Introducing....

Pisces
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Za'Talim? Are you awake?" 

 

Talim moved slightly under her blankets, trying to stay asleep. The voice calling out to her was Su'Lani, her older sister and only known family. Impatient with calling her name, Lani begins knocking furiously on the bedroom door. 

 

"Za'Talim! Wake up! Do you want to be late for your first interview?" 

 

Without much choice, Talim rolled lazily out of bed and hit the floor with a solid thud. She forces herself to stand and opens the door, met by Lani tapping her forehead. This was nothing new to the sisters, they didn't like mornings, but this morning was important. 

 

"I worked so hard to land this interview for you! You should of been dressed two hours ago! I can't spend every second of the day looking after you!"

Talim's head tilted to the side, enraging her sister even more so, as she was not fully awake. Lani snatched the collar of her shirt and dragged her into the bathroom. After shouting for her to shower and get dressed quickly, Lani slammed the door shut. The sudden shock startled Talim and shook her awake. She scratched her head and irritantly followed Lani's instructions.

 

She finally steps into the kitchen, watching her sister scramble about hurriedly in preparation of the upcoming event. Talim walks through the growing mess and begins fixing breakfast amidst Lani's complaints about nothing being in the order she left them. 

 

"Lani, are you gonna eat breakfast?" 

 

The question sounded blunt and pointless, but their was hidden concern in Talim's voice as she looked down at her sister's thin figure. She had been working two jobs, the sudden stress of managing Talim's new career wasn't helping much. 

 

"I don't have time. You need to wear the dress I picked out, that's too casual for a meeting like this." 

 

She spoke without looking at Talim instead focused solely on finding whatever she had misplaced. The kitchen table was covered in scattered papers. It was useless to ask again, so Talim made sure to bring snacks with her before she was pushed out the front door by Lani. They drove in silence for a while, the kind of silence that would seem awkward or bothersome. It was another event common in their lives. Most would think they had a distant relationship, when this was in fact the only way these two can show affection. Silence. A gentle but meaningful silence. The car slowly came to a stop in front of a large building with "Sidus HQ" written across the company sign in Korean and English. They had been living in Seoul for three years, but Lani knew her way around as if she were born there. She turned to her sister with a look of concern.

 

"Are you sure about this?" 

 

"You were complaining about how hard you worked to get this far... now you want me to turn back?" 

 

"No, but I can't stop myself from being worried."

 

"Try harder."

 

This reply ended the conversation. They stepped out of the car and entered Sidus HQ, each with a different thought in her mind. This was a moment that one sister hoped for, but the other wished would never happen. After recieving instructions from a woman at the front desk, they were escorted to a large room. It was occupied by several girls who were practicing their introductions and chatting amongst each other quietly. A man in suit handed out nametags with numbers indicating the order of auditions. As he approached the sisters, he was stunned. In his defense, two Afro-Samoan girls are rare in Korea. He handed over the number 25, the last one.

 

"I have time to look around, huh?" 

 

Talim spoke aloud, an odd habit of hers that often got her into trouble. Lani frowned.

 

"No, stay here until its your turn."

 

Of course, she waited until Lani began watching the auditions and slipped away. Curiously exploring the halls of Sidus HQ, she turned swiftly around every corner and ran quickly through different doors. After a while, she found the practice room. It was empty so she began to look aroun

Please log in to read the full chapter