First shot

A Day With Her (Three-shot)

**

 

“Lay hyung. We’re already here. Wake up now.” I felt someone nudging me.

 

 

I rubbed my eyes as I woke up. We are currently at the airplane and we’re about to land. It’s the fourth country we’ve visited for our promotions, and I’m glad that not only the M members are present but also the K ones. We’ve rarely seen each other because we’re too busy promoting in different places and I know that all 12 of us miss each other a lot.

 

 

We landed safely as always. We got our baggage and the staff brought them. I have my backpack with all my essentials as always and I wore a face mask but I removed it. This place is nice, it has a fresh feeling. Maybe I won’t need to cover my mouth and nose.

 

 

Loud screams from the fans welcomed us. Some even made an effort to write their banners in Chinese and Korean, and some even spoke a little. I always appreciated their effort, knowing it’s not easy to do that. Because I was in the mood, I looked at them and smiled. I even waved them hello. I felt contented after seeing their smiles as bright as always.

 

 

I followed our manager and we waited for the vans that they rented for us to travel along. I decided to take a bathroom break.

 

 

“There’s a route that has less people so might as well take that one.” Manager hyung told me how to go there and I understood well enough.

 

 

As I was about to go out of the Men’s Room, I received a text from duizhang.

 

 

From: Kris-ge

 

I think the vans are now waiting outside. Come back here quickly.

 

 

I was busy reading the message as I walked that I didn’t notice I bumped into someone. And I saw something break on the floor.

 

 

Did I just ruin that someone’s phone?

 

 

“I’m sorry,” I spoke in English. I bent down to pick up the pieces.

 

“It’s okay.” The voice that spoke in English as well seemed soft and gentle. It was a girl. I saw that she bent down as well.

 

 

As we collected the pieces, she started to assemble them again. She put the battery and the back cover. She flipped the phone and saw that the screen was really broken and it looked like a cursed mirror. She gasped at the situation.

 

 

I don’t know what to do. I can’t just leave her alone here, can I?

 

 

“Uh…I’ll replace the phone…” I spoke slowly, unsure if my grammar is correct. English is not my mother tongue, and most of the times I get it wrong.

 

“No, it’s okay, really. You don’t have to.” I don’t know if I understood it right but…she doesn’t want me to replace it? But that phone looks like it costs a lot!

 

“I…uh…” I glanced over her shoulder and saw the other members approaching.

 

They spoke in Korean, telling me that we should get going by now. They stole glances at the girl from time to time, maybe because we rarely have a girl with us since we’re all boys. I said that I broke this girl’s phone, and I asked them what to do. Just then manager hyung approached us and they explained my situation. I managed to glance at the girl. She was looking at us weirdly, maybe because she doesn’t understand us.

 

 

“You should just get her a new one. I’ll message you the address of the hotel, and go with her to the mall.” We’re still speaking in a different language, and her look seemed like she really wanted to know what was happening.

 

“That’d be too risky. There are many sasaengs out there.”

 

“I know. That’s why I planned something in case you boys want to go shopping at this country. There’s a mall that’s been recently opened, and it is quite far away from here but there are a few people since they don’t know its existence yet. I had someone check it and it looks fine. Just take her there.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“I planned everything out. Don’t worry.” He patted my shoulder. “We’ll be leaving now. See you later.”

 

 

They left without me. Here I am with this girl, and the atmosphere was so awkward.

 

 

I took out my phone and I opened the English-Chinese and Vice-Versa Translator. (A/N: I just made this up.) I typed what I wanted to say and showed her.

 

 

My manager just told me that I should buy you a new one. He told me that a mall was nearby and that’s where we will go.

 

 

She seemed to understand my situation. She grabbed the phone and typed something, too. It was quickly translated to Chinese.

 

 

Are you sure? It’s okay with me if you can’t replace it. You guys seem to be in a hurry. And you’re a foreigner, too. Won’t you get lost?

 

 

Only now did I realize: She doesn’t know me? She doesn’t know EXO? She seemed like she was talking to any other foreigner and being kind. That’s quite nice, because I admit; sometimes I don’t like special treatment. I typed my message.

 

 

He told me the address. I think we should get going now.

 

 

She walked first before me as she read my message. She called a taxi and told the driver to take us to the mall. She paid for the fare since I don’t have money for their currency yet.

