This is Sinking

Truth or Dare?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Irene knows she should ask if this is just a one-night-stand sort of thing when Seulgi slips beneath the sheets of her bed the next night and snuggles against Irene’s turned back like it’s second nature, but she doesn’t. It’s 11:11pm according to the blinking alarm clock on the nightstand winking at her, and Irene can’t think of a wish to make because the only one she’s ever made in her life has just come true. And Irene’s not sure if the words stick to the inside of and the roof of only because of the way their bodies are perfect for each other when Seulgi snuggles into the crook of her neck or because she doesn’t know if this is the first or last time this will happen between the two of them and she doesn’t want this to end.

 

 

 

    So instead she just settles for listening to the sound of Seulgi breathing and Seulgi’s steady heart beat while she tries to control hers in vain as it gallops ahead of her lungs and makes her struggle to breathe in Seulgi’s scent. Simple touches from the orange ombré haired girl had begun to drive her absolutely insane - even with the slightest of taps from the young girl she would remember those fingers tracing circles into the exposed skin of her lower back just before unclasping her bra, or she would remember how those dark eyes would cut through her and tear holes into her soul, and she would have the urge to shudder. This instance was no exception. Seulgi’s hand had come snaking over her and settled fingers that feel like fire on the part of her shirt that was riding up, hungrily drinking in the soft skin of Irene’s side. 

 

 

 

    It had only been the day before when they’d been tangled together beneath Seulgi’s sheets, their limbs intertwined like the invisible roots of trees hidden from view underneath the soil of the earth. And now they were under Irene’s. Irene closes her eyes and tries to make the memories disappear by staring hard at the blank wall in front of her through the darkness. After Joy and Wendy settled in next to the pair on the couch, Irene had made something up about having to do research for an upcoming term paper in her AP Music Theory class and got up, fumbling for her car keys and jacket while Seulgi watched her from the couch. The orange ombré haired girl rubbed her fingertips together slowly as she studied Irene’s frantic attempt to escape, remembering the sensation of velvet skin beneath her fingers. But Irene hadn’t thought of that, hadn’t thought of what Seulgi was feeling or thinking, all she knew was that she had to get out of that apartment to think. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter