Chapter 1 - Beginning

Venture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bright day with no sign of rain, it was a perfect day to shoot outdoor. Kim Jong Kook arrived at the set of his new variety program. The moment he stepped out of his van, he was greeted by Cho PD, the PD that is in charge of this new program ‘K Venture’. He took off his sunglasses and greeted the staffs around him. It has been a while that he had participated in a variety show. As his stylist prepared his outfit and all, he read the rundown of ‘K Venture’ again.

This program mainly introduced landmarks and activities you can possibly do within the landmarks. Depending on the location, the hosts can be tasting food, playing games depending on what they will be introducing around the area. With today’s shooting as their pilot episode, the PD had decided to introduce L Mall and the opening will be held in the famous P café.

Jong Kook was excited and a little nervous. Initially, the plan was to have three members, himself, Yoo Jae Suk, the nation Emcee as well as his good friend and another person. Yoo Jae Suk will be leading the both of them and under his guidance, they will be shooting the show. However, at the very last minute, Yoo Jae Suk had to reject his participation of this program due to scheduling conflict. That point of time, Jong Kook wanted to quit the show too, after all, he accepted this program because Yoo Jae Suk asked him to. However, Yoo Jae Suk convinced him to stayed on and host the show, in which he did. Not wanting to delay the production, they decided to go ahead with two members instead.

“Jong Kook hyung, you have a call. It was from Yoo Jae Suk-sii.” Gap Jin, Jong Kook’s manager, who came over and informed him. He placed the rundown on the nearest table and greeted his friend through the phone. “Hyung, why did you call? Aren’t you supposed to be shooting?” Jong Kook asked.

“I’m having my break right now. I’m calling in to wish you all the best. This is your 1st program for 2-3 years. And once again, I’m sorry I made you join the program yet I wouldn’t be able to attend.”

“It’s alright Hyung.” Jong Kook replied. “I know you have too many programs on hand. I will be fine, just a little worried about my partner. I have not met her yet.”

“About that, you have to guide her a little. Ji Hyo is new to the variety scene despite hosting a music show before. She will be lost at times, but I’m sure you know what to do.” Jae Suk assured him. After exchanging more words, Jong Kook hung up his phone and thought about his new partner.

Song Ji Hyo. The other member that is casted for the show. Despite knowing that she is an actress that has been around for almost a decade, Jong Kook had not met her face to face, let alone worked with her. He wasn’t very sure on hosting the same program with someone he never knew till Jae Suk assured and convinced that Ji Hyo is a very cool woman and very professional in w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter