Saving Grace

Saving Face
Yay a sequel finally! It took a little while to come up with this, but I think it's nice and long so hopefully that'll satisfy all you Taengsic shippers out there :)
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A few weeks had passed since Jessica had found Taeyeon hiding in her room crying her eyes out. The blonde had been slightly depressed for a few days after that, but she quickly recovered and reverted to her usual chipper self. Jessica was glad; a depressed Taeyeon equals an equally depressed Tiffany, who was on of Taeyeon's childhood friends. The two had spent a day on Jessica's couch eating ice cream and singing horribly off-tune to whatever song came on the radio and blasted through Jessica's rather large speakers. Tiffany was also one of Jessica's closest friends too, so seeing both Taeyeon AND Tiffany on her couch eating through five tubs of ice cream hadn't done anything to relieve her stress, especially when they'd sob and cling to her every time she walked through the door, wailing their hearts out.
 
A knock suddenly sounded on her door. "It's open." Jessica called from the kitchen. She heard the door to her dorm open and close. A few seconds later, a bobbing blonde head came into her line of vision accompanied by a cheery "Hi Mao Mao!"
 
Jessica rolled her eyes and turned back to her task at hand, which was making breakfast. "Hi MongTae." She replied sarcastically. Taeyeon chuckled and helped herself to a seat at Jessica's kitchen table as the brunette took an egg out of her refrigerator. 
 
"What're you doing?" Taeyeon suddenly said, frantically getting up to stop her. Jessica looked up.
 
"What? I'm making breakfast." She said, putting down the egg she was holding. 
 
Taeyeon laughed. "You're using a soup pot to make an egg. And you didn't turn the fire on. Who taught you how to cook?" She joked, gently taking the pot and replacing it with a pan. 
 
Jessica groaned and turned away from Taeyeon. "Ugh. Stupid Sunny." She grumbled, storming away from the kitchen. She disappeared into her room and shut the door, leaving Taeyeon by herself in Jessica's kitchen with a frying pan and egg.
 
The blonde sighed affectionately and chuckled. Turning back to the stove, she quickly heated the pan and whipped up a quick breakfast for Jessica and herself. After she was done, she quickly cleaned up and knocked on Jessica's door. "Sica, want breakfast?"
 
After a few seconds of prolonged silence, the door creaked open and Jessica came out with a pout on her face. She silently slipped past Taeyeon to the kitchen, and immediately began stuffing her face. Taeyeon chuckled and followed suit. They ate in silence for awhile, until Taeyeon spoke.
 
"Hey I heard from Sulli that some guy asked Soojung out the other day." She said with a mouthful of pancakes. 
 
Jessica's reaction was instant and murderous. "WHAT?! Soojung? What did she say?" She asked, slamming a fist on the table.
 
Taeyeon steadied her cup of coffee. "Woah, easy there. Soojung said no anyway." She replied to the fuming Jessica.
 
Jessica instantly relaxed. "Oh. Well that's good." She said calmly, leaning back with a relaxed expression.
 
Taeyeon shrugged. "I guess. Ah, kids these days." She grinned jokingly at Jessica.
 
Jessica nodded nonchalantly, sipping her coffee. "Love is in the air." She remarked, finishing the last of her eggs. "This is the fifth person that's asked Soojung out this month."
 
Taeyeon nodded. "Really? Well, Soojung's pretty popular though." 
 
Jessica nodded. "I guess. Anyway, Kim Taeyeon, I heard you rejected some girl the other day."
 
Taeyeon looked up, surprised. "How'd you know?" She asked curiously. 
 
Jessica rolled her eyes. "Well since you didn't tell me, I found out through Sunny and Tiffany." She said, shooting the blonde an accusing glare. 
 
Taeyeon shrugged. "Sorry. I was going to tell you but I couldn't find you." She said, finishing her pancakes. 
 
Jessica sighed dramatically. "Whatever Kim Taeyeon. Why'd you reject her though? I heard she was pretty cute." She said as nonchalantly as possible, trying not to let her jealousy show. 
 
Taeyeon shrugged again. "She's not my type. Plus, I have my own crushes too you know?" She grinned at Jessica, whose jaw had dropped.
 
"…You have a crush on someone?" Jessica asked dumbly. Taeyeon giggled and nodded like a little kid. 
 
Jessica blinked disbelievingly. "Who?! And why didn't you tell me earlier?" She protested, pointing an accusing finger at the blonde.
 
