chapter 1

Hostage

Winter 1994

A boy, merely 9 years old held on to a pair of white roses in this hands;  tears adorned his beautiful face, his heart was breaking he had just become and orphan both father and mother now laid in the coffins before him. How is it that things came this far? One thing was clear, one thing was for sure. He was going to make him pay; he was going to make him suffer. He is going to destroy the man that did this to his parents. He will avenge them; he will build back the Choi name. He will make Park Hyunsuk pay for what he has caused.

 

 

Present 2014

“Bom, hurry honey we are going to be late.” A middle age man protested taping his foot while constantly glancing at his watch. “Baby this meeting is extremely important”. Who was he kidding this meet could mean everything, his company was facing some difficulties and if the investor backed out now that would mean the end. The end to all this life work. Not being able to wait any longer he twisted the door knob only to be surprised as it open right in front of him. Revealing a brunette with beautiful doe shaped eyes, she looked stunning in a white cocktail dress.

“Calm down Daddy I’m sure everything will work out just fine.” She smiled as she engulfed her father into a hug. “I’m more then positive this will be the one” releasing him from her embrace. Nodding he returned a smile, she held out her hand as they both made their way towards the front door.  

<><><><><><><><> 

The restaurant was extravagant with lavish waterfalls and crystal chandeliers. On the far corner waited a gentleman with a smirk on his handsome face, his eye darkened as the thought of his plan came into play.

“Mr. Choi I’m terribly sorry; traffic is horrible at this hour, I hope we have not kept you waiting long” the middle age man and his daughter bowed as the handsome man stood from his seat.

“Seunghyun is fine” extending his hand for a handshake “not at all I have only just arrived” smiled the man eyes focusing on the older man’s daughter. The hostess announced that their VIP room was ready as she led the way.

“After you Mr. Park.”  Seunghyun gestured as they entered the VIP room. They decided to eat dinner before any issues of business where discussed. Introductions were made and some pleasant stories were shared, small talk to say the least. Mr. Park’s daughter excused herself as she made her was towards the ladies room leaving the man alone to discuss business.

“I must say Mr. Park your daughter is truly beautiful” Seunghyun mentioned as he took a sip of his red wine, statement that had the older man grinning like an idiot.

“Oh she sure is. My Bommie is the apple of my eyes; she is what brings me joy in this world.” The older man mentioned as that idiotic smile adorned his face.

“Indeed”. Lifting his wine glass and proposing a toast.  (I have you now Park Hyunsuk; you will pay for what you did to my parents.) “So shall we talk business now?”