CHEMISTRY: Between Us

Kill Me Before I Die

The cloudless sky vividly matched with the crystalline lake, which casted an illusion of being one. As if it was an exquisite painting with an error for not having a horizon line, if it was not because of the light blotches of green here and there, emphasising the hills and the blooming trees.

The firm grip in between Krystal’s fingers remained warm and comfortable despite the tense air of silence which surrounded them. The fact that they have travelled in the lost city of Atlantis, leaded both Kai and Krystal to skip their supposedly next station – which was a stunning waterfall, and instantly met a bridge, which will lead them straight to an isolated city.

Honestly speaking, Krystal had prepared for a million of questions to attack Kai, but she chose not to let it out ever since they’ve left Kris behind. And the vampire noticed that her heartbeat began to produce a song, which sounded more like a rap since it was beating fast. “Kai?” Eventually, when their feet stepped onto a lone bridge over a stream leading to a blue misty lake, Krystal had decided to speak in her soft tone.

The male only spared her a glimpse, before he stared off to the front again, eyebrows still crooked. “If you want to ask whether if I’m okay or not—then let’s just say neither.” His pace slowed down slightly, perhaps upon noticing the peaceful view around them.

Something held Krystal back from snapping at his sharp tone of reply, somehow. Maybe it was because they had been through the journey together that caused Krystal to understand him more. “No. That was not what I’m going to ask.” Her ears listened to a sigh escaped from Kai’s lips, as the vampire pursed her lips together.

Then suddenly, the werewolf halted his walking, leading Krystal to bump slightly onto his back. His figure spun around to face her, eyes remained cold yet… sad. “Look, instead let me ask you something. Why are you so willing to help me with this?” His voice was steady and sharp, as if purposely waiting for Krystal to snap at him.

The young woman widened her eyes lightly towards his range of words. Then, just as Kai had wished, Krystal’s level of anger did raise up. “Why are you asking me that?! You were the one who was so desperate to actually beg for your girlfriend’s life to be back—when you were the one who had killed her! Just how pathetic are you?!” Fists were being clenched, breathe was quickened, and heart was being squeezed. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Krystal noticed that in front of the wonderful lake with dazzling swans swimming in harmony was not an ideal place to fight. So she held in an urge to transform, and stared penetratingly into Kai instead.

Something within Kai’s soul had snapped. His gaze averted away from Krystal’s as he spun back around, and continued walking. The walk was still tense, yet it was much tenser than before. Krystal had no other choice than to silently trail from behind. Eyebrows furrowed and lips frowning.

From the bridge, both of the creatures could witness a clear cerulean water that rushed down to the lake not far from their views. It was still misty as it was still morning after all. Long across the massive lake, stood tall an abandoned castle. Indeed, it was the witch’s castle which they both were heading to – their one far destination. Krystal couldn’t believe the amount of events and tragedies which happened within the time span of their journey to the old castle. Really, the werewolf had brought more into her life. Including frustration.

Just when they have stepped into an awaiting isolated city, where Krystal’s sight could registered red brick houses, scattered lampposts and uneven streets, a rather young looking man abruptly popped out in front of Kai, who was leading the way. “Jongin? Is that you?” With a pair of wide eyes, that human asked.

The vampire scanned the young man from up to toe, before she spun her head around to meet with Kai’s shocked expression. She could witness that his lips was hesitating in replying, but he did anyway after awkward pauses and much frowning. “Kyungsoo hyung, what are you doing here?” At the mention of the human’s name, Krystal unreasonably felt like pushing the guy off a cliff with thousands of roses’ thorn beneath.

A heart-shaped grin lifted Kyungsoo’s lips up, as he stepped closer towards the werewolf. “Jongin! I’d never expected to see you here! What makes you stop by for a visit?” His hand was holding a bag, which appeared to be like a recycle bag—and from Krystal’s judgement, Kyungsoo wasn’t good in his sense of style either.

Without caring about the burning sensation in her heart, Krystal butted in the conversation, answering for Kai without any hesitations. “Maybe you’ve got the wrong guy, Kyungsoo-ssi. This is not Jongin—”

“Krystal, I actually—”

“—instead this is Kai. Sorry, but you’ve got the wrong one, kid.” With a smirk, Krystal finished off her sentences and glared straight into Kyungsoo’s innocent stare. For a longer second, they remained staring at each other until Kai sighed out loud.

The werewolf’s palms rested momentarily on Krystal’s shoulders, as he spun her around, before he parted his lips open to speak, “Krystal. I know him. And he is older than us—give some respect, yeah?” Tone was demanding yet gentle at the same time, that the vampire did not know how to react.

So she shrugged off his warmth from her shoulder, and shouted, “Who are you to tell me what to do?!” Like a child, Krystal stomped away from both males with face burnt in frustration—or perhaps, jealousy.

Kai was only an arm span away from reaching out for Krystal, when Kyungsoo halted his movement with an abrupt appearance in his sight. “Jongin! Since you’re already here, then why not stop by my house? I have foods.” Kyungsoo’s frail arm lifted up the recycled bag and instantly, the sound of dangling boxes with tins brought Kai back to nostalgia.

Yet the man had an urge to find Krystal, as he had sworn to himself that he will protect the vampire ever since the day he had murdered Ji Hye. “But I need to go after Krystal—”

“Oh, don’t worry about her. This city is tiny. And she knew the ins and outs of it since you guys had visited me before. So… foods?”

Honestly speaking, Kai was torn in between two. Yet Kyungsoo’s tone in confirming him that everything was going to be all right, leading the werewolf to nod at the man’s offer.

 

 

The scent of coffee brews swirled in the morning mist, as Kyungsoo’s frail arms unhook a pan to prepare breakfasts for three. His house was not as large, not even medium, albeit was perfect and cosy for a single living. There was a counter for Kai to sit facing Kyungsoo’s side feature at the side of the cabinet, and the werewolf couldn’t deny that the human seemed so serene from that view, along with a rising sun, peeking from Kyungsoo’s glass window.

With Kai only an arm span away from the breakfast bar, Kyungsoo brought up a conversation—that typical kind of conversation between two old friends who hadn’t met each other for so long. “How everything have been, Jongin?” Voice was clear yet light, fitting his fresh image in that one particular morning.

The mentioned man, who was known as Jongin in Kyungsoo’s eyes, nonchalantly placed his arms onto the white counter as his gaze was glued on Kyungsoo. “Terrible—messed up.” He could tell that Kyungsoo began to felt anxious with Kai’s honest reply, as the human swiftly spun his head around to meet with the werewolf’s stare. “I wish everything could be just like before it all have begun.”

Despite the lack of information in Kai’s answer, Kyungsoo chose to spare him an understanding nod even though the man did not even understand his words, before he shifted aside to prepare for a couple of pancakes. However, Kyungsoo knew that sooner, Kai will spill out like he used to do before—only a little more time was needed for the younger one to open up. “How are you and Soojung?” There came a pause, as if Kyungsoo was hesitating for his own benefit. “Do you still love her?” Kyungsoo’s tone wavered slightly, eyes were trying hard focusing on the pancakes.

A sigh swirled out of Kai’s lips as his gaze dropped down, staring at his palms. “I had somebody new.” His reply appeared in a form of squeaking, as if he was somehow ashamed.

Kyungsoo nodded, again. “I see.” Perhaps he had thrown the wrong question, that the vibe abruptly became awkward. Only the sound of flipping pancakes and soft breaths could be detected right then.

“I’m going to find Krys—I mean, Soojung.” Stool was screeching lightly as Kai stood up. He already half-turned his figure when Kyungsoo shouted, halting his act.

“Wait! Don’t go yet! These pancakes are ready for you.”

“But it has been a while since she disappeared. I don’t want Soojung to get lost.”

Then, with a smile, Kyungsoo spoke up as his figure passed the counter and gently placed a rather wide plate of pancakes onto the breakfast bar. “I still remember that Soojung is a wise girl. She knows where to go and when to go. If she’s still the same girl from the past, then I’m sure that she will find a way to my house soon.”

Not a second after Kyungsoo had stopped talking, Kai thought that the human was somehow wrong and right at the same time—because Krystal did appeared from the door not far from the kitchen. Breathlessly, the vampire stared straight into the werewolf’s brown orbs as she parted her lips open to speak, “Kai… what happened?”

Confused with the vague question, Kai’s forehead formed a frown. “What do you mean?”

For once in forever, Kai witnessed Krystal’s lips quivered as her eyes refracted fragility. “That princess – Jessica, what happened to her?” Voice was thin enough to break, but Krystal chose to appear strong, as a vampire she was.

The first one to react was Kyungsoo, who had his eyes widened. His grip loosened around the fork as his gaze was averted towards Kai, who seemed to be struck by something painfully invisible.

Sensing that the werewolf wouldn’t speak in his speechless state, Krystal pressed on her tone, this time much firmer and steady. “Answer me.” Fists were being clenched, as if she knew that a horrible reality was coming up—and Krystal was prepared for it—or at least she thought she did.

Inhaling a deep breath, Kai eventually answered after a pregnant pause, “Princess Jessica was put on a curse, Krystal. And the curse was broken after she had done what she had always wanted to do before Prince Donghae helped her.” Words were being rearranged carefully as Kai avoided an eye contact with Krystal.

“Does it means that Princess Jessica is gone?” Her voice broke at the last syllables, Kai had noticed.

“She was gone even before she was put on a curse, Krystal.”

If the tense air wasn’t enough, Kyungsoo chose to step into their conversation along with a violating truth. “Jongin, was Soojung talking about Sooyeon noona?”

“Yes.”

“But Jongin, why are you lying to her?”

Being snapped up by Kyungsoo’s assumption, Kai darted his gaze towards the human with a deeper frown and a pair of furrowed eyebrows. “I am not, hyung.” His tone risen slightly as he felt humilated by Kyungsoo’s false statement.

Almost innocently, Kyungsoo voiced out his simple yet firm comment, “Then why didn’t you tell her that Sooyeon noona had disappeared without a trace?”

An unknown strong urge to protest at Kyungsoo fired up inside of Krystal. But just before she could let out her frustration, a familiar shrilling shriek echoed into her mind again, crashing her eardrums. Instantly, Krystal fell onto the cold ground with palms pressing hard against her ears. With a frown that couldn’t get any deeper, a scream escaped the vampire’s lips, and tears were threatening to break free.

Both of the men were surprised with the abruptness of event, which sent them panicked. Kai, having experienced with Krystal’s hysterical scream before, rushed towards her figure whilst Kyungsoo trailed from behind and crouched beside the female.

In between the breathless utterances of Krystal’s condition, Kai eventually asked for a room for Krystal. And Kyungsoo immediately gestured the younger one to follow him as Kai carried Krystal up into a small room.

“Is she going to be okay?” Despite the piercing wail of Krystal, Kyungsoo managed to asked in a rather slow tone as his eyes trailed after Kai, who laid the woman down onto his bed in a gentle manner.

Kai let Kyungsoo’s question passed for a few beats of second, before he nodded lightly. His gentle grip around Krystal’s shoulder and arm tightened ever so slightly as he spoke in a hushed tone, “Krystal… calm down, okay? You are safe here, you’ll—you’ll be fine. Just, stop struggling with yourself… please.” If he could swear out loud right then, Kai would have said that he had tried his best in comforting the vampire, yet he noticed the lack of words that he could use to describe his concern for Krystal. Perhaps it was due to their encounter, which began with a fight and spillages blood, which caused the feelings to be stuck down in Kai’s throat.

Adrenalin rushed down Krystal’s porcelain skin, before she eventually stopped straining from the shriek in her mind, and fainted. The tense in Kai’s muscle didn’t fade away as he stared penetratingly towards the unmoving vampire.

One minute, two minutes… and five minutes had passed by, before Kyungsoo softly spoke up, “Should we leave her here to rest? We will check on her when she’s awake later.”

A quiet sigh escaped Kai’s lips, before he nodded and trailed after Kyungsoo from behind. His grip pulled the door closed, leaving peace and silence for Krystal to clear her mind out. Although the man was afraid to leave her alone as she could suddenly wake up just to tear her hair out, Kai had to obey with Kyungsoo’s advice as Krystal needed some space from the stuffed pain of her memories.

After a long while had ticked by with pursed lips and train of thoughts, Kyungsoo eventually asked out of concern, “Why was she acting like that? Is she all right?” Voice was as soft as a feather, as if being careful with his words of the young woman even though she was nowhere in sight.

Sighing, the younger male crouched down on a couch in front of a medium-sized television, before he slowly answered, “Her memory is returning.” Sharp gaze was thrown towards the black screen of the television, staring deeply into space that Kai didn’t even realise that the seat beside him sunken down with Kyungsoo’s weigh.

