Nanako Okuma

Pisces
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What?"

 

Jaebum stood a few meters away, pretending he had overheard by mistake. His smile gave it away, Talim tilted her head to look up at him. He repeated himself, quietly as if he didn't want anyone but her to hear him.

 

"I said thank you. I think you're pretty cute."

 

"You were talking to me?"

 

Talim glanced sideways, looking over at Lani as she smiled back. 

 

"Yes, who did you think?"

 

She simply shrugged her shoulders and tried to ignore him. It was hard to understand why, but she didn't know what to say in response. The girl with number 24 finished her audition, recieving a louder applause than the others. Talim studied her features and realized the girl was Japanese. She was stunningly beautiful, with long chestnut hair and porcelain skin. Her walk was more of a stride, like the models who appear on TV or movies. In the eyes of most people, she would have seemed perfect. Talim was not like most people. The girl approached her as the suited men finished discussing her performance. 

 

"Hello there."

 

She spoke flawless English, probably thinking Talim was from United States. The light accent she possessed was complimenting her already silky voice.

"What?"

 

"Don't be so defensive. I wanted to ask if you were here to audition too."

 

"I can't think of any other reason to be here."

 

"The feisty type? A role like this requires a softer touch, are you sure it's worth being embarrassed in front of these people? You're too rough for this movie."

 

Talim had been waiting for that, it was obvious why the girl talked to her so sweetly. She wanted her to drop out of auditions. 

 

"Like hell I'm gonna leave. And if you think I'll be told otherwise, think again."

 

Her gentle eyes turned sharply downwards at Talim, narrowed to the point where they looked about to disappear from sight. The silent staredown lasted seconds but had an impact that would play a significant difference for both of them. She handed her a business card, frowning.

 

"I like you. There aren't many girls here with that kind of spice. But when you don't land this role, I won't feel bad." 

 

The card was heavily decorated in kawaii culture, confirming that the girl was Japanese. Her name was Nanako Okuma, the actress and model. Talim tossed the card aside and waited for her number to be called, not paying attention to Lani's shocked expression. She was bewildered by Talim's rude behavior. But, her sister was clever when it came to deceitful people. Why did Nanako sound so threatened? Lani thought it over as she observed Talim's audition, she portrayed someone so different from herself she was almost unrecognizable. The most amazing part of the performance had to be her voice, Lani always enjoyed her singing because it reminded her of the mermaids from children movies. All she could do was hope the judges felt the same way. As the song ended, Lani felt her tense muscles relax at the sight of Talim's smile.

 

"That was beautiful."

 

"Those guys decide if they want me here. All we can do is wait like everyone else."

 

The sisters are interrupted by the familiar voice that had been speaking with them moments before. Jaebum smiled kindly at the girls, placing his hand on

Please log in to read the full chapter