Epilogue

Birthdays

Epilogue

 

Things for the two of us have always been hard, but getting through it all was the best part in the end. Basically, for the longest time, Mina and I were idiotically in love. Crazy thing for two teenagers to be saying at the time, but what can you say if we've worked out for over 8 years now? Nothing, because we’re awesome and I'm going to propose.

 

She probably has seen it coming.

 

We've been together for so long, okay, I'm predictable now.

 

Her reaction was great though, and she did this thing--

 

Okay, wait. Getting ahead of myself.

 

Basically, I proposed to Mina during a party - a hanbok party that her aunt throws pretty often, and this year I was invited. She wore this beautiful, black and pink hanbok with pretty patterns, braiding her hair in a French braiding and putting a hair pin in the middle. I wore a traditional blue and black one (I mean I can't match a black and pink one). Her mom was of course in on the surprise, and I asked her in front of all of her family members - since the party was also like a reunion.

 

And so, she said no.

 

Haha, yeah. She said no.

 

But then she said yes.

 

Ha, gotcha.

 

Mina said no, and before I started crying, she started crying and kept saying no and then yes yes yes, which was even more confusing. She put on the ring, and people told her to sit down and and she started crying some more and I began to think I made a terrible mistake until she started laughing. I started to think she was crazy until she grabbed my hands, laughing and crying and then putting my hands over her stomach.

 

Oh.

 

Yeah, I'm a dad.

 

Twins.

 

Wonder how that's gonna be?

 

--- ----

 

It's hectic.

 

“Haru, stop pulling his hair, Kai, stop pulling her hair!” Mina yells.

 

She's beautiful as always, washing crayon off the walls as our four year olds go at it, ripping each other’s hairs off and throwing plastic Legos at each other. I have a beautiful family, and hopefully they stay beautiful.

 

“Let's not pull at each other's hair” I say soothingly, putting plastic combs in their hands, “let's comb, it's really fun. Look--”

 

The two copy me - Haru doing as I say and running the comb through Kai’s hair and her brother doing the same.

 

Later that night, we put the two to sleep, going out in the backyard, on the porch, and I pull out the small cake and light it up. Mina’s thirty second birthday, and we nearly missed it with everything going on - the twins were going to preschool soon. She leaned into me as she blows out the candles and I kiss her on the forehead.

 

“Birthdays” she sighs, “what's and us and birthdays?”

 

“I dunno” I say the icing, “but it'd make for an awesome story for the twins.”

 

“What do you think of it? Being a dad?”

 

“I love it” I laugh, “despite the crayon phase, I have a beautiful family, and I don't think I would trade it for the world.”

 

“What about a beautiful-er family?” She bats her eyelashes.  

 

“No way” I grin.

 

She nods and I lift her up and spin her around.

 

It's always been Mina - I think. Nobody can really compare to her, and maybe we really do have a picture perfect relationship. A type that nobody else would ever have, and I'm totally okay with it because I am head over heels for her.

 

“I'm so glad I met you” I say, because I mean it.

 

“You mean you're so glad that you tried stealing from a girl? You're so glad that we became friends because you punched that stupid metal fence?” She asks, exasperated.

 

I laughed, “I'm glad that I met the amazing girl that became best friends with a girl she had a fist fight with. The girl I fell in love with when I was 10. The amazing girl that had grown up and gained confidence in herself along the way and did what she wanted to do. I love you, Mina.”

 

“And I love you” she adds with a grin, “the guy who helped me with self confidence and made me the person I am today. Had my back all the time, and showed me that I can totally achieve my dreams no matter what anyone said. I was able to do so many extraordinary things in my life because of you. Thank you.”


“The adventures of us continue”

 


 

A/N

First of all, I would like to apologize. 

*bows* 

If anyone is subscribed to my other stories you would know I as updating, and I'm just starting to update my other stories and I'm sorry it is taking so long for that to happen :(

I started so many stories I was planning to abandon this completely, but I promise I'll get to updating ASAP. 

As for this story I'm REAAALLLY sorry I took soooo long. This is one of my first stories and I failed completely lol. I'm sorry for the people who liked it before with the 2 epilogues and the bonuses, but then I got writers block and started realizing that the more I wrote, the more depressing everything got. 

So, I hope everyone likes the clean up on it, and I'm sorry if you liked it before. 

I . 

Sorry. 

Hope you like though.

--Author Meg--