ENCOUNTER: A Bloody Way

Kill Me Before I Die

   Darkness hovered Krystal’s view. It shadowed the drained skin of hers which began to transform into its original colour. A vampire's trademark, that was - pale white porcelain skin. Krystal widened her eyes and in a split second, her unusual figure stormed to the front in the lightning speed.

   The entire wood was flooded with a colour of Brunswick green, accompanied by towering trees which shadowed the whole scene in a late night winter, and almost came to a wakening dawn. The scarlet red of Krystal’s orbs, however, made her vision as clear as a crystal. A pair of sharp fangs grew from her folly-painted lips.

    Bushes whistled sharply as it rode the brisk wind when Krystal’s dark figure pounced upon a silver wolf, which aggressively chomped on a bloodied body of a woman. If Krystal was too late then, she wouldn’t recognize the destroyed prey, but an earlier faint scream from a familiar voice, made Krystal to threw away her cover as a human, and show up as the actual vampire she was.

   The wolf, however, remained unflinching from the vampire’s abrupt attack. Instead, it continued to furiously tear the prey’s body apart—which had lost her shape as a human. A groan escaped Krystal’s deep red lips (a blood colour, even) as her jet black hair, which highly contrasted with her porcelain skin, slapped across her face, covering her sight from the grey wolf that begun to rock its body harshly, trying to get rid of a sudden burden from its back.

   A boiling frustration grew inside of Krystal as her long, slender, pale fingers gripped around the wolf’s large neck–covered in rough fur–with an intention to not let her petite figure to flung away from its constant rocking. With a death vibe, Krystal whispered, as her face was pressed hardly against the wolf’s skull, nearing its long ears, “You had enough by finishing my friend off, now let’s see how’s the karma is going to bite back.”

   Her voice was calm but threatening, the strong grip around the wolf’s neck tightened as it begun to kick its long legs upwards, sensing a danger from the vampire above.

   Just when Krystal threw her hand up to give a massive, bloody scratch on its skull with her pointy sharp nails, the silver wolf purposely toppled backwards—crashing Krystal’s figure onto the thick dark snow. She shot her eyes wide open as her body trembled harshly against the wolf’s gigantic figure which was still lying above her. Its sharp spine could be felt against her ribcage as Krystal groaned in pain. Her hands were trapped below the stinging weight of the silver wolf as she strained herself up, trying to pry the wolf away.

   A low growl escaped the wolf’s long mouth–filled with bloody dagger teeth along with tiny pieces of human meats stuck between it–before the creature sent the vampire another smash with both of its hard brick elbows. A painful shriek made a way out of Krystal’s throat as she shut her eyes tight, bearing the dreadful impact on her bones. She could felt and hear a slight cracking sound beneath that thin porcelain skin of hers at the moment the silver wolf eventually rolled over, and stood firmly with the support of its four muscular legs.

   Krystal cracked one of her eyes open, barely, as her sight tried to readjust the blurry vision that she obtained from the merciless force. With a trembling, unsteady, harsh breath, the vampire strained her broken figure up with a vague help from her weak and wobbly arms. Her effort, however, was thrown into a waste as she slid over–almost bowing to the wolf in front of her–and stumbled onto the bloodied snow. Fogs escaped her scarlet lips which begun to turn into the shades of pale purple as she slowly stared up towards the wolf, expecting something to happen.

   A pathetic reflection appeared on the silver wolf’s dark orbs, mirroring Krystal’s painful condition as it stared downwards the vampire. With a warning growl, it begun to change shape—crooked back turned into a fine straight back, threatening claws and paws slowly faded into fingers, and rough fur steadily shaped a human body form. Krystal watched the scene in realization, finally noticed a slight difference in the wolf’s figure, which resembled a human male, than a real wolf. Her elbows lifted her chest up from the ground, allowing access for oxygen to flow clearer in her burning lungs.

