Post-Marathon

My Best Friend is A Cross-Dresser?

[Yun's POV]

Damn, we finished dead last 'cause Hoya and I got tangled in bubble gum after Woohyun and Sunggyu played a very funny prank on us. So much for being the highly respected student body president, Sunggyu. 

"I'm really sorry, Yun. I didn't mean to put you into this uncomfortable situation." Hoya said as he tried to set himself free in order to respect my personal space. We were literally already hugging each other due to the gum's intense constriction. He was making progress and finally was able to loosen the gum but then he tripped on a pebble and fell on top of me. Here we go again.

His eyes suddenly widened for our noses were touching and we were staring at each other, eye to eye. I couldn't move since I was at the bottom. If I moved an inch, our lips would meet. "Y-Yun, I'm sorry." He apologized once again with a shy stutter and rolled away from me.

I, too, replied with a shy stutter. "I-it's Okay. Let's just get Sunha to untie us."

"Good idea." He nodded and yelled, "SUNHA! COME HERE!"

[Sungjong's POV]

I heard Hoya calling me from afar. I turned back to see that Yun and him were all wrapped in gum intimately. Seeing it just made me disgusted to the core. I approached them with a dumbfounded look in my face. "What happened here?"

"Sunggyu and Woohyun. That's what happened." Yun replied. "Just untangle us."

I sighed. "Fine." I simply got some scissors and cut them free. 

"Thanks, Sunha." Hoya said in relief. 

"Yeah, thanks." Yun said but hesitated before doing so. 

---

When we arrived home, Yun immediately cleaned herself. It's a good thing that she did so since she's still covered with gum. People were staring at us in the train and I tried to distance myself from her. Who knows, it may have been pre-chewed gum. Either way, I just wanted to make sure.

After sometime, I was already done changing into my comfortable sleeping clothes. Yun, on the other hand, changed as well but there was still some gum on her face. 

"Sungjong, I still have gum on my cheeks.." She said as she scratched the gum that was glued to her face.

"Hmm... I'll give it a try." I started by lightly brushing her soft cheeks but it really didn't want to come off. "This might hurt just to warn you." I then pinched her cheeks really hard, got the gum out and threw it at the trash bin. After doing so, I began to feel butterflies in my stomach. I hadn't realized that just by touching her cheek slightly would make me feel this way. "It's out now."

"Thanks again, Sungjong." She said with a smile. "Say, I think you applied too much blush." Truth is, I didn't wear any makeup in the first place and I was actually blushing for real. 

"It's the paint, stupid." I just used an excuse to stop her from suspecting anything else. 

"I'm sorry for being so dumb." She said jokingly. "Hey, Sungjong..."

"What is it?"

"About L..." After hearing L's name, I childishly covered my ears and stuck my tongue out. "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU~!"

"I felt nothing!" She yelled.

"LALALA the exhibitionist is a two-timer!" 

She then crossed her arms. "What about you and Sungyeol?" Right, Sungyeol... I saw a different side of him today and not to mention, that "accident". I moved my hands to cover my face and I stood there, dazed for a few seconds. Suddenly, I had a major headache and my legs began to shake. Damn it! How far did I push myself today? And why am I feeling this just now? 

I don't want her to worry so I tried to compose myself. "Yun, I gotta sleep." I simply said and made my way to my room.

When I got to my room, I struggled to balance myself and I used the furniture around me to keep me from falling. I was groaning in pain, my legs were shaking and my head was aching. Looks like adrenaline got the most of me. Luckily, I was able to make my way to the bed. I stared at the wounds and blisters that I got from today. At first, I didn't mind them since I was too focused on winning but now, I know how much I've worn myself out. I saw the door slightly opening and to my surprise, Yun was watching me. She seemed very saddened which pained me even more. I didn't want her to see me like this.

"How long have you been watching?" I asked her.

Her eyes shined but not in a pleasant way. "I followed you." Great, so she saw everything. She ran to me and checked my wounded hands. "Where did these come from?" She asked.

"Remember when I ran after L? Well, before I made my jump, the intense friction between the rocks and my skin caused me to get hurt." 

She then looked down to my legs. "What about the shaking legs?"

"After my jump, I didn't land well..." She then held my hand and looked at it with much guilt. "Hey, don't feel guilty-... Agh!" My head suddenly hurt and I scrunched my face in pain. Wow, what a good way to suppress her guilt. 

"Just lie down and I'll treat your wounds." She got the first aid kit and she began to treat my wounds. 

"It's a miracle, you're not complaining." 

"Yeah, 'cause I'm a good boy." I said with a devilish smirk.

"Yeah, right." She said with a slight laugh. "Hey, about L... I really didn't feel anything. I still like Hoya." I believe her since she was looking at me straight in the eye and I know whenever she's lying or not. I should know this much after being with her for all these years. Y'know, all I needed to know was the L part. I don't give a damn if she still has feelings about Hoya or not. Way to make me feel better, Yun.

"Hey..." I said softly as I slowly rose up and kissed her cheek. "So, did you feel the same when L kissed you?" If she does, then she feels nothing for me.

"Yes, I did." So she feels nothing. Well, Hoya's a lucky guy to have a very faithful girlfriend-to-be. Despite being kissed by two incredibly handsome guys in one day, she still loves you. I'm hella jealous.

I still don't know what to do about Yun and Sungyeol though. My mind is still in a very confusing spiral. Oh, what will I do?