Drunk On Friday Nights

Feeling Lost

*Jihyun's POV*

 

We were drinking that night, and just like every other Friday night, we were arguing again.

 

In the midst of all the chaos, I told him, “I don’t want to be with you anymore.”

 

“You don’t?” He said, drunk. “If you don’t then why are we still here?! Why are we still trying?!” He went on about how he didn’t want to be with me anymore either and that I didn’t meet up with his expectations of his ideal house wife.

 

This isn’t the first time we’ve argued, and usually we’d just end up spending the night together. But this time, without even hearing all of what he had to say, I just walked out. He was too drunk to even notice, and I just kept walking.

 

I was pretty drunk myself, so I walked to the nearest pharmacy store and just sat inside. I called my best friend, Hyojung, and said, “Eonni, can you come pick me up?”

 

“Jihyun ah,” She tiredly said through the phone, “Do you know what time it is?”

 

“I know,” I said as I nodded, “But, Donghyun and I had a little argument.”

 

“And you walked out on him?” She asked, surprised.

 

I sighed and then nodded again as I said, “Mm.”

 

I heard a deep sigh through the phone, and then she said, “Eodiya?”

 

-  -  -

 

I spent the night at her place. In the morning as we were eating, he came over and knocked on the door. She told me that I should just go home with him, so I did. I didn’t argue about not wanting to go back, I just did as Hyojung said and got in the car.

 

“How did you know I was there?” I asked as he drove.

 

“You’re my girlfriend,” He said, “How could I not know?”

 

He grabbed my hand and held it as he drove. I pulled my hand, attempting to get it free, but he just gripped it tighter. After I stopped struggling to get my hand free, he put his fingers through mine and brought it up to his mouth. I looked at him while he kept looking at the road as he kissed my hand, then he put it down and continued to hold it while he kept driving. I stopped looking at him and looked at my lap, then looked outside my window.

 

When we got home, he sat on the couch like how he always does after getting off work. He just the TV and watched it, he didn’t say a word to me. I just went into our room and closed the door.

 

I fell asleep while on my phone and woke up to the sound of my alarm. Knowing Donghyun and his lazy self, I knew that I’d have to cook.

 

The rest of the weekend was spent with silence. I slept on the couch while he slept on our bed. My back was hurting from the uncomfortable sleep, so I slept on our bed on Monday night. We were sleeping on the same bed, but we didn’t face each other, he slept on his edge as I did mine.

 

Tuesday came by, and when he got home, he spoke to me. “Is dinner ready?” They were just simple words, but I felt relieved some how. He went to change into comforting clothes as I brought the food to our coffee table in the living room. We ate together and watched his TV shows. Even though it felt like we made up, our positions on the bed, that night, remained the same as last night.

 

With work and all the things going on in my apartment, time quickly flew by and it was Friday again. He was watching TV and and I sat down on the other side of the couch.

 

“We’re not drinking tonight?” He asked me.

 

I didn’t want to, because I was afraid things were going to be like last time again, but since he wanted to, I brought the bottle of liquor into the living room with two shot glasses.

 

We were taking back to back shots as we said nothing to each other.

 

Finally, after many shots, he said, “I remember now.”

 

“Mwo?” I asked.

 

“This whole week,” He began, “I’ve been trying to figure out what the big deal was, why you walked out on me. Now I remember. You said that you didn’t want to be with me anymore, right?”

 

“Mm,” I said as I nodded, “I remember now, too.”

 

He paused before asking me, “Were you serious?”

 

It took me a minute to answer, but I said to him, “Molla, it’s just… I don’t feel the same way as I did about you four years ago. Do you still feel the same way as you felt about me four years ago?”

 

He shook his head.

 

I laughed, then said, “Should we just stop here?”

 

“Yes,” He answered right away, “We’ve had enough drinking for one night.”

 

“Aniya!” I yelled, “I mean this, all of this! You and me…” I paused for some reason, “Should we just end it?”

 

He looked at me for a moment. “Shipal,” He said under his breath. He took a deep sigh and said, “Geurae, ga!"

 

I didn't believe what he'd just said and just scoffed.

 

-  -  -

 

I was at the same pharmacy with just my phone again. I called Hyojung eonni again, but she wasn’t picking up my calls. Who am I kidding? Friday is her “alone time with boyfriend” night, last week was just luck that they were both busy and didn’t see each other.

 

I called the only other number that I could think of.

 

The call was picked up, “Noona?”

 

“Oh,” I said, trying to sound sober, “Hyunseong ah, are you busy?”

 

“Were you drinking?” He asked.

 

I chuckled, “Is it obvious?”

 

I heard his soft laughter at the other end. Then he got serious and asked, “Soyu, eodiya?”

 

I sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Author's Notes-

 

Please do comment below on what you think about it so far. The next chapter will be up shortly, maybe this weekend or early next weekend.

 

I am still new to this site, so please give me some tips on what I should fix and maybe just some useful tips that helped you when you first started using this site. Thanks for reading and I'll be with you shortly! ^-^

 

And please check out Sistar's latest song, "I Swear!" It's Y! X)