Then, in a long observation of Kai’s facial expression with each trace of wrinkles on his bronzed forehead, Kyungsoo elbowed the younger one lightly, asking in confusion, “What do you mean by that, Jongin? Did Soojung lost her memories? Does she has an amnesia?”

For the third time in that once peaceful morning, Kai hesitated as he stared straight into Kyungsoo’s curious eyes. A puff of air escaped his lips when he averted his gaze away, and shut it close a second after. “Krystal—no, the truth is—actually Krystal and me—we lost our memories once when we were bitten by those creatures.” There. Kai had said it.

“What creatures, Jongin? What do you meant by ‘bitten’?” And right there. Kai could spotted the fear in Kyungsoo’s voice.

“We—hyung, please don’t be terrified—but me and her, we are not humans any longer.”

“What? Jongin, if this is one of your silly jokes, then you’ve failed to amuse m—”

“No! Hyung, just—listen. I was bitten by a werewolf. An alpha werewolf… that took away my happiness and almost killed Krystal. But—but that night, that night when I left her alone—terrified by myself, was the night when Krystal was bitten by a vampire.” For no reason, Kai’s breathe was fast, as if he had been running for a marathon and abruptly halted his movement on a spot in front of Kyungsoo. “I don’t ing know why those creatures didn’t just eat us up till we die, but because they’ve stopped themselves from doing that, we both changed—into something else.”

And as hard as Kyungsoo wished that it all was only a joke from Kai, he had an urge to believe him because the younger one right there… seemed so tensed, and Kyungsoo knew better than to run away from him who had declared himself as a werewolf with a potential of murdering a human like Kyungsoo. His brain pressured him to say that he understands Kai, but Kyungsoo can’t really say that he truly understand their situation—because he hadn’t been there before. So Kyungsoo let the seconds passed by, accompanied with tensed muscles and hitched breath of his, before a tiny encouragement from his inner self croaked out a word of curiosity. “Jongin… how did you remembered everything, if Krystal is still behaving like that?” Like a psycho – that was what Kyungsoo thought at the moment Krystal began shouting at herself just before.

With a hard gulp, Kai answered as he shifted his gaze away with a recall of the tragic memory. “You might not know this yet, hyung. But the one that turned me into a werewolf, who was my alpha, Kris—has an ability to access through my memory by inserting his claws into the back of my neck. And before I knew it, he removed my human memories, and made me believed that I was born a werewolf, when I wasn’t.” His smooth face frowned at the truth as he rested his palms on his sides, eyes were now thrown at a flock of silhouette birds outside.

Though the hesitation, Kyungsoo managed to croaked out a question, “Why did Kris let you remembered everything now?” One of his palm met Kai’s sharp shoulder as he gave the younger one a gentle squeeze, assuring him to relax his muscle. Because Kyungsoo wanted Kai to trusted him like always, with his protective presence and never-ending warmth.

A thankful grin graced upon Kai’s lips as he gazed at Kyungsoo’s hand on his shoulder, before a bitter smile instantly washed away his merry heart in an attempt of replying. “Kris didn’t do that. Instead he let me did the wrong thing… by gobbling up my own girlfriend—”

“But Soojung is not dead.”

“No, no. Soojung was my girlfriend. But this girlfriend I am talking about is Ji Hye—”

“But Jongin, I never knew that you’ve broke up with Soojung.”

“No, hyung. I didn’t broke up with her. We’ve lost our memories, remember? That was why I fell for another girl, who was Soojung’s best friend. I didn’t know that we were so close in putting the pieces back together, but I did a terrible mistake, hyung. No wonder why Kris left me alone when I told him that I was in a relationship with Ji Hye. Because he was scared. Scared that I will leave the pack once I found out about the truth. But I did left the pack after all, because all of the wolves kicked me out, since my relationship with a human was forbidden.” A heavy heave of breathe escaped Kai’s lungs, letting out all of the tangled problems in the comfort of an old friend. His dark brown eyes found a way to Kyungsoo’s, and he found the latter startled by his own stinging experience. “Then, after I’ve left the pack and lived alone with Ji Hye, I was surprised that I could act like a human normally – as if I was born a human. But then Ji Hye introduced me to Krystal, and from there hyung—from there, I started to have strange tingling feelings whenever I saw her.” A pause, and Kai brought his face down. “I think from there—since I’ve lost my connection with Kris and since he is not my alpha anymore—my memories slowly returning, even though I had no clue with the blurred images that used to spin in my mind before.”

