Chapter I

Only You

I


Do you know that moment when you can’t control your heart beats? Our main character, Tiffany Hwang, is passing for it right now. She is sitting in one of the back seats of the silver van, wearing some jeans, a pink-blue sweater and high heels of the same color as the shirt, listening to a haphazard song. Her black-coffee hair is long and curly, and, even if the music is filling her ears, she can’t concentrate in the lyrics. Her hands are shaking, as if she was in the middle of a snow storm.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Seohyun asked, finally noticing the cold expression in the friend’s face.

Tiffany shook her head, taking the earphones off and turning at the youngest.

“Did you say something?” she inquired.

Seohyun chuckled.

“You are distracted today” she commented, staring worriedly at the eldest.

“I am fine, Seo” Tiffany smiled, cutting the song off.

But her phrase wasn’t enough to convince the Girls’ Generation’s baby.

“Is it because you are going to meet Taecyeon oppa?” she asked.

The famous korean show, Strong Heart, had returned and, to celebrate it, they decided to make something special, inviting all the idols that had their comebacks in September to participate. TTS, 2PM, BIGBANG, SISTAR, Super Junior and Orange Caramel were the guests.

Tiffany gulped, saving the phone on her purse.

“Why do you think that?” she questioned back, trying to hide her anxiety.

Seohyun continued staring at her. She felt bad for all the pain her unnie had to go through, especially when it comes to relationships.

“I don’t know… You never get that nervous when you are going to meet Nichkhun oppa” she shrugged her shoulders.

“I-I am not nervous, Seohyun. I’ve just missed Khun” Tiffany lied, sitting properly.

Seohyun sighed heavily.

“Until when will you pretend? We already know what is going on with your heart. Why is so hard for you to admit it? At least for us, your members” she inquired.

Tiffany rested her head on the window’s glass, observing the beautiful view outside.

“What do you want me to say? Nichkhun is an amazing boyfriend. He is caring, lovely, romantic and gentle. He is exactly like the Disney prince I’ve always dreamed about” a sigh came out of .

“Sometimes we don’t like who we should” Seohyun commented smartly, touching the friend’s hand.

Tiffany turned at her with trembling pupils.

“W-What do you mean?” she asked, trying to understand.

Seohyun smiled with her innocence.

“I mean that you know Nichkhun is what every girl wants but, once in a while, we get trolled by our feelings. He is perfect, but maybe not for you” she explained sincerely.

“I am sure this is not my case, Seo” she replied shortly.

“No?” Seohyun crossed her arms on the chest “So what about Taecyeon oppa? Huh?” she raised an eyebrow victoriously.

Tiffany snorted, wanting to avoid the image of that certain boy on her mind. She knew she would unconsciously smile when picturing him and this wasn’t the moment to play the fool in love. Not in front of her maknae.

“He is just a friend, Seo” she spoke coldly, scared of her own words.

“Yes, unnie, and I was born yesterday” Seohyun teased sarcastically “It’s so obvious that you have something for him” she informed.

Tiffany sighed heavily.

In 2006, when she was a trainee, she met JYP’s trainee, Ok Taecyeon. Since then, both of them became great friends, who would support each other, until they debuted and also after that. With time, Tiffany came to realize that what she felt for him was stronger than it should be. The problem was that he didn’t seem to be the same as her. He would always talk to her about Yoona, Girls’ Generation’s visual and his celebrity crush, and this would hurt Tiffany.

That was when Nichkhun arrived. As soon as he met the american, he fell for her. He putted all his efforts to approach her and, when he achieved it, he asked her to be his girlfriend. She accepted, in an attempt to forget about the best friend, but it didn’t happen. Her only escape was pushing him away from her, not replying to his calls or texts and never searching for him anymore.

Now, it will be the first time they will see each other after three years, and she is afraid of how it can be.

“You are wrong” she gulped, opening the door when the vehicle stopped “This subject is over. Wake Taeyeon up and let’s go before we get late” she ordered, stepping out and covering herself with an umbrella.

It was drizzling and the sky was grey. Some fans were there and she smiled sympathetically at them. After identifying herself to the porter, she managed to do her way towards the resting room, where the other artists were. She entered the lift quickly, pressing the third floor’s button. The little box didn’t take too long to arrive and, when she turned around to exit, she bumped on someone.

“Mianhae” she apologized, looking up to see who it was.

Suddenly, her ground faded away.

“Fany-ah?” Taecyeon stared at her with a mist of curiosity and shock.

Tiffany had changed a lot since they last met. Her body had become defined; her skin was white as milk, soft and smooth as cotton; her face was prettier than ever, like a doll’s one. She was completely stunning and it didn’t surprise him when his jaw fell on the floor.

She stepped backwards, her eyes widened.

“Taecyeon?” she mumbled, not believing in that coincidence.

For some reason, the fear of receiving a rude treatment from him filled her. She thought he should be mad at her after those years without talking but, instead, he smiled. It was a real smile, full of emotions and, before she could move, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her into his embrace.

