Final

If I Ain't Got You

In the end this story shall not be rated M but PG13. Mild ual content and mentions of kidnapping, allusion to torture.

 

 

“Come on, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun whines, rolling on Chanyeol’s bed. “I’m not gonna stare at you when you change clothes or walk in on you in the bathroom, I promise! Let me share your room, please!!”

Chanyeol shakes his head. “Dude, you realize you have this perfect excuse to keep sharing a room with Jongdae, right?”

“You realize that’s exactly what I’m trying to avoid, right?” Baekhyun asks.

“But what if you get closer because of it? I mean when you start dating, you’re going to move in together anyway.”

Baekhyun blushes and makes various squawking noises in protest.

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. “I’m not that unobservant, you know. You have hearts in your eyes when you look at him.”

“I HAVE FIRE AND DEATH IN MY EYES!” Baekhyun roars, though his face is still bright red.

Chanyeol smirks. “Oh, pumpkin. Just trust me on this, okay?”

“WHO ARE YOU CALLING PUMPKIN?!”

 

 

 

Jongdae wakes up in the middle of the night because something is suffocating him. Panic bubbles in his chest, something is being held over his face, his eyes are open but he can’t see, and he lashes out with his arms and legs, trying to throw whatever it is off—

And then the pillow is taken off his face and he’s left gasping, staring up at a furious looking Baekhyun. Slowly Jongdae starts to realize that Baekhyun nearly killed him. “What,” he wheezes, hands around his neck.

Baekhyun opens his mouth and a truly horrible sounding snort comes out of it. Jongdae yelps in shock and Baekhyun sneers.

“That’s what I’ve been putting up with for the last three ing hours,” he growls. “You sound like a goddamn monster, Kim Jongdae. Get a hold of yourself or I swear to god I will actually kill you.” Then he flops onto his side.

Jongdae lies there and stares at the ceiling for a solid five minutes. Then he sits up and shoves Baekhyun off the bed. He lands with a yelp and stands up looking murderous, but Jongdae is out for blood too.

“YOU BASTARD!” Jongdae yells, grabbing his pillow, “YOU ALMOST KILLED ME!”

Baekhyun deflects his pillow attacks easily. “Yeah and it can’t have been that bad if you bounced back so quickly.”

Too tired to deal with this, Jongdae grabs his pillow and marches out of the room. He sleeps on the couch that night, even though it’s uncomfortable and he hates the fact that the sun is basically rising in his face. But the next night he and Baekhyun are back to sharing a bed like nothing ever happened. Well, one thing changes.

“Do I really snore like that?”

“Only sometimes.”

Jongdae hesitates. “I’ll…see a doctor about that.”

“You should,” Baekhyun says, “That can be a sign of serious health problems, you know.”

 

 

 

Jongdae and Baekhyun sharing a room long term was probably not a good idea. Baekhyun had been shoved in to Jongdae’s room by Suho, when Baekhyun’s old room had needed to be given to Kai since it had a bathroom and as a half-merman, Kai needed access to a bathtub. Jongdae’s room also had its own bathroom, and was the only other room not occupied by two or more people, or by Chanyeol. The communal bathroom on the second floor was mainly used by Tao and Kris, and Baekhyun simply did not want to share with them. So even though sharing a room, and a bed, with Jongdae was not ideal, it was better than the alternative. That was his story, and he was sticking to it.

Baekhyun swears he only puts up with Jongdae’s snoring because honestly, Jongdae is an angel. Yes he can be a little annoying, but so can Baekhyun. Jongdae is always up for pulling pranks and making mischief, but he’s also sweet and caring. He gives great hugs, he sings like he was born for it, he’s freaking gorgeous…Maybe Baekhyun has a crush but he doesn’t stare at Jongdae with hearts in his eyes.

“He snores,” Baekhyun whines to Chanyeol, rolling around in his bed. “Oh my god, he snores like nothing I’ve ever heard before, it’s disgusting.”

“Do you have to roll around in my bed?” Chanyeol asks.

“I can’t put up with this for the rest of my life,” Baekhyun says. “Ugh, why do I even like him?”

Chanyeol grabs a pillow and beats Baekhyun with it, ignoring Baekhyun’s shrieking protests. When Chanyeol finally throws the pillow aside he launches himself on top of Baekhyun and pins him to the bed.

