Chapter 1

Wings of Freedom

The moment I was born, the doctors would put a watch on my wrist that had a tracking device. The watch is sealed with a powerful barrier that no angel can break. The watch is used so that no one would try to escape. In addition, there is a built-in camera where they can watch you every second of the day to make sure you weren’t saying anything that could destroy the perfect society.

 

As the angels get stronger and their levels increase, they are given missions which are a part of their job. As a level 7 angel, my job is to capture demons who could prevent the angels from winning the war. Jin is the mission commander, and I usually get missions from him regularly. I sat in the chair at the training institute. I spent most of my time here as it was required to spend at least 5 hours training every day.

 

I frowned as I saw Jin walk towards me. I’ve never really disliked the missions he assigned me but I’ve never liked them either. Every mission I’ve been on always ends up bloody. I hate the look of hatred that I get from demons. The glares they give me and the tears they shed burns holes in my heart. I gulped as he stopped walking and put a bunch of files on the coffee table in front of me.

 

“Taehyung, I have a new mission for you. You have to capture this demon.” On the folder, there was a picture of the demon clipped onto the top. I stared at it in fascination. He was beautiful.

 

“Why?,” I said softly.

 

“We believe that he’s one of the strongest demons yet... The demons are probably going to use him as a weapon against us. That’s why we have to capture him immediately before he destroys the angel realm.” He walked towards me and pat my shoulder gently. “I know you can do this. You’re one of the strongest angels here, and that is why I’ve entrusted you to this important mission. Come meet me at the tubes tomorrow. Don’t be late,” he whispered.

 

I stared at the picture of the beautiful demon on the table. I picked up the files and flipped through the papers inside the folder. I stopped at the page about what type of demon he was and other basic information. My heart stopped. He’s a class 6 demon.

 


 

I constantly repeated what Jin said yesterday in my head. I got out of bed and started to get dressed. Every male angel was required to wear a white suit, while the girls had to wear white dresses. After getting dressed, I started to head out of the institute to go to the tubes. The tubes were used by all angels to get to missions without getting tracked by demons. It used artificial air and wind to create a high amount of pressure the push the angel up and into the sky.

 

I soon arrived at the tubes and I immediately searched for Jin. We’ve known each other ever since we became level 2 angels. We did everything together. We trained, ate, lived, and often went on missions together. However, everything started to change when he became mission commander. He started to get really busy and often enjoyed the luxuries of the upper class.

 

I suddenly stopped and looked up at the roof and smiled a little. The best part of these missions is getting to fly in the air. I loved the feeling of the air in the tubes, slowly pushing you up into the air. Once you feel the wind in your face when you’re out of the headquarters, you experience a feeling that you’ll never get tired of. It felt like freedom.

 

I found him in the back of the tubes where all missions that were currently being executed by other angels were listed. “You’re late. I don’t want to remind you of the consequences-”

 

I looked at my watch, making sure I wasn’t late. “I’m not late. You’re just early.”

 

“Anyways, you will be living in the same apartment and will attend the same school. You have one month to capture him.”

 

“He’s a class 6 demon. One of the strongest demons out there. How do you expect me to handle someone as strong as him?”

 

“His powers aren’t awakened yet. We expect it to be awakened in about two months. One month is more than enough for you to capture him. If you can’t capture him, we all know what will happen next,” he spat. I started to feel really nervous. Many angels have been very controlling since the start of the war. Rebels who didn’t like the idea of fighting against their own will were severely punished.

 

“I understand.” I closed my wings and walked into the tube. There were a set of controls that operated the tube in front of me. I pressed the button to close the tube. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest when I saw Jin smirk through the glass. I held in my breath and closed my eyes. In just a few minutes, I felt the artificial air that the tubes created push me up and into the air. I smiled as I heard the top of the tube start to open. I clenched my fists as I felt the strong wind blowing against my face. I opened my eyes and smiled at the sight. The clouds looked like small patches of marshmallows. “Freedom,” I whispered.

 

I waited for the wind to calm down a bit. I felt an adrenaline rush and I spread my wings, getting ready to fly. Breathing in the fresh air, I soared through the sky. I smiled the whole time, and I did a few tricks in the air. Flying is one of the only reasons why I wished to be free. Free from the angels. Free from the control.


That was the first chapter~ :DD I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and please do subscribe if you want to read more~ I’m sorry if this chapter does not live up to your expectations. I am a young writer and I am constantly finding ways to improve so constructive criticism is appreciated. >~<