Epilogue

Crush

Taehyung never knew how having a crush would feel like. Neither did he expect that he would fall in love.

 

 

It was the very first day of school when Taehyung met him.

He was holding a bag of chips, munching away while he entered his high school for the first time. Taehyung loved to eat and he didn’t care about his image at all. Not that he became plump after eating that much, he still remained thin and it left everyone speechless to say the least.

As he was walking past the field towards his class, a ball suddenly came flying towards Taehyung at the speed of light and he hurriedly hugged his bag of chips close to him, shutting his eyes tight. Taehyung was determined to save his bag of chips if not himself. Out of the blue, someone ran past Taehyung and grabbed the ball towards his chest, tumbling onto the ground afterwards. Taehyung slowly peeked open his eyes to find a senior lying on the ground, clutching the ball tightly and groaning in pain. However all Taehyung could see at that very moment was rays of light shining around the groaning boy.

Love struck.

Taehyung couldn’t deny that he was love struck. Taehyung had never denied his uality. He was the type who was blunt and honest, and he didn’t think that being a little attracted to the same gender was wrong at all. In fact, it made him seem special.

Taehyung stood there rooted to the ground, staring blankly at the senior who was immediately ushered off by his friends. Suddenly returning back to his senses, Taehyung turned towards the injured boy whose back was facing him.

“Uh…” Taehyung whispered softly and fiddled with his fingers.

Miraculously, the injured boy turned and gazed back with half lidded eyes, almost as if he was holding on just to hear what Taehyung had to say.

“C-Chips?” Taehyung scratched his nape lightly and offered his chips gratefully with burning cheeks.

 

 

The second time Taehyung saw him was a week after that incident.

Taehyung smiled giddily to himself, hiding behind the wall where one could directly see the football captain from that angle. With a bag of chips in hand and eyes purely directed to the player on the field, Taehyung began observing the player’s every move. Being the shy boy he was, Taehyung would blush and cover his eyes whenever the latter raised his jersey showing the whole world his defined abs. On one hand, the selfish side of Taehyung wished that the latter would continue to show him his defined upper body. However, on the other hand, a part of Taehyung wished that he could reprimand the latter for flaunting his body to everyone else.

From that day onwards, Taehyung made it a point to watch his savior practice his football once a week. In addition, Taehyung would always place a bag of his favorite chips and a bottle of water at the captain’s locker whenever he watched a practice, hoping that the captain didn’t forget him.

 

 

The day of the match finally arrived and Taehyung would never give it a pass. Not when Suga was taking part in it. “Suga” was what his friends always called him and Taehyung definitely liked it.

Bouncing up and down with an anticipated heart in his seat, Taehyung glanced towards the captain who was briefing s the last time before the match started. Suga seemed to be really nervous and his eyes scanned the crowd before landing on Taehyung, letting out a wide smile. Still oblivious to the whole situation, Taehyung grabbed his bag of chips and fumbled to open it with a narrow success.

“Is he your boyfriend?” A little boy who was sitting beside Taehyung asked curiously, witnessing Taehyung cheering Suga on even before the match started.

Taehyung blushed almost instantly and shook his head. “It’s probably just a one-sided thing.”

The little boy nodded happily and ran down towards the bench where Suga was sitting, tugging on his jersey lightly. Taehyung blinked and stood rigid, unable to process the fact that the little boy was about to tell on him. Suga smiled softly at the boy and bent down while the little boy whispered into his ear, a light smile slowly forming on his face. Taehyung wished that there was a hole that could eat him up whole that instant when Suga locked eyes with him, grinned and replied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I know.”

 

 

 


Please allow me to hide in a hole with Taehyung now.