Kyungsoo patted Kai’s shoulder gently as they both were gazing down at their feet. His mind was trying to register everything in, somehow, Kyungsoo found it all too much for him to know everything in a day. Even then, he still wanted to know one dreaded answer. “After all that, Jongin—is your feeling still the same for Soojung?”

All of sudden Kai stopped moving, as if too deep in thought that he doesn’t care about anything rather than his speaking emotions. But eventually, that particular stupid answer was the one that left his lips; “I don’t know.”

 

 

A crying red sun swam in the glistening lake which began to be stained by its red tears. Flock of birds flew to their nests, and the majestic swans flapped back to their awaiting thrones. It was already late in the evening, and as if it was a rule in the animal kingdom, all of the creatures rushed back to their homes, resting the night off.

Krystal woke up with a groan followed by a frown. Her eyelids fluttered open, but instead of facing the man in her dreams, her sight was greeted first with a kind demeanour of Kyungsoo. “Awake?” The soft voice of his drummed into her ears as Krystal struggled to sit up. As in reflex, Kyungsoo’s rather muscular arm supported her upper body up, helping with concern. “How are you feeling…Krystal?”

Something about the man’s presence made Krystal feels uncomfortable. Perhaps it was due to her lack of knowledge about the sudden appearance of Kai’s old friend, or perhaps it was because of Kyungsoo himself, who was still a stranger in her mind. So Krystal remained silent, and let Kyungsoo’s questions hung in the middle of the evening air. Her ears picked up a soft sigh escaped from the man’s lips, and he really did tried to converse, but Krystal just shut the world from anyone like Kyungsoo, and gave him no response with stare thrown to the slightly parted curtains ahead.

Placing down a bowl of porridge onto a bedside table, Kyungsoo eventually stood up from the chair—getting faded up by the unresponsive Krystal. He was only a couple of meters away from the door, when the young woman croaked out ever so quietly, “I’ve killed my sister, didn’t I?” Her voice was trembling, as if terrified with her own being.

The man widened his eyes in shock, unable to accept her words of fear. Ditching off the sour feeling which Krystal threw through her silence, Kyungsoo’s figure spun around and rushed towards the frail woman.

“I’ve killed my sister… didn’t I?”

A sob escaped Krystal’s lips, and Kyungsoo was clueless in what to do, so he imitated Kai’s act earlier in that morning, which was to pull the girl into a gentle embrace. “What are you talking about? You didn’t killed anyone, Krystal. It must have been those shrieks in your mind that confuse you like this. Don’t cry, okay?” His warm hand her soft brunette in comfort, other hand was holding her waist, as if she will break if he let go.

“I’ve killed my sister—didn’t I?”

Yet again, those range of words were the one that Krystal chose to speak out as she was drowned in her own sobs. She could felt Kyungsoo’s figure slowly moved their bodies from east to west, hushing her with the soft syllables he whispered. Eventually, the sobbing had ceased as Kyungsoo caressed her head, before he parted both of them from the hug. His right palm was still Krystal’s back until it became a pat, and he retreated his hands away as his brown orbs stared straight into the lady. “Better?” There came a small nod from Krystal before a relieved grin curled up Kyungsoo’s lips. His hands reached out for the forgotten—yet still warm—bowl of porridge and stretched it out for Krystal to take. “Eat some, okay? Then you can rest. You have a journey to go through tomorrow. Eat up, okay?” Accompanied by warmth, Kyungsoo gently advised when Krystal eventually accepted the bowl of porridge as she placed it onto her laps.

Sparing the man a light nod, Krystal threw her gaze towards the bowl when a realisation hit her hard. “Where’s Kai?” Maybe Krystal was still taken aback by her dream—which had caused her to be forgotten about the werewolf momentarily. If it was not because of Kyungsoo, who had just mentioned about their journey, the vampire would have rest more and sleep her fear away without a thought about Kai… or did she actually thought about him the first thing when she was awake?

Frown was visible on the man’s forehead, before it swiftly faded away with the curl of his lips. “Did you meant, Jongin? He is sleeping in the next room, don’t worry. Now fill your stomach before the porridge gets cold—”

“Can I go and see him?”

“No, Krystal. You are still unwell—”

“But I need someone to talk to.” Her feet touched the cold tile when a pair of strong, firm grip held her back from standing up. Her brown orbs travelled up and met with Kyungsoo’s eyes, which were completely shadowed by darkness.

“You can talk to me.” Contrasting with the warmth in each syllables which escaped his lips before, the vibe in his sentences right then were filled with coldness and seemed darker than the night itself. Krystal swallowed down her saliva as her eyebrows began to furrow hard. The palms on her shoulders remained firm, and if she hadn’t mistaken, she could felt the strong pressure being pushed into her soul through the grip. Who knew that an adorable man like Kyungsoo could be incredibly strong like that?

In a swift motion, the trust which had been built by Kyungsoo to Krystal broke, with the abrupt appearance of a darkening aura around him. Perhaps due to the dream, which caused the lady a huge surprise that Krystal couldn’t find a gut in drinking his blood up in that moment of his thickening command. “It is about my sister.” Despite the fact that Krystal felt small in his strong grip, her tone would always sound confident and steady, as a vampire she was. Just after the range of syllables left her lips, she noticed that his pressure softened slightly when the earlier grin crept onto his face. Right then, Krystal wondered if Kyungsoo had taken an acting lesson before, because she could not define between his façade and his real side.

“Tell me.”

With lips pressed into a firm line, Krystal shook her head, “no.” With that, she’d decided to test the man’s patience.

A soft sigh escaped Kyungsoo’s lungs, before he eventually retreated his hands away and stood still in front of Krystal. “Then eat up. Jongi—Kai will be awake when the morning comes. You can talk to him later.” His palm reached out for Krystal’s head and patted her brunette lightly.

3 seconds flew by, before Krystal broke the eye-contact and threw her stare towards the porridge which was left untouched. “All right.” If it was not due to her concern about Kai, who hardly had a rest ever since the beginning of their long journey, Krystal would have rushed into the next room and speak out her vivid dream. Then with a heave of breathe, the vampire reached out for the bowl, which she had placed back to the bedside table before, and started eating.

Kyungsoo’s lips curled into a heart-shaped smile as he nodded lightly and spun around. With a push of the door’s lever, the man eventually exited the room, and entered the darkness ahead.

 

 

The floor was producing an eerie creaking sound, as it supported the weigh of a tip-toeing man. Something metallic was shining beneath the glimmer of the moon, and the night itself was filled with an unknown sadistic vibe which had engulfed the atmosphere there.

The wooden door squeaked in exhaustion with years of working for its master. A hand gently pushed it open, before the man squeezed himself in between the wall and the door. With the shadow which was casted by the moon through the tiny gaps of the curtains, he raised both of his arms up right over his head, and revealed a knife which he had been carrying through the night. Filled with force, the knife was being sent down and dived straight into the target, which was laying still on the bed.

But then he sensed that something was not right.

With a click of a switch, the dull light of the room was switched on. Krystal furrowed her eyebrows at the pathetic sight as her fangs began to slowly grow beneath her lips. “Kyungsoo.”

Oh boy, she knew that she was right about him.

The mentioned man spun around in alert, eyes were bulging when his gaze travelled towards the vampire in front of him. “Why are you not in bed?” Despite his outer shock, Kyungsoo kept his demeanour calm as he moved his arm to the front, protecting his life with a knife in his grip.

Krystal stepped closer to the human as a growl of anger escaped her lips. Her brown orbs began to be in a shade of crimson red, highlighting the night with a threatening colour. “Because the sleeping drug doesn’t works for a vampire, Kyungsoo.” Her mind recalled the hospitality and the warm porridge which he had served her before; if it was not due to her supernatural senses, Krystal would not even have detected the drug inside of the food, although it would hardly affect her if she ate it. Her gaze trailed after Kyungsoo, who lightly stepped back with cold adrenalin rushed down his temple. “Why do you want to kill me?!” Gradually, the vampire’s tone raised as her fists were thrown downwards, flesh was turning paler in each ticking seconds as it contrasted with her jet black hair.

Kyungsoo swallowed hard, his stare never left Krystal’s piercing ones. With a soft heave of sigh, the man lowered down his weapon as his figure dropped onto the bed. Eventually, his gaze was averted downwards, staring at the floor beneath. “I think Kai still has feelings for you.” His voice softened at the appearance of his emotions and from the corner of his eyes, he could see that Krystal was walking slowly towards him, fangs were nowhere to be spotted yet her eyes were still painted in the colour of blood. With a whole weak courage, Kyungsoo spoke up, “I can’t let that happen. I have been loving him ever since we were in the high school. But—” Kyungsoo sure that his range of sentences were cut off by Krystal with a question, yet the man chose not to stop “—but Kai happens to be straight.”

Something inside of Krystal stirred. Despite the fact that she was clueless about Kyungsoo’s brief confession, she somehow could felt the emotions which were pouring out of the man’s past experiences. That pain of one-sided love. An invisible force leaded Krystal to sit beside the human. Even she was surprised by herself, who could be soft on Kyungsoo that she barely know, especially since he was the same man with an attempt of trying to kill her just now. It was as if she had known him before—that hurt which flashed in his eyes—it all seemed so familiar.

However, even if the vampire did admitted to have felt a newly discovered soft spot for Kyungsoo, she still didn’t know how to comfort the man. And she blamed it all on her ego side. Her pair of quinacridone magenta irises observed the human’s facial gesture. She was about to at least pat his back in return of his kindness for comforting her in the earlier hours before, when her senses registered a sharp masses of pain which was planted straight into her hips.

If it was Kyungsoo who widened his eye in shock before, it was now Krystal’s turn to be caught off guard. The only difference was that her eyes reflected the pain from both physical and emotional; physical because Kyungsoo had stabbed her from behind with a knife in his grip, emotional because Kyungsoo had completely broke the trust which had been built by familiarity inside of her.

In a swift motion, the man pulled away his hand from Krystal’s flesh, metal was colliding with her hip bones in the process, and eventually, the knife was out of her when the vampire grunted in affliction. The look in Kyungsoo’s eyes hardened in the darkness of the night as he stood up from the bed, which was reddening with Krystal’s blood.

Despite the piercing pain, the vampire did not fall off the bed as she remained strong—like a lady she would always be. Her shaking palm reached to the side to cover the blood from pouring out, her face was losing its colour rapidly, yet none of them was enough to stop her from throwing Kyungsoo a glare full of betrayal.

The man only stood still, firm in his spot with hardening expression. The knife which was still in his grip was dripping with Krystal’s blood, and a second after a gaze was thrown towards the vampire, Kyungsoo spun around to leave. But maybe—maybe Kyungsoo shouldn’t have judged a vampire as a weak creature.

Because before he knows it, Krystal was pouncing onto him from behind, with a pair of fangs being forced down into his milky neck. Kyungsoo wanted to scream, to struggle, to trash the vampire away—yet he was no match to Krystal.

Maybe that will teach him a lesson for not to mess with a vampire.

The sharp metal clanked down onto the ground, before it was soon followed by his drained figure, dropping onto the earth with a loud thud. Krystal wiped off the remaining blood from the corner of her lips with the back of her palm. Crimson red eyes scanned the lifeless man, before she stepped over him to exit the darkened room.

With hands still pressing hard onto the bleeding part of her hips, Krystal lightly limped through the way to the next room, where she believed Kai would be at. It took a whole new level for the vampire to restrain the pain, as she was ashamed on herself for putting the trust into Kyungsoo. Just what was happening to her, really?

From the look of it, Krystal knew that the house was rather small, yet the walk to the second room seemed so far away. She noticed how ragged her breathing was and the way she dragged her entire body to walk like how she’d demanded. But eventually, she successfully has reached the door of the room. Heaving out a sigh, Krystal carefully pushed the door open, and the first thing that greeted her was the pathway of the light which shone straight from the moon from a lone window.

The second thing was a half- Kai, with both arms being hung up in the air, restricting his feet from touching the ground below.

 

 

 


I am so sorry for the extremely late update ;_; I had been so busy with exams and had a frigging mental breakdown with my break up last week. Oh God, anyway, I hope that you guys are still keeping up with this story. What do you guys thought about Kyungsoo at first? Then what about now? Why's Kai being hung up like a dead body? I bet he's going to look so hot though, lol. Anyway, do leave some comments guys... it would really cheer me up ;)