Final

Kris' idea of birthday gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Present)

He really wanted to punch someone. Believe me, he really want to. Wu Yifan is a patient man but the current circumstances totally cut his emotional straws. Yes, all of it. From the one which tied his anger to the one tied his frustration, this situation cut it ALL.
 

 



(One week earlier)

 



"So, what will you buy for him this month?

 



That simple question made Kris' eyebrow twitched with annoyance. Not because of the question, but because the one who asked, the one dares unceremoniously waltz into his office on the head quarter of Wu Corp. No other than his younger brother, the devil utterly evil and self-proclaimed god-in his opinion his brother should use demon not god-Lucifer the one and only Wu-ing-Jongin in short Kai. Kris tried, he really tried his hardest not to pinch the bridge of his nose, but hell and this man can make his emotion rise in a negative way with single look.
 

 


"I have an idea already, leave it alone Kai. Don't you have some important matter to do than poking your nose to people's business? If I'm not wrong you have a meeting with Sehun this afternoon."
 

 


"I'm touched Kris-hyung. I never knew you paid so much attention to my schedule. But of course I have but I always thought that your relationship with your raven is one of the most hilarious things around me currently. So what will you buy for him this year?"

 



Kris felt like he wants to hurl something heavy, preferably sharp, towards his only brother. He counted until 10 in French, and then raised his eyes from the documents on his table to catch his younger brother studying a photo on his table.
 

 


It's the picture of him and his boyfriend, it was taken on their family vacation, his panda cat-like grin could not get any bigger. To be honest he wonder sometimes if his baby is half-half 50% panda breed and 50% cat breed his beautiful smile stood out showing his childishness and his brown eyes shone with innocence and merriment. And his raven hair stood out with his angel printed white shirt that makes him more angelic and big peace sign while he perched on Kris' back, with a laughing Kris on the picture.
 

 


He never knew how Tao's mother captured it but his glad she did. The picture shows his raven's cheerfulness, brightness and beauty. Hell isn't his panda so gorgeous. Kris felt a lot calmer just from seeing that particular picture.
 

 


"I'm gonna get him a..." Kris trails off still staring at the picture frame.
 

 


"Yes?"
 

 


"..."
 

 


"I knew it. So you DO not have any idea indeed!" Kris eyebrow twitched.
 

 


"Shut up, jerk." Kai scoffs.
 

 


"Soooo~ Kris... How long have you been with Tao-hyung? It's like... what 5 years? Am I right?" In fact, Kai know that they've been together for 7 years now but taunting his hyung is really entertaining sometimes. Kris' eyes twitched and Kai definitely able to see it.
 

 


"It's 7 years, Kai. I'm sure you know it because you’re the one who interrupted our latest anniversary anyway. Barging like a headless chicken. So what about it?" Kai smiled. Kris glared.
 

 


"Why don't you... do something special for Tao-hyung this year?"
 

 


"I will, if only you would stop nagging me and flew away and mind your own ing business."
 

 


"Low blow hyung, but fine I will leave but listen up, will you?"

 



"Yes, go on, oh my all high pride, self-proclaimed god, stubborn of annoying younger brother..."
 

 


"For his birthday, you will... Propose to him, of course!"
 

 


"I will do what?!"
 

 


(Two hours earlier)

 



Okay he can do this, he is Kris Wu! He CAN do this! And for s' sake, he will.
 

 


"Umma, Appa, I need to talk with you." His parents throw a glance at each other. His mother smiled while his father nodded.
 

 


"Of course Kris. What do you want to talk about?" Kris swallowed his own saliva, his drying lips and looked at his mother in the eyes and says a question that rendered his father to silence and got his mother into a high school girl squeal.

 



"I'm gonna get married so I would like you to suggest on how to propose?"
 

 


At the precise moment, Tiffany went in rampage. She threw a dozen of scenarios, from the overly cheesy romantic one into the most heart breaking tears draining dramatic one. Kris listened and listened and listened and listened... Until his father made a soft coughed.
 

 


"Oh! Nichkhun, are you alright, dear?" Nichkhun nodded and looked his wife right on the eyes. Tiffany blushed of embarrassment and laughed softly.
 

 


"Oh, my! I'm sorry, Kris! It's just that the idea is so..."
 

 


"Over joying?"
 

 


"Well if that's the fitting word then yes! I just can't wait to hear it from you that you’re, going to propose! I always wonder and it's been so long that both of you are together."
 

 


"What is your, idea, Kris?"

 



His father simple question leaded them in to a silence. Kris looked at his father, then his mother, then back at his father. He took a deep breath and started to explain.
 

 


"I want a proposal that will take him by surprise. I want a proposal that will make him say yes. I want a proposal that will make him cry because of happiness. I want a proposal that when he reminisce it will make him happy. I want a proposal that contains all the things he loves.  Things that make him laugh, things that memorable for him, things with our memory in them. I want to make a proposal that will make him as my forever."
 

 


Tiffany looked like she wants to cry. Nichkhun got a strange glint on his eyes that screamed pride.
 

 


"If you want to make a proposal like that then we need a tiny bity help."

 

 


Kris' mouth went slacked. Help, what help? From who?
 

 


"We're calling your brother and the Huang's."

 

 

(Huang’s in the house of Wu)

 

 

From there, it turned out to chaos. Tiffany and Victoria wouldn’t stop smiling and squealing likes some high school girls and after that they would hug tightly, eyes sparkling while the men chuckled. Kris’ felt like he was been thrown to some loony circus in the middle of amusement park. SO NOISY! He can’t take it any longer.

 

 

“Everyone quiet!” The silence followed after somewhat deafening.

 

 

“Hn. Thank you everyone. Now, please have a seat and give me your opinion about my proposal plan.”

 

 

“I didn’t know you have a plan, Kris! Why you didn’t tell me anything about it first?”

 

 

“Umma, I love you, I really do but sometimes even the strongest tornado can’t stop you when you’re united with Victoria-sshi.”

 

 

Chuckles and soft laughs suddenly filled the room.

 

 

“Of course Kris, our coalition is one of the reasons why women can change the world.” Victoria’s brown eyes twinkled with humor.

 

 

“Just spill it out Kris; I want to hear your idea to propose to my only son.” Jae-rim’s soft smile gave maybe seemed reassuring but Kris saw the serious glint with a hint of killing intent if ever Kris broke his only baby’s heart. If Jae-rim disagrees, like hell they can get marriage! Thank god cause the Huang’s and their relatives like his family.

 

 

“Of course, Jae-rim-sshi, but firstly I want to ask something to you and your wife.”

 

 

Jae-rim and Victoria threw glances at each other and nodded to him. Kris thought about what he really wanted to say.

 

 

“Jae-rim-sshi, Victoria-sshi, please give your son to me. I know that we bicker a lot, a noisy couple and we got to occasional fist fight. Your son is amazing person with a colorful personality and a beautiful heart, I love him from the very start and I promise to love him until the end of time. I may not be a perfect person but I will love your son perfectly. Please accept me as a part of your family.” Kris bowed deeply towards Jae-rim and Victoria who grasped her husband’s hands who grasped it in a gentle pressure.

 

 

Tiffany is crying, while his husband and younger son eyes turned gently to find Jae-rim with a very proud smile. Jae-rim looked into his wife’s eyes and together they turn their heads toward Kris and nodded. Their proud voice said, “We accept you, Wu Yifan.”

 

 

“Thank you Jae-rim-sshi, Victoria-sshi. Now here’s my plan…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I never knew that you’ll propose to me”

 

 

 

 

 

Tao hummed slowly while walking. A soft ‘happy birthday’ accompanied him along the road. Today is his birthday; this morning when he stepped into the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter