Rooftop

Dream Diary

And here I am again, standing in the moonshine on a rooftop, high over the streets and the people walking on them.
This was were I ended up every night. I never remember how I got here and why I was here in the first place. All I knew was, that I had to run. Run across the the -most of the time wet- roof tiles, jump from one roof to another, free and fast, the wind playing with my hair, caressing my face and pulling on my clothes.

I never knew if it was a dream or reality but did it matter? No, it didn't. It never did and it didn't matter this night either. And with that I started to run.

The first few meters where always the hardest. I had to find my rhythm, I had to forget about everything, had to forget about the fact that one wrong step would cost my life. As soon as I managed to do so, everything that was left was my steady breath, the sound of my feet on the tiles and the pure feeling of freedom rushing through my veins.
With every step I took, with every jump across the gaps between the houses I felt calmer, happier.

 

I never had a set route I wanted to run, I just went with what I felt but I always ended up at the same spot. And I never ended up to be there alone.
After a few minutes of free running a boy would join me. He jumped from a higher building to land next to me, immediately adapting to my speed. We never talked, and even though we've been running together for months now I don't even know his name. If I would allow myself to space out while running I would definitely had thought that this boy was really good-looking, but that never happened.

And with that we kept running, jumping, climbing, never communicating but always choosing the same route. And every night ends the same. After hours up on hours we end up on the top of the church, silently looking over the city, not talking to each other. All we would hear was our rapid breathing, the gurgle of the nearby stream and the raindrops on the tiles if it happens to be a rainy night.

But this night was a bit different. We ended up on the rooftop again and even though we still wouldn't talk, the boy would step next to me. Without thinking about it we both grabbed each others hands, silently watching over the city like we always did.
But in this night two hearts became one.

 


Authors note:

I've been playing a martial arts MMO the whole day (lots of jumping and running on roofs lol) while listening to Bangtan and this is what my head made out of it.
The boy in that dream was Jimin btw. (surprise, surprise ;;)