs when two people are rather busy with eating. Seunghyun finished before Jiyong and dropped his plate in the sink before sitting down with a book. Jiyong noticed that Seunghyun began to hum again and he could swear that he knew that melody from somewhere, but every time he thought he had figured it out, it escaped his mind.

When Jiyong finished the omelet, that by the way tasted amazing and apparently put an ease to his stomach, he leaned back in the chair and observed Seunghyun that still had his nose in the book. The two stayed like that for a good amount of time before Seunghyun raised his mug to his lips, to find it empty and therefor had to raise his eyes from his book.

“Oh I’m sorry you should have said something. Ah sorry.” Seunghyun said before getting up and placing Jiyong’s plate in the sink. Then Seunghyun returned back only to find the coffee pot empty and the most adorable pout grazed his features, leaving Jiyong’s thoughts in a mess. Before Seunghyun finally sat down again he had put on a new kettle with coffee.

“Sorry for what? I could have gotten up myself Seunghyun.” Jiyong said in a reassuring voice, almost feeling bad because Seunghyun had been so sorry about nothing. Jiyong even send a smile in Seunghyun’s direction to make it known that he had no issues with it.

“I… It’s just that it was rather rude of me to sit down and read without uhm... I’m sorry.” Seunghyun rambled on in one go and then Jiyong noticed a faint blush on Seunghyun’s cheeks, and honestly how was this guy both gorgeous and adorable at the same time? As if one trait hadn’t been enough.

“You do remember that I was the one that broke into your flat?” Jiyong really didn’t want Seunghyun to be sorry, because he was honestly being so nice towards him and he would have never expected that from anyone, when he had done with he had done.

“Yes, but still…” Seunghyun was almost mumbling now and then Jiyong noticed that Charlie had placed his head on Seunghyun’s lap, distracting Seunghyun from what he was about to say.

“Really Seunghyun, I’m fine with it, after all I must have turned your morning upside down, so uhm please do whatever you want to do in your own flat. Even kick me out if that is what you feel like doing.” Jiyong said, seriously hoping that Seunghyun didn’t consider the last thing because Jiyong really wanted to find out more about him.

“No need in doing that, you can stay, well until I have to leave or you have to…” Seunghyun said and again the blush showed itself on his cheeks and his eyes was fixed on Charlie, carefully avoiding eye contact.

“Brilliant, since I don’t have anything to do today, but when do you have to leave?” Jiyong said hoping that it would be more than 30 minutes.

“An hour since I have to be at work at 1” Seunghyun said glancing at the clock on the wall, looking at it with a thoughtful look.

“It’s already around 12? Wow I didn’t realize, sorry.” Jiyong apologized not knowing the guy’s habits and if he was an early bird.

“Ah don’t worry, I normally sleep in late, the only thing different this morning was that Charlie dragged me out of bed and pulled me into the living room, revealing you fast asleep on my couch.” Seunghyun said with a small smile as he patted Charlie on the head before he looked at Jiyong.

“That’s good, well that I didn’t ruin everything this morning. So what do you work as?” Jiyong asked because he didn’t want another round of both of them apologizing, when he honestly was the one who had done wrong. That and he really wanted to know what this guy did.

“I work at a record store, or technically it’s my own, I enjoy it there, it’s nice…” Seunghyun stopped himself before he got too carried away and Jiyong noticed, wishing that he would say more, since he obviously cared about it.

“That’s awesome, tell me more, there is nothing like a good record store.” Jiyong said leaning forward showing every sign of wanting to hear more, which made Seunghyun blush and look down.

“Well I don’t know if it’s good, but it is what it is, and it’s mine so I’m rather fond of it. It’s not because it’s big but it’s cozy or I like to think it is. I’m pretty sure you could get an album in there you would like, no matter what kind of music you’re into. Ah coffee.” Instantly Seunghyun jumped to his feet when the beeping sound was heard indicating that the coffee was done. While having his back turned to Jiyong he started talking again, much to Jiyong’s pleasure. “The best thing is in the back though, but only my friends and I know it’s there. It’s a recording studio, it’s not big but it works for what I need…” Seunghyun trailed of as he sat down again, this time with a bright blush on his cheeks, clearly embarrassed by something he had said. This guy had just went from: you want to know more, to: You HAVE to know more, in Jiyong’s head.

“You produce music? Do you write or sing? Or something else?” Jiyong nearly choked on his tongue, that was how fast he was talking. It was clear that Seunghyun was taken aback by all the questions, and the interest.

“Uhm a bit of it all really.” Seunghyun mumbled scratching the back of his head, blushing madly. Jiyong looked at him both awestruck and highly interested, but he could sense that Seunghyun most likely wasn’t going to tell him more - for now. After a minute or two in awkward silence, Seunghyun broke it.

“So what do you work as? If you don’t mind me asking.” His voice wasn’t as mumbling as before, but his eyes only lifted shortly from the table to look at Jiyong. When their gaze met, Seunghyun once again blushed.

“Of course not. I work at Star-Light radio station.” Jiyong said with a big smile on his lips.

“Oh that’s so cool!” Seunghyun looked at Jiyong with glee-filled eyes and an almost shy smile graze his lips.

This time Jiyong blushed and cast his eyes down on the table. Sure he was used to people thinking he had a cool job, but people hadn’t reacted with that many emotions before – unless they wanted their song to be played on one of the stations.

“But wait who are you then? Not you know right now… which program is yours? Unless of course you don’t want me to know, that’s totally okay.” Seunghyun rambled on in one go, looking at Jiyong with curiosity painted all over his features.

“I’m G-Dragon…” The look of pure shock and something very close to fear that took over Seunghyun’s face was almost frightening to Jiyong. Normally people in the music industry would react with respect, but nobody had ever reacted like this before.

“Y…Yo… You gotta be kidding me. No way in hell I have the one and only G-Dragon sitting in my kitchen with a hangover.”

“In fact you do. Not my proudest moment I’ll admit that.” Jiyong mumbled looking down and ruffling his own hair, to shy and embarrassed to meet Seunghyun’s gaze.

“Judgmental free zone.” Seunghyun said with a smile while lifting his arms to emphasize his point.

“Awesome and again thank you.” Jiyong said looking up this time to be met with the view of a blushing Seunghyun.

This time Jiyong and Seunghyun didn’t fall into a new silence, they ended up talking about a bit of everything really or more music related everything, and they found out they had some of the same music taste. When Jiyong found out that Seunghyun had a love for hiphop, he was surprised, he had expected that Seunghyun might have liked stuff like indie rock or jazz, something calming or a bit weird – the blue hair might have had a part on that last thought. The only thing that broke their conversation was when Seunghyun looked at the clock and realized that he had to be on his way out of the door 5 minutes ago. Jiyong made sure to stay back while Seunghyun frantically ran around his apartment to get his stuff, and for a moment Jiyong thought Seunghyun had forgotten everything about him, when he disappeared into the hall, only to realize Seunghyun was getting a dog leash for Charlie, that almost tackled him to the ground.

“I’m sorry but this is your cue to leaving my apartment.” Seunghyun said blushing while petting Charlie.

“Its fine Seunghyun, but I was wondering if maybe I could walk with you? I would love to see your record store, and it’s been ages since I have been in one.” Jiyong said looking at Seunghyun with hopeful eyes and a huge smile plastered on his face.

“Sure.” And with that word Seunghyun gushed Jiyong and Charlie out of the door, locking it behind them. Their conversation started right back up out in the hallway and continued all the way to the store.

 

***

So this will be multi-chaptered and again if YOU dear reader have a great idea for something they should do, please tell me and I'll see if I can make it work.

Leave a comment if you liked or not, pretty much just tell me what you think (that stuff makes every writers day by the way.) 

AND I'm so sorry for posting it so late but school happened and my brain and grammar aren't friends.