Missing You

Story Of Us, What is Virtual Anyway?!

On a quiet evening while laying on his bed, Jang Woo Young is looking at his phone, contemplating. His mind flies to several hours ago, when he spend his time with Park Se Young, filming WGM. Unknowingly, a smile creeps to his face, but moments later a sudden loneliness dawns on him. He makes up his mind, he press no. 3 on his speed dial.

PARK SE YOUNG (PSY): yoboseyo..
JANG WOO YOUNG (JWY): yeobo...
psy: wae...
jwy: eungg.. I miss you..
psy: but we spend almost a whole day together
jwy: so? Am I not allowed to miss you? I hate you! *pouting*
psy: what did you just say? Ok then, maybe we shouldn’t meet again.
jwy: yeoboooooooo... *fake crying ensues*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
psy: aaaaaawwww... come on yeobo, don’t get mad.
jwy: hmmm... 
psy: what is it?
jwy: if you don’t want me to get mad, send me your picture now.
psy: what picture? You already have tons of it on your phone
jwy: yeobo... But I want a new one
psy: ok, wait a moment



*Cling! image sent*
 

jwy: yeobo... don’t go anywhere.

psy: why?

jwy: I’m coming to your house right now! 

Wooyoung immediately hangs up, so se young didn’t have time to react.

 

15 minutes later, Woo Young is standing in front of Se Young’s front gate, busy with his phone.

jwy: come out please, I’m in front of your house.
psy: whaaat??

Se Young runs to her window, and there he is, standing in front of her gate, waving. She’s in utter disbelief, but she feels excitement at the exact same time. Being impatient, Woo Young rings the bell.
*ding dong*

Se Young’s mom moves towards the door, but stops halfway because Se Young is running right past her.
psy: mom, let me open the door, it’s woo young.
mom: woo young? he’s here? but you met him today, didn’t you?
psy: aaahh, you know how he has trouble sleeping at night before seeing me.

mom: aigoo... you two sounds so cheesy..

dad: tsk.. yeobo, we were young once, you should understand.

Se Young’s dad said this with his eyes glued to the tv watching Running Man. Mom walks back to her seat next to dad, a smile lingers on mom’s face watching her youngest daughter skipping in joy while walking to the front door.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she opens the door, Se Young sees someone who she wants to see the most. There he is standing, the man she adores so much, Jang Woo Young. He looks like an ordinary man missing his girlfriend, with a hint of longing in his eyes, without the beastly idol image he usually puts up on stage.

With black/white striped sweater and a hoodie covering almost all his hair, plain white t-shirt, black jeans and his favorite black sneakers, Jang Woo Young looked perfect in Park Se Young’s eyes. Indeed, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. From the sparkles in Se Young’s eyes, it’s obvious that she misses him as much as he misses her. But Se Young immediately puts on an annoyed look. A little teasing wouldn’t hurt anyone, right?

psy: what are you doing in my house at this hour?
jwy: yeoboo...

Woo Young didn’t think much, he takes a step forward and grab Se Young’s hand, pulling her into his arms.. But Se Young immediately takes a step back, she gives Woo Young an intense look while putting one hand on Woo Young’s chest.

psy: woo young-ah, people can see us! and my parents is inside.

Jang Woo Young dropped his hands with a look of resignation on his face.

psy: Aigoo.. what’s wrong with you?
jwy: I feel like I’ve been rejected 

Park Se Young doesn’t have the heart to continue her so-called annoyance in front of this man, she grabbed woo young’s right hand and just like that their hands intertwines.

jwy: are you going somewhere?
psy: no. Why? 
jwy: what’s with the outfit?

psy: what is it? Anything wrong?

jwy: who are you trying to seduce? (asking an obvious question with an obvious answer)

That night Se Young wears a simple white sleveless top with black shorts, fit to her slim yet plump body. Her wavy bobbed hair is in a slight mess, adding a natural look of beauty on her face. Woo Young just love seeing Se Young’s bare face.


psy: I’m sorry, I didn’t have time to put on some make-up
jwy: yeobo... you already look stunning without one
psy: really?
jwy: yeah! Hey, do you change your clothes?
psy: of course! The one I was wearing earlier is special for the picture I’ve sent you.
jwy: tsk... you naughty girl! (pushes se young’s head)

Woo Young hugs her, she didn’t put up a fight, but after about two seconds she tries to break free.

jwy: can we just stay like this for another.. 10 minutes? 
psy: let’s go inside and greet my parents first. After that..
jwy: what? (woo young looks excited and expecting)
psy: you can watch running man with my father

jwy: yeobooooo..

Se Young puts down the hoodie that covers Woo Young’s head and starts to smooths his hair with her hands. Being in a hurry, he didn’t have the time to put any hair product, his hair looks kinda messy.

jwy: how do I look?!
psy: awesome as always... (se young ogles her eyes)

jwy: liar! I called you right after I got out from the shower, and then you sent me that picture. And I lost it.. I come here without thinking.

Se Young talks sternly while holding Woo Young’s face in her arms


psy: woo young-ah, it doesn’t matter to me. I like you on stage, off stage, yesterday, now, and probably many years to come. So don’t worry too much my beastly baby.

Finally, Se Young takes his hand and lead woo young inside.

 

Woo Young greets se young’s mom and dad with a bow.


jwy: eomeonim, abeonim, annyeonghaseyo.
mom: aah, woo young-a, have you eaten?

dad: Aigoo.. you should eat more, you look thin. With the upcoming 2PM’s comeback, you need more energy. Ah, se young’s mom cooked eel today, you should have a bite, it’s good for your health.

jwy: thank you eomeonim, abeonim, but I already have dinner.
mom: oh come on. It’s actually our dinner time.

Se Young’s mom stands up and nudges her husband’s arm, who’s still busy watching yoo jae suk babbling about what game to play next.


mom: woo young-ah, don’t be too hard on yourself, you should eat more. Come on, make yourself at home.


Once more, Woo Young refused politely. He didn’t come to eat dinner anyway.

jwy: but I’m already full, eomeonim..
eobeonim: you should accompany us at the dinner table then
psy: come on woo young-ah

Se young doesn’t have the nerve to call woo young “yeobo” in front of her parents. This time, Se Young uses her pleading eyes, this girl is so full of ammunition. Woo Young obediently complies.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the dining room

Se young’s dad sits at the head of the table, mom is on his left side, next to her is Se Young. Woo young sits right across Se Young.


Mom: woo young-ah, are you really not going to eat?
jwy: I’m eating eomeonim.. thank you..
psy: mom, I don’t think I’m gonna eat, I’m on a diet.
jwy: you should eat too, you look ugly when you’re thin.
psy: excuse me? (se young glares at woo young)

While mom and dad is busy with their food, Woo Young does something spontaneously. Something a person in their right mind wouldn’t do in the presence of their in-laws. He stretches his leg under the table to poke at Se Young’s legs. Fortunately, Se Young haven’t start eating yet or she would’ve choked on her food, being surprise over Woo Young’s abrupt action. What everybody doesn’t realize, Park Se Young feels something inside her that she can’t quite describe, is it a warm tingle?