Chapter 1

The story of us

August 2013

"IU, we have postponed the release of your new album to October"..that is the first news that Ji eun received from her manager when she answer the phone early in the morning.  Her last full length album 'Last Fantasy' was released almost 2 years ago and it had taken her almost a year to prepare for her 3rd full album.  She had been in hiatus last year due to the scandal that almost ruined her career and thankfully, due to the support of her family, friends and fans, she was able to survive the past year. 

She felt a sudden pain and like a passerby watching the scenes unfolding on her eyes, she remembered the past as if it just happened yesterday.

"IU..are you still there?" the words from her manager has made her came back to the present.

"Yes..bujangnim..I'm listening.."

"Well, as I said, the CEO decided to postpone the release because they have learned from a reliable source that YG will be releasing G Dragon's album also in September instead this August as they have previously announced."  the manager explained.

"But bujangnim..this is a competitive industry..of course..everyone of us will eventually compete with each other.." she reasoned out.  The truth is that she doesn't want to release her album in October because she learned that T-ara, the girl group whom her friend Jiyeon belongs will also release their comeback album in October.  She know the hardships that her friend had endured due to the scandal that T-ara was involved in, more than a year ago and she wanted their comeback to succeed the same way she want hers.  

"You remembered what happened..." her manager hesitates..slightly embarassed.  He doesn't want to remind IU of the past as he knows that she had enough pain and as his manager, he want to shield her from that pain but he doesn't know what to do.  He had been her manager since she started her debut and since then, he had love her like a brother's love for his sister.  He had seen all the trials that she had endured being a soloist in an industry populated by groups.  She is barely 16 yrs. old when she debuted and it was not a great success.  He saw how she work hard to learn everything and anything she can learn in order to stay afloat. Above all, he saw how she treated everyone around her, even the lowest staff with the same respect she shows to their management.  That's when he decided to support IU's dreams and like a proud family, he is happy when she is happy.  

Of course she does..everyday on her life..she is always reminded of that mistake.  She did not say anything.

"IU..look..this is for your best..we don't know yet how will the public accept you..after what happened and having G Dragon as your competitor will not be good for you...he is currently hot globally and there was even rumours that his album is already sold out before they were even release"..her manager reasoned out.

She want to say that she doesn't care..about G Dragon or how popular he is..she just want to help her friend and if she will compete with anyone..better it be someone she doesn't care about rather than someone she loves.  But she can't and she hate herself for that...just because of one mistake.. and right now, her agency is the boss..she can't say no because she doesn't have the power.

She remembered all those hardships that she had to endure just to have a say on her career.  When she was debuting, her agency had packaged her as a ballad singer but it did not succeed.  To date, her song 'Mia' is still one of the songs that she love though it failed.  Later on, her agency decided to packaged her in a cutesy image, making her sing bubblegum songs and wear outlandish outfits.  Although she hate her image during that time, she endured it because after all, she is still an unknown singer.  Then slowly, she had started to gain the respect and recognition of her peers and the public in the music industry and was able to have hit songs after another.  She was even recognised by Billboard as one of the singer under 21 that will be the future of the music industry alongside foreign popular young singers, the only one from Korea during that time that was included in the list.  She remembered the happiness and amazement that she felt when she learned about it.  During her early years, she tried to voice out her opinions to her agency and although, some of them were ultimately rejected, little by little, her agency had listened to her inputs and she felt that she is eventually respected and her opinions mattered .  Yet, just for one mistake, it's like she is back again at square one. 

"I will let you know the exact date for the release but for now..let's just wait"...her manager told her before saying goodbye.

She hang up the phone with a pain in her heart.  'I am sorry Jiyeon ah'..

..............................................................................................................................................................

"Cmon GD...lee..ts..purr...ty"  ...a very drunk Kiko tried to coax the equally drunk GD to dance with her by swaying her hips and pulling the man on her lap but with no avail.  The man of the party is very intoxicated and cannot even keep his eyes open.  It's like he is seeing 20,000 planets and he is just smiling like a crazy old man.  This is the best day of his life and it's his birthday after all.  He is in a famous club with his buddies, partying like there's no tomorrow.  The smell of booze and alcohol is on the air and everyone are either intoxicated like him, just retreating on their own world, busy making out with someone drunk like them or just out on the dance floor dancing like idiots. They are in a private club so no one can disturb them nor complain how loud the music is.

"You're no fun..." Kiko pout her lips when she cannot get a reaction from GD.  She tried to stand up but she can't.  One of their buddy helped her and she felt that he is not only helping her but is also touching her private parts.  She tried to evade his hands but she can't, she's very drunk and instead, she is enjoying it.  They had make out in front of enebriated GD.  The man finally released her and she collapsed on GD's body like a log.

"What the...ouch.." GD touched his head and felt the after effect of alcohol.  He tried to sit up but he is seeing stars and decided to lie down again.  He is on his room and he can't remember how he end up on this room when the last thing that he remembered is partying like crazy with his friends.  A knock from his door distracted him and the image of his personal manager, Kim Nam Gook was revealed.

"You're up..." the manager went to his bed. "Do you need anything?"

"Hyung...how did..?"

"You were very drunk last night.  Luckily, one of your friends was not and called me.  Otherwise, you will be all over front page news again with that girl.." there was a hint of disapproval on his voice when he mentioned the last word.

GD is not stupid not to heard the disapproval but pretended otherwise.  He respects his manager, he is one of those people that he know he can trust and really takes care of him.  He was BigBang's manager before he became his personal manager when he decided to go solo.  He loves him like an older brother and he knows that he only wants what is best for him.  But his last word made him remember that Kiko is with him last night.

"Where is she?" He decided to ask.

"We have carried her to her hotel" the manager grimly answered.  He did not elaborate that he had to call the agency and ask for a back up just in case the news of the partying already reached the newstands. Thankfully, the agency's PR already prevented the news from spreading like wildfire.  He also did not tell GD that the girl is almost half when they saw her.  It confirm his suspicion but he did not want to embarass him so he did not say anything.  He is one of the people that knows the real GD and he loves him like a little brother.  He had worked with other YG artist before working as Bigbang's manager.  But one incident endeared him to the young GD and that was when not long ago that he made a decision to quit due to personal reasons.  GD heard about it and calls him from overseas telling him that he can never quit.  That is when he decided that he will support this young man's dream and will be there for him no matter what.  

"Is she alright?" worry can be seen on GD's face.

"Of course she is, with the amount of alcohol that she consumed and all those medicines that she takes...I am presuming that she is still asleep at the moment" the manager answers with a hint of joke about the medicine.  They both know what he is talking about but GD pretended that he doesn't understand.

"Just lie down for a while, I will check your schedules" he finally give him a medicine for his hangover.

"By the way, your album was postponed for September release" he says before closing the door.

He checked GD's schedule when a beep from his phone distracted him.  He frowned when he saw the photos of the party from the social networking site.  He called the agency's PR at once.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry it took me awhile to update!!!Been busy with real life...

Update:  wow I forgot about this fanfiction for awhile and GDIU on IC had inspired me again to finish this fanfic.  It may take awhile as I am really busy nowadays but will definitely upload the chapters that I have already finished.   Thanks for the support still..xoxo..