Application

L' antique

L’antique is a French pastry inspired café that was built by a French-Korean couple who have been living in France for most of their lives but now seeing as they have entered their fifties, they have decided to settle down and move to Korea and have an easy going job. But seeing as there weren’t that many good French café and them missing French sweets, the couple decided to open a small and cozy café in downtown soul.

 

Mrs. Im didn’t want to hire any male workers in fear of them involving in fights, breaking the law or just simply being lazy. So Mr. Im granted his wife’s wish and started hanging up a large sized flyer on the window that read,

 

Help! Wanted!

L’antique is looking for femalestaff only!

If interested, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at xxxxxxx

Merci!

 

Mr. & Mrs. Im watched in anticipation for an entire week as passersbys would stop, read and walk away while the owners decorated the café. Day after day they would check their e-mail or phone in hopes of receiving a new worker. They were starting to lose hope that no one was interested until one day…

 

 

 

Kim Hyuna is a college sophomore at Seoul University. She has been living in Seoul all of her life and she had no plans of leaving this gorgeous city. However, she is a girl who will be attending university and she needed to move out from her parents’ house. Sure, she loves her mom and dad but she’s a lady now, she can handle herself living alone in the big city. So she begged and begged her parents to move out and find a place of her own. After finally being convinced, Hyuna packed up her bags and moved out into a small, a bit cramped, apartment. It wasn’t a five star hotel but it will do.

 

She had been living there for about a year now. Many things had happened in that tiny apartment. Her first night drinking with the girls, her first time having a party, and the first time she learned how to pay the bills (and she hated it) but the building had to close down due to the fact that the city wanted something else in its place. Of course, the greedy owner hurriedly agreed and closed down the place. Fortunately, Hyuna had a place to stay with her best friend. Unfortunatly, she still has to pay for rent if she wanted to continue being her best friend’s roommate. She searched for a job for days now and couldn’t find anything that had a good pay or something she was good in. Until one day, she was walking back home after a long day in school when she saw a help wanted poster at a random café, intrigued, the light brown haired girl took a picture of the poster and rushed back home. She sent an e-mail to the café owners, explaining to them her situation. She waited for a bit until she received a reply.

 

Hello miss Hyuna,

 

If you please fill out this application, we will determine if you can have the job or not.

 

Application:

 

Name:

Age:

Occupation:

Special Skill:

Can you read and speak basic French? (Requirement)

 

Any additional note(s)?

 

Thank you,

Mr. Im

 

Hyuna read the application and answered the questions. It’s a good thing that Hyuna had been into the French culture ever since she had visited the country in her childhood. As soon as she had returned from the European country, she had begged her mother to enroll her in a French language class. She soon learned about the culture, food, lifestyle, and entertainment. She also became a fluent French speaker and had been to France numerous times.

 

Reading this, you’re probably questioning why Hyuna wanted to work at a café when her parents can afford all of those things? Simple, she wanted to be independent and learn how to control her money. But that’s a story for another day.

 

Satisfied with her answer, Hyuna sent the e-mail with a whisper of ‘Fighting!’ She lowered the lid of her laptop and quickly went to the bathroom. Once she was back in her room, she was surprised to see that she had a reply from the owners.

 

Dear Miss Hyuna,

 

Your application is simply marvelous! Is it possible for you to drop by the café tomorrow to discuss about working hours and have a tour around the café at around 4 pm?

 

Thank you,

Mr. Im

 

She got the job? This is great news! Finally! Now, she can pay back her friend and help pay for the apartment they’re living in.

 

“Hara yaaaaaa!!!” she squealed as she left her room.

“Haraaaaa!”

 

 

“Neeehh?” yelled the chocolate haired girl who was busy cooking dinner in the kitchen. Tonight is Tuesday, meaning that it was her turn to make lunch and dinner, something she did with pride because she knew that her cooking skills were great.

 

“I got a job! I got a job!” Came Hyuna jumping up and down into the kitchen.

 

“Oh, chinch?” Hara asked while closing the lid of the pot.

 

“Mmm!” the 20 year old nodded her head. “They want to see me tomorrow to talk about work hours and have a tour!”

 

Hara smiled at her best friend and hugged her. Both girls shimmied their bodied in excitement at the news.

“Wanna come?” Hyuna asked after breaking the hug.

 

“I don’t know.” Hara bit her lip. She was in desperate need of a new job because her current one was a nightmare! She applied to work at a fancy Korean restaurant as a cooker but instead, they had her do errands where they had her drive around the city looking for specific items. But, despite the crappy position, the pay was very good. She can manage to pay the bills and have enough money to buy a blouse or two from her favorite designer stores.

 

“At least just give it a look. I’m sure the pay is great! Plus, there are no boys!”

 

No boys?

 

Now Hara is tempted. Her current job has this really old and creepy man always staring at her and flirting with her. The college junior complained to her boss about it but he just chuckled and said that he was just an old man appreciating a pretty looking lady. Umm, no. He was simply undressing her with his eyes and rapping her. Hara shivered.

 

“Ok, I’m in!”

 

“Yay!” Hyuna bounced and clapped her hands with a big grin on her lips.

 

Hara rolled her eyes at her childish friends. “Yah! Stop being so childish and come it lunch!”

 

“Neh!”

 

Hyuna was super excited for tomorrow. She has a feeling that working at the café will allow her to experience new things and meet different people every day. She couldn’t wait!

 


 

So, that's the first chapter. More characters will be revealed as the story goes on so don't worry if they're not all mentioned yet :)

 

Please comment bellow for faster updates! :D