Taeyeon laughed. Jessica glared at her. "Stop laughing ahjumma! Tell me who!" She demanded at the still-giggling Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon suddenly smirked at her mischievously. "Do you really want to know?" She asked slyly.
 
"Yes!" Jessica immediately replied.  
 
"Really?"
 
"Yes!"
 
"Are you sure?"
 
Jessica growled in frustration. "For the last time, YES!" She yelled at her friend.
 
Taeyeon smirked. "Well then let's play a game."
 
 
Jessica's rage was instantly replaced by confusion. "Huh."
 
"A game!" Taeyeon's eyes lit up in excitement. "A guessing game! You ask me questions, and if they're not dead giveaways I'll answer them all. And all you have to do is guess whom I like. Okay?" The blonde explained happily.
 
Jessica's eyes slowly narrowed and she took deep breaths. "Seriously? You're making me play a game just for this?"
 
Taeyeon feigned hurt, placing a hand over her heart. "This is important Sica! I feel very strongly for this person and I'm willing to expose my fragile heart to you just like this!" She exclaimed dramatically.
 
Jessica rolled her eyes, knowing what kind of nonsense she would have to deal with if she agreed to this rather suspicious game. "Ugh, I don't care. Find someone else to play you weirdo." She replied, trying not to show the hurt she was feeling.
 
Taeyeon tsked and pulled out her phone. "Well I guess you're not getting this back then." She smirked at the brunette, showing her a picture.
 
Jessica looked quizzically at the phone screen. It was a picture of her favorite book. She's gotten it from Tiffany for her birthday, and it was a limited edition hardcover that was signed to Jessica by the author himself. Tiffany had gotten it for her while she was visiting her family in America, and gotten it signed there as well. It was very valuable to Jessica, and judging by the evil look on Taeyeon's face, she knew it.
 
Jessica quickly got up and ran to her room. She looked on her bookshelf where she kept her prized book, only to find that it really wasn't there.
 
"Oh that little devil…"
 
She groaned, suddenly too tired to unleash HellSica on the blonde sitting at her kitchen table and she wearily trudged back to a smug Taeyeon. 
 
"Well?" The blonde asked, a triumphant smirk on her face.
 
Jessica buried her face in her hands. "I hate you. Fine, I'll play." She reluctantly agreed, trying to ignore the pangs of jealousy in her chest.
 
"Yay!" Taeyeon clapped happily. "Today's Monday. You have a week. If you can't guess by Saturday, then I guess you'll never know where I hid your book." She said gleefully.
 
Jessica glared lasers at the blonde but agreed anyway. She knew Taeyeon would never hurt her book, and if worst came to worst she'd go in and take her book back by force and blackmail.
 
"Fine. So how does this work? I just ask you questions?" Jessica asked. 
 
Taeyeon nodded. "Yup. As many as you want."
 
Jessica sighed. "Alright then. What's this person's name?"
 
Taeyeon pouted. "That's not fair! I said I'd answer them if the weren't dead giveaways."
 
Jessica sighed again. "Fine, fine. Have it your way. What color hair?"
 
"She has brown hair."
 
"So it's a girl…" Jessica mentally noted. "Do I know her?"
 
"Yup. You probably know her better than anyone else."
 
Jessica crinkled her nose in thought. "Okay… is she pale or tan?"
 
"Pale."
 
"Tall or short?"
 
"Taller than me, but not that tall."
 
"What?! I don't know anyone like that…" Jessica internally groaned. 
 
Looks like she was in for a rough week.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"JESSI! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU ALL DAY!"
 
Jessica winced as a familiar voice suddenly boomed through the library, shattering all sense of serenity. Several students turned to the perpetrator and shot her glares and shushes, but of course Tiffany Hwang couldn't care less. She made her way to Jessica's table ignoring all the glares. "Hi Jessi!" She beamed, sending her best friend her famous eyesmile.
 
"Hi Tiff." Jessica replied, silently apologizing to the librarian who was still glaring at them. 
 
"Where have you been? I haven't seen you all morning!" the loud redhead exclaimed, making herself comfortable next to Jessica.
 
The brunette sighed, and proceeded to explain the whole ordeal with Taeyeon to her fellow American friend. Tiffany listened to the entire story, her grin getting wider by the second. 
 
"-so she blackmailed me into playing her stupid guessing game, and frankly I have no clue who this person could possibly be!" Jessica finished venting her morning frustrations to her best friend.
 
"Well did you ask her anything?" Tiffany asked, brushing dark red hair from her face.
 
"All I got was that it's a girl, she has brown hair, she's pale, and she's taller than Taeyeon but not exactly tall." Jessica listed off her mornings findings to Tiffany.
 
"Ah. That sounds about right." Tiffany chuckled, leaning back with a satisfied expression.
 
Jessica turned to stare down her best friend. "Why? Did she tell you who it is?"
 
Tiffany couldn't contain her chuckle any longer, and she nodded with a grin.
 
Jessica stared incredulously. "Tell me!" She demanded.
 
Tiffany quickly shook her head. "No way. You have to figure it out yourself!"
 
Jessica groaned, and hit her head against the table. "Why does everyone hate me?" She groaned miserably.
 
Tiffany chuckled and patted her best friend's back. "Don't worry it'll totally be worth it. I think you'll be surprised." She smiled, and suddenly sat up. 
 
"I almost forgot! Taetae told me to tell you that Yoona's looking for you. Something about her English class." Tiffany said, getting up.
 
Jessica frowned. "You could've gone to help her too." She said, packing up her things.
 
"Yeah but I promised to meet Sooyoung at that new cafè that just opened a few days ago." Tiffany explained, handing Jessica her last book.
 
"Alright, see you later then." Jessica smiled at Tiffany, slinging her bag over her shoulders.
 
Tiffany gave the brunette a tight hug. "Bye Jessi!" She said, then pranced out of the library.
 
Jessica noticed the librarian glaring at Tiffany on her way out.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Unnie! Where were you?" Yoona whined as Jessica sat down across from her. 
 
"Sorry Yoong, I was in the library." Jessica apologized to her beloved dongsaeng who was stuffing large chunks of chicken in . She quickly ordered a salad and took out a pen. "What'd you need help with?"
 
Yoona pointed to a page of reading questions that were all in English, and Jessica quickly translated them. "Is that it?" She asked the still-eating taller girl.
 
"Mhm! Thanks unnie, you're the best!" Yoona smiled gratefully. 
 
"You're welcome flounder." Jessica teased. 
 
Yoona stuck her tongue out. "Whatever. So I heard about you and Taeyeon unnie's game."
 
Jessica groaned. "Yeah. Do you know who she likes?"
 
Yoona nodded cheekily, looking very much like a hamster. "Yup! I can't tell you though."
 
Jessica resisted the urge to sigh, and she quickly fought down all feelings of jealousy. "Alright then." She said, and scarfed down the rest of her salad.
 
Yoona patted her back. "Don't worry unnie, I think you'll be surprised." She said, cackling in a way that showed the chewed chicken in .
 
Jessica glared at Yoona, resisting the urge to punch her dongsaeng in the face.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The next day, Jessica found Taeyeon sitting on her bed in her room with her legs dangling over the edge. She perked up when she saw the brunette. "Hi Sica!"
 
Jessica couldn't help but soften at the dorky smile. "Hey Taengoo."
 
"Did you figure it out?" The blonde asked. 
 
Jessica glowered. "I have a few guesses." She said defensively, crossing her arms over her chest.
 
Taeyeon laughed. "Oh? Let's hear some." 
 
"Okay. Goo Hara?" Jessica asked, sitting down next to Taeyeon who instantly snuggled closer to her. 
 
"Heh, nope."
 
"Chaerin?"
 
"Nope."
 
"Park Bom?"
 
"Nope."
 
"Victoria?"
 
"Nope."
 
Jessica's eyes suddenly narrowed. "It better not be my Soojung." She glared threateningly at the blonde.
 
Taeyeon chuckled. "No, not precious little Soojungie. I heard some guy Sunny knows asked her out yesterday though."
 
Jessica sighed. "I haven't seen Soojung in a few days. I'll have to call her later." She said, leaning in her mass of cushions against her headboard.
 
"Our baby Jung is growing up." Taeyeon chuckled. "Anyway, is that all you got?"
 
Jessica frowned, thinking. "Sunny?"
 
Taeyeon shot her an incredulous look. "Sunny? Soonkyu? Ew!"
 
Jessica laughed. "I'm teasing. That's all I came up with though. I guess I'll have to ask more questions."
 
"Fire away." Taeyeon said, yawning and snuggling closer to Jessica who was trying not to blush.
 
