Chapter 3- Confrontation

Venture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll see you there.”

With no filming schedule on hand, Jae Suk had requested Jong Kook to meet him at SBS itself. He wasn’t surprised when Jae Suk called him. From the moment he stepped into SBS itself, he noticed some of the staffs gossiping and immediately quieten when they spotted him stepping into the elevator. Bad news do travel fast. The incident that he got slapped by his co-star yesterday was probably spread across the entire SBS by now.

Ignoring those who were in the lift, he got out of his designated floor and headed to the open garden cafeteria located at the 16th floor. As the automatic glass door opened. He noticed from afar that Jae Suk was sitting by himself, sipping coffee and reading a newspaper. It was rare that this nation MC could have some free time just to read newspaper and drink coffee. Jong Kook figured that Jae Suk might have took some time off on purpose just to meet him. 

“Hyung.” He greeted Jae Suk and immediately, Jae Suk folded his newspaper and placed it on the square table. He gestured Jong Kook to sit next to him and Jong Kook did. As soon as he settled down, he noticed that there was two cups of coffee, one half drank and another was still piping hot, seemly it was served not too long ago. In addition, Jong Kook saw a bottle of water which he assumed Jae Suk had ordered for him. “Two cups of coffee for you Hyung? You know it’s not good for your health.” He commented, thinking the other cup of coffee was Jae Suk’s too.

“That isn’t mine.” He mentioned. As though on cue, from the corner of the eye, Jong Kook saw another person approaching the table. His eyes widen and he recognized who was coming.

“Sorry Jae Suk Oppa. I hope you didn’t wait too long.” Ji Hyo apologized then noticed Jong Kook who sat beside Jae Suk, staring at her.

“Why are you here!” Both of them shouted in unison, expressing their unhappiness seeing each other.

“Because I called the both of you.” Jae Suk said. “You are just on time Ji Hyo. Have a seat. I ordered Americano for you.” He gestured. Ji Hyo calmed herself down and sat down.  Seeing the two host calming down, Jae Suk started. “You two should know why I called you. I heard about what happened yesterday on set.”

“I figured.” Jong Kook responded. “And you should ask her why she did that.”

“Shut up Kim Jong Kook.” Ji Hyo uttered as she placed her coffee down. “Don’t act as if you have done nothing wrong.” Ji Hyo glared at him.

“Excuse me, if I recalled correctly, I was the victim that got slapped for no apparent reason.” Jong Kook raised his voice slightly. When Ji Hyo was about to retaliate, Jae Suk halted their argument.

“Enough.” Jae Suk stopped the both of them from arguing. “I called you out to settle the problem, not to see the both of you argue.”

“Jong Kook, I’m sure Ji Hyo isn’t that unreasonable to slap you for no reason.” He turned to Jong Kook and told him that. Then, he turned to Ji Hyo and asked her. “Ji Hyo, I believe you have your reason. Cho PD told me you were hesitating to tell him what happened yesterday during filming. But I think Jong Kook has the right to know why you have done that.”

Ji Hyo thought about it and she knew she had to let the cat of the bag. Cho PD must have told Jae Suk about what happened yesterday and asked him to settle the conflict between both of them. She felt tremendously guilty, considering that she had caused trouble to Cho PD and also Jae Suk. Jae Suk don’t usually had free time to sit down and hear them out just like this. He must have intentionally free some of his time out just to settle their conflict. She figured, even if she thought that Jong Kook deserved to know what happened, at least Jae Suk should, considering he was the one that offered her a job.

She sighed and then started recalling that night. “Because he was a jerk….”

***

Eight years ago….

It was a great day for Ji Hyo. She had just attended her favourite idol group, Turbo’s concert. Leaving the concert hall, Ji Hyo was skipping and humming the song that her favourite idol just sang. She imitated the dance moves along with her friend who attended with her. She bade goodbye to her friend as she boarded the bus and Ji Hyo overheard another group of fans who just attended the concert too, mentioning that Turbo will be having their celebratory dinner at a bar restaurant near her house. Still feeling the adrenaline rush from the concert, she wanted to meet her idol again. She decided to try her luck by following the few fans to the restaurant.

She paced around the entrance with no luck. The entrance has been covered and there were staffs outside informing customers that the entire restaurant is booked. Though it couldn’t be seen, with the loud noise emitting as and when the entrance was opened, Ji Hyo could tell that her idols are inside and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter