Part 1

Wedding Planner

(Taeyeon POV)

“Babe, are you sure this company is reliable?” I asked my fiancé who seemed too excited to meet the wedding planner.

“Tae, Seohyun recommended this company. We know how Seohyun is a perfectionist and all so I doubt they’re gonna screw up our wedding.” Stephen assured me before giving me a quick peck on the lips.

The wedding planner’s office is nearby my apartment, which I couldn’t help, but to be thankful for. I’ll be honest. I’m excited for this wedding and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with Stephen but God, how I hate planning.

The idea of having to sit and discuss about ideas, guest list, design work etc. is just urghhh.

“We’re here!” Stephen announced. I swear this guy is a lot more excited than I am.

“Yippie” I faked my enthusiasm but does he cares? No.

I took a deep breath before getting dragged into the office. Holy . This office is chic as hell. You could tell that a young lady runs this office from all the decorations and that lovely scent of sweet strawberries.

“Hello! Welcome to Blanc Wedding Services! We make your dreams come true!” I eyed the receptionist. A tanned lady, who is probably around my age and has a charming smile. Wow she’s hot.

“Hi. We’re looking for a wedding planner for our wedding.”

“Isn’t that what everyone is looking for here? Hehe. I’m Yuri. Do you guys have an appointment?” Yuri asked.

“Nope. Were we supposed to have one?” Clearly Stephen and I didn’t book any appointment.

“It’s ok. Have a seat.” She pointed to a couch near the entrance. “I’ll call for one of the planners. Feel free to help yourselves with the cupcakes.”

 

*

 

(Jessica POV)

“Boss, there’s this adorable couple outside.”

“Yuri, you think all our clients are adorable.”

“But this lady is so cute in size and her fiancé is just so handsome with those eye smiles.”

I stared at my receptionist before pushing her gently aside.

“I’ll be the judge of that.”

 

*

 

“Hello. Welcome to Bl- Taeyeon?”

“Jessi?” She asked. Is fate trying to play tricks on me? And why is my stomach fluttering?

“You know each other?” The guy asked. Oh Mr Eyesmile.

“Yeah. Um. Jessi, I mean, Jessica was my high school best friend.” I heard Taeyeon explained. Wow. Really now. Best friend?

The atmosphere in the office became so tense until Yuri cleared .

“Yuri was right, you really are an adorable pair. Let’s um, let’s discuss this in my room.”

 

*

 

Three weeks has passed since the first meeting with Taeyeon and her fiancé. It feels weird calling someone else Taeyeon’s fiancé when I was once hers. Yeah, Taeyeon hid the truth from her fiancé. Yes, I was her high school best friend but she left out the part that I am also her ex-wife.

We were high school sweethearts. Everyone envied our relationship and people kept saying we were the perfect couple. True, we were the perfect couple. After graduating from university, we finally decided to settle down. Taeyeon popped the question at our 7th year anniversary and of course, I said yes.

Things went well until our 10th year anniversary. Her parents asked the most important question, when were we going to give them grandchildren. Since then, things went downhill. We argued a lot.

Neither of us was ready to have kids. Yes, we had been together for some time but we were both at the peak of our career and we were selfish enough to push aside everything else to focus on our career, her being a lawyer and myself being a psychiatrist.

It didn’t take us long to realize that it was time to go separate ways. It was the best for both of us and the divorce was a mutual agreement. Since then, we had never crossed paths. Taeyeon moved out, and I had the penthouse apartment to myself.

I thought the old flame had been put out after seeing her walked out the door of our penthouse but who am I fooling? I couldn’t move on. Just like that saying about never forgetting your first love, I never got over her.

That was when I decided to quit my job as a psychiatrist and start my own business as a wedding planner/consultant. Seeing others happy and helping them fulfil their dreams gave me a sense of accomplishment.

The buzzing sounds from my phone brought me back to reality and I checked it. To my surprise, it was Taeyeon calling.

“Hey Jessica?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you busy?”

I had tons of paperwork to finish but that could wait, “No, not at all.”

“Great. Um, Stephen can’t make it for today’s appointment and I have to attend to a case so I’ll be slightly late. I’m sor-.”

I cut her off before she apologized. “No worries, Taeyeon. You can drop by any time you want ok?”

“Really?” She sounded surprise.

“I understand your situation.”

“Thank you Jessica. I have to go now. I’ll see you later. Bye.”

Before I could even bid farewell, she hung up on me. A huge grin made its way to my face and I clutched my phone to my chest. I’m seeing her alone later!!

“Well someone is in a good mood.” Yuri’s voice interrupted my train of thoughts.

“Yah! Don’t you know how to knock?”

“I did! I swear! Well here are the documents you needed.” She placed two files on my table and quickly made her way out.

 

*

 

“Taeyeon are you listening?” I asked the girl sitting opposite me. This was the third time I caught her dozing off.

“Huh? Uh um yeah.” She nodded and cutely rubbed her eyes.

“You must be tired. Let’s continue this some other day.” I closed the file that contained samples of wedding bouquets and stood up to gather the other files she had looked through before. I managed to get a glimpse of the time from the clock on the wall. It’s 11:09 pm.

She grabbed one of my hands that was busy and whispered, “I’m sorry Jessica. You had to open your office till late and I wasn’t even helping you since I fell asleep.”

I couldn’t help but smile at how adorable she looked. “It’s ok Taeyeon. You must be tired and since you rushed here from your workplace, I’m guessing you didn’t even have dinner?”

As though on cue, her stomach growled loudly. Her cheeks instantly turned rosy red.

“Someone is hungry.” I teased and she tried to hide her blush.

“Let’s go for midnight snacks. There’s this really nice ahjumma who sells the most delicious spicy rice cakes.” Taeyeon suggested.

Before I knew it, Taeyeon had dragged me out of the office. After making sure I had locked all the doors and gates, she drove us to the stall nearby. We were quite disappointed as the stall was closed.

“Uh, Jessica, do you wanna come over to my place? I live nearby. We can order some fried chicken.” Taeyeon asked and she was all shy. I had almost squished those adorable cheeks of hers.

“I don’t mind.” So we made our way to her car again. The ride was pretty quiet so I thought of starting a conversation.

“You changed your car?”

“Um, yeah. I got tired of my old one and thought a change was good.”

“Ohh.” I had thought that there were more reasons as to why she changed her car. A little part of me had hoped that it was because of me since I have always had a thing for Mini Coopers.

The remaining ride was spent in silence and I was thankful because it was only a short ride.

 

*

 

“I’m sorry my place is a little messy. Make yourself at home.” She hurriedly got rid of the papers on the coffee table and sofa. Then made her way to the kitchen, “Do you want some drinks?”

“Do you have beer?”

She peered her head out of the kitchen with wide eyes. “Since when do you drink beer?”

“Ah~ I just thought, um you know, since we’re ordering chicken, a can of cold beer would be nice.”

I saw her shrugged then entered the kitchen again. When she got out, she had four cans of beer in her hands.

“I called for the chicken. They’ll be here in 20 minutes.”

I nodded and made myself comfortable on the sofa.

 

 *

 

“Jessica? Jessica, wake up.”

I stirred in my sleep and rubbed my eyes. To my surprise Taeyeon’s face was so close to mine. I almost fell from the sofa.

“The chicken is here.” Taeyeon pointed to the boxes on the coffee table.

Taeyeon was still in her formal white shirt but she had changed out of her skirt to a pair of boxers. I guess she never got rid of that old habit. We sat down in her living room and ate the chicken in silence.

I had just finished one can of beer when Taeyeon finally spoke, breaking the silence.

“I’m sorry about the first time we met.”

I looked at her confused. Is she drunk already? She had barely finished one can of beer.

“You know. Um, how I introduced you as my high school best friend.”

I hesitated to reply. What was she expecting me to say? That it was completely ok?

“I didn’t want Stephen to know that you and I had a past.”

“Why?” The question came out of my mouth unconsciously.

“I,” she took a deep breath before continuing, “didn’t want it to be awkward for Stephen.”

“What about me then? You didn’t think it was going to be awkward for me?” I couldn’t even hide the anger from my tone of voice.

“Jessi.” How I miss hearing her calling me that.

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon. I shouldn’t be here.” I stood up, grabbed my bag and was about to leave her apartment when the flash of lightning and sound of thunder scared the living daylight out of me. I cowered into a corner near her door.

I saw Taeyeon making her way to me from the corner of my eyes.

“You’re still scared of storms huh?” Taeyeon whispered and before I could even respond, she pulled me closer to her and enveloped me in a tight hug.

“I’m here for you, always.” She gently whispered into my ear to calm me down.

I didn’t know what came over me. I pulled her face closer to mine and kissed her on the lips. When I realized what I was doing, I quickly pulled back. She had her eyes wide open. I was about to move away when she leaned down and kissed me again. This time, I fully responded.

Before I knew it, she picked me up bridal style and we made our way to her bedroom. Let’s just say we barely got any sleep that night.

 

*

 

It’s been a month since that night I spent at Taeyeon’s place. Since then, I had not met her or Stephen for any appointments, mainly because the two were always so busy. And well, basically I was just trying to avoid Taeyeon.

But I had to be professional. We have less than three more months before the big day (it still feels weird saying that). So when Taeyeon finally had some time off today, I decided that it was the best time to look for her wedding dress.

 

*

 

(Author POV)

Jessica was on her way to meet Taeyeon at the shop that sells all these lovely wedding dresses. Jessica thought she was early but much to her surprise, Taeyeon was already there, looking through the dresses.

“I didn’t know you were this excited.” Jessica teased Taeyeon when the latter didn’t notice of her planner’s presence.

"I’m just looking around, Jessi.”

“Jessi?” Jessica stared at her client.

“Um, I meant Jessica.”  

“It’s fine Taeyeon. You can call me Jessi.” Jessica gave the older one an assuring smile.

“Well, let’s get started!” One of the workers at the shop announced.

 

*

 

Taeyeon was trying on the 10th dress of the day. Jessica was beyond tired but she had to be professional. She had handled worse clients. When Taeyeon finally came out of the fitting room, Jessica’s jaw dropped.

Taeyeon looked stunning in her wedding dress. Jessica had to admit that the wedding dress Taeyeon was wearing now was totally a lot better than the wedding dress Taeyeon had on their wedding.  

“Wow,” Jessica let out the breath that she didn’t even know she was holding, “You look beautiful. No, stunning. No, gorgeous. No, perfect. Urgh!”

The client giggled seeing her planner so awestruck. It had been a long time since she saw Jessica like this.

“Since you like it, I’ll take this then.” Taeyeon didn’t even bother to see if the dress looked good on her. She was about to return to the fitting room when Jessica grabbed her left wrist.

“You didn’t even see how beautiful you look right now.” Jessica was about to pull the shorter girl to stand in front of the mirror when Taeyeon herself stopped her.

“I don’t have to. Judging from your reaction, I’m sure I look fine.” Taeyeon had unconsciously leaned forward to place a kiss on Jessica’s lips. But when she realized her actions, she quickly pulled back and tried her best to run to the fitting room to hide her blush.

“What the heck just happened?” The two of them thought to themselves. 

 


Hey there. I'm so sorry this was up really really really really late. 

It's just that I changed the plot for this story like a billion times.

NO, THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE "ONE-SHOT".

I decided to split this one-shot into two because I felt it was gettng too lengthy.

And I have this issue with lengthy chapters.

So yes, there will be a part 2 (which will be a little more exciting, I guess?).

Part 2 should be up soon (I hope because I'm only left with writing it out asdfghjkl).

Oh and yes, TaengSic did have some y time when Jessica stayed over

but I at s so no, you're not getting any y TaengSic time.

Here's some TaengSic to keep you happy while I finish part 2

(SO ING ADORABLE LEMME CRY!!!)

SHAKE IT SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE IT

#PRINCESSJESSILOGIC