   Red cough escaped the male’s damp lips as he rubbed his neck in difficulty to calm himself down from the earlier attack of a vampire. His breathe was as harsh as Krystal’s as both of them stared intently straight into each other’s orbs. “Krystal, you almost killed me.” Darkly, he stated as a few more blood coughs barked off his throat.

   Shock electrified the vampire’s trembling body when a familiar image registered in her mind. She pointed upwards and squeaked, “K-Kai.” A rush of memories replayed like a tape in front of her as she remembered a range of statement which came from Ji Hye, her friend who was now a dead meat, scattered not far away from the spot where Krystal was laying at. “Kai.” Slowly, her tone changed into a threatening one when her mind made a fact of Kai’s existence as a werewolf, as the memories of Ji Hye’s words vibrated in her eardrums.

 

“Kai might kill me because he is a werewolf.”

 

   Tears begun to form in Krystal’s scarlet orbs as a pang of guilt crept into her fragile heart. A dreadful scream made it way out of her lips when her neck stretched forward and furiously stood up, shouting, “You’ve killed my friend! You’ve killed your own girlfriend! No, you’ve ate her! What kind of a creature are you?!”

   In a flash of a lightning, her fingers grabbed Kai’s neck again and choked him tightly. Nerves stood out from her porcelain thin skin as she stared deathly towards his half-cracked eyes, begging for oxygen. “You’ve killed Ji Hye! You’re a murderer! You’re a ing murderer!”

   Kai’s legs gave up as he gasped between her hard grips around his neck. His figure was threatening to drop onto the thick red snow, but Krystal’s strong arm lifted him up and constantly gave more pressure onto his neck, closing his air passage. “P-Please… let me go.”

     “You deserve to be dead in my hands! You deserve it, Kai!” With tears streamed down her cheeks, Krystal shouted as the memories of Ji Hye kept flashing in her mind. Her fingers suddenly felt a soft wetness, trailing down his neck and she tried to focus her eyes on the source of dampness. With furrowed eyebrows, Krystal spotted tears ran down his face which begun to lose its colour.

   Sensing a slight loosened of the vampire’s grip around his neck, Kai rapidly jerked himself away from her and pushed her petite figure away, trying to catch the air. He panted harshly when a sight of Krystal, who made a move to storm over him, registered in his mind. Accompanied by a loud growl, Kai shot his palms up and exclaimed, “Stop there before I murder you instead!”

     Ignoring the werewolf’s threat, Krystal eventually forward and jumped over Kai’s figure, toppling both of them onto the thickening snow. She raised her hand up and was about to cut his neck out of his body, when Kai pushed her over and rolled on the top of her instead. With a low growl, he spoke, “Do you think that I’m weaker than a mere vampire like you?!” His teeth begun to be sharpened as his wolf-self awakened inside of him, and Kai found a harsh grip around Krystal’s neck, making her to feel what he felt earlier.

With a deafening roar, Krystal sent the werewolf upwards to the dark sky with her invisible force of vibration, causing him stuck onto one of the tallest trees there before she flew upwards and met with Kai’s surprised reaction. “No! You are weaker than you thought you were! And with this, I’m going to payback for everything that you’ve done to my friend!” Her unusually strong hands, which was obtained due to the strength as a vampire, pushed Kai backwards against the rough, sharp tree before she leaned forward, and let a pair of fangs to grow out from her lips.

Yanking away Krystal’s grip from his shoulders, Kai pinned her down, attached to the massive branch as he growled dangerously against her ears. “It is not my fault that I’ve killed Ji Hye!” A pause was taken when Krystal screamed against his face, demanding him to let go. “I love her, okay?! And she just looked so luring that I wanted to have with her—but then I couldn’t control myself but to took a bite of her flesh—and another one—until I realized what I’ve done!!” A drop of sincere tear fell onto the vampire’s porcelain skin from his eyes above, as Krystal startled upon listening to his genuine confession. He shook her shoulders lightly, holding back the tears of regret.

