Knock on Your Door/Heart

Knock on Your Door/Heart

Seo Joohyun frowned at the man who busy keyed at the door right beside her apartment. That was early in the morning that usually she went to her work place, a Music Course Centre where she taught classical piano.

Joohyun didn’t really know her neighbor since she felt that they were live in the different world. She bumped to him early in the morning where she would go to work and he just got back from wherever he went. And she bumped at him again at night when she was back from work and he was about going somewhere.  So she concluded that her neighbor worked at night and slept at day. She called him nocturnal. And also, their looks really different too. Joohyun was a neat and feminine person with pastel colored dresses. While his neighbor looked messy and wild with black leather jacket.

“Good morning.” Joohyun greeted. Even though their relationship wasn’t that close, at least she must be polite to him. He was her neighbor after all.

“Hi. Good morning too.” He said. Actually he was quite a nice man. He smiled at her and his eyes creased in a crescent moon shape under his long black hair.

Joohyun nodded and left him. That was the only interaction between Joohyun and her neighbor since she lived there for almost a month. She even didn’t know his name. She found that he lived there earlier than her. There was just two apartment units on the second floor. There some apartments too on the first floor but the doors were facing the other direction. So it was convenient for her to practice her piano. Well, it didn’t matter for her and he never bothered her anyway. So she just let it be.

 

***

 

That day Joohyun went home early because her private student couldn’t come to course place. Joohyun decided to went to supermarket to buy all her necessities for one month. She realized that most of her things had already ran out. So unconsciously she bought a lot of things and just realized that after she reached cashier and paid it.

It doesn’t hard for her to get to her apartment since she used taxi. Now, the problem was how she carried all these plastic bags to the second floor? She sighed and managed to carry all the bags in one hand.

“Seems that you need help for that. Give it to me.”

Joohyun looked up to find her neighbor was looking at her and her huge plastic bags. As usual, he was ready to go to somewhere. With his not so neat hair, leather jacket and guitar case. Joohyun frowned. Did he always brought guitar? Joohyun never realized this until now.

“Oh, yes please. If you don’t mind.” Joohyun said.

“No problem.” He put his guitar down and took all the plastic bags from Joohyun.

He lifted it so easily. Well, he was a man after all. Joohyun followed behind him and after they reached her apartment door, Joohyun keyed the pass code and opened the door. Her neighbor just stood there and it made Joohyun confused.

“Won’t you let me in? I’ll put these inside your apartment.” He said.

“Oh!” Joohyun gasped. “Ah, yes. Just put it there.” Joohyun pointed random place in front of the door. “I’ll manage this by myself. Thank you.”

“You are welcome.” He smiled.

Joohyun smiled back at him. Her guess was right. He was a nice man. But still, she didn’t feel comfortable enough about him inside her apartment.

“Well, I’ll going.” Her neighbor bowed a little, “See you.. erm..” He was tilted his head at her. Silently asking her name.

Joohyun understood his gesture and she answered, “Seo Joohyun.”

“Ah, right! See you, Joohyun ssi.” He said, “By the way, I’m Yonghwa. Jung Yonghwa.”

“Yes. Be careful on your way, Yonghwa ssi.”

Yonghwa nodded and left her apartment. Joohyun looked at his back until its gone from her sight. She shrugged and continued to tidy up her things. Well, at least now she knew her neighbor’s name.

 

***

 

Jung Yonghwa yawned as he keyed his passcode. His life cycle was totally change and so different from the norm. He worked at night and slept at day. Well, this was his job after all. The source of his living.

He was the vocalist and guitarist of a band called CNBLUE and this band was a regular band in one of the night club. The club’s name was Pandemonium. That was quite popular club in Seoul. Beside performing, he also DJ-ing. The night live was totally his world. Alcohols, dancing on the floor, y sultry ladies who trying to hook rich man was a usual stuffs for him. So when he met his new neighbor, he quite amaze. So, decent and proper woman was still exist in this world.

The only contact with his neighbor only a “Good morning” and a “Good evening”. Nothing more until he saw her looked trouble on carrying her plastic bags. Being a gentleman, he should help her right? So that was what he did. After that, finally he knew her name. Seo Joohyun.

Well, that was normal to know neighbor’s name. He remember that this Seo Joohyun girl already lived beside his unit quite long. a months if he wasn’t mistaken. He thought that was proper and polite enough to ask her name.

Yonghwa rubbed his sleepy eyes and tried to enter his pass code again. It seems that he entered the wrong code. The door just stayed still. Aigoo… maybe he was getting older fast because of his life style. He promised to himself to reduce his alcohol consumption and his smoking habits.

“Good morning, Yonghwa ssi.” He heard that familiar cheerful voice.

Beep! Finally he entered the right pass code. Seems her voice could freshen his dull brain.

“Good morning, Joohyun ssi.” Yonghwa answered.

“Oh! Wait here.” Joohyun said then she disappeared behind her apartment door.

Yonghwa tilted his head in confusion but he waited for her anyway.

Joohyun came back again and handed him a paper bag. “Here!” She said.

“What’s this?” Yonghwa asked bluntly.

Joohyun blushed a bit. “You help me yesterday. I think I have to give something for you as my gratitude.”

“Oh…” Yonghwa nodded. Then again he was amazed at her once again. He never knew that woman could blush cutely like that. All blushing woman that he saw was drunk and shouted nonsense things. “Thanks.” He finally said.

“I’m the one who must thank you.” Joohyun said.”Well, see you?”

“Ah, you’re going to work?” Yonghwa asked.

“Yes.”

“Oh.” Yonghwa didn’t know what to say anymore.

“Okay..” Joohyun nodded and left.

