Hold Me Tight

Halloween

Jongdae is someone who gets scared easily while Yixing is someone who doesn’t. They are a contrast of each other which made their relationship work most of the time- opposite attracts as they like to call it.

So when it was Halloween, Yixing was delighted. He loves everything that comes that day especially the horror movies playing on the television or at the cinemas. Unfortunately for Jongdae, he promised his boyfriend that they’ll be watching a movie that day. Since it was Halloween, decorations that spooked Jongdae to no ends were all over the place. Yixing’s mouth twitched at the sight of Jongdae whimpering when they were greeted by a person at the cinema who was styled as witch.

“Cool,” Yixing grinned.

Yixing dragged the whining Jongdae towards the witch and decided to take a picture. He decided to place Jongdae in the middle and when Yixing turned his head to look towards his boyfriend, he was so pale. Once they were done, Jongdae broke into a run inside the theatre, not wanting to go near the witch again.

When Yixing found Jongdae, the smaller lad refused to talk or give a glance at Yixing. Yixing found it cute and hilarious. Jongdae didn’t budge in his seat even until the movie started. The horror movie just passed the ten seconds mark and Jongdae was hugging Yixing like a scaredy-cat. He kept murmuring his mother’s name on Yixing’s chest and the older lad can’t help but crack a laugh which got him ferocious looks from the people beside him.

--

“I hate you so much,” Jongdae whispered tears visible on the side of his eyes.

Yixing smiled at him and cupped Jongdae’s face, wiping the tears away with his thumb.

“I told you,” Yixing said, “Just hold me when you’re scared. I’ll protect you, okay?”

Jongdae sighed and looked at his boyfriend with defeat. Yixing raised his eyebrows at him and Jongdae nodded.

“Okay,” the younger lad mumbled.
--
“YIXING!!” Jongdae cried.

Yixing felt nails scratching his chest and he swore that his shirt already had a hole on it. He looked down at Jongdae who was burying his face on Yixing’s chest as they walk inside the massive haunted house.

“There’s nothing here, Jongdae,” Yixing lied.

Being the gullible guy he was, Jongdae dared to look wherever they were going and he thought he was going to die from heart attack. A woman that looked like the ghost from The Ring was standing right in front of them and he just went face to face with the devil. Jongdae immediately buried his face on Yixing’s chest and the older lad’s shirt was soaking wet with tears. Jongdae sobbed and Yixing laughed and hugged his boyfriend tightly in his arms.
--
Jongdae’s throat was sore after they got out of the haunted house and his face was red from crying. Yixing felt guilty when Jongdae kept ignoring him the whole time.

“I think I went a little too far,” Yixing sighed.

Yixing jogged after Jongdae who was way ahead of him. He tried to touch the latter’s arm but Jongdae just walked faster. Yixing’s heart tightened and he knew that he really did go too far with his jokes. The pumpkins and ghost hooked on the trees which seemed amusing to Yixing before now looked annoying.

He caught up with Jongdae and went to stand in front of him. He saw Jongdae’s crying face and Yixing’s face fell. Yixing rested his hands on the younger lad’s shoulder.

“Jongdae,” he started but Jongdae wasn’t looking at him.

He cupped the latter’s face so that they would be able to look at each other. Jongdae stared hard at Yixing and if looks could kill, he would be far from alive right then.

“I’m sorry,” Yixing apologised, “I got carried away.”

Jongdae didn’t mutter a single response so Yixing continued.

“You know that I’m always here to protect you right?” he asked the latter.

Jongdae closed his eyes and sighed. He nodded and muttered, “I know but Yixing, you- you know how scared I get when it comes to haunted houses, yet you take me there.”

Yixing pouted, dropped his hands to his sides and asked, “So you didn’t like hugging me and me hugging you?”

Jongdae’s eyes widened and shook his head frantically, not wanting his boyfriend to get the wrong idea.

“No,” he said again and again, “I love that.”

The older lad smiled widely and threw his head back in laughter. When he calmed down from his high, he was still smiling at Jongdae who had panic sketched on his face. Yixing took a step closer towards Jongdae, resting his hands on the back of Jongdae’s head and kissed his forehead.

“You only love that?” Yixing teased.

Jongdae looked frantic and said, “I love you.”

Yixing tilted his head to the side and smiled at him.

“I love you too,” Yixing told him.

He let his lips touch with Jongdae’s and when he pulled back, his boyfriend was smiling like an idiot.

“Wanna go back to the haunted house again?” the older lad asked jokingly.

Jongdae just glared and pushed him away. He walked away and Yixing laughed at Jongdae’s gesture.

“I’m just kidding,” Yixing whispered when he back hugged the smaller lad, “Let’s go home instead. I got plans for you, babe.”