#02

My Endearment

 

"I can't believe you."

I shook my head and sighed.

"I'm sorry Kyungsoo but, why is she being so ignorant? Can't she just be nice to her parents?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sat on the edge of our bed. "Have you ever thought of how you most likely know only 1% of Seon's past?" I saw him stiffen as he dropped his shoulders in defeat. He scratched the back of his head and sat next to me.  His warmth automatically grew on me.

"Look. I know you love me but," he leaned his head on my shoulder, "why are you siding with her?"

I shook my head. "I'm not siding with anybody Jongin. But at least consider what she feels like." I heard him mumble something I could barely hear. He then held wrapped his hand around mine, giving me warmth from the cold weather in out house. While brushing his thumb against the body of my thumb, he planted a feather-light kiss on my cheek. "And don't be so harsh on her ok? We want her to fee like she's safe with us. Not judged from her actions." I felt his head nod and his lean body snuggle towards me, knowing that he understood.

"I'm sorry I made her cry...i-if it also made you mad than I'm sorry twice."

I grinned at how sincere he sounded. I plopped down on my back into the bed with a huge sigh and cuddled myself in the warm blankets. I stared up at the ceiling and closed my eyes for a minute, but suddenly feelings a wave of warmth of above me. I slowly fluttered open my eyes to see Jongin. Or should I say perfection. He bit his bottom lip as he eyed my face. I tilted my head in confusion but felt a rush of breeze and a pair of soft lips pressing against mine. My body felt wamer than usual as he used his wrist to find my fingertips and interlocked our hands. I could feel myself melting under his touch when his fingers found their way to my waist.

"You're really beautiful..." he whispered in between the lip-lock.

"Th-Thank yo-" he pressed harder onto my lips with more lust. "Mmff...Jongin-ah..."

He kissed along my jaw but stopped when we both heard a vibration by our heads. He looked up and saw, his made his lips into a flat line and sighed.

"Someone's calling you."

Great. We were in the middle of something!

I scrambled out of his arms and picked up the phone quickly and saw the caller ID.

Jae.

Hyun Jae.

 

"H-Hello?..."

I heard shuffling on the other side of the phone and faded breathing.

"1228," a voice breathed out clearly.

My eyebrows knitted together. "E-Excuse me, but who-"

"1228."

I furrowed my eyebrows while Jongin curiously watched my reaction to the unusual phone call. I took the phone from my ear and looked at the caller ID to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Yup. Hyun Jae.

"1228," whoever repeated. "1228,1228,1228,1228,1228."

I heard a faded voice, a familiar one too. The voice of a young woman.

'Stop!' said the voice, but that was the last of what came into my ears before the call ended. I stared at the list of missed calls while Jongin was by my shoulder, wondering what the hell was going on. I stared at the phone for a long period of time until it darkened. Jongin poked the side of my cheek and cleared his throat.

"What happened?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to him looking at me like a clueless,well, Jongin. I bit my bottom lip trying to think of an answer to avoid him from worrying about it. When Jongin worries, he worries. Lots. I looked into his eyes and saw my own reflection.

"Probably just some prank-call," I lied. I knew something was absolutely wrong. I pressed my fingertip onto the power button of my phone to read the time. 8:25 a.m. I started to wonder what Seon is doing. The thought of her hating us sprung into my mind and made my stomach twist and turn. She probably already hates Jongin and I but, I don't want the reason why to be including her parents. That would be the worst situation possible in fact. Ever since my boyfr- I mean husband, wow I really need to get used to saying that, got into our room, I haven't heard any movements near our door. Not even a single footstep. I turned my legs around to step my bare feet onto the cold hardwood floor of our new house. I was about to touch the doorknob when a hand pulled me back, almost stumbling.

"Don't you want to continue our little session?" A voice breathed into my ear. I could feel heat gather by my cheeks. Shivers trickled down my spine as I felt Jongin's familiar touch. Arms wrapped around my torso, he tugged the hem of my pajama shirt down behind my neck and kissed the start of my spine making me gasp. He quietly chuckled and hugged me tighter. "Oh Kyungsoo, you're sensitive aren't you? I mean, I would know because of that one night where-"

"Shut up!"

Before I knew it, I was pushed on the bed looking up at his stupidly handsome smirk on his face. He leaned down so our lips were almost touching.

"Okay okay fine," he pressed a short kiss, "But you still love me right?"

"Just get on with it stupid."

 

 

 

 

{Seon's Pov}

 still can't believe that there's a school day on Christmas.

Apparently, there's going to be some Christmas festival and everybody, I mean, everybody has to participate. Can the world just end today? Can the weather dramatically change into a horrible storm and close the whole school down? Can school not exist for today? I let my shoulders fall as I saw the school full of drama queen girls and guys who try to hard to be cool by letting their pants look like they were going to fall to their ankles any minute now. I entered the gates and saw some group of girls wearing the most bizzare attire for Christmas. The shortest skirts I've seen in my life with tight maroon red tank tops and wait for it, reindeer ears and antlers headbands. Seriously, if they were to show up at their family dinner like that, they'd be sent to their room to wear actual clothes instead of pieces of loose fabric from the craft store. I shook my head but stopped when I saw a familiar boy with charcoal colored hair, standing out from everybody by wearing a plain black tee with khaki colored jeans.

Dae Min.

I have a teensy weensy crush on him.

More like a huge crush.

I met him when Jongin and Kyungsoo brought me to a party at Baekhyun and Chanyeol's house for Chanyeol's birthday. 

-2 months ago-

 

All of Kyungsoo's highschool and college friends were there, making me feel slightly uncomfortable with me being the only teen. And mature one. All of them started playing games on their game console while yelling and hollering like idiots. Most of them belonging to the birthday boy himself. I awkwardly sat in the silent living room when someone pulled a strand of my hair.

"Ow!" I turned quickly to see a boy with black hair sporting some thick black nerd glasses and a a wide grin on his face. His eyes turned into crescents. "Wh-Who are you?" I asked a little taken aback by his adorable smile. He walked (more like skipped) to the other side of the couch and sat.

"Hi," he said gesturing his hand towards me, "I'm Dae Min. Baekhyun's younger cousin. I'm 17."

I hesistated but then shook his soft hand that had fair skin. Our eyes met as he accidentally brushed his thumb against mine, making me pull away instantly. I quietly coughed with a silence following his introduction. I could tell he was boring holes into me with his stares while I looked at the fabric on the couch. I heard him clear his throat before speaking.

"And you are...?"

I widened my eyes in realization and spoke up with a higher pitched voiced than usual. "Oh! I-I'm Seon. Jongin and Kyungsoo's uh...child. I'm 16." I looked at my lap the whole time, studying the material of my skinny jeans. All of a sudden I heard a chuckle. I look up and saw him covering his mouth with the back of his hand and showing me his smiling eyes. I could feel myself grow heat towards my face.

"The shade of your cheeks right now remind me of a strawberry shortcake. I bet you'd would taste sweet as one too.." he said with a lower tone of his voice and leaned towards my face. I immidiately clenched the pillow I was leaning on while shutting my eyes, expecting it.

My first kiss.

 

I heard a burst of loud laughter and opened my eyes to see Dae Min laughing 'till his stomach hurt. I was in the state of confusion while he calmed down, wiping his seemingly fake tears in his eyes. I could feel my stomach churn at his devil like smirk, which was completely different from his jolly looking persona. "Did you really think I was going to kiss you? This isn't some romantic manga comic," he said with obvious dislike in his voice. He crossed his arms and legs staring at my confused face, probably planning to laugh again. "Geez, you're one of those 'desperate for a happy ending' girls. Keep on dreaming."

I strictly frowned at his insult. "Yeah right. How would I fall for someone as rude as you?" I snapped back. He narrowed his eyes at me. "And do you really wanna like someone who wishes for the worst ending?" His eyes widened at my comeback while I mentally threw a party in my head. I stood up from the comfy couch and picked up my red cup full of soda and dipped four of my fingers in it, flicking the soda onto his stupid glasses, making him flinch. I smirked and went to the livingroom and grabbed a couple of snacks and hung out with the other guys.

Little did I know that I developed a crush on Dae Min.

 

-Present day-

 

As the view of him got closer, my legs started to feel like gelatin. I have no idea why I like him. I seriously don't. It drives me crazy at the fact that I don't know why he makes my heart beat fast. It weird. Very weird. I walked into the school building and down the hall full of Christmas decorations and posters for the festival. I quickly jogged to my locker and opened it with my combination to find a small tin of cookies tied up with a ribbon. I picked it up to see no name on it. How did this get here anyway? DOES SOMEONE KNOW MY LOCKER COMBINATION?? I quickly slammed my locker so I could tell the office but saw someone leaning on the locker next to me with a smile on his face.

Dae Min.

"I saw you glance at me earlier," he said with a smirk, "I'm good looking I know."

"I've seen better," I lied. He rolled his eyes and pointed at the cookie tin.

"Who's that from?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. But whoever it's from, knows my locker combo so I'm taking it to the office. They could easily break in to steal my stuff." His smile faded away for some reason and scratched the back of his neck.

"Would you at least keep the cookies? They're cookies for crying out loud. Who doesn't like cookies?" I started to reason with him and decided to keep the delicious treats. I started walking down the hallway, but realizing I have nothing to do. I don't have much friends, just people I see around school and classmates. The only person who I can consider as a decent friend is Dae Min. Which is a total bust since we dislike eachother, kind of. He doesn't know and absolutely shouldn't know I have a crush on him because I'm merely his person to tease annoyingly. Notthing more. Though I wish it was more. I walked back to my locker with Dae Min trailing behind me and just standing there until the bells rings. "Why are you standing here?" He asked. "Loner?"

"I have no other friends and back out of my business will you?" He sighed and rubbed his temples. Did I insult him too much? Oh no I don't want him to hate me. He bit his bottom lip and leaned against the locker next to me. He tilted his head back with the sound of the locker getting in contact with his meadow of hair. I just stared at him as he looked at  school's tiled ceiling like they were having a staring contest.

"I'll wait until the bell rings with you then."

 

Will something happen this Christmas? This is probably the first time I'm hoping something will. Wishing to be exact.

 

 

a|n: finally updated wow. i've been busy lately and it . i'm sorry.