Anterograde Sobbing

Fanfics and Pokemon

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he entered the empty classroom- tired from staying up late the night before to finish studying. All Kyungsoo wanted to do was go home and curl up into his soft duvet.

 

It was a hard break up this morning. Leaving the warm embrace of the thick pororo-covered sheets was probably more heart wrenching than when his girlfriend broke up with him in middle school.

 

Don’t take that statement lightly. Kyungsoo took his 2-week relationship very seriously. He even shared his cookie with her. If you don’t call that committed then what the hell is.

 

Kyungsoo slinked into his chair, which was placed in the middle column of the back row, folded his arms and rested his head between them- hoping to get some shut-eye. When Kyungsoo was about to fall into a slight doze he heard an eerie sound coming from the hallways.

 

It was an ominous sign, the pitter-patter of feet hitting floor was all too familiar. Holding his breath Kyungsoo willed the sound to pass the classroom and continue running into oblivion. He shut his eyes tight, hoping that for once the gods would answer his prayers.

 

‘ Whoever is up there, please save me. If it be Allah or Jesus please let it pass. Come on Zeus you and I are bros. We have to look after each other in this dangerous world. Bros before hoe-‘

 

“KYUNGSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” The door to the classroom burst open.

 

‘Well screw you too Zeus’ Kyungsoo sighed as he looked up to the see the intruder called his best friend.

 

A teary-eyed Lay stood at the front of the classroom. His clothes messily scrunched up and his hair looking like it suffered a fistfight with a grizzly.  Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in shock at the un-kept looking Lay in front of him. Usually Lay sported a smart but cool look, always taking care of how he would be viewed. But today…. Today would be the day Kyungsoo would get some blackmail.

 

Still having a shocked look plastered on his face, Kyungsoo shakily took his phone out and snapped a picture of the flustered Lay.

 

“SOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Lay wailed again, snapping out of his frozen position at the front of the classroom and quickly making his way over to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo stuffed his phone back in his pocket and leaned backwards as Lay practically clambered on top of his desk.

 

“Hi?” Kyungsoo whispered slightly confused.

 

Lay broke down into another fit of sobs and Kyungsoo hesitantly patted the grown- mans back.

 

“You okay?” Kyungsoo asked concerned.

 

“KY-KYUN-KY-KYUNGSOO” Lay sobbed, sniffling heavily between his stutters.

 

“Uhhh… yah?” Kyungsoo answered- still not all too sure why a 21 year old man was sobbing in front of him.

 

“DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM” Lay demanded suddenly as he squished Kyungsoo’s face by placing his hands on either side of Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

 

“yewwwww reeeee laiiieee” Kyungsoo answered confused as his cheeks were being squished with un-human force and his lips forced to jut out in an awkward position.

 

Lay released Kyungsoo’s cheeks and placed his hands on Kyungsoo’s shoulders instead. Placing his distorted face a little too close to Kyungsoo’s to be considered friendly.

 

“What did we do yesterday?” Lay asked extremely seriously, tears still streaming down his cheeks.

 

“You barged into my house and forced me to make you food” Kyungsoo replied, attempting to further the distance from the psychopath in front of him and regain a thing called personal space.

 

“Oh, thank god you didn’t forget” Lay slumped down and let go of Kyungsoo.

 

“I don’t have that bad of a memory Lay…. Actually I have one of the best considering I am top in our class” Kyungsoo said slightly irritated.

 

Lay shot up as new tears sprang in his eyes.

 

‘Holy does he have the Grand Canyon behind those eyelids or something’

 

“BUT WHAT IF YOU DID. WHAT IF YOU FORGOT EVERYTHING? AND EACH DAY YOU HAD TO READ A DIARY TO REMIND YOURSELF WHAT YOU DID THE DAY BEFORE. WHAT IF YOU LIVED LIFE LIKE A ROBOT UNTIL A WRITER WHO LIVED NEXT DOOR TRIED TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT YOU? HUH. WHAT IF YOU FELL IN LOV-“

 

“Were you ing reading fan fictions again” Kyungsoo slammed his hand on Lay’s lips- sufficiently shutting the idiot up.

 

A small whimper escaped Lay’s lips as he nodded weakly. The Grand Canyon tears turned into the Pacific Ocean.

 

“Let me guess. The main character was coincidently named Kyungsoo as well?” Another whimper was heard and was quickly followed by a nod. Kyungsoo rubbed his temple with his spare hand and cursed his terrible choice in friends.

 

Kyungsoo took his hand off of Lay’s face and swiped it on his jeans- trying to get rid of the tears that had run along his hand.

 

“You. Are. An. Idiot.” Kyungsoo said, glaring at Lay with a judgmental look.

 

Lay moaned in response and rubbed his now puffy eyes, making him look remarkably disoriented.

 

“Dude you look more high than usual” Kyungsoo remarked as he observed Lay’s face.

 

“You would too if your heart was repeatedly crushed, torn, obliterated, tormented, destroye-“

 

“Okay okay I get it. What was the name of this dumb fic anyway” Kyungsoo asked with a roll of his eyes.

 

“Antegrade Tomorrow” Lay mumbled under his breath and looked at his hands. Kyungsoo stared at Lay in disbelief.

 

“What are you doing with your life” Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at the sniffling Lay. Lay rubbed his puffy eyes whilst mumbling incoherent words.

 

Kyungsoo sighed and pushed his chair backwards as he stood up, shaking his head at the pitiful sight in front of him.

 

“I used to look up to you” Kyungsoo said and let out another judgment-loaded sigh. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and began walking out of the classroom.

 

When Kyungsoo didn’t hear an additional pair of legs following him, he turned around to see Lay in the same slouched and oh-so-pathetic position he was a few minutes before.

 

“I need new friends” Kyungsoo groaned as he walked back to Lay, grabbed the whimpering fan boy’s top and began pulling him along as he once again made his way out of the classroom.

 

Ignoring the strange looks and giggling whispers, Kyungsoo continued pulling Lay along-who seemed to have forgotten how to walk- down the hall and to the cafeteria.

 

“You. Are. Such. A. Fat. ” Kyungsoo huffed as he finally made it to the cafeteria. His destination was in sight as his forehead began to glisten with sweat. Kyungsoo debated on if it would be fine to just dump Lay in the middle of the cafeteria and let the swarming fan girls feast on their eye candy.

 

No’ Kyungsoo thought with determination. ‘This is no longer about helping my fat best friend. It now involves my manliness. Only a true man would be able to transport this **heavy** weight from one distance to another.

 

Do Kyungsoo.

 

Are you a man?

 

Yes.

 

I can’t hear you. ARE YOU A MAN!?

 

HELL YEAH I AM. YAH. LETS DO THIS’

 

Adrenaline surged through Kyungsoo’s body as he made the last few feet to the table he and his friends sat at. Kyungsoo could feel his muscles tripling in size. The manliness was becoming so apparent that he wouldn’t be surprised if he grew an impressive beard by the time he threw Lay on to one of the seats.

 

Letting out a lion roar, Kyungsoo pushed the limp body on a seat and then triumphantly sat down. By this time, beads of sweat were trickling down Kyungsoo’s temples. Kyungsoo let his shoulders slump as he gave a happy grin manly smirk.

 

Lifting his eyes up Kyungsoo was greeted with three disturbed faces.

 

“What the was that strangled cough sound you just made” Chanyeol, a tall and big-smiled 22 year old, asked with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“I think it was more of a kitten meow,” the boy next to Chanyeol, Sehun, commented.

 

 “Hey! That was a manly roar. You wouldn’t know what that is because you are far too feminine” Kyungsoo frowned and crossed his arms.

 

Chanyeol and Sehun burst into laughs as soon as the words left Kyungsoo’s mouth. When their laughter died down, Chanyeol wiped away some tears from his eyes with a mocking smile plastered on his face.

 

“Don’t confuse us with the make-up loving freak next to us” Sehun scoffed as he pointed to Baekhyun who was sitting next to Chanyeol- too absorbed by his phone to pay much attention to his surroundings.

 

Kyungsoo groaned as he propped his arm on the table and rested his head on the palm of his hand. If Kyungsoo believed he was manly. Kyungsoo is then very much so manly

 

“On a further note, why do you look like you ran a marathon?? You are sweating gallons. And what’s with the dead Lay?” Chanyeol asked as he slung his arm over the still device-absorbed Baekhyun.

 

Kyungsoo brightened to be able to tell the intense jock workout he just undertook. “Well first, Lay happened upon a fanfic where by coincident one of the main characters name was also called Kyungsoo, and apparently fic Kyungsoo can’t remember stuff and he falls in love and all that crap.”

 

Baekhyun finally looked up from his phone to give a small ‘tsk’ and shake of his head towards Lay… who was finally mobile again and looked close to tears as he was reminded of the story.

 

“AND being the good friend that I am, I had to carry Lay’s fat body all the way from my class to here.” Kyungsoo finished with a smirk on his lips.

 

“….and that explains why you are drenching the Pacific how?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I just told you… I had to carry Lay’s body. I repeat carry Lay’s body from class to here.” Kyungsoo said again.

 

“Dude.”

 

“What? Manly right.”

 

“Dude” Sehun repeated.

 

“What”

 

“Lay is light as ” Baekhyun bluntly said.

 

“Um. No he isn’t. Have YOU tried picking him up” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow.

 

“Well no bu-“

 

“Exactly. You haven’t. So shush” Kyungsoo snapped back. Pouting at the attacks he was getting from his so called friends.

 

“Bacons got a point. Lay has no meat on him. Picking him up isn’t hard at all” Sehun stated as he bit into the sandwich that had been untouched by his side.

 

“Plus isn’t your class like… 3 minutes from here” Chanyeol added.

 

“The distance from the classroom is only a small factor. Lay weighs like a ton” Kyungsoo shot back.

 

“He is tiny”

 

“He is fat”

 

“No he isn’t”

 

“Yes he is”

 

“No”

 

“Yes”

 

“Nope”

 

“Yep”

 

“What are you idiots bickering about?” Kris said as he walked over, picked the silently sobbing Lay up and placed him in another seat (so Kris could have a comfier chair).

 

Chanyeol and Sehun smirked in unison; each had a told-you-ing-so face gracing their features.

 

Kyungsoo groaned in defeat and slammed his head onto the table, creating a painful sounding thump.

 

“Ouch” Kris winced, “What did you guys do to Kyungsoo to make him forget how to hold his head up?”

 

“We only told him the truth,” Sehun said as he took another bite from his sandwich.

 

Kris looked confused but decided not to question it any farther- one can only stand so much- and resorted in eyeing the deteriorating Lay on the side.

 

“Oh did you guys hear about the new student coming over?” Baekhyun spoke up as he tucked his phone in the safety of his pocket.

 

“Oh yah, the girls were extra rowdy this morning, I thought it was because my charming good looks.” Sehun said with a full mouth, sufficiently spitting a few breadcrumbs onto the table.

 

Kyungsoo wrinkled his nose at the animalistic younger boy who sat opposite from him. “Charming indeed”.

 

“Who is this new kid?” Kris asked as he grabbed an apple from his bag.

 

“Uh, I’m not actually sure what his name is. Just that the girls seem to have taken a huge liking to him” Baekhyun replied with a shrug.

 

“Does it really matter who this kid is anyway? It’s not like we will fall in love with him or something” Kyungsoo said as he stole a bite from Sehun’s sandwich whilst Sehun was preoccupied with digging his phone from his bag.

 

Kris took a bite from his apple and continued to look at Lay who was now hugging his knees and slightly rocking back and forth.

 

“Does he need an exorcism or something?” Kris asked half-serious.

 

Chanyeol glanced at Lay, “I think he is too far gone for that to help”

 

Lay stopped his rocking and glanced upward. Crinkling his nose as his watery eyes blurred his vision.

 

“You don’t want to know” Sehun said as he suspiciously looked at his sandwich. Wondering if it was as small as he remembered it to be.

 

“I’m going to take your word on that one” Kris replied, scooting himself away from the traumatized child.

 

“GUYS!” A familiar voice called.  Kyungsoo turned around to see Luhan walking towards the table.

 

“Hey looks like the new kid is with Luhan” Chanyeol stated as a figure was indeed shadowing Luhan.

 

Kyungsoo tilted his head a bit and saw an attractive a stranger walking behind Luhan.

 

When the doe-eyed boy and the plus one finally arrived at the table, everyone was looking at the stranger who carried a strong gaze that screamed .

 

“Guys. I think I know why the girls where squealing this morning” Chanyeol said as he studied the new kid.

 

“Holy new kid is hot as ” Baekhyun said.

 

The whole table turned to look at Baekhyun as he shamelessly stared at the boy beside Luhan.

 

“Just because you are gay doesn’t mean you can go off squealing like a rabid teenage girl” Chanyeol sighed.

 

“Um. Yes it does. Thank you very much” Baekhyun replied.

 

A cough was made itself heard as the new kid scratched his neck uncomfortably.

 

“I present to you the dim-wits I unfortunately call my friends.” Luhan sighed as he gave the exchange student an apologetic glance.

 

“Uh... it’s cool” The new kid said.

 

An awkward silence fell over the table as everyone was scrutinizing the new kid, well apart from Baekhyun who seemed to be gawking over the poor boy.

 

Kris finally broke the tension as he cleared his throat.

 

“Hey new kid, I’m Kris. The one who looks like he is having a breakdown is Lay. The one who called you ‘hot as ’ is Baekhyun. The tall monster next to the gay is Chanyeol. The brat with blonde hair is Sehun. And the kid with the bug eyes is Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo gave a faint blush as the new kids eyes fell on him.

 

“So stranger, what’s your name?” Sehun asked.

 

“Oh, I’m Kim Jongin” Jongin replied with a deep voice.

 

Lay suddenly straightened his back and let out an agonizing cry. In a physics-defying leap the once-again sobbing Lay had tackled Kyungsoo off of his chair and started crying into the shocked boy’s arms.

 

Everyone-including half the cafeteria- jumped at the sudden event.

 

“Oh my ing god get off of me” Kyungsoo groaned as Lay clung to him.

 

Lay continued to wail random gibberish as he refused to release Kyungsoo.

 

……..

 

“Is this an often thing?” Kai whispered to Luhan as they both looked at Kyungsoo feebly trying to pull the grown man off of him.

 

“I really hope not” Luhan replied disturbed.

 

 

A/N: I'm baaaccckkk. and writing . whooop whoop. In all honesty i'm not into kpop all that much anymore, but i needed characters and i still hold a high appreciation for the genetics exo has to offer. and kaisoo. yas. kaisoo. so here is stuff.