"Okay. How old is she?"
 
"Our age."
 
"Long hair?"
 
"Yup."
 
"Favorite color?"
 
"White."
 
"Cute?"
 
"The cutest." Taeyeon grinned cheekily at her. Jessica fought down another wave of jealousy.
 
"Huh. Are you sure I know this person?" Jessica asked the blonde who had her head on Jessica's lap.
 
Taeyeon turned so she was lying on her back and looking up at Jessica. Jessica found herself drowning in dark onyx orbs. "I'm pos-i-tive." She said, reaching up to poke Jessica's nose with every syllable. 
 
Jessica groaned and leaned back on the abundance of pillows. The other girl chuckled, and soon they both fell asleep.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It was Wednesday. Jessica still had no clue who Taeyeon's mystery crush was, and frankly it was driving her nuts.
 
"Hi Jessica unnie." Seohyun's gentle smile came into the brunette's line of view. 
 
"Hey Seo." Jessica greeted. "What's up?"
 
Seohyun pulled a book out of her bag. "I just wanted to return the book to you." She said, handing the book to her unnie.
 
"Oh." Jessica smiled and took the book. "How was it? Did you like it?" She asked the younger girl.
 
Seohyun nodded. "I liked it a lot. Thanks for letting me borrow it." She said with a smile.
 
"Anytime Joohyun." Jessica smiled at the girl, putting the book in her bag. 
 
"So how's it going with Taeyeon unnie?" Seohyun asked innocently as Jessica closed her bag.
 
The expression on the older girl's face instantly turned sour, and Seohyun almost regretted asking. "It's going great." Jessica practically growled, messing her hair in frustration. "I'm starting to think I actually don't know this crush of hers."
 
Seohyun shook her head. "You do unnie, I'm positive."
 
Jessica's head whipped around to face the younger girl. "Don't tell me you know too."
 
Seohyun looked around nervously, and she guiltily nodded. Jessica exhaled in frustration and leaned back in her chair.
 
"I just don't understand why she's making me of all people guess while she tells all of you people without hesitation." Jessica complained to the younger girl, leaning back in her chair.
 
Seohyun tilted her head. "I think it's because you're very special to Taeyeon unnie, and I'm sure she has her own reasons for it." She chose her words carefully.
 
Jessica sighed and put her head down on the table. Seohyun patted her back. "Don't worry unnie, I'm sure you'll be surprised."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Taengoo this is too hard!"
 
Taeyeon smiled at the sight. Jessica was sprawled out on her bed, limbs everywhere and blonde hair astrew, an arm dramatically against her forehead. "I'm not gonna tell you unless you guess." She said the the pouting brunette in a sing-song voice. 
 
Jessica pouted. "Is it Gyuri?"
 
"Nope."
 
"Sulli?"
 
"No way."
 
"Minzy?"
 
"Noo."
 
"Hyoyeon?"
 
"What the heck?!"
 
"Ji Hyo?"
 
"Nope."
 
Jessica sighed in frustration. She was running out of guesses and it was only Thursday. 
 
"Can you tell me what the first letter of her name is?" She begged the blonde.
 
Taeyeon frowned. "That would give it away! If you really can't guess, then by tomorrow I'll tell you." She said. "You really still don't know?"
 
Jessica shook her head with a pout. Taeyeon sighed. "Seriously? And I told you all that?"
 
Jessica snorted. "Okay, I know she has brown hair and brown eyes. She's not really really tall but she's taller than you." Taeyeon nodded.
 
"She likes white, watermelon, sleeping, air conditioning, and singing. She also hates running and insects. She's our age and has a little sister around Soojung's age, and all our friends seem to know her except me." Jessica glared at Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon nodded. "Yup. Well then, since you really don't know what you're doing I guess I'll tell you what her first name starts with."
 
Jessica sat up, trying not to look angry. Taeyeon thought for a second before a smirk ghosted across her lips.
 
"S."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Friday was soon coming to an end, and Jessica was slowly starting to panic. She'd went around her grade's classes picking out all the S names she could. She'd ruled out Sooyoung, Sunny, Sulli, and Soojung (who didn't match the description anyway but still, Jessica was completely paranoid)
 
There was a knock on her door before it opened revealing Yuri, Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung. They waltzed in her luxurious dorm with a quick greeting before making themselves at home. Sunny and Hyoyeon went to turn on Jessica's gaming system (that she rarely used), Yuri went to the bathroom, and Sooyoung went straight to the refrigerator. 
 