“Listen you little ,” he growls, “You wanna know how I know about your massive crush on Jongdae? I’m the one who hangs out with you when you’re drunk, and you do not shut up about him. You wanna know why I call you pumpkin when it’s about your crush on Jongdae? Because you’ve told me twice now that he called you pumpkin once and you can’t stop thinking about it. Why do you like him? I don’t ing know but you do, so quit whining.”

He gets up and Baekhyun stares at him in shock. “I-I said all that?” He squeaks.

“Yup,” Chanyeol says grimly. “Every word.”

Baekhyun can’t leave the room for an hour afterwards because he’s blushing so badly.

 

 

 

But Jongdae is a really good friend. Sometimes Baekhyun thinks Jongdae might be the best friend he’s ever had, because Baekhyun is a very physical person--he likes to touch, and be hugged and cuddled. Jongdae does that, and he gets that it doesn’t mean anything. Baekhyun wishes it did, but it’s nice to just be held by someone without feeling like it needs to go somewhere. After a long day it’s so nice to go to bed and curl up next to Jongdae and talk to him. Some of the best conversations Baekhyun has had were with Jongdae before they went to sleep.

“Hey, Jongdae?”

Jongdae has one hand in Baekhyun’s hair, playing with the strands. “Yeah?” He sounds so sleepy and it’s adorable. Damn him.

“You know how we have a really big team? Do you ever feel like…like the team could go on without one of us?” Baekhyun’s heart is hammering against his ribs. “Mostly without me?”

“Say what?!” Jongdae doesn’t sound sleepy anymore. “Baekhyun, no way!”

“But what do I do for the team, really?” Baekhyun asks.

“Oh come on,” Jongdae says, “Right before Sehun got here, that mission where the Agency ed up and killed that super important guy, and you imitated his voice on the phone and lead the ring of drug dealers right into a trap? We couldn’t have done that without you!”

“Yeah but…” he gulps. “I want to learn to shoot, or something. So I can actually be useful in other ways.”

“So ask Kris to teach you, or Sehun!” Jongdae says. “But we wouldn’t be a team without you.” He pets Baekhyun’s cheek and smiles at him. “I mean really, you’re my best friend here. I’d go crazy without you.”

Baekhyun’s heart leaps. “R-really?”

“Yeah,” Jongdae says, “Even though you do try to smother me sometimes.”

“Hey! Your snoring is something else, okay?” Baekhyun sputters. “Anyone would have tried to kill you, you’re just lucky I like you enough not to go through with it!”

Jongdae grins and Baekhyun’s heart skips a beat. He has the most beautiful smile in the world, aside from Baekhyun’s of course.

“Seriously, Baekhyun, we couldn’t go on without you. Don’t ever doubt that.”

 

 

 

Sometimes Baekhyun wants nothing more than to kiss Jongdae breathless, but sometimes he just wants to punch Jongdae so hard in the face his grandchildren will feel it.

“Why the hell do you keep touching my stuff?” Baekhyun shouts as he searches for his favorite pair of jeans.

“I wouldn’t touch it if you could keep your damn side of the room clean!” Jongdae yells back. “My god, I don’t understand what’s so hard about putting your back where you got it from. You never put anything away!”

“I took those jeans out an hour ago!” Baekhyun says.

“Well for all I knew they’d been sitting there for a week, it’s hard to tell with you.”

Baekhyun glowers at him. “I put my stuff away eventually! What the hell is your deal about keeping this place spotless? A little mess isn’t going to kill you!”

“It’s my room!” Jongdae shouts, “And that means I make the rules! If you don’t like it you can go sleep somewhere else, see if I care!”

“It’s our room!” Baekhyun screams. “Oh my god, I’ve been here for months, you don’t own the place, Kim Jongdae! Why don’t you leave if you think I’m such a horrible person?”

“I never said you were a horrible person! I just said you don’t clean up after yourself!”

Baekhyun’s so mad he doesn’t even remember what he was looking for in the first place. “Forget this,” he snarls, and he snatches his wallet off the dresser and stalks out of the room. Something hits him in the back of the head and he yelps—it’s the jeans he was looking for.

“I FOUND THEM!” Jongdae yells, and then he slams the bedroom door shut.

 

Kris isn’t Baekhyun’s best friend but they get along really well. Back when Baekhyun first joined the agency he was in a rough spot, and Kris helped him out of it. Baekhyun considers them close, but he’s not sure how far that closeness goes in terms of what he wants to ask. Getting Kris away from Tao is a chore all by itself, but Tao is a er for pouting and Baekhyun excels in pouting. He drags Kris to a bar, fuming the entire way.

“is this about that argument you had with Jongdae earlier?” Kris asks.

Baekhyun starts ranting, he brings up stuff about Jongdae that he’d forgotten about until that very moment, every single thing he’s done or said that has gotten on Baekhyun’s nerves, and he goes on for a solid half hour before he runs out of steam. Kris just listens, never interrupts, but doesn’t space out either, and once Baekhyun stops talking he calmly pats Baekhyun’s head and says, “Yeah, Jongdae’s a bit of an .”

Baekhyun laughs so hard he cries, and he tries to cover up that he’s actually crying but Kris sees right through him. Of course he does, he sees through everyone.

“He makes me so goddamn angry,” Baekhyun hiccups.

Kris pets his hair. “I know.”

Baekhyun hides his face in his arms. “Why does he make me so angry?” Kris actually laughs and Baekhyun glares at him. “Stop it!”

“Sorry,” Kris says, sobering up. “Do you want an honest answer to that?”

Baekhyun stares at him blankly. “You have one?”

Kris nods. “First of all, you’re not normally this bad. Right now you feel awful because of what day it is.”

What day it—oh.

“That was a week ago,” Baekhyun protests.

“It doesn’t matter,” Kris says. “It’s that time of the year, and you’ve been in a foul mood for a while now. I was hoping you’d snap out of it on your own.”

“It’s been like, three years,” Baekhyun says. “I’m over it.”

 

Taeyeon was a senior in Baekhyun’s school, and they were both in choir. Baekhyun had such a huge crush on her it wasn’t even funny. In an attempt to impress her, he asked her for help on his upcoming solo. Once they were alone, he showed her how he could imitate anyone’s voice. She’d been shocked.

“Are you like me?” She asked.

“What do you mean?”

Taeyeon started to sing, but it was different this time. Baekhyun had always thought her voice was magical, but now it was hypnotic. Baekhyun would have done anything for her in that moment. When she stopped singing Baekhyun felt like he was drunk, and he knew she’d done something amazing.

“I’m half siren,” she explained. “My singing can hypnotize people, so I have to be super careful in choir, but I can’t just not sing, I love it too much. Baekhyun, what you can do isn’t normal. I think you might be like me!”

Taeyeon had thought she was alone in the world, and now she wasn’t. They became best friends, so close that people thought they’d known each other from childhood. After a few months the two of them started dating, and they also began to wonder if there were more people like them. They were stupid enough to look it up on the internet, and they paid the price for it. Hunters kidnapped them, and tried to sell them to terrorist groups. They were forced to demonstrate their abilities, and if they resisted they were tortured. Baekhyun got kicked around more often, because he tried to protect Taeyeon, though she had it pretty bad too. There were some things Baekhyun couldn’t protect her from, like the pigs who laughed about how a pretty thing like her wouldn’t last a week. They never went through with their threats, but the psychological terror was enough to scar Taeyeon for the rest of her life.

The Agency found and rescued them fairly quickly, but the damage was done. Taeyeon blamed herself for everything, no matter how many times Baekhyun said that it wasn’t her fault. He thought they could get through it together, but he underestimated how badly Taeyeon had been affected. She wanted out, out of everything, including Earth itself. The Agency offered her a position on one of their partner planets, and she took it. When Baekhyun asked the Agency if he could go too, they said there was only room for one.

Baekhyun thought that the hardest thing he ever had to do was say goodbye to Taeyeon, but the harder thing was learning to live without her. She was his best friend and first love, and even though Baekhyun was now surrounded by people just like him, he felt more alone than ever.

 

“You miss her,” Kris says. “And that’s okay, you’re allowed to miss her.”

Baekhyun puts his head down on the table and sniffles loudly. “I should have done something,” he whimpers. “I should have killed those pigs. I should have asked her to stay, I should have been able to help her.”

Kris puts his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders. “Sometimes the best thing you can do is let people go. Taeyeon needed to get away, and she needed to start over.”

Baekhyun knows that, and he knows that he shouldn’t feel so guilty but he does. “What did I do wrong?”

“Nothing,” Kris says. “You did everything you could, and it’s not your fault. It’s not Taeyeon’s fault either. It doesn’t mean that she doesn’t love you, or that she blames you. She needed to start over, and she needed to do it alone. You’re not the only person she left behind. And for the record, you don’t need to feel guilty about not loving her the same way you used to.”

Baekhyun sits up and stares at him in shock. “How do you know about that?”

Kris looks at him pityingly. “Every time you start feeling affection towards Jongdae it’s always laced with shame and guilt. You’re allowed to miss Taeyeon, and you’re allowed to call her your first love, but that feeling that you got when you talked about her in the beginning isn’t there anymore, even I can sense that. Jongdae didn’t replace her, you accepted that what you had with her is over. And that scares you, and it affects your relationship with Jongdae. Between the three of you, there is no bad guy. What happened to you and Taeyeon was horrible, and it probably would have driven you apart even if she had stayed. I guarantee you if Taeyeon was here right now, she’d be telling you to go find Jongdae. She would want you to be happy, just like you would want her to be happy.”

Baekhyun knew all that, really. Sometimes he just needs to hear it. “I don’t even know if Jongdae likes me,” he protests weakly.

Kris laughs. “Oh gods, Baekhyun, the between the two of you is so thick you could cut it with a plastic knife! Have you noticed that I can’t be in a room with the two of you at once?”

Baekhyun stares at him. “N-no…”

“Of course not,” Kris scoffs, “You’re too busy staring at Jongdae with hearts in your eyes.”

“I do NOT have hearts in my eyes!” Baekhyun screeches.

Kris shakes his head. “Oh, pumpkin.”

Baekhyun grabs Kris’ soju shot and gulps it down. “I’m going to kill Park Chanyeol,” he vows hoarsely.

When Kris drags him home Baekhyun slurs at him, “You know I was planning to ask you if Jongdae hated me, but you answered that question for me.” He pats Kris’ head. “You are a good man.”

“You could show your appreciation by remembering how to walk,” Kris groans, but Baekhyun is already passed out.

 

Baekhyun wakes up with his head in Jongdae’s lap. He pretends he’s still asleep, because Jongdae is playing with his hair and it feels really nice. But he only pretends for a little while because Jongdae’s breathing is irregular, like he’s crying. Sure enough when Baekhyun opens his eyes he realizes that Jongdae is in fact crying.

Baekhyun’s head is pounding but he ignores it and reaches up to touch Jongdae’s cheek. “What’s wrong?” He asks, his voice cracking.

Jongdae holds Baekhyun’s hand. “I’m sorry I yelled at you. I forgot what day it was. Or, what day it was close to, whatever the point is I realized I had screwed up as soon as you left.”

It takes Baekhyun a minute to remember what he’s talking about. “Oh!” He cries, “I forgive you, you don’t have to cry about it.” He sits up and wipes at Jongdae’s face, nearly poking him in the eye by accident. “Don’t cry,” he pleads, “I’m not mad at you.”

Jongdae hugs him and buries his face in Baekhyun’s shoulder. “I don’t want you to move out. I like sharing my room with you. I don’t care if you’re messy.”

Baekhyun pats his back. “I won’t leave. I never planned to anyway, you know how lazy I am.”

Jongdae laughs and hugs Baekhyun even more tightly. “I know we fight a lot, but you really are my best friend. I should say so more often.”

The word ‘best friend’ stings a little, but he remembers Kris saying something about last night and figures it must not be one sided. But he’s not going to say anything about that right now.

“So since I’m your best friend, can you get me some water and something for my head?”

Jongdae nods, but gives him a stern look. “Just this once, okay? Don’t get used to it.”

When Jongdae comes back with water, painkillers, and toast with raspberry jam, Baekhyun declares him the most wonderful human being on the planet and they spend the rest of the day snuggling in bed. The next day Baekhyun picks up his side of the room. He figures it’s the least he can do, since he made Jongdae cry.

 

 

 

Baekhyun doesn’t necessarily like clubbing, but he does like getting dressed up and drinking with his friends. It’s not often they can all go out at once, since doing so runs the risk of one of them being spotted, but they haven’t had a night out like this since before Sehun joined the team so Suho (Suho of all people) says that they have to go. When Suho suggests something fun, everyone knows it’s time to get out of the house. And since this is Sehun’s first time going clubbing ever, Baekhyun decides to have some fun by personally dressing him up. Tao ends up helping, only because Sehun has no appropriate clothing of his own and Tao is the only other one with a narrow waist and long legs that Baekhyun can steal clothing from. They get Sehun into a pair of jeans that are more rips than cloth, a silver tank top, and then Baekhyun sits him down and gets some eyeliner on him.

“Sehun, if you don’t go home with someone tonight I will take it as a personal insult,” Baekhyun tells him seriously. Sehun gets a look at his reflection and turns so red that Baekhyun’s afraid his eyeliner is going to melt off.

“I can’t go out like this!” He squeaks.

“Why?” Baekhyun asks, “You look ravishing.”

“Hyung,” Sehun whines, “You know I haven’t had my first kiss yet, right?”

“No!” Baekhyun gasps. Then he shrugs. “Well no time like the present. I gotta go get dressed myself, see you in a minute.”

After taking almost an hour to dress Sehun, Baekhyun only needs ten minutes for himself. Then again he’s done this before and he’s an expert. He ends up wearing all black and when he spots Jongdae coming out of the bathroom, Baekhyun sinks his teeth into his neck and screams “I AM DRACULA!”

Jongdae almost kills him for it, but when they leave the apartment and Jongdae is still sporting teeth marks, Baekhyun finds that he’s feeling very accomplished.

By the time they get to their destination, the club is already pretty full. Baekhyun expects that they’ll have to wait on line, but Suho (!!!!) walks up to the bouncer and greets him like an old friend, and then all twelve of them are inside.

“You scare me,” Baekhyun says to Suho. “Are you in fact the real Suho?”

Suho rolls his eyes and shouts over the music, “Shut up and drink, you don’t have to pay.”

Baekhyun takes a shot of something strong and then runs to Kris. “Kris I think Suho is in the mafia!” He screeches.

Kris laughs at him. “No, he’s not.”

“How do you know?” Baekhyun demands, but Kris just smirks at him and turns to start making out with Tao.

“Does everyone know something I don’t?” Baekhyun asks his empty shot glass.

Baekhyun does enjoy dancing, even though he at it, but it’s a club for crying out loud, nobody cares. Except maybe Kai, and possibly Yixing. Maybe Minseok too but that man’s hips were made for shaking so Baekhyun doesn’t count him as trying too hard. Baekhyun dances with everyone, he even wedges himself between Kris and Tao much to their amusement. Baekhyun is really glad he didn’t get stuck with a group of people who can’t appreciate a drunken or friendly tongue down their throat now and then. After an hour the only people he hasn’t danced with are Sehun and Jongdae, and Baekhyun’s saving Jongdae for last so he goes to drag Sehun away from the wall.

“Come my precious little vine,” Baekhyun croons at Sehun, “Come away from the wall, dance with me!”

Sehun shakes his head. “This isn’t dancing hyung, it’s with clothes on.”

“Do you even know what is?” Baekhyun asks.

Sehun turns bright red for about the tenth time that night. “I do!”

“I’m teasing you,” Baekhyun says. The song changes and Baekhyun goes up on his toes to scream into Sehun’s ear, “It’s just a bit of fun, nobody’s judging your performance.” He tugs on Sehun’s wrist, “Come on, we’ll get Kai to join us.”

Sehun follows Baekhyun to the crowd of dancers, along the way Baekhyun snags Kai from the bar and the three of them squirm into a good spot. Kai and Baekhyun sandwich Sehun between them, his back pressed to Kai’s front, and it’s pretty cute how shy he is, but there’s a glimmer in his eyes that Baekhyun recognizes—despite his protests, Sehun is having fun. And as they dance Baekhyun notices that Sehun’s eyes keep darting to his left, and when he follows Sehun’s gaze he sees that their youngest keeps glancing at Suho.

“Do you want to dance with him?” Baekhyun asks.

Sehun jumps. “Who?” he asks, cheeks pink.

Baekhyun giggles. “You little fox. You’ve had your eyes on Suho this whole time? You should go dance with him!”

Kai joins in, “Yeah, go over to him Sehun!”

Sehun shakes his head. “Guys he thinks I’m a kid, he doesn’t like me that way.”

Baekhyun laughs so hard he chokes. He pulls Sehun’s head down, makes eye contact with Suho across the room, and deliberately Sehun’s cheek.

“Hyung ew!” Sehun shrieks.

Suho glowers and runs over. He wraps his arms around Baekhyun in a fake hug and hisses in his ear, “Go finish what you started with Jongdae,” and then shoves him off so he can wrap Sehun up in his arms.

Baekhyun is positively cackling as he walks off. He spots Jongdae by the DJ’s speakers and makes his way over, tripping over absolutely nothing at the last second and falling right into Jongdae’s arms.

“Oops,” Baekhyun giggles.

Jongdae shoves him upright. “How much did you drink?” He laughs.

Baekhyun shrugs. “I don’t remember!” He tugs on Jongdae’s arm. “Come dance with me, I saved the best for last.”

Jongdae stares at him in amusement. “I’m the best?”

Baekhyun covers his mouth. “Did I say that out loud?” He asks, then he shrugs. “Oh well.”

“Baek, you know I’m an awful dancer,” Jongdae says.

“I don’t care,” Baekhyun whines. “You’re still the best, so come on!”

Jongdae doesn’t protest after that, allowing Baekhyun to drunkenly shove him into a better spot. Baekhyun wraps his arms around Jongdae’s waist and nuzzles his collarbone, swaying gently from side to side.

“Are we dancing, or snuggling?” Jongdae asks.

Baekhyun shrugs. “We are dancing,” he says. He inhales discreetly—Jongdae smells amazing.

Jongdae slips his hands into the back pockets of Baekhyun’s jeans. “You okay?” He asks.

“I’m a little drunk,” Baekhyun says automatically.

Jongdae hums and drops his head onto Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Are you really?” he asks, his lips tickling Baekhyun’s neck. Before Baekhyun can form a proper response there’s a sharp pain in his neck and he yelps.

“What the hell?” He almost staggers back, but Jongdae hauls him close again. Baekhyun feels his entire body heat up under the look Jongdae is giving him.

“I’ve been getting weird looks all night because of the bite you gave me earlier,” he explains. “Now we match.”

Baekhyun gapes at him, his head feels foggy. “Wha…?”

Jongdae smirks at him. “And for the record, I know what you’re like when you’re drunk. You’re not drunk right now.”

Baekhyun isn’t drunk—he’s had one shot since he got to the club, exactly for this reason. Except in his head, Baekhyun was the one who would be pulling Jongdae closer, turning him around, and rocking his hips forward. It seems like he and Jongdae have had similar thoughts about the night.

Baekhyun lets his head drop back onto Jongdae’s shoulder and falls back against him. If Jongdae wants to start this he’d better be ready to finish it. Though Baekhyun’s not sure exactly what it is that Jongdae is starting. The DJ goes through two more songs before Baekhyun stops thinking about the subtle brush of Jongdae’s cheek against his own and starts making his brain actually work.

“Would you come outside with me?” He yells into Jongdae’s ear.

Jongdae nods and leads the way, gripping Baekhyun’s hand tightly. They get stamps on the backs of their hands as they exit (at least now they won’t need to call Suho to get them back in) and walk a block before stopping. Jongdae leans against an old fence, Baekhyun stands a few steps in front of him.

“So what’s up?” Jongdae asks.

Baekhyun hasn’t thought this far ahead. “My ears were hurting.” It’s not a total lie, his ears are ringing.

Jongdae nods. “Why were you acting drunk, though?”

“Everyone else was drunk,” Baekhyun says.

“I’m not,” Jongdae points out. He rubs idly at the bite on his neck and Baekhyun’s stomach dips. Jongdae grins at him. “So why’d you give me this?”

Baekhyun gulps. “You know, just being me,” he says with a laugh.

