Tension?

Tension?

Just a little one shot I made for a friend's birthday~

Suggested Playlist (aka music that inspired my mojo for this fic which I highly recommend you listen to one of these songs to get the feeling like for real) includes

Bittersweet by Ellie Goulding

Stay the Night by Zedd

Clarity by Zedd

Break Free by Ariana Grande

Thats all! Hope you enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Fighting tension was like fighting the urge to breath. In the end you gasp for air, in the end you inhale so deep till the burning in your lungs go away. And god are you satisfied. Fighting tension is like fighting the urge to breath.

 

Fighting the tension between he and Luhan was like holding his breath. All he really wanted to do was gulp up as much oxygen as possible. But he didn’t. He held his breath and tried to get through the time they had to spend together.

 

Minseok is a an Assistant Editor at a magazine company. He makes the calls and the coffee, he writes tiny sections when no one else wants to. He overlooks the other assistants and has a little more responsibility than them. He was hesitant at first to take the job as the assistant editor instead of just a regular assistant. But it came with a large pay raise. So that was that.

 

Luhan is the Executive Editor. He is not Minseok’s direct boss but he’s above him on the food chain nonetheless. Luhan is smart and well dressed. He makes sure all of the articles have catchy titles and he writes the bigger pieces in the magazine. Luhan is a great writer, Minseok has read his work, and he has a way with people that Minseok doesn’t.

 

The first time the tension had sparked was the first time they’d met.

 

Minseok had just been hired along with a new team of assistants. The company had a welcoming party at a nearby club. There were lots of drinks and dancing, but Minseok stood back at the bar and quietly sipped from his glass. And then Luhan popped up. He was smooth from the beginning in his designer clothes and salon looking hair. Minseok was intimidated and nervous, Luhan thought Minseok looked cute that way.

 

“And here I thought there would never be any office eye candy.” Luhan smirked. Minseok gulped.

 

Luhan had his own office. It’s on the same floor as Minseok’s cubicle, and Luhan spends a good amount of time sending the assistant for coffee and silly things that really don’t matter. Copy paper, a new pencil, a rubber band, one single piece of tape. Minseok finally scowls and refuses when Luhan offers his designer shoe to tie. So the handsome executive left him alone for awhile, and Minseok would never admit how sad that made him.

 

The tension built further during the next office party. It was a valentine’s day party covered in shiny pink and red balloons. Once again there are a lot of drinks and tons of dancing, but Minseok sits on the side lines and sips from his glass. Luhan pops up, casually dressed but Minseok knows how much Luhan makes and knows he wouldn’t go for anything common.

 

“Hey eye candy. Enjoying the party?” Luhan smiles. And Minseok gets the sense that he’s not the first one that Luhan has come up to like this. With his heart breaking smile and perfectly coiffed hair. It makes Minseok nervous and a little disgruntled.

 

“It’s fine.” he nods and turns his eyes away, paying attention to the group of assistants letting loose with the bosses. One woman jumps up on a table with her drink and everyone cheers on.

 

“You’ve been avoiding me.” Luhan states and doesn’t ask. He takes one step closer and Minseok instantly scoots down the wall. Away from trouble and away from a one night stand. The assistant may be the lowest totem on the pole but he has standards.

 

“I think we should get to know each other better. What do you say to dinner this weekend?” The executive editor takes another step, eyes intense and clearly focused on his prey. But Minseok will have none of that. He knows guys like Luhan. He knows them all too well.

 

“No thanks.” he retorts and escapes at a brisk pace before Luhan can say anything else.

 

That night Minseok watches Luhan get plastered like everyone else, watches him hop on a table and give their Creative Editor a for kicks. Good dodge, he tells himself, good dodge indeed.

 

When Minseok gets the promotion to Assistant Editor and the pay raise Luhan is in the room along with the other Executives. They all congratulate him and shake his hand. Minseok is close to escaping the small meeting room when he’s stopped by an arm shooting out in front of him.

 

“Congrats, we’ll be working a lot more closely. We’ll have time to get to know each other more.” Minseok doesn’t like the way Luhan looks so pleased with this whole situation. Being Assistant Editor means he gets a bigger cubicle, and its right in front of Luhan’s office unfortunately. Minseok will never admit he’s kind of excited. That the handsome editor looks extremely good in his fit jeans and button up shirt. “Will you still make my coffee if I ask?”

 

The new editor’s assistant frowns, “There are other assistants to do that.”

 

Luhan’s eyes sparkle, “Yeah but I only want your coffee, only yours.”

 

His heart stutters and his mind has to strongly remind it that Luhan is just like all the rest. He plays games. All he wants is to show his dominance over the cute little assistant and then ignore him like nothing happened. He’s playing a game and Minseok must come out on top.

 

“I heard Starbucks is pretty good.” Minseok smiles and removes the arm still blocking his way. He hears the editor’s scoff and feels proud of himself.

 

Tension builds, and Minseok tries to hold his breath a little longer. He loves his job, he’s always wanted to work for a magazine and now he even gets to write a little bit. The way Luhan looks at him, the way he smiles at him, the way he tries to pull him in, Minseok can’t let that get in the way. So he focuses and tries to do the best he can at his job.


 

Luhan makes sure to tell him he’s doing a great job every day. His smile shines over the wall of Minseok’s cubicle and the assistant can’t help the way his heart skips a beat every single time.

 

He starts bringing in coffee for Minseok instead of the other way around. It happens suddenly out of the blue. Minseok comes to work after a long night of writing his first small article the Editor in Chief had given him. It’s sitting there waiting for him, an iced caramel macchiato with whipped cream on top. He stares at it for a minute, unsure if it is for him. Was it left on his desk by accident?

 

“You better drink it before the whipped cream melts eye candy.” Luhan’s face is perched on the wall of his partition. Minseok stares with a confused brow. “What? I bought coffee for the guy I like. So what? Get used to it.”

 

“How did you know I liked this?” he asks with serious curiosity.

 

Luhan looks at him with solemn eyes, “I pay attention to you Minseok. How could I not?”

 

Minseok’s heart stutters and his mind swoons just a tiny bit. But it was all a game right? Luhan was a bit of a player right?

 

With Minseok’s new found position comes his new found attitude at work. He works hard, he writes as much as possible and tries to do all he can for the magazine. Luhan admires the work ethic and starts showing a professional front and Minseok is thankful. There are no loud appreciations of Minseok’s physical appearance, no name calling of ‘eye candy’ and Luhan no longer tries to corner Minseok in the elevator just to hit on him. They work side by side for awhile, things go smoothly. But the tension builds with every accidental touch Luhan lays on him, with every second Luhan takes to look at him extra long, with every iced caramel macchiato left on his desk with a sweet note.

 

Tension is like trying to hold your breath for too long. You have to breath eventually.

 

The new years party is at the same club nearby, the one that the company had welcomed Minseok and the other assistants in. Lights flicker over the dance floor and the neon drinks are passed around. Everyone has one sparkling hats and cool sunglasses. The new year is here and everyone is happy to party the night away. Minseok sits at the bar, sparkling pom pom hat on and neon blue drink in hand. He laughs at his colleagues getting loose.

 

“Hey Minseok.” the familiar voice is expected. Minseok had been watching Luhan unintentionally all night as he socialized with everyone and laughed so loud people from the buildings over could probably hear him. Minseok had watched and been a tiny bit envious at how Luhan smiled at everyone, how he gave everyone so much attention. He’d been waiting for Luhan to do what he always does at these office parties, try and make Minsoek fall for him.

 

“Hello Luhan.” the assistant greets kindly but doesn’t look at the editor. He knows Luhan looks great, knows he’s dressed so well he makes mouths water and his smile seems to be extra bright under the club lights.

 

“How many drinks you had so far?”

 

“Only this one.” Minseok shakes the glass and the ice cubes jingle inside.

 

Luhan gives Minseok the most offended look ever, “It is New Years eve and you’ve only had one drink? Shame on you. Bartender! Give me two long island ice teas!”

 

Minseok glares at the exec and huffs as two large drinks are set on the bar counter. They are tall and have a cherry and lemon slice seated on top. They are brown just like iced tea but Minseok knows they are anything but. Luhan hands him one tall glass and grins, “Happy New Years!”

 

He doesn’t want to be a complete douche and throw the drink, so he gingerly sips it and will not admit how good it tastes. “I know guys like you,” he blurts, “You can’t fool me.”

 

Luhan leans in closer and Minseok can smell his cologne, “What kind of guy am I?”

 

Minseok gulps. The alcohol is getting to him and he feels  a tiny bit hotter than before.

 

“You’re a player, you only want to fool around with the so called eye candy at your work and once you’ve gotten what you want, you leave the eye candy behind in the dust. You make them uncomfortable at work and make them want to leave. So they quit and have to start all over again, but none of that matters to you. I know guys like you.”

 

Minseok thinks that was a pretty damn good speech, and he tries to walk away with his head held high. But Luhan is quick and right in front of him, pressing him against the bar with a snarl on his lips.

 

“You think you know me?” Luhan’s voice is low and right on the borderline of ual and furious, “I don’t know what douche ed up with you, but you do not know me Minseok. Don’t ever think you can judge who I am or how I feel because of my appearance. You haven’t even bothered to try and get to know me, how could you possible know what kind of guy I am or how I feel or what my intentions are? You don’t. Don’t make assumptions when you don’t know.”

 

Minseok feels his knees go weak. He feels a pinch of guilt and there are a few words that are sticking out to him. Out of that big long speech there are only a few that stuck out in his mind and his curiosity peeks. He mutters like a scared child, “Then tell me how you feel. What are your intentions?”

 

His heart is about to hammer right out of his chest and he feels the heat of the night pulsing in to his veins as Luhan leans in close. The lights from the dance floor flicker behind his head and make a halo of purples and blues. Minseok feels his mouth go dry.

 

“My intentions are not pure I’ll give you that, but they’re not corrupted either. I have no intention of harming you in any way. And my feelings?”

 

Luhan’s hand is warm as it curls around the back of Minseok’s neck, his breath is even warmer.

 

“Well if you hadn’t noticed I’m pretty crazy about you.”

 

Luhan closes the small space left between them, lips gently testing the waters.

 

Tension is like trying to hold your breath. You have to breath eventually.

 

Minseok sighs and kisses back full force. Luhan’s hands are one either side of his face to hold him still as the exec molds their mouths together with so much passion and tongue it makes Minsoek dizzy. He hums in pleasure and tries to fit himself further in to Luhan’s embrace, is content at resting the palms of his hands on Luhan’s chest. The noise he makes when Luhan nibbles on his jaw makes his eyes snap open. The spell is undone for a second and he pushes executive editor away with a gasp.

 

“I can’t.” he breathes and tries to right his clothing. Things had gotten more heated than he thought. Luhan’s fingers had been on his hip bones and he can still feel the burning touch there.

 

“Can’t what?” Luhan isn’t fazed and comes right back up to the assistant, tilting the other’s head back and on the lips that are glossy from saliva. Minseok is a little more willing now that he’s gotten a taste. It’s a damn good taste.

 

He can’t answer, because he doesn’t know what he can’t do. He wants to, that much is obvious as he gets a handful of Luhan’s hair in between his fingers. He knew Luhan’s hair was soft just by looks but dear god.

 

“Come home with me.” Luhans pants into his mouth. There is tension, so much tension. And the voice at the back of mind tells him its mostly tension caused by himself. That Luhan has chased him relentlessly for a reason. This situation seems like its upside down but only to him. To Luhan its right side up.

 

And maybe this was going to be exactly as Minseok thought it would, that in the morning it would all break apart and he’d be left with uncomfortable silence and more tension than before.

 

But he feels the way Luhan holds him, the way Luhan kisses him like its everything Luhan has ever wanted to do.

 

“Please?” Luhan kisses him once, twice, a third time.

 

“Okay.” Minseok agrees.

 

_____

 

He is on fire, he is scorching and the heat he feels that burns his sense is coming from within. Minseok is the fire and Luhan is the gasoline that pours and pours and doesn’t stop until they are both ignited and engulfed in scarlet flames. Luhan is setting Minseok on fire, and he wants to burn till there is nothing left.

 

Minseok yelps when teeth pinch over his , and then he sighs as a warm and wet tongue laps at it in apology. Luhan has him on his back in a king sized bed with smooth cotton sheets and the lights of the city shining down on them from a large bay window. Luhan ruts his hips against Minseok’s, their lengths rubbing together and they both groan in want.

 

Luhan reaches behind Minseok’s head to retrieve the bottle of lube he’d used earlier as he the assistant open and made Minseok moan his name as well as a . He rolls it on and puts a generous amount of lube over his before looking down at the man he’s been chasing after for the last year. And now he finally has him right where he wants him. Panting and bare in his own bed.

 

“Hurry,” Minseok isn’t as shy in bed as he is at work, “Put it in.”

 

Luhan smirks but does as he’s told. He goes down for a soft kiss before positioning himself at Minseo’s entrance, feels the man beneath him shiver with anticipation. He moans loudly when he pushes in and feels Minseok’s tight heat engulf his length, feels Minseok’s body welcome him and clench tightly to pull him in further.

 

Oh god yes” Minseok high pitched cry is soft and it makes Luhan’s twitch. The assistant’s calves lock around Luhan’s hips and he pushes back, “Move Luhan please.”

 

Luhan pulls out and watches Minseok’s face contort in pleasure as he goes back in a little harder and little deeper. There are stars behind Minseok’s eyelids and the pleasure is flowing through his body freely. All the heat, all the fire is making him melt. It’s so much and so good. He begs Luhan, actually ing begs, to go faster and to him harder. If he’s going to do this whole one night stand thing he might as well get everything he wants out of it.

 

Luhan gives everything that Minseok wants. He s the assistant deep in to his bed, touches every inch of the beautiful body under him and and bites to make Minseok moan his name. They are on fire, everything is heat and passion. Everything is Minseok, feels like Minseok and Luhan has wanted this for a long time. Everything is Minseok, Luhan doesn’t want it to end.

 

But it does. With Minseok on all fours and Luhan aggressively bucking his hips.

 

“Come inside.” Minseok gasps. Luhan does just that with a satisfied noise in his throat. He doesn’t forget to turn Minseok over and the man off. And he enjoys the feeling of the assistant’s fingers in his hair as the other comes undone.

 

Luhan falls down beside Minseok, both of them catching their breaths.

 

“Wow.” the assistant laughs and Luhan feels pride swell in his chest. He jumps up from his bed and goes into the bathroom, grabbing a wash cloth and getting it damp. He cleans Minseok out before going to brush his teeth.

 

And then he hears it. With his toothbrush jammed in his mouth and the water running, he hears the sound of movement and then the zip of jeans. The alarm blares and he almost trips as he runs out to the bedroom.

 

Minseok doesn’t stop getting dressed when Luhan opens the bathroom door. He knows what he’s doing, he’s leaving. This was a one night stand and better to get the head start on the ditching.

 

“What are you doing?” Luhan almost sounds sad to Minseok. But the assistant isn’t bothered and puts on his shoes.

 

“I should get home before it gets too late. We have a deadline this week.”

 

He’s up and dressed, ready to leave when Luhan appears in front of him. with hair and a froth covered mouth. He holds his toothbrush in one hand while the other is placed on Minseok’s chest. “Why are you leaving?”