 

 

As we entered the mall, I first tried to find a Money Changer stall, and luckily, we found one. As the lady was exchanging the money I had into this country’s currency, I typed something and showed her.

 

 

Do you know where the cellphone stores are located?

 

 

She shook her head in reply.

 

 

This mall is just new, and it’s my first time coming here.

 

Looks like we have to face many struggles today.

 

 

**

 

 

She asked each and every one of the mall staff we get to encounter where the stores for cellphones are located until we finally found one. We entered the store as a worker welcomed us. Just an observation: this country’s people are so welcoming. Their aura is full of hospitality.

 

 

She asked for my phone and I assumed she wants to say something. She quickly typed her message and showed me.

 

 

I don’t know much about phones, can you choose one for me?

 

 

I looked at her as I read the message. She seemed simple, and she looked like she isn’t the techy type of girl. Probably that’s why she doesn’t know much about these.

 

 

I scanned the phones that were out for display. I found a phone exactly the same model as mine. I typed something and showed it to her.

 

 

Would a similar phone to mine be okay for you? It’s simple and nice.

 

 

She looked at the gadgets and found the one I’m talking about. She looked at me and smiled.

 

 

She smiled.

 

 

The girl smiled at me.

 

 

And only now did I realize that she’s pretty.

 

 

She talked to the lady in her own language. The lady got a phone with the same model as mine and tested it. She tested the camera, and she nudged me as she was about to take a picture. I saw the cellphone set the front cam, and I assume that she wanted to take a selca. I smiled and did a peace sign while all she did was hold the phone and flash her sweet smile once again.

 

 

After the picture was taken, the lady put it inside the box again and it was the time to pay. I took out my wallet and got the amount needed. She arranged the transaction and we got out of the store, happiness evident on her face.

 

 

She typed something on my phone. It seems like she doesn’t want to use her new phone yet.

 

 

Can you accompany me for a while?

 

 

My head debated. I would like to be with her because somehow, I enjoy her company even if she doesn’t talk. She’s a carefree girl, and it makes me feel carefree and relieved as well. But I wonder if my manager hyung will scold me for being late.

 

 

I made my decision after she nudged me.

 

 

I guess a few hours won’t hurt.

 

 

And she smiled at me again.

 

 

**

 

 

I told her I was hungry, and she said that she knows a place where it is quite cheap but the foods were delicious. Even though we communicate each other by just merely typing the words, I can feel my contentment and I really enjoy her company. Maybe because of that smile on her face.

 

 

She brought me to a normal-looking restaurant. We sat down and a menu was given to us. I let her order because I don’t know anything about this place.

 

 

The food was placed before us after a few minutes. They looked nice, and there are a lot of meat, but at the same time, there are a lot of vegetables, too. She quickly ate and so did I. I have to admit: the food tasted really good.

 

 

We went out of the restaurant with full stomachs. I wanted to pay but she insisted on paying for our food and told me it was her treat because I accompanied her for a while. I lost that mini argument back then. Now we are walking and suddenly, her eyes landed on someplace: an arcade.

 

 

She grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the place. A few people were in there as I thought. She bought tokens for us to play. We tried basketball, and of course, she lost. Next, we played Guitar Hero, and surprisingly, she beat me to that. We played many games throughout. And just then my eyes landed on one game: the Dance Mania.

 

 

I quickly pulled her and I inserted tokens. She looked at me as if she was challenging me. Huh, no one ever beats me in this kind of game, not even Kai.

 

 

We danced to three songs and I was so focused on the game. For the last song, my eyes landed on her for a while but it stopped.

 

 

She looked so beautiful as sweat trickled down her forehead. Her eyes are looking straight at the screen, and I didn’t realize that the final move was done.

 

 

And the result turned out well for her.

 

 

She won.

 

 

Because I was distracted, she won.

 

 

But that’s okay.

 

 

She looked at me as she saw the results. She grabbed my phone from my pocket and typed her message.

 

 

I knew you were good at dancing.

 

 

She smiled. I was about to ask her how she knew but she typed another message.

 

 

Uhm, I have one last favor. Can you accompany me to somewhere after this? It’ll be fast, I promise.

 

 

I read the message and nodded. I sighed because I still don’t have to leave her yet. It’s 2 in the afternoon, and I guess it won’t hurt if I stay with her for another while.

 

**

 

I'll post the other two as soon as I finished them. Wait for it! ^^~