Letting out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding, Krystal’s gaze bore into Kai’s wet orbs when she touched her cheeks, and felt a familiar damp. At that moment, she couldn’t tell whether if it was her tears or his. “Let me go.” Softly but stern, Krystal demanded before Kai slowly pulled his hands away from her shoulders, eying the vampire carefully as her fangs begun to faded away. Eventually, both of the creatures sat up onto the strong branch while trying to calm them down, as the truth had been revealed. A sigh escaped Krystal’s lips, along with her face that was obtaining back its colour, before she spoke up, “There’s a way to bring back Ji Hye to life.”

Kai’s shoulders tensed at the exact second the syllables successfully made a way out of Krystal’s wide knowledge. However, it was soon slumped back forward, as the vampire continued, “But it is only if her body is still there.” Krystal snapped her eyes upwards to the werewolf’s face, glaring, “Or have you eaten all of the bits?”

Grabbing her wrists as the corner of his eyes caught a sign of Krystal’s small movement to pounce over him again, Kai answered darkly with a tight hold around her reddening skin, “You can see that I did. And you knew that—”

“ it, Kai! I want to kill you!!” Screaming in horror, Krystal struggled in his harsh grip as she mentally noted a bitter fact about Ji Hye’s death which couldn’t be returned.

“Krystal! I was her boyfriend—”

“Don’t you even dare to call yourself a boyfriend?”

“—and I am hurting too! You said that you knew a way to bring Ji Hye back to life! So there must be a way! You’re a frigging knowledgeable vampire! Damn it, think of something, Krystal!!” Vigorously shaking the female’s body in tense, Kai’s harsh tears rolled down his tanned flesh as he stared hopefully towards Krystal, wishing for an illogical solution.

Her orbs turned white as she was lost in Kai’s dreadful shook, unaware of his strength as a werewolf. Krystal yanked his strong grip away, after he softened it from the impact. “Get away from me! There’s no way to bring Ji Hye back to life if her body is in your damned stomach! Just die!!” Her hand was raised on purpose to push Kai’s figure away from the branch, when he rapidly grabbed a hold of her wrist, and both of them eventually were sent flying to the awaiting ground.

Krystal shut her eyes tight as she tried to yank off Kai’s tight hold around her wrist. Her jet black hair was flying on the top of her head, blocking her desperate view for anything to grip on. Due to her variety ranges of wisdom, Krystal knew that the free fall will ended as fast as it begun, and it gave her goose bumps as Kai refused to let her go before she fade up, knowing the fact that the werewolf wouldn’t let go—and floated herself up along with Kai hanging below her, just when their backs were about to kiss the thick ground of snow beneath. A few last panicked pants escaped the vampire’s scarlet lips as white fogs were clouded from every exhale that she made. Her head spun around lightly, watching the terror in Kai’s pair of trembling orbs beside her, before she let both of them to gently fell onto the snow. “You shouldn’t be saved from this hell fall—you should have let go and be crushed onto the ground.” Her tone was almost inaudible with each inhales of oxygen, exhausted.

Kai stared up in horror as he panted heavily, letting the pure white smoke to fogged up his view. “No.” There was a pause. “This is not the end yet. I knew that there must be a way to bring back Ji Hye to life.” He turned his head to the right lightly, letting the pearly snow to shaded his dark brunette as he locked his gaze with Krystal who had fire in her red orbs.

“A way like what?! Like tearing out your damned stomach and glue back every pieces of Ji Hye’s meat to a human form?!” Clenching her fists tightly, with a full grab of the pure snow, Krystal retorted as she tried not to pounce at Kai at that exact second – noticing her lack of energy from the free fall along with the fight.

The werewolf bit his lips hardly until a thin line of blood flowed out his lips. Steadying his foggy breath, Kai ran a hand through his messy brunette and whispered, “There’s a way. If you acknowledged that a dead person could be back to life by collecting her body, then there must be a way to bring back Ji Hye.” The corner of his eyes caught a sight of Krystal who was about to retort, when Kai, a beat too quickly continued, “How did you knew that method—about having a body of the dead so that she or he could be returned?”

Holding an urge to the alluring trail of blood from Kai’s lips, Krystal threw her gaze away and heaved out a sigh. “The head of the witches did it in front of me ages before.” Her fists trembled as her skin begun to turn pale without the flow of blood again—those trickling blood constantly dropped off Kai’s chin, and she mentally counted each drops from Kai’s blood. Krystal let out a grunt of frustration and before she knew it, the vampire already was climbing on the top of the werewolf, staring intently towards the alluring line of blood, as if it was the most interesting thing on the earth.

Snapping out of his thoughts, from having an abrupt weight above him, Kai stared down and collided his gaze with Krystal’s scarlet red orbs. It was then he realized the trail of blood which came out from his lips, and he cursed loudly along with a groan when Krystal begun to the blood on his chin, aggressively. Kai struggled beneath her strong figure as his hands tried to push her away, and shouted, “Krystal! S-Stop it! I knew that—” His ranges of syllables were cut off when Krystal roughly at his lips, sipping the taste of blood as Kai let out a painful moan. With a panicked mind, he eventually managed to topple the hungry vampire over and pinned her hands harshly onto the ground. His effort, however, was in a mess when Krystal craned her neck upwards and kept his lips, almost finishes off his blood. A loud growl escaped between the struggles, as Kai’s palm met with Krystal’s neck, and accompanied by a huge amount of effort, the werewolf pushed her neck backwards—parting away their lips.

The vampire kicked and twisted beneath Kai’s strong grip as she grunted desperately, wishing to drink all of his blood as she let out a low growl. Her eyes were shot red and her skin was paler than before. Frustrated with her struggle, Kai tightened his firm grip around Krystal’s neck, and choked her. A few coughs escaped her bloody lips as she gasped for oxygen.

Minutes passed by with Kai furiously did a couple of constant chokes towards Krystal, and as if it happened in a slow motion, the female’s muscles begun to relax before her eyelids closed shut, unmoving. Satisfied, the werewolf shifted his hands away and stared towards Krystal, who was unconscious with her returning skin colour, resembling a peaceful woman in her deep slumber. Quick breath escaped Kai’s pale lips before he heaved out a sigh, and slipped an arm below Krystal’s knees, along with an arm beneath her long neck. Her silky black hair fell away from her face as Kai slowly got to his feet, and carried Krystal away.

 

 

A worn-out wooden door let out a deafening squeak as Kai kicked it opened harshly with both arms carried Krystal into the abandoned cabin. The scene was tenebrous, only a tiny hollow of moonlight managed to peek into the wooden cabin. Scent of rustiness and ragged timbers floated around the cabin as Kai heavily dashed forward with paleness crept beneath his flesh. Effortlessly, the werewolf placed the unconscious vampire onto a porcelain bed, which had been sprayed with permanent dusts, before he pulled an antic chair forward and slumped himself down.

Pure white steam escaped his bruised lips, which slowly turned into dark purple, as his eyelids were closed shut, wishing for a second of peace. His frosted forefinger traced the faint bruise on his lips, mindlessly replaying the scene earlier. Eyes darting for Krystal, who was deep in her slumber, as Kai noted the softness of her lips when she his blood in the middle of the struggles before. He had to admit—even though her act was vigorous and rough, she still owned a smooth claret lips.

He could be considered as lucky–even though he wasn’t–for being a werewolf, because indeed, he would be a dead meat by now due to the vampire’s thirst for blood, if his strength wasn’t enough (as a human) to fight against her extraordinary brawn. Kai exhaled for the umpteenth time as his gaze flickered over Krystal’s bruised body—the side effect of his attack just now. He bet that her ribcage cracked, as he remembered elbowing her rib harshly earlier. It wasn’t his fault, though. The werewolf only wanted to protect himself, although he knew that he should have bid his farewell to the world for killing his own girlfriend.