 

“This was fun, but I know thats all you wanted was some fun. Thank you for the fun time.”

 

And once again Luhan is in his face, fist clenched around the fabric of his shirt and snarl on his lips. “What did I tell you about making assumptions? Damnit Minseok.”

 

Minseok stares confused as Luhan rants on, “You didn’t hear me at the bar? I’m crazy about you. I like you. I really like you for you. And yes that includes physical attraction but how can you think thats all it is? I like you. Get it?”

 

“But you said your intentions weren’t pure-”

 

“You're ing y how could I think purely about you? We’re adults, I want to you a lot. Like a lot like everyday if I’m allowed to or if we have time or if you end up spending the night a lot of times. Minseok,” Luhan hasn’t bothered to wipe away the white froth on his mouth and Minseok admits he looks kind of cute like this. with hair confessing to him, “I like you. Do you like me?”

 

Minseok doesn’t have to think long about it, “Yes.”

 

“Then stay the night. Just stay and let me like you. Stop assuming and get to know me.”

 

Minseok bites his lip. Tension is building. It’s building and making him nervous. Luhan is in front of him and holds his hand. The tension disappears as if it were never there.

 

“Okay.” he whispers. He’s never giggled like that before, as Luhan kisses him with a toothpaste covered mouth and then laughs and kisses him again.

 

_____

 

He wakes with arms around him, they’re natural and comforting. When he tries to shift and turn over to see the arms come undone. Minseok pouts and turns all the way over. Luhan is still asleep, features at peace as the sun kisses his skin. The assistant puts Luhan’s arm back around him and snuggles closer.

 

His heart is pounding in his chest as anxiety, not tension, builds. Please, he thinks, please don’t be the douche that trampled over my young heart.

He wants to believe the words spoken last night. He wants to believe in the second round of that was slow and much more passionate than his senses could bare. He’d fallen asleep after a trembling and to the feeling of Luhan’s lips over his eyelids.

 

It’s morning, and Minseok stayed. He gave in to everything he was afraid of. He’s especially scared now, because its morning. Luhan and him aren’t bound for life just because of last night. Everything could change once the executive editor wakes up. He could go back on his word, he could change his mind and ask Minseok to leave. And that terrifies Minseok.

 

Luhan’s eyes slowly crack open, sleep still lines his eyes as he holds Minseok close and sighs in relief. “You stayed.”

 

“I did.” Minseok can’t stop the smile spreading on his lips.

 

“Good. Are you hungry?”

 

“Starving.” he admits.

 

“I know. I can hear your stomach.” Luhan chuckles and Minseok blushes, “I’ll make you breakfast.”

 

Luhan sits up, and Minseok is going to as well, but is pushed back down. He half yells half laughs as Luhan sits on top of him, hair falling in to his face as he leans down. Their noses sit on top of each other and Luhan stares for a long time. Minseok swallows and bites his lip nervously.

 

“I’m glad you stayed.” Luhan smiles and then pecks Minseok’s cheek.

 

Something breaks in Minseok. The tension? The fear? He doesn’t know. The important thing is that it breaks and is tossed away. He happily sits up in the smooth cotton bed and watches the Executive Editor make him breakfast in a pair of black briefs. The sun is golden and Luhan seems to be glowing.

 

Tension? What tension? Minseok thinks he’s never heard of the word tension before as he hugs Luhan from behind and kisses the soft shoulder. “Am I still the office eye candy?”

 

Luhan turns around, his back to the sizzling egg in the frypan, “Oh Minseok, you will always be my office eye candy.”

 

They laugh, they kiss, they do all that sappy stuff that makes Minseok think ‘thank god I didn’t dodge this one’.

 

THE END MOTHERERS THEY ED IN THE OFFICE EVENTUALLY YOU KNOW THEY DID AMEN.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amen. Feel free to check out my other fics~

Hope you enjoyed!

 

-Porter