It Only Makes us Stronger

What Doesn't Kill You

Its funny how someone can mean so much to you one day, and the next, it was like you never existed. 
Sometimes I remember how we once were but I never regret the decision I made to walk away. 
You do understand why I did it? Right Baekhyun?
I really did love you and if I had to say honestly, maybe I still do but I will never go back to you, because I don't want to be let down again. 
~ ~ ~
I'm now lying here all alone in the dark, not being able to sleep, not because I'm lying awake waiting for you, no, I'm just simply thinking about life. 
The nights I waited for you until you came home, the bed always felt so cold and lonely but hey, did you know? The bed feels warmer these day, even though I'm simply sleeping here alone. 

My dreams are no longer plagued with heart breaking thoughts of you but hey, did you know? My dreams are so alive, so full of colour, even though I'm simply doing and dreaming about the things I want.

Sometimes I wonder whether you think you've won, thinking you got the best of me but hey, did you know? You obviously didn't no what was good until it's gone even though I simply walked on out. 

Do you sometimes think whether I'll be running back to your side anytime now but hey, did you know? I'll never be seen at your side again even though I still love you as much as I did back then. 
Baby, if you think you know me, well don't, because you're dead wrong. 
~ ~ ~
Just because you are no longer are a part of my life, it doesn't mean everything is over.
No.
Thanks to you, I've been able to move on with my life. 
Sometimes when I'm walking around the street, I catch glimpses of people who might be you but I never let it be any more than just a glimpse because I'm not searching for you anymore. 
I've been able to be smile and be happy. Spending time working, hanging out with friends and families are my greatest happiness now but I don't meet up with any of our mutual friends because I'm not a part of your concern and you a part of mine anymore. 
~ ~ ~
Fine, I lied. 
I lied when I said you were no longer a part of my concern. 
I still worry about what you are doing right now and how you are or whether you are eating probably or not. 
I still worry because I still care but what about you?
Do you worry about me sometimes? Do you wonder how I am doing?
It's probably wishful thinking but sometimes I still like to think that I am still a part of your concern. 
~ ~ ~
Does she make you happy?
That's all I ever wish for now Baekhyun. I only wish for you happiness. 
There are no longer any feelings of sadness and disappointment but there are also no longer any feelings of love. I've completely moved on now. His name is Sehun and I am happy. 
I've been able to go back to dating but I think it will be a while before I can tie the knot. 
Do you know why?
Its because I'm scared of being let down again and betrayed but I don't blame you. 
I just blame it on life.
They say that the obstacles in a couples relationship will either make it or break it. 
I guess ours was never supposed to be because we broke didn't we?
We broke so fast we didn't even realise it happened. 
~ ~ ~
Baekhyun, it's been several years now. 
I'm now married and expecting my first child but I'm not the only one. 
I want to congratulate you on your wedding. 
You invited me and I accepted. 
It was the first time I saw you since I walked out all those years ago.
You were so happy and that made me smile. Even though it made me feel weird that that place next to youme, it doesn't make me regret anything. 
No, we couldn't be happy together, but we could be happy with someone else. 
That makes all the difference. 
We've been able to have a chance and sit down and talk about where we went wrong. 
Thank you for being a part of my life and thank you for letting me be a part of yours. 
You know, the day I left we thought it was the end, but it was only just the beginning.
We will now part ways.
Maybe someday we will meet again but I know now, that I will no longer be searching or waiting for you; and you will no longer be looking or expecting me. 
It's been tough and emotional but that's just life. 
Right Baekhyun?
Because what doesn't kill us, just only makes us stronger.

~ ~ ~ 

The End

Sorry its bad...

~annagracey~

xx