Fingers reaching for his temples, Kai gently his discolored skin up and down as a dreadful throb could be felt inside. Ji Hye. His girlfriend, his ex-girlfriend—who had only be with him for a short moment. Heck, even Kai hadn’t enough spending time with her. Regret was what he felt a second after Krystal pouched over him. He should be thankful, that she literally tried to end his life—because if not, Kai will never realize of everything that he had done. Sure, he will be more than glad to make Krystal’s revenge smoother by committing a suicide. However, the ranges of syllables which escaped the vampire’s lips earlier–about how they could actually bring Ji Hye back to life–halted his foolish intention, and was soon replaced by a way to bring back a soul into Ji Hye. With a swear that he will do anything (everything, even) to return the craved soul, Kai swallowed back a screaming wish to end his life, and planned to find out about a vampire’s wide knowledge. It was extremely dangerous; to know that she even managed to have a sweet taste of his blood earlier—but Kai desperately needed her presence, in order to find the way, because there was always another way in everything.

A sudden groan snapped Kai out of his thoughts as he cracked his eyes open and calmly watched the weak act of Krystal, who was trying hard to get up from the dusty bed. She flared her eyes up and intently stared towards Kai’s dark orbs, saying, “I need to finish up your blood.” Her orbs begun to be burned with delicate fire as she crumpled the sheet beneath her fists.

Kai shook his head lightly as he remained motionless in front of the vampire, flashing her an exhausted look. “I already am injured. And I believe that your ribcage are cracked as well. So for now, why don’t we both save the fight and rest for a while?” The tone which escaped his throat was low and hushed, eyelids were begging to be dropped.

Tensing her muscle—before she felt another crack beneath her flesh—Krystal eventually crouched down along with a painful hiss, frowning deeply. “I need your blood.” She could tell that the werewolf was smirking towards her vulnerable gesture, as her eyebrows were furrowed in desperation. The scarlet red orbs of hers, however, were slowly toned down as it returned into its shades of dark chocolate.

“Enough, Krystal. You are in no position to finish me off.”

“I want to ing the blood out of you! Not because of a revenge for Ji Hye—but because I’m dead hungry! Can’t you even—”

“Now that you’ve understand me! I was hungry as well when Ji Hye popped out in front of me in the woods! And how dare you questioned me for a reason of my act?!”

“Because you said that you love her! And as a man who loves his girlfriend, he wouldn’t eat her just because of a mere hunger! You are a bloody monster and—”

“A mere hunger?! So is drinking my blood for you is just a mere hunger then?! You’d mentioned that you only want my blood, not revenge! And now you are calling my entire act—that are no different to yours—as just a mere hunger?!”

Silence slapped Krystal across the face at the minute those syllables escaped Kai’s pale lips. She pressed her lips firmly as intense staring was still connected between both creatures. Her figure froze as the words begun to sink in her mind, making out its logical conclusion.

A steamed sigh made a way out of Kai’s lungs as he placed his fingers onto his temples, massaging it lightly. “It is a need, Krystal. A need. We both are unfortunate creatures who were born with uncontrollable desire. And you knew it yourself—nothing can stop us from finding the prey.” With a shut of his heavy eyelids, Kai exclaimed, unmoving from his current crouching state.

Krystal glued her lips together as her gaze trailed over Kai’s shoulders, which begun to be relaxed. In the back of her vampire mind, Krystal realized that her soul still thirsted for Kai’s blood, as she’d tasted it without bringing the sweet blood to an end. However, her intention came to a halt when her body was screaming in pain, urging Krystal to be obedient with Kai’s words, and to have a tiny rest instead. “But you knew that I wouldn’t let you off just like that. And, your blood is now in my veins, I need it to be finished.” A hushed whisper managed to blurt out of her lips, gazing exhaustedly towards the werewolf.