Yonghwa just nodded at her and entered his apartment. He put his guitar on one corner and took off his jacket. He checked the paper bag from Joohyun to find apples, oranges, a big carton of milk and a jar of honey.

“Well, a health freak I guess?” He chuckled and took the apple.

 

***

 

“Aish! I hate Hyoyeon eonni! Why she insist me to accompany her to go shopping?” Joohyun grumbled under her breath.

Her friend in her work place, Hyoyeon, wanted to go shopping because there was a big discount. They went after they worked and got back home late at night. Hyoyeon and Joohyun lived in the different area so they took different bus. Hyoyeon already got on her bus while Joohyun still waiting for her bus.

Joohyun wasn’t a night type person. She felt uncomfortable when she still outside when the sun had set. She took a glance at her watch, it was 10 pm. She tapped her feet impatiently. Usually there was still bus available at this time.

“Hey, pretty~” She heard a rough voice.

She shivered. Oh no. Not this!! She turned her head a little just to find a group of male approached him. There was no choice, she must run! The hell with bus! Why didn’t she took a taxi instead? Gosh! Why she was too stingy to spend her money? Now she regretted it.

Joohyun walked away with fast pace. She tried to make her distance widen with those men. She was panic and her eyes searching for taxi. Oh God! Why there was no taxi?

“Don’t be scared, girl! We’ll help you!” One of those men shouted and the rest laughed.

“Oh God!” Joohyun clasped her hand. “Please help me.”

Her eyes wildly searching for taxi. But there was none. She was too busy to look around and too frantic. She didn’t realize that she bumped to someone.

“Oh. No!” She gasped.

“What are you doing here?”

Joohyun tilted her head and she never felt this glad in her whole life. “Yonghwa ssi!!” She gasped.

“Hey, Yonghwa!” One of the man who chased Joohyun called him, “That’s ours! You search another woman.”

Yonghwa frowned. Now he realized what scene that happened right now. Then he grabbed Joohyun’s shoulder and wrapped his hand around her. Joohyun gasped and looked up at him but Yonghwa didn’t looked at her. He looked sternly at those men.

“Yah, Chansung-ah. She is my girlfriend. You play around with the wrong girl.” Yonghwa said.

Yonghwa could feel Joohyun’s body tense. He gripped her more then leaned to her ear and said, “Play along, Joohyun ssi.”

“What? You’re lying right?” Asked Chansung.

“I’m not.” Yonghwa shook his head, “May I introduce her to you, this is Joohyun, my baby girl.” He leaned to her and brushed his lips on her temple.

Joohyun gasped and blushed so hard.

“So why you let your girl alone?” Asked the other man with stylish hairdo.

“I’m about to meet her here, Taecyeon-ah. But well, I caught up with Manager Han.” Yonghwa told them lies so smoothly. “This is her first time here, so she’s kind of nervous.”

“Tsk! Better you take care of your girl well, Yonghwa-yah!” Said Chansung.

“So she won’t get bothered by you?” Yonghwa chuckled.

“That’s what I mean.” Chansung laughed.

“Nope. You must not touch her.” Yonghwa hugged Joohyun tighter.

“Arraseo!” Chansung raised his hands in surrender. “Well, I go inside then. I’ll search another woman to have fun.”

“Wise choice.” Yonghwa smiled, “Don’t let me bothered you.” Yonghwa spread his hands and let Chansung and the gang entered the club.

As those men entered the club, Joohyun sighed and covered her face with her palm.

“Oh, God..” She mumbled.

“What are you doing here?” Yonghwa asked again.

“I.. I’m waiting for the bus.” Joohyun still in daze. She was really scared and shocked! Never in her life she went home late at night again.

“Hey..” Yonghwa took a look closer at her, “Are you okay?”

“I’m scared, Yonghwa ssi. Thank you! Thank you so much! Glad that you are here.” Joohyun was almost crying.

“It’s okay, it’s okay.” Yonghwa patted her shoulder. “You are safe now.”

Joohyun nodded frantically. “By the way, why are you here?” Joohyun couldn’t help to ask. She was really curious.

“I work here.” Yonghwa pointed at the club with a huge board written “Pandemonium”

“Oh.” Joohyun nodded. Now it explain why they always bumped to each other but with different direction.

“I’ll take you home.” Said Yonghwa.

“Is that okay?” Asked Joohyun.

“You think that I will leave you alone here?”

“No.” Joohyun shook her head.

“So, come.” Yonghwa held her hands, “Don’t let go of my hand, okay?”

Joohyun nodded.

Yonghwa lead the way and got inside the club. Joohyun was shocked at the situation. Loud music blared. People danced crazily. Man and woman grinded their body in full abandon. Some of them kissing senselessly on one corner. Joohyun gripped her hand on Yonghwa arm tighter and snuggled her face to his arm, trying to block all the scenes.

Yonghwa felt her and turned at her, “You okay?” She shouted against the loud music.

Joohyun shook her head.

“My motorcycle is in basement. We’ll arrive soon.” Yonghwa shouted again as he pointed to the stair on one of the corner.

They walked as fast as they could. There just too much people and they must slipped between them. Finally, they reach the stairs. They went down and the music no longer that loud. Joohyun still clung to Yonghwa even thought they already reach the place where Yonghwa parked his motorcycle.

“Joohyun ssi.” Yonghwa called.

“Yes?”

“Erm.. I have to turn on the engine.” Yonghwa tilted his head to where Joohyun clutched her hands on him tightly.

“Oh, sorry!” Joohyun released her hands. She blushed so hard.

Yonghwa felt so amused. From now on, blushing Joohyun would be the most favorite sight for him.

