Nothing More

Take My Hand, Pull Me Close

A/N: Inspired by Gabe Bondoc's song, "Nothing More" 

Italics= the Past

Bold= Song lyrics
 

“Jessica would you please calm down?” Taeyeon pleaded as Jessica paced back and forth. “I don’t understand what you’re so worried about.”


“What if she says no, Taeng? I don’t know if I’m going to be able to take it if she does that.  I would probably crumble into pieces, right in front of all of our friends. It’d be like a truck had hit me at 100 miles per hour.” She stopped for a moment, sighed, and placed her hand on her head. She was incredibly stressed out. 


“Quit being so overdramatic. Do you honestly believe that Fany would say no to you? After all you’ve been through together? 10 years does not account for nothing Sica. She always stuck by your side, no matter what the situation. I mean, sure you guys had your fair share of downs, but both of you found ways to get through them. You always say follow your heart, right? Well, your heart has been leading you to her for these past several years and I’m sure that it refuses to go any other direction, as cheesy and cliché as that sounds” she grinned.

 

“You dork” Jessica chuckled, which caused Taeyeon to glare at her. She then wrapped the girl in her arms and brought her close, softly embracing her. “Thank you. You’re right, I was overstressing” she said and let her go


“No problem and besides, the worst thing that could happen is that she says that she needs more time and isn’t ready.” She catches Jessica’s worried expression slowly creeping onto her face. “ Don’t worry, she won’t. Trust me. Trust your lovable, confident, gorgeous, and wonderful best friend” she flashed a smile.


“Conceited much?”


“Conceited? I prefer the term confident.”


“Yeah, yeah whatever. If she does need time, I’ll respect her decision whole-heartedly.”


“Aww you’re so cute. You love her so so so much.” She teased. “Sica and Fany sitting in a tree, f-u-c—“


“Shut up midget.  Anyways, when are the others showing up?” she questioned.


“They’ll be here in a bit. I told them to take Fany shopping before heading here.”


“That’s a horrible idea. She would grab every single piece of clothing she passes by. I’m just glad I don’t have to be there. I could already imagine her voice. “Jessi what do you think? Jessi would this look good on me? Jessi does this blouse go with these jeans? Jessi should I get this?” she imitated. “Over and over again” she sighed.


“Yeah, you totally owe them. I just know Sunny’s going to kill me after this. You don’t know how long it took for me to convince her to go along with it” she shook her head.


Jessica giggled. “Sorry Taengoo. Oh, and remind me to thank your dad for letting us close off the restaurant today. It’d be awkward, well at least for me, doing this with other people around.”


“Yah what about me?! ”


“ What about you? Just kidding. Thank you, again. Also remind me to tell the chefs, I really appreciate them doing this as well. ”


“You’re welcome. I will and I’m sure they don’t mind. They love you anyways. You’re always so nice to them.  You should probably go prep now Sica. I just got a text from Yul. They’re on their way. Get them vocal chords ready. Shake it off, but don’t shake it off like Taylor Swift in her music video. Gross.”


“Don’t worry I won’t be. Alright I will, hopefully it all goes well.”  Jessica walked towards her bag, sitting near the stage, and retrieved her ukulele from its case. She had received her ukulele for Christmas from Tiffany. She thought it was the perfect gift, as she would always play her old ukulele in her spare time. Engraved near the bridge of the instrument was her name, or her nickname “Jessi ”, as Tiffany would affectionately call her, with a smiley face right next to it.


She began strumming the ukulele softly. Afterwards, she placed it back in its case and tucked it under her arm. She then grabbed the handle of her bag, which contained her amp, with her right hand and carried it up the stairs of the stage. On the stage was a microphone stand with the mike already equipped to it. She set both her ukulele and her amp down.


Jessica reached into her pocket and pulled out a small pink box. She looked at it and took a deep breath. This was all or nothing and she knew it all too well.

~

Tiffany and the rest of their friends arrived shortly. They all looked extremely tired from shopping, of course with exception from the latter. Taeyeon had pulled on the curtains to hide the stage previously, to avoid suspicion arising from them other than friendly get together over dinner.


 They all had sat at one big table and began ordering food. Sooyoung and Yoona had ordered the most, complaining to the waiters that their feet hurt so much from walking and needed as much nourishment as possible. Jessica couldn’t keep her eyes off Tiffany throughout the night. There was so much going through her head and the thought that she would be performing soon only increased her heartbeat further.


There she was, the person who could make her smile just from seeing her smile. There she was, the person who had changed her for the better and had taken her out of her own darkness by showing her the light, showing her that there was much more to life that she had known. There she was, the person whom she’d do almost anything for. There she was, the love of her life, right before her eyes.


Jessica did not know what she did in her past life to deserve her, but she would always be forever thankful. She felt Taeyeon nudge her side, signaling her that it was time. They had just finished eating their main courses and were now waiting for their deserts to arrive. She slid her chair out and stood up from the table.


“Where are you going Jessi?” Tiffany asked and held her hand.


“You’ll see Fany-ah” she patted Tiffany’s hand and let go. She gulped and gazed at Taeyeon who nodded. It was show time. She pushed her chair in and made her way towards the stage. One of the workers pulled on the curtains, revealing the microphone stand along with her amp and case.  Jessica started walking up the stairs.


“Mmah, we get dinner and a song sang to us? Amathing!” Sooyoung exclaimed with food still in . She was always the slowest eater of the group. She stated that she wanted to savor every last bite and that it why she always took so long in comparison.


“Shut up! Don’t talk with your mouth full” Hyoyeon slapped her on the shoulder.


“Woah she’s actually going to sing? Jessica never does that, no matter how much we ask her too. I’m excited. She apparently has a nice voice, according to Tiffany” Yoona commented. Speaking of Tiffany, the girl had her eyes wide open as to what was going to occur. Something must be up, and she couldn’t quite figure it out.


“Mike check, 1, 2, 1, 2” Jessica said as she plugged her amp cable into her ukulele. “Cool, everything works. Anyways, hi everyone! I’m Jessica, as you all know.”


“Duh! Who do you think we are?!” Sooyoung yelled which caused her to get scolded once more.


“I know is kind of weird, seeing me on stage and stuff. But, everything will make sense in a few moments.” She cleared . “Before anything, can I ask Tiffany to come near the stage?” One of the workers at a chair and placed it in front of the stage so she could sit.


Tiffany slowly got out of her chair and walked towards that direction, unsure of what was going on. She then sat down, looking at Jessica straight in the eyes.


“Hi Fany-ah” Jessica said nervously. “How are you doing?”


“Good. What’s going on Jessi?”


“Um…”


“Oh my god is this day supposed to be important? I’m so sorry!” Tiffany panicked. “I know it’s not our anniversary, that’s for sure. Wait I’m trying to think, please don’t get offended. Is it the--”


“Fany-ah just relax,” she pleaded. “And no you didn’t forget anything so don’t worry.” She took a breath and starting strumming her ukulele.  She began to sing.


I'm not a very good cook
But I’d learn if you’d like me to



“I made this for you” she beamed while placing the pasta on the table.


“Oh, great” Tiffany chuckled while rubbing the back of her head.


“Yah, why do you look so nervous! I worked hard on this!”


“Okay, okay chill out” she replied, not wanting to offend the latter.  She took a bite of the pasta and grimaced. “Jessi you put too much salt” she stuck out her tongue and drank from her cup of water.



And I’m a little bit messy
But I’ll clean up my mess for you



, you need to clean up your room” she scolded. “There are socks, shirts, pants and all sorts of clutter everywhere. There better not be any bugs in here.”


“What are you, my mom?” Jessica retorted and laid back down the bed.


“No, I’m your girlfriend and when we move in together you have to be clean.”


“Wait, so we are moving in together? Like next week?” 



“Easy there tiger, when the time is right” she patted her on the head. 


I watch a lot of TV
But I will turn it off if you ask me to



“Hey!” Jessica yelled as Tiffany turned off the TV. “It was getting good,” she pouted.


“Get off your right now, we’re going out to eat.”


“B-b-b-ut.”


“You act like you can’t record your show” Tiffany argued.


“B-b-but. It’s not the same live” she frowned.


“Yah Jessica Jung, I’m giving you 15 minutes to go up and change, or else you’re not touching me for the rest of the week” she threatened.


“Fine” she grumbled and stood up from the couch. Tiffany found this extremely cute.


She pecked her on cheek. “I love you” her eyes formed crescents.


“I love you too.”

 

I’ll do it all if you just say I do


“I do? Wait, y-you don’t m-mean” Tiffany stuttered.

I’m not the type to play a sport
But I’ll play on a team with you



“No” she folded her arms.


“Pleaseeeeee.”


“No. There’s nothing you can do that will make me play basketball with you, Sunny and Taeyeon. You know how athletically challenged I am.”


“But Jessi..”


“Don’t but Jessi me. My feet are firmly planted on ground” she looked away to avoid her gaze.


“Fine…do what you want” Tiffany walked away from her. Jessica sighed. She knew the girl was really sad right now and sad Tiffany wouldn’t forgive her for weeks. She didn’t want to deal with that. Plus, she wasn’t even asking for much. Jessica couldn’t bear seeing a frown on that beautiful face.


“For Fany… For Fany” Jessica muttered. “Hey guys!” Sunny, Taeyeon and Tiffany turned around. “Um, I’m down for a 2 on 2.”


Tiffany smiled brightly. Oh god, she was going to embarrass herself.



And when I jog I get bored
But I’ll take up a trail or two.



“Let’s go running!”


“How about no” Jessica replied.


“Why not?”


“One, I get bored. Two, I hate running and there’s no way I’ll go with you so don’t even try.” Tiffany stood there, with her hands on her hips.

~

“Can we…slow down…. A little” Jessica huffed and bent down, holding her knees in exhaustion.


“Are you serious? We’ve only been running for 10 minutes” Tiffany raised her eyebrow.


“You should know that I never run, like ever. Never run no matter how late you are, that’s my motto. Or in this case, never run ever.”


“That’s not an excuse. If anything, that’s the reason why you should run more. Forget your motto. Besides, a couple that runs together stays together. Don’t you want stay together?” she grinned and Jessica narrowed her eyes in response.


“Ugh, you’re lucky that I love you” she stood back up and took a sip from her bottle of water.


“Stop complaining. Now, if you’re lucky, you might get a massage later on” she winked before starting to run again.


Jessica shook her head and followed.


Don’t know what hiking is for
Cause I’m on top of the world when I’m with you



“Okay, 1..2..3!” the person said and snapped their picture.


“Thank you so much!” Tiffany replied. “Come on Jessi, let’s go down” she tugged on her arm.


“W-wait not so fast” Jessica trembled as she stared down the cliff. She had no idea why she agreed with her to go hiking. She was terribly afraid of heights. One slip and both of them would fall towards their deaths. Potato chip rock? More like the Rock of Death” She gulped.


“Stop being such a baby. Here, hold my hand” she reached out her hand and Jessica grabbed it. “Aaah! Not so tight! You’re going to break my hand!” She loosened her grip a bit. “Relax Jessica you’ll be safe, I promise. Just keep looking at me, eyes always on me.”


Jessica nodded and they safely made their way out of harms way. Tiffany retrieved her camera from the random photographer and looked at the photo.


“Jessica you didn’t smile!” The picture showed a grinning Tiffany and terrified looking Jessica.


“Well, I’m sorry! I can’t smile when I’m about to fall to my death!” she rebutted.



But I’ll do it all if you just say I do.  

Just say I do
There’s nothing more that I'll ask of you
Please say I do
After you say it then I will too
Just say you do-do-do-do-do
And it'll be-be ju-just us two
I'll do it all if you just say …

~


“Do you, Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, take Jessica Jung Sooyeon to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love, to honor and cherish her in sickness and in health, through times of happiness and uncertainty, until death do you part?”


“I do,” she says as she looks at Jessica with eyes full of love and affection.


Tiffany Hwang loves Jessica Jung.


Jessica Jung loves Tiffany Hwang.

 

And there was nothing more in their lives that they had wanted.


FIN