D-Day

D-Day

              

 

His hair was black and styled just the way she liked him to, back and sleek. His classic, black tuxedo was flawless and pressed well for the day, for such occasion. He even wore the black, shiny bally shoes instead of his usual sneakers or high tops, for the day. He had been fidgeting with his fingers and kept petting on the white, silk handkerchief that was slipped inside the upper front-pocket over his left chest and only stopped when his bestman-slash-bestfriend, Himchan, put his hand atop of his shoulder and give the assurance that was needed that moment. Next, the sound of that small chapel’s bell dinged and the priest started the event, while he took another sharp breathing in.

 

“And here comes the bride,” said the priest, giving the pianist started to play the chosen march, while all the eyes were stopped at the double door at the end of the aisle. And so did his sight, as he was searching for those familiar brown colored orbs, to ogle on her gracefulness and marvel in her beauty. The door opened and entered the girls and Hana who was chosen as the Maid of Honor. As they were walking down the aisle and nearing his place at the other end, his breath got caught for the nth times when he saw the one that he’d been waiting for standing there with her right hooked with her father’s left through the elbow. She was beautiful and he felt like the world had stopped, there was no one else except for her and him, then and there.

 

She was walking down the aisle slowly at a steady pace, step by step, once in a while looking up from the floor to witness on how had he been eyeing her, eyes shone and brimmed with tears, how had he been smiling at her presence, gulping in nervousness. Soon, she was there by him and she saw he bowed to her father before being engulfed by the older one into a hug, warmth and tears pooled around her eyes when her father placed her right into his waiting left, wishing them luck altogether. And as her father sat down among the family, he led her to face forward after giving her a kiss on the forehead. The ceremony resumed then until, “I now pronounced you both Man and Wife, and-” and he kissed her another.