"Hello to you too." Jessica muttered before going to close the door. 
 
"Hey Sica." Sooyoung greeted with a mouthful of turkey. "This is pretty good, where'd you get it?"
 
Jessica rolled her eyes and ignored the shikshin who continued to stuff her face. "What're you all doing here?" She asked the group.
 
Yuri answered as she came into the kitchen "We were supposed to hang with Taeyeon but something came up, so she sent us here."
 
Jessica looked confused. "Why would she do that?"
 
They shrugged. "No idea."
 
Jessica shrugged. "Alright then. Are any of you willing to tell me who Taeyeon's crushing on?" She asked hopefully.
 
No one answered.
 
"Whatever." Jessica muttered, then headed back to her room. 
 
Yuri looked at her fellow comrades. "I feel bad." She grinned ruefully. 
 
Sunny shrugged. "Well we promised to help the midget didn't we?"
 
Sooyoung snickered. "I don't think you're in any position to call her a midget, midget."
 
"Yah! Take that back Choi Sooyoung!" Sunny protested, throwing a pillow at the taller girl.
 
"What amazes me is that Sica still hasn't figured it out." Hyoyeon chuckled, tossing the thrown pillow back to Sunny.
 
"Right?" Yuri chuckled, intercepting the flying pillow and putting it on her lap. "Poor Sicachu, she must feel awful. I think a week was too much."
 
"Maybe." Sunny agreed. "But she'd never admit that she likes Taeyeon anyway, so she seems alright."
 
"Key word: seems." Sooyoung said between bites of turkey.
 
"Well it's Friday. I'm sure it'll be fine." Hyoyeon commented nonchalantly, leaning back against Sunny.
 
"I hope." Yuri said, looking back at where Jessica had been a few moments ago.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It was Saturday. 
 
Jessica had stayed up all night trying to figure out who this mysterious girl could be. She'd asked around; no one gave her a straight answer though. She'd looked through old yearbooks, walked around the campus looking for anyone who could match the description, even asked a complete stranger what her favorite color was. Her efforts were in vain though, since she couldn't find anyone who matched Taeyeon's description. She avoided Taeyeon all day so she wouldn't have to face her, and it was working all day until a few minutes ago when Sunny, Taeyeon's roommate, had texted Jessica saying that Taeyeon was heading to her dorm room.
 
There was a knock on her door and she groaned. "It's open." She called half-heartedly at the closed door. It swung open and clicked shut within seconds, and Taeyeon's blonde head came into her line of vision.
 
"It's Saturday Sica!" She beamed at the brunette lying down on her bed.
 
"Yes." Jessica replied lifelessly, an arm over her forehead.
 
"Did you figure it out?" Taeyeon asked, sitting on the bed next to the brunette.
 
Jessica sighed. "Is it Sunyoung?"
 
"Nope."
 
"Seohyun?"
 
"No way!"
 
"Sunghee?"
 
"No."
 
"Seungyeon?"
 
"Nope."
 
Jessica groaned. "Kim Taeyeon, I hate you."
 
Taeyeon chuckled. "Still can't guess? Really? I think I made it pretty obvious."
 
Jessica glared at her half-heartedly. "Not really. Are you sure I know this girl?"
 
Taeyeon smirked. "Yes, I'm sure Sica. Well I'll give you some more hints now, and you try to guess okay?"
 
Jessica could only nod, feeling a sense of hopelessness and disappointment cloud her mind. It was clear to her where she stood in Taeyeon's life; no matter how good the blonde was to her or how much time she spent with her, she would always see Jessica as just a friend.
 
"Well, she's really pretty. So pretty it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out." Jessica couldn't help but chuckle at her friend's bizarre description.
 
"She's a really good singer, although she never tells anyone. She unexpectedly loves to read, and sometimes write. She seems really cold at first, but once you get to know her she's one of the warmest people you'll ever meet."
 
Jessica stared blankly up at the ceiling in thought. Taeyeon's eyes landed on her face as she continued.
 
"She loves to sleep more than anyone I know, and everyone thinks she's really beautiful. She also has a little sister who's really pretty, and a father who used to be a boxer. Her sister's the same age as Soojung, and her best friend's from America." 
 
Jessica slowly seemed to connect the dots so Taeyeon continued, moving closer and closerto the brunette with every word. "She's anything but typical; a sweet surprise? She's got more things to do than stare at a mirror, and she's always looking on the bright sides."
 
Jessica slowly turned her head to face Taeyeon, who continued on. "She doesn't eat cucumbers; actually she hates them. She loves fashion though, and even though people think she's cool and passive she's actually one of the most adorable, excitable people I know. She screams like a dolphin. She cries when she's angry. She's horrible at cooking; she even burns water. She was once reported missing at a friend's gathering; turns out she was sleeping in the bathroom. She's lazy but she's really good at soccer and boxing. She's actually erted too; she takes pictures of her friends while they're changing for fun. She speaks fluent English, and she walks like a sergeant."
 
Jessica's eyes widened as Taeyeon was suddenly on top of her, hovering above her laying form. "She has multiple nicknames; Ice princess, LaySica, Sicachu, Sickal, Mao Mao, Sergent." The blonde said, her dark eyes searching Jessica's baby brown ones. 
 
"I… Tae…" Jessica started.
 
"And her name." Taeyeon cut her off.
 
A fragile silence hung in the air as they both held their breaths.
 
"… is Jung Sooyeon."
 
Jessica didn't say anything in reply; not like she could anyway. Plus, she was too busy enjoying the soft pair of lips that had placed themselves on hers and the warmth that came with them.
 
Taeyeon pulled away slowly. Jessica's eyes met hers, and suddenly a smile spread across Taeyeon's face as she softly giggled.
 
"What?" Jessica inquired, pushing herself to a sitting position.
 
Taeyeon covered , trying to stifle her snickers. "I can't believe you couldn't guess yourself."
 
"Yah!" Jessica glowered at her, but instantly softened when Taeyeon snuggled up to her side in a position akin to a puppy, and wrapped her arms around Jessica's slim waist.
 
"I love you Sicachu~." Taeyeon said nuzzling Jessica's side, subconsciously pouring aegyo in her tone.
 
Jessica sighed and out an arm around the blonde. "I love you too Taengoo."
 
There was suddenly a knock at the door. Jessica internally groaned as Taeyeon called "It's open!"
 
The door opened, and soon all their friends poured in the room: Sunny, Tiffany, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Yoona, Seohyun, and Sooyoung hovered by the door peering in within air of excited nervousness. 
 
"Did you tell her yet?" Yoona asked excitedly as seven pairs of eyes stared at the couple sitting on the bed. 
 
"Well she couldn't guess." Taeyeon chuckled, leaning over to give the brunette a quick peck on the head. Seven gasps resounded, quickly followed by squeals.
 
"Finally! Omo you two, I'm so happy!" Sooyoung squealed. 
 
"About time." Hyoyeon and Sunny muttered to each other.
 
"Unnie I'm so glad you figured it out!" Seohyun smiled happily at her two beloved unnies. 
 
"I told you you'd be surprised." Tiffany beamed happily.
 
"Sica, you really couldn't figure it out? Wow, you're so slow." Yuri chuckled, earning herself a deathly cold glare from the ice princess herself. 
 
"Yeah really unnie, what took you so long?" Yoona joined her partner in crime. "We've been waiting for years!"
 
Jessica felt a blush rising her cheeks. "What? Really?"
 
Taeyeon exhaled next to her. "Don't listen to those idiots." She said.
 
"But it's true. You've liked her for a year now Tae." Tiffany said, oblivious to the death glares she was recording from the blonde.
 
"You've even said her name in your sleep." Sunny added.
 
Taeyeon blushed as Jessica turned to look at her incredulously. "That's it, get out!" The blonde demanded as she pointing authoritatively to the door. 
 
Seven "sorrys" were heard from the door as the girls shuffled to the door, sulkily muttering amongst themselves. The door shut a moment later and Jessica was left alone with a blushing Taeyeon. 
 
"Have you really liked me for a long time?" Jessica curiously inquired. 
 
Taeyeon's fair complexion reddened and she nodded. "Since freshmen year of college." She admitted. "So for a year now?"
 
Jessica nodded silently. "I guess I've thought you were cute back then." She chuckled at Taeyeon's uncomfortable expression, and turned to face the blonde whose cheeks were still tinted pink. 
 
"Maybe it's a saving grace." Taeyeon commented as nonchalantly as possible, trying to ignore the close proximity of their faces. 
 
Jessica smirked.
 
"Maybe. Just maybe."