Weakly nodding, Kai knitted his eyebrows, irritated, as Krystal’s voice awoke him from almost falling into a slumber. “You can kill me some other time. When Ji Hye is back to life. I promise.” Even without thinking of everything that had just escaped his lips, Kai spoke up with a stifled yawn.

Slowly, the vampire returned to her laying position, and faced to the front awkwardly. A small nod was given as a response, although she noticed the tight shut of the werewolf’s eyes, which unable him to acknowledge her muted reply of his permission to murder him as soon as possible. Her head spun to the left and detected a soft sound of snore; coming from Kai’s slightly parted lips. She spotted a faint bruise, smeared his tanned flesh before Krystal eventually sat back up—somehow didn’t feel as exhausted. The werewolf’s weary position of sleep, with elbow propped up to his dropping chin and spine forming a curve downwards the gravity, was causing an unfamiliar sympathy to creep into her heart.

In gentle steps, as not to awake the worn out werewolf, Krystal proceeded towards Kai and stood firmly in front of his figure. Her memories recalled the attack which was targeted towards him earlier and automatically scanned his body, wondering for any scar. Perhaps it was due to his clothed self, that made her to unable detect any bruise, or perhaps it was because he suffered inside with unseen injury, or perhaps he actually didn’t have any bruises, scars, and any injuries, perhaps, his wolf-self had recovered it earlier when she fainted. She didn’t know. Krystal was clueless about Kai. But something was telling her that he was dying inside, slowly wilted Kai with an unknown injury.

Accompanied by a soft sigh, Krystal patted Kai’s shoulder gently, with an intention to only make him half-awake, before the latter eventually cracked his eyes, barely opened. Her slender arm slid across Kai’s figure, gripping his waist as a support as she moved forward, gesturing him to shift along. The man didn’t say anything, only mindlessly obeyed Krystal’s silent command before he felt a comfortable object beneath. In drowsiness, Kai fell into a slumber once again and let the world passed his consciousness.

Satisfied with the werewolf’s position in the bed, which replaced her spot earlier, Krystal let a light smile to curl up her lips before she strolled out of the abandoned cabin, after making sure that the door was closed securely, not wanting the cold winter air to disturb his peaceful state.

 

 

Sharp rays of sunlight pierced a pair of Kai’s dark sepia orbs as he cracked his eyes open, upon sensing a soft tingling spark, flowing in his body. Squinting slightly, he brought a palm in front of his eyes, blocking the direct way of sunlight from kept piercing on his already tanned flesh. His gaze flickered up, eventually realized a couple of figures who stood firmly in front of him. With a hoarse voice, Kai croaked out, “Who are you?”

A vampire, who had turned into a complete human form, shifted her gaze towards the werewolf along with a stoic reaction. “You are awake.” Plainly, Krystal stated before she patted another man’s back, who had his palms hung in the middle of the air, just above Kai’s body. “Meet Zhang Yixing, or Lay – a wizard.” Briefly, she introduced the man, who had his mind focused on Kai with closed eyes.

Shivers sunk into Kai’s spine as he struggled to sit up, but eventually was forced back down with an invisible vibration. His gaze trailed up to the man’s glowing face, feared with his power. “Are you trying to kill me by using a wizard now?!” His deep morning voice quickly was replaced by a loud one, as a frown crept onto his forehead.

Shaking her head lightly, with eyes glued on Lay’s smooth act, Krystal replied before she eventually stared towards the trembling Kai, cold sweats were running down on his skin. “No. Lay isn’t a wizard who kills people. Or even a werewolf. He’s a doctor.”

“There, there. I’m done. His internal bleed was quite serious, but it’s all settled now.” With glow disappearing from his face, Lay interrupted the tense conversation as he dropped his palms to his sides and spun his head around towards Krystal, flashing his dimples.

The vampire nodded in acknowledgement before she escorted the wizard towards the door, sending him back with a small smile, and waved goodbye. Her fingers then closed the door with a soft thud, as she shifted back towards Kai, who carefully was sitting up on the dusty bed, eyes watching for any sign of attack from Krystal.

“You’ve treated me.” Slowly, Kai spoke up; words sounded more like a question than a statement. His dark orbs wondered around the cabin, eventually noticed the exposed natural lights upon sliding away those thick worn-out curtains from the tiny windows. In his life as a werewolf, Kai had never let the light to spill in all over the places in his abandoned cabin, until now. The unfamiliarity, however, didn’t manage to make Kai feel uncomfortable; instead it made him felt better—like he was finally alive.

Krystal calmly stood in front of Kai, who averted his focus back to her figure. Letting her chocolate orbs to linger in his dark orbs a second longer, she responded, “It was Lay who treated you, that man earlier. Not me.” Stating an obvious reply out, Krystal then sat herself beside Kai, who was stretching in a sitting position.

The werewolf stretched out his arms, enjoying his new muscles which were obtained from the wizard earlier. “Yes, but you called him.” With a smirk, Kai exclaimed as he stared off towards the hollow of piercing light between the ragged timbers. “Why? I thought that you wanted to kill me?”

Trailing over the man’s gaze towards the hollow sunray, Krystal nonchalantly placed her palms at the sides, almost touching his, before she responded, and “I want to kill you in front of Ji Hye after we brought her back to life soon.” Her tone was plain and stoic, as if planning such murder was all too ordinary for her. “I want you die in front of a person who you’ve killed.”

Even though Kai had been dealing with that kind of situation ages before, he had to admit that Krystal’s statement stabbed his fragile heart into pieces, knowing a fact that his time had been planned precisely by the vampire. “I didn’t say that I will let you to do that though. I want to spend my time with Ji Hye as well—”

“Spending your time with Ji Hye? Like, how? How will you do that? Tell me, are you going to be lured by her scent and eat her over and over again?!” Her peaceful façade instantly was replaced by her real side – a vampire with fire flared in orbs.

A moment of tense silence engulfed the air, before Kai eventually parted his lips open, murmuring, “I won’t be lured like that again, I promise—”

“Cut that empty promises out, Kai! It really is no use! You have to accept your death at the moment Ji Hye comes back to live! Or else—”

“Stop it, Krystal! You don’t have any other assault to threaten me with! A death has already been offered by you! So what else do you—”

“Shut it, Kai! I swear that if you are not a piece of dead meat by the time Ji Hye is alive—I! I—”

“You, what, Krystal?!”

“—I won’t let her to be awakening from her death! I will not allow it! Unless if you are dead!”

As if a series of deafening vibrations went past through Kai, he motionlessly stared in disbelief towards Krystal’s trembling orbs, listening to her upcoming syllables, “Even though I want my friend to be alive so badly, I will not proceed to do it if you still have a soul inside of your body.” Her tone was slowed down as tears begun to form in her orbs. Kai threw her a startled reaction, before he squeaked, “How could you do that?”

Krystal choked back the pooling tears as she broke their eye contact, stating, “It will be useless if Ji Hye came back to life, only to be eaten by you again. There isn’t any second chance in this stuff. And once I’ve taken a desperate step, I will plan it wisely—even though it means killing you.”

Swallowed back his saliva with the tense of his muscles, Kai lowered his gaze down, and eventually asked after a long silence, “You were saying that you’ve taken the desperate step? So there is actually a way in this.” Accompanied by a mental note to be aware of Krystal’s movement all the time–as not to let himself to be killed–Kai threw his stare downwards at the dust covered floor.

“Yes. There is a way. But it is a long bloody way.”

 

 

 


A/N: Ho ho ho
I've just sent Chanyeol this picture on Instagram by direct messaging 
;3