“I missed you so much, my shorty” he whispered close to her ear.

Tiffany’s heart jumped madly. It was so strong that even Taecyeon sensed it. He furrowed his eyebrows, not understanding that reaction.

“Fany-ah!” someone shouted behind them.

She severed from him quickly, recognizing Nichkhun’s voice. The boy was smiling childishly, running towards her. She did the same, throwing herself on him. Taecyeon didn’t know why but he felt disappointed that his friend was the one who caused that rush inside her chest.

“My pretty girl” Nichkhun spoke with difficult, smelling the vanilla aroma of her hair.

Tiffany smiled warmly. He was the only person who would call her with cute nicknames and this made her extremely glad. Every woman likes to be complimented.

“I missed you, my prince” she hissed, parting from him.

Another smile came from him and he touched her chin, caressing her cheek with his thumb.

“Wow…” he exclaimed lowly, examining every part of her face “You are so… Beautiful” he commented, gluing their lips gently.

She held the back of his neck, replying to his action. Her eyes started closing slowly but, when she heard a noise, she opened them instantly.

“Sorry, we didn’t mean to disturb” Taeyeon chuckled dorky, passing by them whistling.

The couple broke the kiss, blushing slightly. Seohyun sighed sadly, shaking her head in disapprobation. Tiffany gulped guilty, diverting her gaze to the other man standing there. He seemed hurt.

“Come on, Fany. They are waiting for us” Nichkhun informed, pecking her lips before holding her hand and turning around, following the two girls.

She nodded, obeying him. Her eyes stole a glance at Taecyeon and, just like she expected, he was also walking with them, but in the back. He had his hands rested on the jacket’s pockets, with some jeans, boots and a black shirt. He was looking extremely handsome, and Tiffany had to force herself to stare straight again, so she could not think about those kind of things, especially standing beside her boyfriend.

“Did you have a good time while I was gone?” Nichkhun inquired, passing an arm around her waist.

“Yeah, it was great. I just worked, you know, nothing in special but still…” she smiled weakly, trying to contain the insane need of turning backwards once again.

“That’s great” he showed her a smile, entering the room in the end of the corridor “Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you the amazing Stephanie Hwang, the prettiest american girl in this part of the Asia and in the whole world!” he exclaimed playfully, pointing at the girlfriend.

She chuckled shyly, bowing politely at the people.

“Yah, Nichkhun. You better don’t act too flirty next to her, huh?” Siwon teased, sitting on a couch.

They laughed, while some greetings started. It didn’t take a lot until Dongwook and Seunggi, the hosts, started telling them what would happen in that show. As soon as everything was settled down, they got ready to go on stage.

The interview was very funny and cool, just like they expected. Everyone spoke and everyone made fun of the other, what was completely different of the formal shows.

“Unnies!” Seohyun approached them as soon as they left the cameras and were going towards the dressing room.

The two turned at her with questioning looks, indicating her to continue her phrase.

“Leeteuk oppa invited us to go with the guys to a restaurant, next to here. Do you want?” she asked excitedly.

“Sure” Tiffany replied rapidly, smiling at the maknae, who couldn’t help but giggle “What about you, Taengo?” she stared at the leader.

Taeyeon thought for a while but ended up nodding.

“It’s going to be fun spending some time with them” she assured, rubbing her hands like a maniac.

Seohyun jumped of happiness. She missed going out with her sunbaenims.

“Arasso, so let’s go!” she exclaimed, grabbing their hands and pulling them towards the exit door.

“Aigoo, calm down” Tiffany stopped, freeing herself “I must say goodbye to Nichkhun” she informed, pointing towards the place where 2PM was.

Taeyeon smirked maliciously.

“We will be waiting for you in the car” she winked before finally leaving.

“Unnie…” Seohyun called, and Tiffany looked at her curiously “Follow your heart” she smiled honestly, doing the same as the eldest.

Tiffany stood still for a while. She snorted, stepping hardly on the floor. She continued her path until the view of Wooyoung was in front of her.

“Guess who decided to join us!” he yelled, opening his arms.

She chuckled, waving at all of them.

“I came here because I must go now” she informed, getting closer to her boyfriend.

Nichkhun pouted cutely, passing an arm around her waist.

“Already? Don’t you want to stay and then I can take you home later?” he inquired, kissing the corner of softly.

She shook the head immediately.

“Aniyo, it’s okay, oppa. Perhaps, Sooman sanjangnim would get really angry if I didn’t arrive with the rest” she bit her lower lip, feeling guilty because of the lie she was creating.

He nodded innocently, sighing in disappointment.  

“Alright then… I guess it’s bye for now” he stared at her deeply.

She smiled, grabbing his collar and pecking his lips quickly.

“I will call you tomorrow, okay? Maybe we can catch up for something” she suggested, getting ready to leave.

He also smiled, agreeing with her.

“Sounds great. I will be waiting” he winked funnily.