“Get on.” Said Yonghwa as he handed her the helmet.

“Is it safe enough?” Joohyun asked.

“It is, Missy.” Yonghwa chuckled.

Joohyun blushed again. Somehow feeling embarrassed.

“Oh! Wait.” Yonghwa took off his jacket and gave it to Joohyun, “Wear this. It might be cold.”

“But how about you?” She asked.

“I’m already used to night air. But seems you don’t.”

Joohyun blushed. Again. How many times this guy made her blushed and shy tonight??

“Thanks.” Joohyun wore his jacket and….and it felt so….warm and…. Smells good too.

“Ready to go?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Uhm.. I wear skirt. So how..?”

“Sit sideway and hold on me.” He said, “Ah, wait. Seems it’s too high for you.” Yonghwa pulled the standard and went off from his motorcycle. Then he grabbed Joohyun waist and lifted her to the back seat.

“Omo!” Joohyun squealed at his action.

Yonghwa snickered then sat in front of her. “Hold on me.”

Joohyun put her hand around her waist. But she wasn’t really hold on him.

“Tsk! Like this, Joohyun ssi.” Said Yonghwa as he pulled her hands and made her hugged his waist tighter.

“But, Yonghwa ssi…” Joohyun whined.

“I’m afraid you’ll fall. So hold on me like this. Arraseo?”

“O-okay..” Joohyun whispered.

The motorcycle sped by with a loud roar. Joohyun instantly gripped Yonghwa’s waist even tighter. She never knew that riding motorcycle was this scary. But despite of his fear about motorcycle, there was something more that she felt deep down in her heart. Her heart tugged in a weird way. It was beating abnormally fast. All of her body felt so hot. And what was with this unpleasant feeling in her stomach? Could it be…?

 

***

 

“Ah, my head…” Joohyun groaned in her bed.

Her feeling was right. All of weird feeling yesterday was the sign of her sickness this morning. She never went out that late night and the night air make it worse. This was how her body adapt to those anomaly condition. She was a bad flu and high fever.

She tried to woke up from her bed and reached her phone. She must told her Boss that she couldn’t go to work for several days. Even though her head so dizzy, she managed to walk to her living room and grabbed her phone on the coffee table.

“Yoboseyo, Mrs. Kim.” She called her Boss. “This is Joohyun. I can’t go to work for several days.”

“Oh, what happen, Joohyun ssi?” Asked Mrs. Kim.

“I have a really bad flu. I’m so sorry.” She said as she wiped her runny nose.

“It’s okay. Hyoyeon ssi can teach your class. Get well soon.”

“Thanks, Mrs. Kim.”

Joohyun hung up the phone. She walked slowly to her balcony to get some fresh air. Maybe it will lessen her dizziness. She stepped on the balcony and found her neighbor also hung out on his own balcony beside hers. He leaned on the railing with smoke puffed from his mouth. Oh, now she knew that he was a smoker.

“Good morning…” Joohyun greeted him with nasal voice.

Yonghwa turned his head then he frowned, “Are you sick?”

“Just a little unwell.” Then she sneezed.

“Is it because last night?”

“Maybe. As you said, I’m not used to night air.” She answered and wiped he nose. “Oh, by the way, your jacket is still here. I haven’t washed it. Sorry.”

“It’s okay. Just give it to me. You don’t have to wash it.” Said Yonghwa. “Have you drink medicine?”

Seohyun sneezed and shook her head.

“Why? Have you eat breakfast?”

Seohyun coughed so hard then she shook her head again.

“Hey, you must eat and drink medicine.” Said Yonghwa concernedly.

“I have no energy. Anyway, see you. I want to sleep again.”

“Okay. Just sleep then. Get well soon.”

 

***

 

Yonghwa found himself in the porridge store. He buy four portion of chicken porridge. After that he went to pharmacy to buy flu medicine, fever patch and vitamin. On the way home, she passed minimarket and decided to stop there to buy fruits, milk and isotonic drink. When he reached Joohyun apartment’s door, he already brought four plastic bags.

He knock on her door, prayed that Joohyun already awake to open the door for him. As he waited, he looked at his things that he bought. Never in his life he really care to someone until he did all of these things.

“Who is that?” He heard Joohyun spoke behind the door.

“It’s me. Yonghwa.” He answered.

“Oh. Wait for a sec.”

Joohyun opened the door. Her face really pale and her body drenched with her sweat.

“Yes?” Joohyun asked Yonghwa.

“I bring food and medicine for you.”

“Oh…” Joohyun was amazed. “Thanks.”

“Won’t you let me in?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Oh, yes.” Joohyun stepped back and let Yonghwa entered her apartment.

“How do you feeling?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Terrible.” Joohyun answered.

“I think you need a warm bath and change into fresh clothes.”

Seohyun nodded nervously.

“And if you don’t mind, I’ll put these on the kitchen and prepare your breakfast.”

“Yes.. just put it on the kitchen. I-I’ll take a bath first.” Joohyun walked slowly to the bathroom. Even though she was really tense of Yonghwa’s presence in her apartment, she could careless about it. Her dizzy head, weak body and queasy stomach called her attention more.

“Need help?” Yonghwa asked.

“I’m okay. Thanks.” Joohyun answered then she disappear behind the bathroom door.

 

***

 

Joohyun already took a bath and change her clothes. At least she felt fresh despite her bad physical condition. When she stepped on living room. Yonghwa was already there, sat comfortably on her couch. Two big bowl of porridge, two glass of water, medicine and a cut apple was on the table.

“Oh! You’ve done?” Yonghwa said. “I’m sorry for being rude to prepare these.” Yonghwa pointed at the food on the table.

“It’s okay. I must thank you for this.” Said Joohyun then she sat beside him.

“Here.” Yonghwa took one bowl of porridge and gave it to Joohyun. “I buy two portions more for your lunch and dinner. I’ve already put it on the fridge.

“Thanks.” Joohyun accept it gratefully. To be honest, she felt hungry. So Joohyun took a spoon and ate it. “Ugh!” She groaned. It taste so bland.

“Waeyo?” Asked Yonghwa. She saw that he ate the porridge too.

“It’s bland.” She said.

“Really? This is delicious. Maybe because you have a flu. But still, you have to eat.” Said Yonghwa.

“Arraseoyo.” Joohyun obediently ate the porridge.

They ate in silence. Both didn’t know what to say. Until Joohyun started to ask question.

“By the way, is it okay for you?” She asked.

“What?”

“Stay here. I’m afraid you have something to do.”

“I work at night, Joohyun ssi.”

“I know. But I’m afraid that…”

“It’s okay. You don’t have to be worry.” Yonghwa patted her shoulder.

“Thank you very much. But why are you so kind to me?”

“Because you are my only neighbor.” Yonghwa smiled. “Oh, you’ve done eating? Now, drink the medicine.”

Yonghwa took the empty bowl on Joohyun’s lap then he brought it to the sink. He washed all the dishes and back again to the couch. That was weird. Joohyun would consider him a rude neighbor if she wasn’t sick like this. Instead, she was grateful that Yonghwa here with his comfortable manner.

“Have you drink your medicine?” Asked Yonghwa. Then suddenly he leaned on her and place his palm on her forehead. It made Seohyun blushed and skipped a beat. “Oh, you still have fever. Just rest, okay.”

Joohyun just nodded. “Well, I’ll sleep in my room.” Said Joohyun and she slowly got up from her seat. She wanted to ask him to go home if he wanted, but if she said that she looked like shoo him away. So she didn’t said anything.

To her surprise, Yonghwa followed her to her room. He watched her from the door frame. When she already buried in blanket, he approached her. He took a fever patch and stuck it on her forehead.

“It might help to reduce your fever. Have a good rest.” He said.

“Thanks.” Joohyun whispered. Her eyes felt so heavy. The effect of medicine had already work. And finally she fell in a deep sleep.

Yonghwa looked at the sleeping Joohyun. He brushed her hair gently then close the door. He decided to lay down on the couch for a while before he got back to his own apartment. But without him even realize, he too fell asleep.

 

***

 

Yonghwa woke up and he need a couple of time to recognize his surrounding. He looked around sleepily until he realized that he was in Joohyun’s apartment. He took a look at the clock. It said 2 pm. Then he opened Joohyun’s bedroom door to check on her. She still slept soundly. Yonghwa came closer and checked on her temperature. It seemed that she was no longer had fever. He felt glad.

“Yonghwa ssi?” Seohyun mumbled.

Yonghwa turned to her. “Hey, wanna have lunch? I’ll heat the porridge for you.”

For the rest of the day, Yonghwa took care of Joohyun. Even though they were together all day, they didn’t talk a lot since Joohyun always fell asleep as soon as she took the medicine. As Joohyun slept, Yonghwa stayed in her apartment in case that she need anything. He made sure that Joohyun ate dinner and drink her medicine before he went to work. After Joohyun wrapped under her blanket, Yonghwa patted her shoulder and excuse himself.

“I’ll go to work now. I’ve already saved my phone number on your phone, just call me if you need anything.” Said Yonghwa.

“It’s okay. I think I’ll be sleeping until morning.” Joohyun smiled.

“Okay, then. Get well soon. I’m going.”

“Thank you for everything. Be careful on your way.”

Yonghwa just gave a simple nod then he left.

 

***

 

Joohyun woke up that morning and felt better than yesterday. But she still weak, so she decided to take one more day off. She must thanked Hyoyeon later for took over her class and bought her something. Talking about thanked someone, she should thanked Yonghwa too. He was the one who took care of her. Her thought was cut by the knock on her door. She got up from her bed to check on her guest.

“Good morning.” Said her guest, which was her neighbor, Yonghwa.

“Oh, hi.” Joohyun smiled.

“Better?”

“Yes. Thank you. But I’m still on my day off to recover myself fully.”

“That’s good idea.” Yonghwa nodded in agreement. “By the way, I buy this on the way home.” He dangled a plastic bag.

“What’s that? Smells delicious.”

“Sandwich and French fries.” He grinned, “Let’s eat together.”

“Oh, yes. Come in.” Joohyun let Yonghwa in. Since yesterday event, Joohyun felt more comfortable around Yonghwa. She believed that Yonghwa wasn’t a bad man.

Yonghwa naturally came in and made himself comfortable on her couch. He pulled out two boxes from the plastic bag and put it on the table.

“Let’s eat!” Said Joohyun and she took one of the box. She dug in instantly and hummed in delight. “This is delicious!”

“Seems you’ve got back your appetite.” Yonghwa commented.

Seohyun smiled while munching her sandwich. After she swallowed it she looked at Yonghwa. “Yonghwa ssi. What should I do?”

“What do you mean?” Asked Yonghwa as she fed himself with French fries.

“You already taken care of me since yesterday. You also buy me breakfast this morning. What should I do to pay your kindness?”

Yonghwa shrugged, “Nothing.”

“Eh?” Joohyun tilted her head.

“You don’t have to do anything.”

“But….”

“Don’t mind it, Joohyun ssi.”

Joohyun pouted at him and Yonghwa couldn’t help to feel amused. Cute girl was rarely to be found in his work place.

“But still…”

“Hmm..” Yonghwa thought about something and an idea popped in his head, “Drop the formality.”

“Eh?”

“Call me Yonghwa-yah. That’s what I ask from you as your gratitude and I’ll call you Joohyun-ah in exchange.”

“Do we have the same age?”

“I’m 26.”

“I’m 24. So you are older than me.”

“So call me Yonghwa oppa then..”

“Yonghwa… oppa…” Joohyun tried. She blushed hearing herself calling him oppa.

“That’s good, Joohyun-ah..” Yonghwa patted her shoulder.

They chatted comfortably for the rest of the breakfast. They learn each other occupation. Where their hometown. Yonghwa from Busan and Joohyun from Jeonju. They shared their love about music, even though their genre was way different.

“So this is your piano?” Asked Yonghwa. Pointed at upright piano on the corner.

“Yes!” She beamed.

“Can you play something for me?”

“Sure!” Seohyun sat in front of her piano and started to play Beethoven Sonata Pathetique – Adagio Cantabile.

Yonghwa leaned on the couch and closed his eyes. He listened every notes that Joohyun played. It really relaxing in the middle rock genre that he usually played. He thought about playing together with her. Joohyun in piano and him in guitar. That would be great.

“Oppa, how is it?” Joohyun turned her head to saw Yonghwa’s reaction. But she only found Yonghwa who was sleeping peacefully on the couch.

Joohyun sighed and shook her head. She knew that he must be sleepy. The nocturnal indeed sleep at day.

 

***

 

Joohyun clutched a little piece of paper in her hand. She stood in front of Yonghwa’s apartment door. Usually at this time, Yonghwa was ready to go to Pandemonium. She took a deep breath then knock on his door.

“Yes?” Yonghwa called from inside.

“It’s me. Joohyun.” She answered.

“Oh. Wait.”

There’s a click sound from inside then the door opened to reveal Yonghwa with only towel in his waist, wet hair, fresh fragrance. Seemed he had just take a bath. That sight made Joohyun stunned. Oh my God. Was this a good dream? She allowed her eyes to catch a little glimpse of his toned body then looked away, but seems Yonghwa oblivious about that.      

“Just sit on the couch. I’ll be right back.” Then he dashed to his room.

Joohyun walked dreamily to the couch. She clutched her palm on her heart which beats so fast! Gosh! That was her first to see , well half-, man with her own eyes. And she thought that Yonghwa was really beautiful. Darn!

“Sorry.” Yonghwa came to her fully clothed now, ready to go. “What’s up?” He asked.

“Erm…” Joohyun still blushed. Unable to form any word.

Yonghwa smiled again at her. That blushing face of Joohyun was his favorite. But why Joohyun blushing like that? Oh, crap! He remember that he opened the door for her while he was not fully clothed.

“Oh, God. I’m sorry, Joohyun-ah.” He said regretfully.

“Ani.. ani..” Joohyun bit her lips and fanned her face.

“Hmm… want some drink?” Asked Yonghwa to lessen the awkwardness.

“Yes, please.”

Yonghwa grabbed a cold cola from her fridge and stuck it to her cheek.

“Omo!” Joohyun gasped.

“Cold enough?” He teased.

“Ah, Oppa!” She slapped his shoulder.

“Let me open it for you.” Yonghwa grabbed the can and opened the lid. He handed it to Joohyun again.

Joohyun gulped the cold cola gratefully. At least it brought her sense back again.

“So what’s up?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Ah!” Joohyun put the cola can on the table. “Here!” She handed the piece of paper that she brought.

“What’s this?” Yonghwa received it and scrutinized it.

“Mini concert ticket. I’m one of the performer there.” She answered.

“Oh, cool!!” He said excitedly. “It’s on this Sunday?”

“Yes. Please come, Oppa!” She clasped her hands.

“I’ll surely come.” Yonghwa beamed.

“Yes! Thanks, Oppa!”

“No problem.”

“By the way, you’re going to work right?”

“Oh, right! I have to go now.”

They walked outside Yonghwa’s apartment. Yonghwa carried his guitar as usual.

“I’m going now.” Said Yonghwa.

“Be careful on your way, Oppa!” Joohyun waved at him.

Yonghwa smiled and waved back at her. That was always the words that Joohyun said to him whenever he went to work. That was sweet wasn’t it? And he was getting used to this.

 

***

 

Yonghwa settled himself on his seat in the big auditorium. He wore the neatest clothes that he had since it was classic music concert, not some rock festival that he used to attend. Lucky that he had black shirt but unfortunately he didn’t have formal pants and formal shoes. So this was his clothes combination today, black shirt (he rolled the sleeves until his elbow), blue jeans and white snickers. He tried to combed his hair back so he didn’t look messy. He also brought a bouquet of sun flowers. Why sun flowers? Because he felt rose was too mainstream.

He looked at the catalogue and found that Joohyun was the seven of ten performers. Oh wow, he hoped that he didn’t fall asleep while waiting for Joohyun’s turn. He put his catalogue again and looked around. He really felt out of place. The atmosphere was so solemn. The people were so neat and proper. This was definitely awkward for him. But this was for Joohyun, she kindly invited him here. So he must appreciate her.

The light slightly dimmed. Yonghwa thought that the performance would start soon. It begin with violin performance, then flute, ensemble which include piano and violin, and so on and so forth. Yonghwa thought that he would be sleepy but apparently he enjoyed the concert. This was new things for him. He never really listened to classic music before.

Joohyun’s turn finally came. Yonghwa paid attention to her. As Joohyun went on stage, Yonghwa’s jaw dropped. Man! Joohyun was definitely gorgeous in that peach one shoulder long dress. She let her long hair fell on one of the shoulder and she wore light make up on her face. Yonghwa literally held his breath. Damn beautiful!

She looked beautiful even more when she started hit the notes gracefully. It was the song that she played for him before. Beethoven Sonata Pathetique – Adagio Cantabile. Now he managed to listened the full version. Each notes that she delivered was so touching. It really reached his heart. She was a good musician and that made Yonghwa adored her more. She was simply adorable without even trying, though.

Joohyun finished her performance and Yonghwa gave him standing ovation. “Bravo!! Bravo!!” he joined the chant heartily. It was amazing performance from the most amazing woman.

 

Yonghwa waited for her outside her waiting room. Finally, Joohyun went out. Still on her make up and her dress but she wore simple coat over it. When she saw Yonghwa, she beamed. Her neighbor surely dashing with his outfit today. Joohyun silently admitted it to her heart, that Yonghwa was totally gorgeous.

“Oppa!” She chirped.

“Hey.” Yonghwa walked to her, “Congratulation. That was awesome performance.” He handed her the sun flower bouquet.

“Thank you, Oppa!” She hugged the bouquet. “It’s so beautiful.”

“Just like you.” It escapes his mouth just like that.

Joohyun bit her lips and blushed. “That’s sweet.” She whispered.

Yonghwa smiled at her. Without him even knowing, his fingers already touched her blushing chubby cheeks. As his fingers touched her skin, Joohyun felt some kind of electricity jolted through her body. She gasped and her heart beats so fast.

As for Yonghwa, adrenaline rushed all over her system. Her skin was so smooth under his rough finger tips. Just like velvet. He really wanted to do this forever, explored her skin with his touch.

“O-oppa?” She stuttered.

It woke the dazed Yonghwa. He pulled his hands almost immediately. “Sorry.” He coughed awkwardly.

“I-it’s okay.” Joohyun bent her head low to hide her even redder cheek. Actually, it was more than okay. Damn! She enjoyed his touch too.

“By the way, have you eaten lunch?” Asked Yonghwa to broke this awkward atmosphere.

“Not yet.” Joohyun shyly answered.

“So let’s go?”

 

They had lunch on the nearby Italian restaurant. Yonghwa ate his pasta in full speed. Joohyun just chuckled at him.

“Seems you are really hungry.” Said Joohyun.

“You don’t have idea.” Yonghwa slurped his pasta so fast until he coughed.

“Be careful, Oppa.” Joohyun offered him a glass of water which he accepted gratefully.

“Thanks.” Yonghwa scooped his last spoon of pasta. He gulped a water and patted his tummy. “Man, this is delicious!”

“I’m not sure that this pasta is too delicious or it just you who is too hungry.” Joohyun chuckled.

“I think it’s both.” He smirked. “Oh!” Yonghwa suddenly gasped.

“What?”

“I have an idea.”

“Which is?”

“I have watched your performance and I want you to watch mine. What do you think?”

“What?! Watch your performance.. in Pandemonium?” Joohyun asked hesitantly.

Yonghwa nodded excitedly.

“But, Oppa. I don’t do night life and night club.” Joohyun frowned.

“I don’t do day life and solemn classical concert hall too. But I do it for you.” Yonghwa tried to persuade her.

“Oppa but..”

“Please? Pretty please?” Yonghwa clasped his hands. He pleaded to her in his kind of cute way.

Joohyun sighed. “Arraseo.”

“Yay! Thank you.” Yonghwa beamed, “And don’t worry. You’ll be safe. Do you remember when you get bothered by a group of men and I said that you are my girlfriend?”

How came she would forget that? When he surprisingly declared that she was his girlfriend and kissed her temple all of sudden. Even though that was just an act, she felt so nervous back then. Joohyun nodded at him, confirmed that she remember it.

“Well, it kind of spreading in Pandemonium.” Yonghwa scratched the back of his neck. “Everybody say that the girl named Joohyun is Jung Yonghwa’s girlfriend.”

“Omo! Eottohkae?” Joohyun gasped.

“I’m so sorry.” Yonghwa said sincerely.

“It’s okay, Oppa. You don’t have to be sorry.” Joohyun felt her face getting hot.

“But it will give you benefit. If all the people know you as my girlfriend, they won’t bother you.”

“Seems you are famous in Pandemonium.” Joohyun chuckled.

“I work there. I’m a regular performer and DJ. Of course, I’m famous. Everybody knows me.” He boasted.

Joohyun just shook her head.

“So?” Yonghwa asked for her confirmation.

“So what?” Joohyun raised her brow.

“You’ll come?”

“I’ve already said yes, Oppa!”

“Okay. Just to make sure.” Yonghwa grinned so wide. You didn’t know how happy he was.

 

***

 

“Oppa.. really.. I’m afraid.” Joohyun snuggled to his arm and clung to him.

“Relax, Joohyun.” Said Yonghwa.

“Where are we going?” Joohyun asked.

“We’ll go to the bar. You’ll sit there while I’m performing.”

“You’ll leave me alone?” She gasped in horror.

Yes. Now they were in Pandemonium. After they went home first and changed clothes they went there straightaway. Loud music. Dimmed light. Careless men and women swayed their body on the dance floor. Alcohols in each hands. Smoke puffed all around the room. This was definitely not her element.

“Oh, wow! What we get here?” The tall man with dark brown short hair shouted from the bar.

“What?” Yonghwa shouted back at him.

“So this is the famous Joohyun?” He asked again.

Joohyun looked at him. He knew her?

“Shut up, Jungshin-ah!” Said Yonghwa. “Come, Joohyun. Don’t be afraid. He is my band mate.” Yonghwa whispered to Joohyun.

“Ew! PDA!” The other guy with a cute eye smile commented.

“Minhyuk-ah!” Yonghwa warned.

The one with fair complexion and long brown hair just shook his head while sipped his alcohol.

“Well, let me introduce her, gents. This is Seo Joohyun.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun smiled nervously and bowed.

“This is Jungshin, Minhyuk and Jonghyun. They are my band mates.” Said Yonghwa.

“I am Seo Joohyun. Nice to meet you.” Joohyun bowed, but hands still clung on Yonghwa.

“Aww.. why are you so sweet?” Jungshin groaned. “Just date for real already!”

Joohyun blushed and looked at Yonghwa.

“My band mates know the real story.” Yonghwa explained.

“Okay then. Let’s go?” Said Jonghyun.

Joohyun looked around and became frantic. “Where are you going?”

“We’ll go performing, Joohyun-ah.” Yonghwa answered.

“But you can’t leave me, Oppa! I’m scared.” Joohyun pulled Yonghwa’s hand.

“Relax.” Yonghwa guided her to sit on one of the chair in front of the bar. Then he called someone, “Joon hyung!”

The handsome bartender looked at him, “What’s up, Yong?”

“Please take care of my girlfriend well, okay? Don’t let any man bother her. Just say that she is mine.”

Joon laughed hard, “Arraseo! I’ll protect her for you, Rascal!”

“Joohyun, this is Lee Joon. Don’t worry. He is my friend too.” Said Yonghwa to Joohyun.

“Anyeong haseyo, Lee Joon ssi. Joohyun ibnida.” Joohyun bowed nervously.

“Okay. Now sit here and watch me.” Said Yonghwa, “And order any drink you want. It’s my treat.”

“But I don’t drink alcohol.” Said Joohyun.

“Joon hyung can manage that.”

“What?” Asked Joon.

“She doesn’t drink alcohol.” Said Yonghwa to Joon.

“Oh. I have delicious fruit punch for you, Lady!” Said Joon.

“Thank you.” Said Joohyun.

“I’m going, okay?” Said Yonghwa to Joohyun.

Joohyun just smiled and nodded. She watched his back as he walked to the stage. Then he looked around anxiously. She really felt out of place. She shouldn’t be here. She wouldn’t be here if Yonghwa didn’t insist. Oh, well. He said everything would be okay. She had his number. She could call him if something happened.

“Here you go, Miss.” Joon handed her the fruit punch.

“Thanks.” Said Joohyun. She took a sip at her drink and yes, the fruit punch was really delicious.

“Good night, everyone!” Yonghwa’s voice was heard all over the club. “CNBLUE will rock the stage!! Are you ready??!!”

Electric guitar intro was heard and everybody jumped and swayed to the music. The music was loud and powerful. Joohyun’s ears didn’t used to listen this kind of song. When she heard Yonghwa sang, she couldn’t help to amaze. He had a really great voice. Not only good voice, he sang each song with deep emotion.

Yonghwa really attractive on stage. He banged his head through the beat and strummed his guitar expertly. All the crowd cheered and enjoy the rocking atmosphere. This was awesome, Joohyun thought in her mind. Unconsciously her feet tapped into the beat.

Then, Yonghwa looked at Joohyun’s direction. Their gaze met and they just looking at each other. Joohyun waved at him and smiled. Yonghwa called her to come closer by his hand’s gesture. Joohyun shook her head. Yonghwa pouted at her response.

“Just go there, Joohyun ssi.” Said Joon the bartender.

“Ah. Aniyo. It’s so crowded there. I’m afraid.” Joohyun answered.

“You don’t think about his request?” Asked Joon. “I know Yonghwa want you there and enjoy the music that he presented.”

“I think.. I think just to watch him from here is enough.” Joohyun answered.

“If you say so.” Joon just shrugged. That wasn’t his right to force her anyway.

 CNBLUE’s performance came to an end. Everyone clapped and shouted at their great performance. All the member waved then went off the stage. Yonghwa walked faster than Jungshin, Minhyuk and Jonghyun to approach Joohyun.

“Hey, how is it?” Yonghwa asked excitedly.

“It’s great, Oppa! Jjang!” Joohyun raised two thumbs up.

Yonghwa grinned so wide until his cheek bone burst. Joon chuckled at Yonghwa’s reaction. As long as he knew Yonghwa, never he saw Yonghwa that giddy.

“It’s almost midnight. Do you want to go home?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Yes please, Oppa.” Said Joohyun gratefully.

“Okay, we just take taxi. I’m afraid you will catch a cold again.” Said Yonghwa.

“But your motorbike?” Asked Joohyun.

“I just leave it here.” Yonghwa answered, “Jungshin-ah!” He called.

“What, Hyung?” Jungshin answered.

“Please replace me for DJ tonight.” Yonghwa grinned at him.

Jungshin scoffed.

“Pretty please, Jungshinnie?” Yonghwa pleaded and hook his arm around his shoulder. “I’ll treat you delicious food. How?”

“Arraseo!” Finally Jungshin agreed.

“You are my favorite dongsaeng, Jungshin-ah. I love you.” Said Yonghwa as he hit Jungshin’s back.

“Please, Hyung.” Jungshin just rolled his eyes. “Are you sure you are not dating her?”

Yonghwa shrugged, “What are you talking about?”

Jungshin stuck his tongue at him then went to the DJ table right on the stage.

“Aish, Jashik!” Yonghwa commented. Then he turned to Joohyun, “Ready to go?”

“Yes.” Joohyun answered.

“Ah, wait.” Yonghwa took off his jacket and put it on Joohyun’s shoulder. “It must be cold outside.”

“Oh my God? What did I just saw??” Minhyuk choked on his beer.

“Hyung, you really kidding us.” Jonghyun commented.

Yonghwa just raised his brows. Joohyun as usual, blushed hard.

“So see you, Guys!” Said Yonghwa. “Joon hyung, thanks!”

“See you.” Joohyun said softly then bowed at them.

They walked away from the bar with Jonghyun and Minhyuk teasing them.

“Don’t listen to them. They just being playful as they are.” Said Yonghwa to Joohyun.

“It’s okay. It’s kind of fun.” Joohyun chuckled. “Oh look! There’s still food merchant at this hour?”

“Yes, there is.” Yonghwa shrugged.

“Wah, it’s interesting.”

Yonghwa laughed, “It just ordinary for me, Joohyun-ah. Want to take a look and buy something? The ddukbokki is really delicious here.”

“Yes!!” Joohyun nodded excitedly.

They went to one of the ddukbokki seller and bought one big portion. They ate and chatted happily.

“This is my first time.” Said Joohyun.

“You never eat ddukbokki in the middle of the night?” Asked Yonghwa playfully.

“Ani.” Joohyun shook her head then ate a spoonful of ddukbokki. “So it’s really weird. I just sleep at the time like this.”

“Night is still young, Joohyun-ah..”

“For nocturnal like you!”

Yonghwa laughed, “So what are you? Diurnal?”

“Sort of.” Joohyun shrugged.

After they finished their meal, they decided to went home. Joohyun said that she already sleepy. Actually Yonghwa wanted to take Joohyun walked around. But saw her sleepy eyes like this, he had no heart to continue their night out.

They ride the taxi to their apartment. They just silent and didn’t say anything. Joohyun was too sleepy to make any conversation. Yonghwa too just looked out the window. Suddenly, Yonghwa felt a weight on his shoulder. When he took a glance, he saw Joohyun sleeping on his shoulder. Yonghwa smiled and brushed her hair.

“Sleep tight, Joohyun-ah.” He whispered.

 

Joohyun felt a light tap on her shoulder. She groaned. She still sleepy but why she got bothered?

“Joohyun-ah. We’ve arrived.” Yonghwa whispered.

“Huh?” Joohyun slowly gained her consciousness.

“We’ve arrived. Just wake up for a bit.”

Joohyun rubbed her eyes. Now, she fully awake.

“Sorry.” Said Yonghwa apologetically.

“It’s okay.” Joohyun covered her yawn with her palm.

They got off from taxi and went up stairs to their apartment. They already in front of their door. Yonghwa waited for Joohyun to entered her own unit.

“Get in first.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun smiled, “Thank you for today, Oppa.”

“Yes. Thank you too.” Yonghwa shoved his hands to his pocket. “It’s really fun.”

“Yes.” Joohyun blushed.

They just stood on their spot. Unwilling to leave.

“Joohyun-ah.”

“Yonghwa Oppa.”

They called each other name at the same time. They chuckled foolishly.

“You first.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ehm..” Joohyun tucked her hair behind her ear shyly. “Just want to say good night.”

“Ah, right.” Yonghwa bit his lips. Somehow he felt nervous. “Joohyun-ah..”

“Yes..” Joohyun looked at Yonghwa.

Yonghwa walked closer to Joohyun. He raised his hands and touched her chin gently. Slowly.. and slowly… Yonghwa leaned on her and gave a soft kiss on her blushing cheek. He drew himself from her and smiled so wide.

“Good night.” He whispered.

Joohyun stunned. Her heart beats so crazy. Her body became hot in instance. “Good night.” Joohyun bit her lips and waved a little to Yonghwa before he shut the door behind her.

“Oh my God!!!!!!” She squealed. Touched her cheek where Yonghwa kissed her and giggled crazily.

On the other hand, Yonghwa grinned so wide and jumped excitedly before keyed his apartment passscode.

 

***

 

This morning seems so brighter in Seo joohyun point of view. Even though her sleep hour decrease compared with she used to, she felt so energized. She hummed happily while she prepared herself for going to work. She dabbed compact powder on her cheek, then again.. she remember Yonghwa’s kiss.

“Kyaaaa!!!!” She squealed again like a love sick teenager.

After several minutes dazed out, she got her sense back then grabbed her bag. She was wearing her shoes when a knock heard on the door.

“Coming..” She answered.

Joohyun opened the door to reveal Yonghwa who is standing in front of her door. He looked so fresh and handsome.

“Oh, Good morning, Oppa!” She blushed.

“Good morning.” He smiled. “Ready to go?”

“Ah.. yes.” Joohyun stepped out from her apartment and locked the door. “What’s up, Oppa?”

“I’ll take you to your work place.” Yonghwa said.

“Ne?” Joohyun stunned.

“You heard me.” Yonghwa smiled. Then he spread his hands towards her.

Joohyun took his hand shyly then Yonghwa intertwined their hands. Walking hand in hand in a matching pace.

From now on… everything wouldn’t be the same.

 

I knock on your door.. then finally I reach your heart.

 

END

 


 

Hi! this is meluvyuya~

just taking a break by writting oneshot which the idea suddenly pop out!

still have to write Love is... last chapter and BF/LF prologue..

for you who waiting for that. please be kind to me and wait patiently. fufufufu *shameless author*

i have trivia quiz..

1. can you tell from which movie i take "Pandemonium" as the name for the night club where yong work?

2. Yong give hyun sun flower bouquet after her concert. can you tell what drama that inspires me about that sun flower bouquet?

hehe. give comment if you know the answer.

okay. this is all from me.

see you around! ^^