Jongdae pushes off the fence. “You don’t usually go around biting people though. Not hard enough to leave a mark like this.” He steps closer. “Were you marking your territory?”

Baekhyun grins. “Yeah, I was. I couldn’t have anyone stealing you away, you know?”

Jongdae’s smile is genuinely ecstatic. “I know.”

Baekhyun does a double take. “You…you know?”

Jongdae nods.

“What do you know?” Baekhyun asks.

“That you probably want to kiss me right now,” Jongdae says.

Baekhyun’s entire brain screeches to a halt and the only thing he thinks is ‘How does he know that?

“How do you know that?”

Jongdae stops a few inches away from Baekhyun and his smile turns sheepish. “You talk in your sleep.”

“Oh,” Baekhyun says. “Um…okay.” He laughs nervously. “Well, yeah I kind of do want to kiss you. For a while now, actually.”

 “Why didn’t you?” Jongdae asks.

“Good question,” Baekhyun says. “I guess…wow you’re really close. I guess because I was…I didn’t want to make things awkward?”

“Does this feel awkward?” Jongdae asks.

“No,” Baekhyun whispers.

Jongdae is so close. “Then kiss me.”

Well, if you insist,’ Baekhyun thinks, and he closes his eyes and goes for it. He keeps it short and sweet, because at the moment he doesn’t have the mental capacity for anything more. His brain is mostly a mess of ‘I’m kissing Jongdae oh my god I’m kissing Jongdae’ than focusing on the mechanics of it. Baekhyun leans back after a few seconds. His heart is pounding and he thinks he’s never going to stop smiling, and he’s nervous that Jongdae doesn’t feel the same, but Jongdae is smiling just as widely as he is and Baekhyun leans in to kiss him again. Just as soft and sweet as the first time, but now he’s aware of how soft Jongdae’s lips are under his own and he reaches up to cup Jongdae’s face in his hands.

Jongdae pulls back and presses his lips to Baekhyun’s cheek, and he whispers, “Pumpkin.”

Baekhyun is ecstatic for two seconds before what Jongdae said actually registers with him and he pulls away, ready to scream bloody murder at Park ing Chanyeol, but then Jongdae grabs him and shoves his tongue into Baekhyun’s open mouth.

Baekhyun’s not sure how long it takes them to finally stop for air but by the time they do he’s gone light headed and it feels like he’ll never get the taste of Jongdae’s tongue out of his mouth. Jongdae sees his expression and grins at him. “Good?” He asks, his lips.

Baekhyun mimics the gesture and nods. “Very,” he answers hoarsely. “And we’ll talk about that forbidden word later.”

He grabs Jongdae’s collar and shoves him back against the fence. Jongdae’s laugh is cut short when Baekhyun leans in and bites down hard on his lower lip, then right into his mouth. Jongdae groans and curls his fingers into Baekhyun’s hair, pulling him even closer. Baekhyun presses his body against Jongdae’s and wishes to every higher being he can think of that he would open his eyes and they’d be home. Or maybe not since the rooms aren’t completely sound proof.

Jongdae pulls back, gasping for air. “So,” he pants, “The other night…” He trails off as Baekhyun kisses the bite mark he’d left on Jongdae’s neck earlier. “The other night,” he says again, “In your sleep, you said something about legs…” he gasps when Baekhyun bites a little harder than he’d originally intended. “What was it?”

“Right,” Baekhyun mutters against Jongdae’s neck. “I remember that. I probably said something like ‘I want to wrap my legs around your head.’”

“Oh,” Jongdae laughs, “I’m hoping you meant that in an entirely ual way.”

“I did,” Baekhyun confirms.

Jongdae tugs Baekhyun away from his neck. “You still want to do that?”

Baekhyun nods eagerly. “Let’s go somewhere besides home, though. the others won’t be out for that long.”

Jongdae laughs and grabs Baekhyun’s hand. “I like the way you think.”

 

 

 

 

I wrote this while alternating listening to JYJ's ‘Babo Boy’ and ‘Back Seat.’ I originally wanted to call this story ‘Babo Boy’ but I changed it at the last minute to a lyric from the song.

I think next time around, we’ll finally get to see the group go on an assignment!