Two.

Don't Forget Me

Donghae dashed through the hospital hallways. Ward 421. He stopped right in front of the door and slide in open. There she was. Sitting on her bed, looking out the window in a daze. 

"Dara-yah" Donghae embraced the petite woman in his arm.

"Hmmm?" Dara replied lazily. She was still weak from the surgery she has went through a week ago. Still in a daze, she withdrew from the hug to look at the man in front of her. The two made eye contact and slowly leaned towards each other to go in for a kiss. 

Donghae was caught up in the moment that he forgot that the both of them were no longer together. He draws back from her and forced out a cough.

"Why did you do that?" he suddenly remembered.

"Did what?" 

"Why'd you jump Dara?" he got up from his seat by the bed.

"I what?" 

"What are you talking about? You're like this because you tried to kill yourself by jumping off a building right after I left you alone" 

"I did?"

"Huh? Wait. You mean you don't remember?" 

Dara shooked her head, confused as to why Donghae was raising his voice at her after avoiding her kiss.

"I-I don't remember anything. It's all jumbled up in pieces in my head. The last thing I remember is that you picked me up at my house for a date" She replied with a weak voice. 

"Well I'm sorry Miss Park, it seems like you're suffering from amnesia. It's no surprise judging from the injury to your head. You'll remember again, however we can't really say how long." the doctor walked in with a clipboard in his hands. 

"Apart from that, you're recovering just fine" he conitnued as he scan through the papers on the clipboards, "The tests shows that there's no damages to your nerves, the blood test went well. Looks like you're all set for discharge." 

Donghae watched as the doctor head towards the door to exit. All of a sudden he stopped in his footsteps and turned towards Donghae. 

"One more thing, physical, emotional, mental stress. None of that. It'll disrupt her recovery pace, it'll expose her to other complications. I'm talking about seondary infections. So take note, Miss Park's friend. Take care of her" with those last words, he exits the room, leaving the two alone again. 

"Whoa, thank god I'm fine. I've been asleep for almost one week. Can yo believe it?" Dara spoke up, in hopes to lift up the serious atmosphere set by the doctor's visit earlier on. 

"Y-yeah. Ha.ha..." Donghae caught by surprised. He was initially lost in his thoughts. Worried at how he was gonna break it to her that they're not together anymore. He can't possibly break the news to her now. She has practically no one. An orphan, she has been all alone all her life until she met Donghae. If she were to found out now, it could cause her emotional stress and they don't want that now do we. 

"Donghae-ah, why did I jump though. That's strange. Where did you go again? You said you left me alone." 

The room went silent. Donghae looked at her. Dara awaiting an answer, stared intensely at him. 

"I er....I sorta...." Donghae's heart was racing. He could have sworn Dara was able his racing heart in that silent room. 

Oh my god. What do I say. .

"I went to the toilet" Donghae replied. He clenched his fist after hearing the words that left his mouth. He didn't know what to do or if it was the right choice. To lie to her and keep quiet on their break up.

"Oh." Dara's eyes fluttered. "Okay then." 

She held out her hand, inviting Donghae to accept it with his. He reach out and grap her small hands and sat by the edge of the bed with her. 

She leaned in towards him for a kiss. But again, he dodges it by instead, kissing her forehead and stood back up. Surprised, Dara felt that something was a miss. 

"Let's pack up, I'll send you home." Donghae immediately changed the topic. "Be right back." 

He brisk out the door and close it behind him, leaving the girl alone. Unknowing to him, tears were welling up in his eyes. He leaned on the wall as he clench his fist and place it on his chest. 

"This is wrong, this is wrong." He chanted to himself. "She's only going to get hurt. What are you doing Donghae"