Final - A Gift as a Response

Sunny Rain

"I… I like you!” she shouted.

Kyungsoo's mind delayed for a moment upon hearing this, followed by a rather long awkward silence, as he stepped back and leaned on the mulberry tree.

She stared at his thoughtful face in misery.

Scratch that, he wasn't making a thoughtful face, he was doing his usual wide-eyed, blank expression.

She was about to start their usual childish fights again when finally, he startled her as he withdrew from his statue-like position. He cleared his throat, and prepared to say something… when the school bell went off.

As soon as she turned to find the other students racing back to class, he made his escape. They have maths together now. Staring at his shrinking figure, she fought her hardest and held back her tears.

 

 

Today's math class was about algebra and fractions.

Trying to remove her concentration from what had just occurred, she focused on the many worksheets handed out by the teacher immediately while others complained about how all this is class work and has to be completed by the end of the lesson.

The bad thing about being this focused was that she now had nothing else to steal her attention as she had finished the sheets in record time.

Scanning across the room, she stopped her moving eyesight once it reached the window. It was raining. This was when she realised that looking out the window was a bad thing to do. As she shifted her vision to what was below the window, she found him staring back at her, before facing the front again abruptly, upon meeting her gaze. She sighed, and waited for the lunch bell to go off.

 

 

Walking towards the cafeteria under the rain, her thoughts starts becoming drowned by the rain and her surroundings, till her stomach started grumbling in protest. As she looked up, she found Kyungsoo running towards her, hiding something. He stopped in front of her, eyes-wide like a doe and stretched his arms forward, handing her chocolates and a piece of folded scrap paper in his palms.

She looked at him in confusion.

"H-hurry up... Stop being a slowpoke." Kyungsoo slowly let his intimidating stare settle in. 

After some insistence, she took his absurd offer, unfolded the piece of scrap paper, and began reading:

I’m sorry about what I did at break time. I just didn’t know what to say, because I like you a lot too. I’m sorry if i made you cry; you know how you’re such a crybaby sometimes. I even bought you your favourite chocolate. Just cheer up. Smile! ~heart~

She stood still in amazement. A strong wind blew from the side, washing away the majority of the grey clouds, leaving the playground raining in the rejuvenated sun.

Feeling the warmth of the sun and the coolness of the raindrops, she looked up to meet his eyes. He gave her his signature heart-shaped smile in reply. Holding back the crybaby tears, she gave him the biggest smile he has probably seen, and jumped to hug him, scrap paper in hand and chocolates dropping to the ground.

"Ohhhhhhhhh Kyungsoo, what's happening?" Chanyeol's voice boomed across the outdoor corridor as Kyungsoo realised that he along with Baekhyun and Jongdae were trying to cover up their smirks in the distance.

"Y-ya... Get off, they're watching!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How did this turn out? I incorporated the fact that D.O doesn't seem to like using emoticons (like that one time when he actually said 'heartu' rather than making a heart with his hands and got all embarrassed haha) The beagle line cameo was totally spontaneous as I was editing this drabble. Yeah this story seems more like a drabble. Hope you enjoyed it~