EPILOGUE: Just Enough

Kill Me Before I Die

It wasn’t the end of the story.

Some said that ghosts exist because they have unsettled things to be done with.

Others believed that people reincarnate to live another life… better than their past lives.

So many theories out there have said that second chances are always there.

Be it life or somewhere in the afterlife, there would always be hopes and new chances to start things anew.

 

 

index_separator.gif

 

 

Not far from Seoul, there exists a warm coffee shop with a small library, ready to be served for its customer. The cosiness inside the shop was a complete opposite from the scene outside with white snowflakes falling down from the sky as people bustled and walked past in careful steps, all feeling excited upon seeing the first snow of the winter.

A rather pale-skinned waitress bowed at a fellow worker as she gently placed a café’s apron on the hook, ready to end her shift for the day. A soft smile was evident on her face before she made her way out into the snow, and lightly frowned at the feeling of dampness from the snow which fell on her clothes. Damn, she swears that no one has prepared for this weather when they got out of their houses before, which was why she was only wearing a thin jumper and ripped jeans.

Along with a soft sigh, the girl walked slowly ahead, leading for her bicycle which was parked not far from the café. She was lucky that the surrounding wasn’t as crowded as it would usually be—perhaps it was due to the snow which has chased everyone to the hill where they could truly enjoy it with their families and friends.

Soon, she could be joining them with her one and only sister, Soyeon. That thought alone has brought a smile to her face as she grabbed her phone from her pocket, and she would have called Soyeon right then… if her gaze hasn’t captured a familiar figure standing still in front of her, eyes were casting off a puzzled look.

“Do I know you?” Asked the boy with the most beautiful golden skin that she has ever encountered with.

To be fair, she was the one who was supposed to be asking the boy that question since he was the one who stopped in her tracks, interrupting her usual routine after the shift ended.

However, the boy was different. And by different, she meant different. “What do you think?” So her lips formed a shape what seemed like a smirk.

“Say… what’s your name beautiful?” Winking, the boy asked as he returned her smirk with another smirk; an odd feeling slowly crept into his heart as he stared into her brown eyes.

“I’m Jung Soojung.” Answered the girl as she gazed him with a teasing smile. “What’s yours?”

Jongin—my name is Kim Jongin.” Reaching out for a handshake, he stuttered out the words almost too quickly. Jongin could feel her hands; soft and warm. Then he noticed that she was not wearing warm clothes, slightly shivering. “Were you meant to go back home?”

Chuckling softly at his bluntness, Soojung nodded before she began walking towards her destination: the bicycle. “To throw on some warm clothes? Yes.” The corner of her eyes caught Jongin walking alongside her with an umbrella in his hand, trying to avoid the snow from falling onto Soojung.

“Mind me sending you instead? I drive.” Somehow his tone gave off a confused feeling even though it did came out confidently.

Despite the ideal offer, Soojung remained silence with a grin plastered on her face. She kept walking until the guy patted her shoulder lightly, demanded not be ignored. “Mr Kim Jongin, give me one smart reason why I should trust you to take me home.”

Rubbing the back of his neck, Jongin darted his gaze away, thinking for a logical answer. “I don’t know, really. You just feel very familiar and I want to know why.” Honesty filled his sentences as it bounced towards Soojung.

She nodded lightly as her fingers tucked in strands of hair behind her ears. “Does the name ‘Krystal’ or ‘Kai’ ring a bell to you?” Her eyes squinted lightly as she tried to read Jongin’s expression.

“No—are they someone that we know?”

Feeling slightly disappointed with the response, Soojung shook her head. “They were someone… we used to be.”

“Huh?”

Seeing the genuine curiosity in Jongin’s eyes have sparked something in Soojung as she decided to throw strange clues for him. “Do the words ‘kill me, before I die’ say anything to you?”

“What are you playing at?” Raising up a brow, Jongin asked, feeling challenged.

“Do you really not remember anything?”

“Was I supposed to remember something?”

Annoyance slowly building up in Soojung as she sighed out loud. Maybe this was how Jongin felt when she couldn’t remember anything back then. “Nothing. I was just messing about.” She could eventually reach out for her bicycle and unlocked the padlock, brushing off snow from the seat. “I guess I’ll see you later then.” But just as she was about to storm off with her bike, a line of incoherent words escaped Jongin’s lips, again stopping Soojung on her tracks.

I rather have you kill me before I die of losing everything again.” Smirking, Jongin slowly shifted closer towards the unsuspecting girl, brushing her hair out of her face. “Did any of those words ring a bell to you?”

Soojung huffed, suppressing an explosion of happiness from the inside as she turned her face away from Jongin, flabbergasted by his act. “I hate you.”

“I always know that you do.” He moved closer until Soojung could feel his breath on her ears. “Besides, it was you who killed me… didn’t you?”

Now blushing, Soojung pushed Jongin away from her as she frowned. “Go away.”

“Soojung…”

“Get away from me.”

Krystal…” At that words, Jongin eventually could shut the girl up as she threw her gaze elsewhere. “Hey, I’m liking the fact that you were being killed by Kris.”

Snapping her head up at his insensitive words, Soojung roared in annoyance, “I seriously hate you.”

“If he didn’t kill you back then… I wouldn’t be here, seeing you.” His voice softened as his gaze lost in hers. Another step was taken towards Soojung before he held her face in his palms. “I’m glad that I’ve finally found you.”

Soojung let a smile graced on her face as she raked her fingers through his brunettes. “You’re only going to hear this once, so listen carefully.”

“I hate you.” And just like the usual Jung Soojung, she pulled him in for a French kiss, purely expressing all of her bottled emotions and feelings that she would forever be bad at speaking it aloud.

But Jongin didn't mind that. As long as she was there, he wouldn't mind to be dead in her hands over and over again. So with a grin, he responded to the kiss and placed a palm on the back of her head, deepening it more like he had been missing her for his whole life.

True, their story may not be a fairytale, but it was just enough for him.

Just enough for them.

 

 

 

 


Aaaand that's the end of this story! I hope the ending is not too confusing! I knew that reincarnition means that both of them wouldn't even remember each other... but did they even reincarnated? Or was it some weird witch's spell that she did to them when they both died? Where's Lay and Kris? Or is this the afterlife?

Hahaha I'll leave it to you guys to figure it out xox

Anyways, I am so glad that you could literally bare with my extremely slow update - really thankful for that. On the other note, KAISTAL IS REALLY REAL GUYSS! I'm super happy that our fantasy came true *cries in happiness* And thank you so much for supporting this story always remember that I LOVE YOU!! (trust me I really do)