#01

My Endearment

 

I coughed and hacked as my lungs felt like they were on fire. I looked at my surroundings, it made my stomach churn and my knees weak while jogging to get out. The large flames covered every inch of the furniture beside my trembling body. The fire grew larger and larger as my fear did the same. My heart clenched while I heard familiar sobs behind my back.

"M-Mom, D-Dad! Don't worry," I swallowed hard and felt hot tears glide down my cheeks, "We're getting out of this!" I could hear my mom wail and wail behind me as we jogged our way out of the huge company building my father owned. Many employees were way ahead of us. Curse they're athlectic abilities. My mother and father weren't as fast as they were. And I can't just sprint with them slowly trailing behind.

"Please be strong M-Min," my father's voice slightly cracked when he spoke to my mother. My mother's cries became slightly more silent and turned into desperate whimpers. 

"I'm sorry g-guys," she coughed, "I'm sorry for being so helpless. This is going to be my fault. Please go ahead without me." He frail hand loosened in my grasp. I quickly turned to her and widened my eyes.

"Mom! No! Were not leaving you here. How could you let us?!" The tears rolling down my face burned. I felt a stinging sensation in them, like they knew what my mother said. They knew that she wasn't my real mom, sadly. If I were to call them by their honest names, Mrs. Eun and Mr. Eun chose me as their own. I could never ever express how much love I feel towards them. I can't just leave her.

She smiled weakly while she let go of my father's hand. "P-Please Seon...go with daddy okay? Be that strong eleven year old girl that I love. The one who's bravery stands out. The girl who-"

"But m-mom! Can't you see! I'm not that girl without you! You made me like that! I'm your gift remember...you can't let me and daddy go...Not now! Y-You can't!" My voice was breaking into a scream that made my mother flinch, I regret it so much.

"But Min!" My father went on his knees and held her hands tightly, "I love you! You can't leave! You're strong and you know so! We can get out together!" Her smile turned more sincere as she walked closer and wrapped her arms around my dad and I.

"The both of you can make a promise for me right?" He voice was almost inaudible but our hearts were fast enough to catch what she said. My father started to sob loudly as we both nodded slowly. My worry filled my head when I felt the heat grow closer to our cluster of bodies. My mother backed away from the hug slightly and kissed my dad on the lips sweetly and pulled away to kiss my forehead.

 

"Promise me that you'll be strong. I have given you all my love and you guys know that. No need to be sad. You know that I'm doing this for you guys?"

She went back to our embrace and spoke the sentence I'll never forget in my life.

 

"And promise me you won't miss me, I love you."

Days and days of crying with agony, I knew my heart would stay broken for eternity.

 

4 years later, I went into my mother and father's room after a long time, scanning the use to be bare walls, to newspaper and sticky note covered walls. All of them were wrinkled at the corner, some dried and shrivled from some water damage somehow. I stepped in front of one of the walls, surveying all the newspaper articles closer.

 

Building of Eun Co. set a light. 115 severly injured. 2 deaths. One of them being the company owner's wife.

-Reason of fire still to be discovered-

 

2 deaths. My mind overflowed with the sound of my mother sobbing. The feeling of flames started to create shivers down my spine. My vision started to get blurry and my eyes moisten. I sniffed and wipe away my tears as fast I could and continued on to the other newspapaers.

The whole wall seemed like the papers were meant to be on it. The color scheme blended perfectly with the grayscale papers and white sticky notes. I came across a small note with a...

bloodstain.

I sighed. Not again. I rushed to the kitchen and found my dad standing by the counter. His head hung low with his arms held up for some reason.

"Dad. Stop cutting, it's not going to solve anythi-"

He quickly turned with a trembling sigh, revealing a knife on the counter covered in a burgundy color. His hand was covering his stomach and his shut his eyes fairly tight. The spot around his hand started to show red monochrome colors and spread downwards. I could almost feel my heart stop as he smiled.

"I-I'm sorry, I j-just can't take it a-anymore. I l-love..."