She laughed, saying a goodbye to all of them, especially him, before deciding to go. While she passed through the corridor, she felt her heart pounding. Was God so unfair with her that he wouldn’t even allow her to be happy with whoever she wanted to? In that moment, she had chosen Nichkhun, and she was sure that he was the right one for her. But why couldn’t her soul do the same? Why did she have to fight with something that wasn’t even concrete?

“Tiffany, wait!” a shout caused her to stop and look backwards.

And, once again, she felt breathless, observing Taecyeon approaching her. He finished his walk some centimeters away from her, resting his hands on the knees.

“W-What do you want?” she stammered, scared of having a conversation alone with him.

He looked up confusedly. That wasn’t the kind of question that Tiffany would do; no way.

“What’s wrong with you?” he inquired, standing properly “What have I done?” he continued his interrogation, curious to know why she had to treat him so badly and so suddenly.

She didn’t reply him. Honestly, she was asking herself the same thing. Being in love with him wasn’t a reason enough to break their friendship, just like she did.

“Is that what you want to know from me?” she crossed her arms, putting on her best bothered look.

“You better answer my question firstly” he muttered through greeted teeth, getting nervous.

Tiffany could have felt deeply scared of him but, instead, she felt grief. She couldn’t act that way with him but she had no other way out. And, to not continue that discussion, she turned around, hurrying towards the van of her group.

Taecyeon exclaimed with her sudden reaction. He didn’t understand what was going on and he wanted some answers. Closing his hands in fists, he followed her quickly.

“I am still talking to you!” he shouted, getting closer.

She stole a peek through her shoulder and snorted, starting to run. She wanted to enter the vehicle the faster she could, and then she wouldn’t have to face such a complicated situation as the one in that moment. But she couldn’t imagine that, that night, would be very important to her.

Not paying attention in her movements, she didn’t notice when the heel of her left shoe broke, and she fell down on the ground harshly.

“Ouch” she exclaimed, using her fore-arm to protect her face of getting injured.

“Fany!” Taecyeon yelled, kneeling down in front of her “Are you okay?” he asked worriedly, helping her to sit up.

“M-My foot…” she mumbled, pointing towards the barefoot.

He followed her finger and nodded, taking it with his hands.

“Does it hurt?” he inquired, massaging the purple region.

A growl came out of , indicating that her answer was positive.

“A-A lot” she stammered, grabbing on her sweater strongly.

“Be calm, Fany-ah. I will get my car and then I will take you to the hospital, okay?” he informed, passing an arm behind her knees, raising her up.

Her eyes widened.

“Aniyo!” she exclaimed, shaking the head crazily “You can’t do that! If I arrive at the hospital, with you, it’s going to be such a scandal!” she assured.

“But you need to do some exams-“.

“No! Just take me to the girls. They will know what to do” she ordered, not looking at him.

He sighed heavily, obeying her. They weren’t friends anymore so he couldn’t force her to do something she didn’t want to. He stood in silence while carrying her on his arms. He realized that she wasn’t as heavy as she used to be, what made him a bit suspicious about her health. But it wasn’t the place neither the moment to question about that; she needed to be cared, immediately.

Seohyun left the van as soon as she saw the couple approaching.

“What happened?” she asked, getting closer to the friend.

“She fell on the floor and now she is hurt. I wanted to take her to the hospital but she doesn’t think it’s a good idea” Taecyeon explained the whole story.

“I told him to bring me for you” Tiffany continued, trying to stand up.

The maknae nodded slightly. For some reason, a smirk formed on , but she contained it, trying to look serious.

“We would take you back to the dorm, Fany, but we can’t now. The oppas are already waiting for us so…” she lied, faking a sad face.

“Call them and say that an accident has occurred!” Tiffany protested, feeling desperate all of a sudden.

“I can’t. And don’t ask me why!” the youngest replied.

“D-Do you want me to do it, Seohyun-ssi?” Taecyeon entered on the conversation.

Seohyun pretended to be surprised with his question.

“Could you?” she stared at him pleading.

He nodded silently.

“It wouldn’t be a problem” he smiled gently.

“Aniyo! That isn’t necessary, Taecyeon-ssi-“.

“Yes!” Seohyun exclaimed “But not to SM building” she pointed at him with half-closed eyes.

The two furrowed their eyebrows confusedly.

“Why not?” Tiffany inquired, not enjoying the upcoming idea.

“Because… Hm…” Seohyun thought for a while before snapping her fingers “Because there are a lot of reporters in there, waiting for us” she smiled victoriously.

“So… Where am I supposed to take her?” Taecyeon asked innocently.

“To your home” Seohyun answered casually, shrugging her shoulders.

“WHAT?!” the couple exclaimed together.

“I don’t see the problem, honestly. Just do it but do it quick! We will distract the paparazzi while you leave” she hissed, turning around and running towards her vehicle.

She entered and closed the door, hurrying the driver to go.

“Wow! What happened, Seo?” Taeyeon woke up from her nap, clearly frightened by the sudden movement.

“The plan ‘Finding happiness for Tiffany unnie’ just started, unnie” she smiled evilly, rubbing her hands “It’s going to be a long night…”

 

Fin