Chapter 2

Wings of Freedom

I stopped flying when the watch on my right arm started to blink. That meant that I was in the right location. I looked around my surroundings, trying to find the perfect place to put the ward in case a demon tries to disrupt this mission. I put the ward on a cloud nearby. I pressed a few buttons on the ward to activate it. Not long after, I heard a soft buzz coming from the ward, signaling that it was ready and I could start the mission.

 

I expanded my wings and quickly flew down in a straight motion. As I flew through the clouds, I felt a comforting cold mist. I smiled as I almost reached the ground. I looked around, trying to figure out where I was. “Seoul, South Korea,” I whispered. I quickly released a clear mist that protected me from sudden demon attacks. I glanced at my watch, deciding that it was time to go.

 


     I arrived at the apartment and punched in my pin number. The door opened and I walked in. I spotted a person in the lobby and I quickly bowed. He smiled and returned the bow. “Hello! You must be the person moving into 601?”

     “Uhm- yes.”

    

“Welcome! Here is your key and your mail. Have a wonderful stay.”

 

“Thank you very much.”

 

I walked up to my room, panting when I arrived. I typed in the pin and used the key to unlock the door. I flipped the switch on the side of the door, revealing the plain beige color that was plastered on all walls of the apartment. I put all of the letters on the coffee table and sat down. I opened my letters one by one, most of them about the school I was going to attend with Jungkook. I looked at the last letter, wondering how it had gotten delivered when there was no address written on top. I ran my fingers, along the gold letters that read, 'Taehyung'. The gold lettering felt like it was deeply engraved and it felt cool to the touch. I looked carefully as I could now see that there was a dark aura surrounding the letter. Closing my eyes, I tried to focus. I waved my hands over the letter whispering, “Leave,” repeatedly. After the aura disappeared from the letter, I opened it and read it.

 

I will kill him first.

 

My heart started to beat out of my chest. What does this mean? Who could have possibly sent this? Could it have been a demon? I stared at the letter for what seemed to feel like a long time, with questions constantly racing through my mind. I don't know what this person is up to but I have to capture him first. As I hastily tried to put away the letters with shaky hands, I heard a soft buzzing noise. “The ward!,” I whispered. I looked at my bracelet and I read the message written on top. Jungkook must have just entered the apartment. I quickly got out of my room and checked the hallways to see if anyone was watching. I put an arch angel shield near the corner of the hallway and hurriedly activated it. I then released a mist that would harm anyone with demon blood inside them. I heard a few steps in the hallway and quickly hid myself.

 

After a few minutes have passed, I tried to see who was coming by putting my head out a bit from the wall I was hiding behind. I saw a piece of black hair and I quickly turned around. It’s Jungkook. Once he passes the ward and enters the mist, he’ll be hurt and I’ll capture him and return him to the angel realm. Suddenly, I heard terrified screams from him HIs screams were extremely high pitched. I quickly covered my ears as his screams were horrendous. I immediately felt guilty for what I had done. I sighed, squeezing my eyes shut. I could feel my heart twisting and shriveling up, causing my heart beat to increase at a rate like the speed of light. “I can’t believe I’m doing this,” I whispered.

 

I ran out and saw Jungkook lying there, still screaming. He was lying on the floor with tears rolling down his cheeks, creating a stain on his blue shirt. He buried his head, muffling his screams and cries. His face started to get paler and his powers were being drained by the shield. I stared in horror, realizing how much he was suffering. At that instant, I didn't know what to do. Should I save him? What will happen if I save him? Will Jin punish me? I scowled and pushed all of those fears and thoughts away.

 

I instantly deactivated the shield, causing the mist to slowly fade and disappear. I swiftly picked him up and quickly ran to my room, kicking the door open with my leg. I placed him on the couch and shut the door behind me and quickly got to work. As angels, healing is our specialty. It was an advantage yet a disadvantage at the same time because healing someone can drain out an angel's physical power. The angel would have to go a few days without any powers depending on how severely hurt they/the person they are healing were. “Guérir,” I whispered. I smiled as a bright, radiant light shined on him and he slowly started to stop screaming. I could feel my heartbeat racing at an unimaginable speed when he smiled at me.

 

I stared at all of his wonderful features. He looked even more beautiful in real life. I smiled at the way his hair immediately  ruffled when he was lying down. I suddenly felt my head start to spin and throb. My vision started to become extremely blurry. I struggled to look at my watch and see how much power I had left in me. I glanced at Jungkook one more time and noticed that the healing spell was still in effect. I groaned, "So this is how badly hurt he was."


I tried to stand up, but I could barely move my legs. I started panting and could feel my inner body temperature rising. Angels rarely got sick unless their magical power is constantly being drained and they are using multiple spells at once. I sighed and slowly closed my eyes.

 

Herro guys~~ I hope you guys enjoyed reading this new chapter!~ As always, comments/constructive criticism is appreciated. In addition, I know that I haven't updated in about two weeks, //shot but that's because recently I have been really sick and I'm a freshman in highschool so I'm really busy. However, I will try to update every Saturday! So please look forward to the next chapter! xD

I also know that this chapter was shorter than the last one and I promise the next one will be longer and more detailed. 

<3