Even Dragons Get Scared

Even Dragons Get Scared

Baekhyun was observant despite what some people thought. He had spent enough time around his fellow EXO members that he knew exactly what they were like which is why he noticed when Kris started acting weird. His constant stream of shut ups and talk about how something ‘wasn’t his style’ was almost non-existent. It was strange and completely out of character.

Baekhyun wondered briefly if Suho had said something stupid or if Tao was ignoring his favourite gege after he refused to buy the Gucci bag the panda so desperately wanted. It could’ve been anything really; he was the leader of EXO-M after all. “Hyung, are you alright?” he asked quietly as they got into the car which would take them to their destination. Kris merely responded with a grunt and an obvious eye roll. Baekhyun sassed him back of course.

It wasn’t until later when they were on stage, everyone smiling and performing that began to worry for his hyung again. Kris was smiling but it was small and there was a wistful look in his eyes. Moving his microphone from his mouth he approached Kris. “Hyung…” he said going for a hug. Kris willingly hugged back, patting him lightly on the back.

“I’m Sorry”

That was all Kris said before he pulled away and turned to the audience a wide, forced smile on his face.
It wasn’t until months later he found out why his hyung was sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris was fine. Seriously, he was but judging from the looks Baekhyun kept giving him his attempt to convince his fellow members and himself that he was fine was not working. He just had a lot on his mind and Suho’s constant nagging wasn’t helping (neither was Tao’s but at least he can pawn him off to someone else) so yeah, he was a little tired. They all were though, it wasn’t just him being overworked heck, Kai was falling asleep where he stood.

He gave a small sigh and ran his hand through his hair, forcing a smile to Baekhyun to try and appease his dongsaeng. He had told no one of what he planned to do and the guilt was beginning to consume him, dark thoughts creeping into his mind. “Hyung, are you alright?” he heard Baekhyun ask as they got into the car. No. He wasn’t okay but he couldn’t say that so he merely grunted and rolled his eyes. Baekhyun got a hit in the arm for the sass.

He felt happy. He was on stage, performing with the 11 men who were his brothers in all but blood but he just couldn’t bring himself to smile, thoughts of betrayal and hatred devouring what little happiness existed in his life at the time. He glanced at the others. They were all having fun; he seemed to be the only one who wasn’t. “Hyung…” he looks at Baekhyun to see him going for a hug and quickly hugs him back.

“I’m Sorry”

He murmurs it quietly into his ear before pulling away and turning to the audience, a forced smile on his face.
He was sorry. He was so sorry for leaving his brothers like that, without telling them but even dragons get scared sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's it... Just a short little one-shot thing... Don't hit me ~hides~