He dropped to the floor with the terrifying thud. I could only hear ringing in my ears. My head started to ache with pain.

 

My parents are gone.

 

 

 

 

"Rise and shine beautiful!"

I groaned and covered my face with a pillow. "Mffmmffmfmff!"

"What was that?" Kyungsoo asked.

I shot my head up from anger. "I said don't call me that!"

He chuckled and the sight of my messy hair in the morning. I mumbled the word 'I hate you' under my breath but he unfortunately caught it. He sat on the edge of my bed with no expression on his face. I sighed and sat up. I rubbed my left eye with the back of my hand.

"If you really hate me, then leave if you'd like. Leave the house we gave you. Leave your great education. Leave the food-"

"NOT THE FOOD!" I stood up abruptly.

I heard steps coming upstairs to reveal a drowsy looking Jongin by the door. "What's with the yelling?"

Kyungsoo stood up and ran to Jongin and cuddled him up like an anoconda. "Jongin-ah! Good morning." He covered his face with kisses while the latter laughed lightly and hugged the older one back. Jongin gave him a long kiss on the lips that turned into a bunch of head turning and-

"GUYS GET A ROOM. JUST NOT MY ROOM!"

The both turned embarrased and smiled. "Do you even what day it is?"

"Your annivesary?"

"That was yesterday."

"...Oh."

They both shook their heads and suddenly tackled me with hugs and smooches. "Your birthday silly!"

My eyes widened at the mention of my birthday. It never really was anything special to me. Just a few presents and a cake or a song can be heard any day of my life. Whenever I hear it's someone else's birthday, I would celebrate it just to give. I would never tell them it was mine too because well, they would overeact and give me things I don't need or care about. And even worse, it's on Christmas. Whoop-dee-doo. More presents of course. I'm just glad that I don't know anybody else besides these two lovesick puppies.

"And?"

They brushed themselves off after they unwrapped themselves from me and sighed. "We should celebrate duh," Jongin replied putting his arm around Kyungsoo's waist. I furrowed my eyebrows and went back to my comfy bed and covered the top half of my face with my Rilakkuma stuffed animal. 

"It isn't that important. Now get out of my room."

I heard someone clearing their throat. I heard a pair of feet shuffling until I heard it.

 

"We were planning to visit your mother and your stepfather's grave today..."

"No," I deadpanned.

"What? What do you mean no? Don't you want to see the people you love?!"Jongin yelled loudly. Both of our faces had the same expression. Anger. His was more confused, since he doesn't know what I'm feeling. He isn't me and he doesn't need to be.

"I don't want to go! Just let me be alone in peace!" I said putting my hands up and smacking them against my sides after I finished my protest. I noticed him breathing with a tense feeling. Why is he getting so mad? They're my own parents. What does he have to do with them? Kyungsoo slowly put his hand on the younger one's shoulder to help calm him down but that sure as hell didn't work.

"Why don't you want to go? Don't you miss them at all?!" He said with veins showing in his neck. My expression dropped down to not having one at all.

Miss.

Miss.

 

Miss.

 

"No! I d-don't! I don't miss them at all!" I yelled feeling the warmth of my body rushing to my eyes, I could feel my tears welding up and tried not to let them fall but I unfortunately failed miserably. I could feel the heat spread through my face. I could see Jongin's expression turn into shock, exactly like Kyungsoo's. I stared at them in disbelief. "There! Is that the answer you want?!" I paused and sniffed and felt them drill holes into my body with their eyes. "Of course not! Just get out!" I screamed. My voice cracked idiotically and my voice sounded hoarse from all the unnecessary hollering. My legs felt weak as I curled myself up in a blanket trying to shut out my cries. A few footsteps filled my ears and the door creaked shut.

 

Can they just leave?

 

 

 

a|n: IM TERRIBLY SORRY THE FIRST CHAP IS SHORT BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH ME OKAY? im gonna say i'll try to update twice a week. school is just ugh. but im studying hard i promise eheh. anyway, i hope you'll enjoy the sequel.