My Savior

My Savior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The glass door slide open, sounds of bells ringing were head and soon, all the workers greeted the new customer. "Welcome to Starlight Cafe!"

Donghyun stepped into the familiar cafe with a smile on his face when he noticed the girl he had his eyes on for the past few months, Paula. He knew her since they were in university but had never got the chance to get close to her since he was too shy to do so. Now, he had gathered his courage and wanted to get close to her.

He took a seat near the window and looked at the menu. 

"Welcome sir, is this your first time here?" A soft but clear voice resounded his ears and he looked up to see Paula standing in front of him smiling politely. He felt as if his heart would explode at that moment but kept his cool by letting out a cough.

"U-umm...y-ye-yeah.." Donghyun stuttered. His fingers were fiddling with each other and he took in deep breathe, trying to calm himself.

Paula noticed his actions and wanted to let out a chuckle but held it in since she thought it might be rude. "Do you want me to recommend you some drinks or cakes? What type do you prefer? Sweet? Bitter? Creamy taste?" She questioned like how she was taught to.

His eyes blinked rapidly in nervousness before he finally replied. "I-I'll e-eat anything you recommend." He blurted out. His eyes widened in shock as he realised what he said. Waving his hand frantically in front of him, he blushed. "Uh-uh...w-wait! I mean! Uh..." He panicked.

Paula chuckled at his action, unable to held it in any longer. Thinking that he was embarrassed, she just proceeded to recommend some of the orders that many people like. Donghyun listened to her and decided to order one red velvet with caramel macchiato.

"Please wait for about 10 minutes for your order." She bowed and left. 

At last, Donghyun could breathe normally. He never thought that being with her could be this nervous.

Since then, Donghyun kept on going there and always requested Paula to be the one who take his order. He admired her smily face and her polite manners. 


Two months has passed and they had gotten a lot closer. They laughes together and joke around, having fun like best friends. 

That night, Donghyun offered her a walk to her home and she gladly accepted the offer. 

"Paula..." He called out suddenly with a serious tone making Paula wonder what he wants to say. He turned to her and put his hands on his shoulder, staring at her intensely. 

Paula blinked innocently at him. "Why?" 

Inhaling deeply, he confessed, "I-I like you, please be my girlfriend!" At last, he said what he wanted to say these few years. However, the words that came out of Paula's mouth disappoint him. 

"Sorry...I-I have a boyfriend." She apologized sincerely. 

Donghyun looked at her with a sad gaze. She was looking at the floor. Guiltiness overwhelmed her. He's such a good and kind boy, rejecting him is such an awful thing to do but..what can she do? She already have someone. 

He nodded in acknowledgement. "Ah...Okay...so..It's really Heechul.." His hands were now by his side and his shoulder was slouched. The rumors that he heard when he was at school was true. She was really dating a pretty guy called Heechul.

Paula dared to look at him and felt hurt to see him like that. It's not like she doesn't like him but she thinks that she doesn't suite him. He is too good for her. 

"I..." She wanted to comfort him but no words came out. It's as if she lost her voice. Donghyun seemed to understand her, he shook his head. Lifting his head up, he gave her a small smile. 

"Don't worry...I'm...I'm okay.." He smiled. "Umm...It's already late, let's get you home first." With that, he walked in front of him. Paula followed him suit, she watched his back, feeling extremely bad.

No one talked all the way to her apartment except when they bid their goodbye. That was all. Paula closed the door behind her and leaned on it, heaving a deep sigh. The ticking clock attracted her attention. She looked at the clock. It's already 9. He is not back yet. That was rare. He is usually back before 6 for dinner. That time, her phone suddenly rang and she hurried to pick it up.

"Hel-"

"Yah!" A loud voice cut her off, making her move away from the phone. "Why didn't you pick up your phone huh?! What the heck were you doing? So busy that you can't pick up your freaking phone? Huh?! Answer me!" He yelled.

"Sorry, I'm really sorry, I didn't hear it." She apologized.

"Stop with your lame excuses. I just want to tell you that I'm out with my co workers. That's all. Bye." And he ended the call.

Paula listened to the beeping from the phone and pulled the phone away from her. After letting out a defeated sigh, she went to the bathroom and get ready for bed.

 

The next day, Donghyun came to the shop as usual, acting as if nothing ever happened the day before. Due to that, Paula felt more comfortable and thanked him inwardly for that.

"Paula-ah." He called out.

"Yeah?" Paula looked at him.

Donghyun paused for a while before speaking up. "A-are you free tomorrow?" 

"Umm..yeah." She replied after thinking. "Why?"

"C-can you accompany me to shop? I-I-uhh...my sister's birthday is coming soon and...well, I'm a guy, I don't know what a girl likes so..maybe you have a better idea..." His voice trailed off as he looked at her expression. 

"Sure! I'd love to help you." Paula beamed, showing her eye smile that could melt Donghyun. It has been a long time since she last went to shop. All she did for the past fee years were study, work go home and get tortured. Hearing the word shopping lightened her mood.

Donghyun smiled at her action. "Thanks! So, tomorrow at JD mall?, 10 in the morning?"

"Call!" She put both her hands in the air, letting her long sleeved shirt slide down her arms. Donghyun's eyes went wide upon seeing the big cut on her arm. He immediately held her arm and examined it. "Paula-ah! What happened to your arms?"

Paula gasped. Oh no, he saw it. She quickly pulled her sleeve down and pulled away from him with her head down. 

He narrowed his eyes at her and questioned. "What happened?"

Gulping down her saliva, she lied, "I-I...fell! Yeah! I fell down..." 

"Oh...clumsy Paula." Donghyun flicked her forehead lightly, making her pout in response. "Go, your co workers are calling out for you." He pointed at the other girl standing at the counter waving her hands at Paula.  

"Oh! I'm coming. See you tomorrow then." Paula waved at Donghyun and he waved back before she went runni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter