One.

Don't Forget Me

"I'm sorry." Donghae muttered. 

He looked into the eyes of the woman whom he have been together with for two years with a heavy heart.

"Let's break up." He could feel the lump in his throat as his eyes starts to tear up. The soft hand that he was holding in his slowly begin to withdraw. 

"Wh...why. Did I do something wrong?" Dara's voice was shaking as she spoke. It only made it harder for Donghae. He looked away, couldn't bear the sight of her tears streaming down her cheeks. 

"Just tell me. Did I do something wrong? Cause I promise I'll do better, I'll change. Just...don't leave me." Dara continued. Her tears began to fall. She didn't care how silly she sounded, this was something that never crossed her mind. For 2 years, she never thought of breaking up with him. The relationship with him wasn't perfect but it wasn't bad to have cause him to want to break up with her as far as she knows. 

"It doesn't matter anymore" Donghae replied.

"Yes it does. Please don't do this." Dara's voice broke as her question turned into begging. 

"I'm sorry, I don't love you anymore" with that he turned his back and walked away. 

"No, please. Donghae please." She grabbed onto his hand before he went out of her reach. With his back facing her, she couldn't see the crying man. The image she had of him in her head in that moment was that of a cruel emotionless man.

Donghae tried his best to hide his tears, not turning back, he muster up the courage to pull his hand away from her grip. 

"Let go of me." with that last few words, he walked away her. 

He could her crying fading off into the distance as he walk. However, as for him, his crying only got louder. He place his palm over his mouth to muffled his crying. As he reached his car, he got in and sat there crying his heart out in the dark. Smacking his steering wheel repeatedly to let go of his frustration, anger and all the emotions vent up in him at once. He hated what he had just did but he was certain that that was how he wanted. To end the relationship. 

The next morning, Donghae was woken up by the sound of his ringtone. He fluttered his eyes open and looked around his surrounding trying to regconise where he was. He had apparently fell asleep while crying in his car at the exact same spot as yesterday night. It looks like he didn't budge at all from his seat after breaking up with Dara. It only reminded him about what happen yesterday. 

"Mwoh?" He answer the call, sounding angst and groggy. 

"Hyung, it's Dara. She's admitted to hospital, come quick" the voice at the other end of the line was showing signs of urgency and distress.

Without even replying, he hang up the phone and his car engine. He sped to the hospital fearing the worst. He imagined all the worst possible situations that could happen if he don't reach in time. He had to see her.

"Lee Donghae, this is all your fault. Goddamnit" he cursed himself while hitting his steering in anger. 

At the hospital he met up with his friend who was seated outside the operating theatre waiting area. 

"Kyuhyun ah. Where is she?" panting, Donghae came running down the hallway.

"Hyung! She's in there right now. She tried to jump off a building. But thank god the impact wasn't enough to kill her. Are you okay?" Kyuhyun explained with a calm voice. He knows how much she meant to him. Keeping calm and trying to calm him down is the best he can do since they don't know the full situation yet. He didn't want his friend to jump to conclusion and go berserk. He was aware of his friend's tendency to go violent whenever he's stressed.

"Ahhhh screw this . It's all my fault!" Donghae punched the wall beside him. The whole hallway's attention turned towards him. But he couldn't care less, his anger turned into regret as he broke down in tears. He turned to his dongsaeng and slumps his body onto him. Kyuhyun welcomed it with a hug as he lends his shoulder to his distraught friend. 

The minutes felt like hours as they sat outside waiting. Donghae paced back and forth, worrying endlessly. His eyes were bloodshot from all the crying. He felt restless. Waiting and waiting. 

Hours have passed and finally the doctor came out of the operating theater.

"Doctor, how is she?" Donghae approached the doctor along with Kyuhyun behind him. 

The doctor looked around and asked, "Are you two her family?" 

"No, I'm her....." Donghae replied, stopping halfway.

"Friend." he continued with a tinge of hesitation.

"Friend?" Kyuhyun echoed after, confused.

"We had to perform craniotomy to attend to the brain hermorrhage. In her case, the bleeding wasn't that severe. She'll survive. We just have to wait for her to wake up." 

With that, the doctor walked off to attend to his next patient. 

Donghae slumps his body back onto the chair outside the operating theatre. 

"Kyuhyun ah, I have no idea what he just said but I'm glad she's alive" He said, followed by a sigh of relief. He leaned his head back onto the seat and faced the ceiling. He stared intensely, lost in his thoughts. 

"I'm hurting her whether I'm with or without her. I should just.....kill myself" Donghae murmured under his breath. Unknowing to him, a drop of tear trinkled down his cheek.