Meeting

Pinkie Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We ever promised to be together, but that promise will never be realized.

 

“Jihyun-ah!” Shouting a five years old boy with black haired, with a cheery smile that expands, making Jihyun, a pretty little girl with brown hair, turned to the boy and replied with a smile.

“Jongin-ah? Wae?” Jihyun smiled at the little boy named Jongin who was running toward her as he carries a very pretty flower crown.

But the handsome boy was not careful, just kept running until he suddenly dropped due to a large rock that tripped his feet.

 

BRUK!

 

“Ugh..." Jongin tried to get up from the fall, holding his head ached, and cleaned his little dirty body due to the land that had been in contact with his body.

Little Jihyun immediately ran to her little best friend with a sense of panic and worry. “Are you okay, Jongin-ah?”

See Jihyun looks worried about him make little Jongin smiles, chuckles, showing his white teeth. Jongin show his peace sign on Jihyun, laughing.

“I’m always fine, Jihyun-ah!”

Jihyun sighed of relief and smiled at her friend. She also took a seat in front of Jongin, looking at him with innocent face. “Why did you call me?”

“This!” Said Jongin with wide smile as he handed a flower crown he brought earlier.

“For me?”

Jongin nodded eagerly, making Jihyun smiles happily. Carefully Jongin stand with his ​​knees, putting flower crown on Jihyun’s head. The flower crown looks so pretty on Jihyun. It made little Jongin satisfied smile.

‘Thank you, Jongin-ah.” Said Jihyun, she blushed, but still with a cheery smile who looks very happy.

“Sure. I make it for you all night.”

“Really?”

“Yes! You like it?”

“Extremely.”

And two little children were laughing with each other, began to talk about what they are going to do today. Jihyun and Jongin are best friends. Both of their parents were friends, neighbors since childhood, and they have often lived together for five years in this world. But today is the last day for the kids to be together. Jongin and his family will move to China tomorrow for Jongin’s parental employment matters. That’s why the boy was trying all night to make her special flower crown make for the most he loved, his best friend, Nam Jihyun.

Not much different from the Jongin’s sad to part with Jihyun, the little girl was too sad. To her who can’t make friends easily with others, Jongin is the only friend she had. Jongin always with her, protect her from misbehaving children in kindergarten. For her, Jongin is more than just a friend.

Jihyun didn’t feel the tears flowing from both her huge eyes. Jihyun is crying, and Jongin see it. The girl was crying frantically and Jongin became panic. He hastily grasped his friend’s hand as he stared at the crying.

“Jihyun-ah, don’t cry.” He said softly.

Jihyun continued weeping, trying to talk on the sidelines sob. “You left me, Jongin-ah. I will be alone without you.” Jihyun hiss as she continued to cry.

Jongin’s little tiny hand clutching the little girl. Then said with a steady, smiling broadly. “Let’s get married if I come back here!”

Jihyun stops crying. Hear the words of plain from Jongin make her eyes widened. She stared in confusion at Jongin. “What?”

“Will you marry me?” Asked Jongin again with a wide smile.

The little girl looked doubtful. But she nodded and her smile slowly began to return. “Yes! Promise?” Jihyun was ing her little finger on Jongin.

Gladly, Jongin put his little finger on Jihyun’s. They smiled broadly as he equally cheerful shout.

“Pinkie promise!”

 

That day, you promised me and I believe it with all my heart.

***

I will never forget that day... Your smile when you say your promise to me...

 

“Jihyun-ah?”

I tilted my head, found an orange-haired handsome boy smiling at me. His call brought me from my long reverie. Every time when I’m alone, I always remember that day. The day that I can never forget in my life. The day when the last time I met him. Yes, he is.

 

Kim Jongin.

 

“Are you okay, Jihyun-ah?”

Again the sound of the orange-haired man it hit me. I tried to smile at him, nodding my head. “I’m fine, Taehyung-ah.”

Kim Taehyung, the name of the orange-haired man was. He is my best friend. The only person who become my friend after Jongin left. I met Taehyung at the first day of school in my first year in junior high school. That day I was lost in the corridors of the school because of confusion finding the location of my class. When I was confused because I didn’t know where to walk, Taehyung came up to me.

 

“Hey, you okay?”

“Eh? I-I–”

“You’re lost here? Let me help you to search for your class!” Taehyung grabbed my arm and took me to walk to follow him. “What class are you in?”

“…1-3...”

“Ah, same with me! Let me take you!”

 

“My name is Kim Taehyung. What is your name?”

“... Jihyun, Nam Jihyun...”

 

Since that day, I was always alone because I can’t be friends with anyone else because my taciturnity and shyness, become having a friend because Taehyung have always come to me. Although just asked what I’m doing and eventually we became close. Taehyung always with me, with me wherever I go. For me, Taehyung is truly the best friend I had. And don’t feel, we’ve been friends for six years since this was our last year in senior high school.

 

And twelve years already Jongin left.

 

Yes, the last time I met Jongin when we were five years of age. And to this day he never returned to Seoul. He did not even send me news, about whether he’s doing well there activities, or even about what he had done there. Is he okay in there? I did not even know.

“Are you finished?”

I looked briefly at Taehyung, sighed for a moment and then answered his question. “Soon. You want to go home? That’s okay, I can go home alone, Taehyung-ah.”

I say it, even though I already know what the answer will I receive from Taehyung.

“No! I’ll be waiting. How could I let you blind towards home alone?”

 

Right? Taehyung always be protective over me. Moreover, the more I got blind direction when I was in third grade junior high school I’ve ever lost in the woods when the school held a camp together. At that time I was lost in the woods and again Taehyung who found me and took my hand, led me back out of the dark forest.

 

Back on Taehyung, I smiled a little at him. “Thank you, Taehyung-ah. You’re my best friend.”

Taehyung chuckled at my words, he pulled a chair in front of me and sit there. To be honest I feel guilty because it always makes him waiting. But what else can I do? The school library has been like my second home. I always stop by here every day just to do my homework or read books that I like. Perhaps that’s the reason why I don’t have any friends other than Taehyung.

“Done!”

“Really? Then hurry up! Let’s go home!” Taehyung rose from his stool, walked out before me.

“Eh? Yah! Wait for me, stupid!”

***

“So when is he coming back?" Asked Taehyung that afternoon, when I finally managed to force him to stop for a while to buy my favorite ice cream and end up spending time on a park bench.

I raised one eyebrow, looked at him as if not understand about who he meant. Taehyung seems to know, then he resumed his sentence.

“Jongin.”

“Oh.”

For some reason every talk about things that concern him, I felt a part of my heart feels sad. I ever told him anything about Jongin, showing pictures of my childhood with him.

“It’s been twelve years he was gone, right? You don’t get any of the news about him?”

I sighed for a moment, stop eating my ice cream and stared up at the sky, staring far. “I don’t know, Taehyung-ah. He never called me.”

“You never tried to contact him?” Taehyung again asked, he kept looking at me as if he was investigating.

“I’m afraid, Taehyung-ah. I’m afraid he forgot about me.”

“You two ever be promised for–”

“It was just a promise made by two little kids, Taehyung-ah. Moreover, he may have forgotten about that promise.” I mumbled softly as I bowed my head. When it feels like I really wanted to cry. I really miss him. Really miss Jongin. Think of the possibilities if he had forgotten me, it feels very sad, very painful and suffocating.

A gentle touch of warmth on my head made ​​me turn. Taehyung’s big hand is messing my hair. The orange-haired man was always like my hair scrambles when he knew that I was going to cry.

“Yah! Don’t ruin my hair, Tae-ah!”

“Then don’t cry.”

“I’m not crying, stupid!”

“But in my eyes it looks like that.”

 

I paused at Taehyung’s words. The boy always knows what I’m feeling. Taehyung always understand what I was thinking even if I didn’t say anything to him. I’m very grateful to have a friend like him.

“Thank you, Tae-ah.”

Taehyung smiled at me, then stood up and walked ahead of me and said. “Let’s go home!”

“Ne!”

***

As usual this morning I went to school with Taehyung. Every morning, he was going to come pick me up with his red Lamborghini. Did I not say that my best friend was the only heir of Kim’s family whose is famous for its five star restaurants and hotels that have many branches in South Korea and abroad? When he and I recently just friends, a lot of people who make fun of me, saying that I approached Taehyung only to his property. But then, Taehyung defenses me, standing in front of me, and even beat up anyone who taunt me.

And until now, we’ve been friends for six years, no one else thinks like that. My relationship with Taehyung’s family is also very good although I rarely saw his parents because they are always busy working abroad. My parents are also very close to Taehyung. They are happy because Taehyung be my friend since they remember how alone I am during elementary school after Jongin go left.

“You didn’t forget to bring homework that we should collect today, is not it?” I reminded him back, staring at Taehyung sharply as the orange-haired boy was always used to forget everything related to school work.

“Take it easy. Today I bring it.” Taehyung chuckled, showing a row of his white teeth are lined up neatly.

That morning we walked into the classroom with ease. Taehyung and I sat on our bench respectively. I’m a little surprised with the atmosphere of a class that morning. Indeed, they are usually noisy, but today they are more noisy conversation than usual. I tried installing the ears, trying to listen to what the topic of their conversation. The students are fussing abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter