Chapter 2

The story of us

October 2013

It had been a busy week for IU as she is actively promoting her album to various music programs.  First is Mnet on which she decided to sing 'Modern times', the song with the same title as her album rather than her promotional single 'The Red shoes'.  It is a fun song to sing and she love it together with '50 cm'.  As expected, T-ara is also promoting the singles on their EP album and on all music programs, they would bump into each other.  They were even interviewed together in SBS Ingikayo.

"She's beautiful...but how come she wears dresses like that?" The first thing that comes to GD's mind when he saw IU is how mature she looks with her new aura, gone is the cute girl that used to idolized Youngbae.  But then one look at her dress for the program and he realized how hideous her taste on fashion is. He was waiting for his turn backstage to perform his single "Black" and was heading out from his dressing room when a body bump into him.  The girl mouthed a low toned "sorry" and bowed to him without looking at him.  She seems distracted and he saw her go to another dressing room.  That is when it dawned to him that the girl is IU. 

"GD, your turn" the program director cue had jolted him and all thoughts of IU was wiped from his mind.

IU was not aware of GD when she went backstage after her performance to seek Jiyeon.  She knows she seemed indifferent during their interview together and she doesn't want her friend to misunderstand her.  As a soloist, she only have small close friends in the music industry and she doesn't want to lose that just because of her agency's stupid rule to lie low from scandals while in promotion and making low means not hanging out with Jiyeon. 

Oncam, she tried to follow her agency as she knows that they are also suffering because of her and she doesn't want to be a burden to her fellow labelmates.  Besides, she appreciates her agency's effort to build her image again but her stubborn nature just can't do it offcam.  So instead of heading to her dressing room, she sought T-ara instead.  She remembered her conversation with Jiyeon 3 weeks ago.

IU just recently learned from her manager the exact date of her album released and the first thing that come into her mind is Jiyeon. 

"Jiyeon ah..I have good and bad news..my comeback date has been set but....it seems it will be on the same date as yours...I'm really sorry..I have tried.." IU phoned her friend immediately upon she heard the news.

"I have heard...but Jieun ah...I have told you countless times that really..it's alright...you don't have to apologize..." Jiyeon cut her friend..."I am happy for both of us for our comeback after those things.." "I can sense your smiling now" Jiyeon goad her friend  and IU smiled.

"You are right..that is something we can't change...so let's just support each other...ok? Fighting" IU raise her fist that she almost drop her phone which makes Jiyeon laugh from the other side.  How she miss Jiyeon's laugh.

She did not see a man standing on her way. "Opps...sorry" she bowed without looking up and continued her quest to find Jiyeon.  She found her with her groupmates and when Jiyeon saw her, her friends eyes lit up. 

"Jieun ah.."

She bowed to her groupmates and indicated to her friend that she wants to talk.  They went back to the hallway.

"Jiyeon ah...sorry about a while ago.."

"Jieun ah..." her friend cut her with a big hug.  "That was a fantastic performance and it was a very good song...Look, I know, ok.  I have the same stupid rule from my agency" her friend told her.

"Let's compete then, whoever wins will treat" Jiyeon challenged her which elicits laughter from her.

"Jiyeon, we are next" Eunjung called from behind.

"Let's meet afterwards..goodluck and fighting"...IU told her friend indicating her support.

.............................................................................................................................................................

Our top 3  are: T-ara's 'Number 9', IU's 'The red shoes' & IU's 'Everybody has secrets'...let's see who is the winner for this week..it's IU 'The red shoes'. 

IU smiled widely as she accepted the trophy from the joyous Kwanghee.  Lee Hyun woo congratulated her and she saw that her friend was also happy for her win.  How she miss these two guys who had been her friends when she MC'd Ingikayo.  She saw from the corner of her eye Jiyeon waving her fist in joy and once her encore was finished and the closing credits appeared, IU was hugged by Jiyeon.

"Congrats Jieun ah"

"Thanks Jiyeon ah...next week, it's your turn" she told her friend.

"Nah..too many competition..I am just happy you win..coz you will be treating me.." Jiyeon linked her arm with IU and both went to IU's car to celebrate her victory.

................................................................................................................................................................

"Congratulations Bro.." an excited Taeyang hugged GD.  They had been friends since they were young and even before they became groupmates, Taeyang will always be GD's closest friend in the industry.

"I didn't know that she's in Korea"...Taeyang started his conversation while lazing around on GD's meticulous kitchen. He doesn't understand why GD needs a big kitchen and dining room overlooking the river when he can barely cook and he doesn't even eat at home.  He is always outside and only comes to his big apartment once in a while.

"Did Hyung told you to speak to me about her?" GD is irritated now.  How come everyone wants to treat him like a small child.  Isn't he is big enough to decide what is good and bad for him?

"Don't get me wrong Jiyong.."

'Here we go again' GD is not even listening to Taeyang litany of how he loves him like a brother and believes that someday, he will find someone who will love him as he is and not because he is a celebrity. He know how Taeyang can be passionate in something that he believes in, the same belief that he has on his religion.  They might not see each other eye to eye but he knows Youngbae's loyalty and love on him. 

"As I said, Hyung is just concern...tsk tsk" Taeyang saw GD sprawled in the sofa and seems asleep.  So he is not really listening to him.  Well, he did his best and he might give up now.  He remembered his conversation with GD's manager a while ago.  The reason for all these conversations that GD did not even listened to.

"Youngbae, we were very all concerned..the girl will only bring him more scandal and in his position right now, he cannot afford to have another scandal"  He was entrusted by their Hyung to get GD to listen to him.  He reasoned out that the only person GD listened to is himself.  But boy, did he tried.

"Jiyong, I had a photoshoot today.  Call me if you want to talk"  GD saw the note Taeyoung put in his coffee table.  He remembers fondly the first time he met Taeyang.

"I'm Dong Yongbae..nice to meet you" an awkward 13 year old boy, Youngbae was so shy when he meet the new trainee named Kwon Ji Yong.  Jiyong has a tough persona and even though he knows he is the same age as him, the new trainee seems a lot older than his age.

"Jiyong, did you buy me the food that I want? " Yongbae saw an older trainee asked Jiyong. 

"Of course Hyung, I will never forget it" and Jiyong had provided the older trainees their food. 

"You are the best Jiyong...wow, you even remembered that?...you'll become successful someday with that kind of attitude" Those were the praises that Jiyong would receive and Yongbae felt the uneasiness inside...'Am I jealous?  No...I shouldn't be, he is a good person..' that's what he keep saying to himself but he can't control his jealousy.  As time goes by, he saw how talented the new trainee and how he had captured the hearts of everyone.

"Hyung, towel?" a very friendly Jiyong had asked Yongbae.

"Hyung? We are the same age?" Yongbae scorned.

"Sorry, I was informed.."Jiyong rationalize.

"Look, it's just 3 months..you don't need to use honorific" Yongbae scoofed and went out without taking the towel.

Jiyong was left thinking if using honorific to Yongbae is really a big issue because he seems angry with him. 

When he tries to help him, he always rejects his help.  When he is on the room, Yongbae went outside.  He is not mean or anything but it seems he just doesn't like him.  It goes for 6 months and the YG boss Yang Hyusuk had called both of them.

"Jiyong, you are really a genius.." YH praised the all smiles Jiyong.  For the first time in his life, Jiyong felt that he is where he is supposed to be. Then he saw Yongbae ashen face and saw the sadness in his eyes.

"Congrats...the song is good" all the older trainees had praised Jiyong.  He saw Yongbae in the corner, not speaking.  Then he saw Yongbae went outside the practice room.

"Yongbae, wait..."

"What do you want? " was Yongbae's short reply when Jiyong managed to cornered him in the dancing practice room. 

"I just wanted to ask what is the problem and maybe we could talk about it" Jiyong sat on the floor of the room.

Youngbae had ignored him and instead continued dancing to Bow wow "that's my name". 

Youngbae feels heaven when he is dancing.  He danced for almost 2 hours and all his frustrations inside had vanished.  For the first time, dancing is something that he is really good at and this is something that he doesn't need to compete with that smug Jiyong.  Then he remembered him and he stopped dancing.  He looked on the spot where he was before and here he is.  Sleeping on the floor with his head down on his knees.

"Damn, why didn't he left me alone? " he said out loud.  He felt guilty inside because he could have left and went to his room in the dorm as he know that he was very tired due to all those lyric writing that he needs to do for Boss Yang. 

"Jiyong.." he nudged him.

"You're finished" a very sleepy Jiyong answered him with a grin. 

'A grin, is he mental?' Youngbae is thinking.  'I had ignored him and let him sleep on the floor and he is grinning on me?' 

"You are really a good dancer Youngbae.  I hope I could learn to dance at least half of what you are" a very sincere Jiyong had said. "Will you teach me?  I could also teach you lyric writing" he offered to a flabbergasted young boy.

"You.." Youngbae is now very guilty.  Jiyong is not what he thinks he is and he is really a good person.

"Look, I know you don't like me but I really wanted to be your friend.  Maybe someday, we can be rivals or we can be on the same group but I hope we still remains friend." Jiyong truthfully tells him.

"Eventhough I am an to you when you first came here?" an apologetic Youngbae answered.

Jiyong flashed him his boyish smile and that was the beginning of their friendship.

Jiyong's thoughts was interrupted by a ring on his phone.

"Hello...this is Jiyong.." he didn't finish his greeting.

"Hyung, you are in the news" Seungri told him.  Jiyong received the linked from Seungri and it is a headline from Dispatch when he opens it. "GD was caught in a party with Kiko".