The Story

Colours AKA Love

It was the same as always. Jinhong would go check for some patients tap some blood from someone who donates it. His dad would ask him to eat lunch with him so they could talk about boring things. If you would describe Jinhongs life with colours it would be black, white and grey. He hated his life, because he was a heir to the hospital. Jinhong had always wanted to play sport like basketball. But he couldn't, he would be too busy making his work. So when he finally got some spare time he would try to sneak out but the maids would hear him and lock him in, in his room. So in all that time where he had been locked in, he danced and sung. And he was pretty good at it.

"Hi. My name is Jinhong, but we met before right? You come here every month to donate blood." Jinhong told a man around his age called Jungkook. He putted the machine which takes the blood and turned it on. While it was tapping Jungkook he walked over to a desk to fill out some papers. He started to sing when he was bored. It was a habit. Jungkook heard him sing and it sounded so beautiful in Jungkooks ears. The machine stopped making the noise which meant it stopped his blood. Jinhong turned around and stood up from the chair. Jungkook looked at Jinhong stilled confused that the fantastic pice of music just came from that mans mouth.

"Oh I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget that I'm singing." Jinhong told him while plugging the hoses out of Jungkooks arm. Jungkook stood up when he was done.

"Jinhong, really you sing amazing! Why aren't you an idol?" Jungkook asked. He was a designer for an entertainment named Big-hit.

"I'm a heir I'm going to be the chairman of this hospital in a few years." Jinhong sighed. He didn't really want to. He hated to be like his father. They had never once listened to what Jinhong said he wanted.

"I can get you an audition to Big-hit entertainment. Jinhong your voice is brilliant and you are really handsome too." Jungkook said. He had a little crush on the doctor, that was why he only came on the days when Jinhong was there to tap his blood.

"Thank you Jungkook, but my parents wouldn't allow me to. They wouldn't even make me do sport." Jinhong said. They didn't really know anything about each other. Only their names. But it felt like they knew each other well.

"But what if you didn't tell them. I mean first we will see if you get trough the audition and after that we will see if you can debut." Jungkook suggested. He could feel the talent boiling inside of Jinhong.

"I always wanted to stand on a stage and do something that I want. This could be a start of my revolution trough my parents." Jinhong thought high. He hadn't ever had a dream because his parents would take it away from him before he could start thinking about it.

"Great! Actually there is a audition today, I will inform them that you will joining it. Do you got anything I can write the address down on?" Jungkook asked. He was so happy. Jinhong gave him a paper sticker and a pen. Jungkook wrote the address and the time he was going to show up.

"Also, you need to prepare a song." Jungkook smiled. 

"Jungkook." Jinhong said low but he could still hear it.

"What?" Jungkook still smiled. It was only Jinhong who could make him smile that way just by the mention of his name.

"You are my friend right?" Jinhong looked down. This is the situation where Jungkook should be giving the fake smile because he just got friend zoned but no. Jungkook thought that he was one step closer to Jinhong now.

"Yes. But see you later, and if you don't show up I don't know what I'm going to do to you." Jungook said and left. Jinhong took the paper stick in his hands and stared at it. This was a big chance for him and he was so much going to take it.

-----------
Jinhong looked at the paper and up at the big sign with 'Big-hit Entertainment' on it.

"You are here!" Jungkook opened the door and shouted. Jinhong walked over to him.

"I'm not sure if I'm ready." Jinhong played with his fingers.

"You can do it. I'm sure." Jungkook said and nodded. Jinhong followed his friend inside the building to a room with many other people.

"Are all those applying?" Jinhong dropped his jaw. He doesn't have a chance. He's good but he's sure some of them will be better. Much.

"Are you nervouse?" Jungkook slung his arm around his shoulder.

"They look better than me." Jinhong hold his tear back. He should had known that he couldn't compete with the others.

"Yes they look better than you. But you are better than them." Jungkook blushed. He liked trying tommake Jinhong feel better. Jinhong gave him a crooked smiled.

"I will try my best. But are you going to be a judge or something?" Jinhong took place on a free chair.

"No not really. I'm a designer for Big-hit. I just sometimes stand next to the judges and give my opinion to their fashion sense and if I could see them with some of my clothes on them." Jungkook sat down beside Jinhong. 

"Aren't you going to practice?" Jungkook asked.

"No." Jinhong simply said. Not even a reason why. Jinhong was number 3859. He got a text from his mother asking where he was. He turned off his phone.

"Aren't you going to replay?" Jungkook pointed at his phone. Jinhong shook his head. They had an awkward silence.

"Well, I'm going in and getting ready. See you." Jungkook broke the silence and walked in to the room where the audition would be held. Some girls were looking at Jinhong but he was busy thinking on an excuse to his parents why he didn't wrote back to them.

"Number 3840 to 3849." a woman stuck her head out from the room Jungkook walked in to earlier. Ten people went in. They all looked nervous. Jinhong slowly started to see more colours in his life. He didn't know many people. Only the few people at the hospital and Jungkook. He never tried visiting the cinema, the theatre or a mall. Never. He has finally seen some people who also got nervous over something different than illness. His, maids and parents always showed him the poker face instead of the feelings.

"Number 3850 to 3859." The lady came out again. Jinhong dazed out of his thoughts and looked down at his number. 3859. He stood up and walked in with 9 others. They all stood in front of 4 people inclusive Jungkook. Jinhong smiled to Jungkook not to feel as nervous.

"Number 3850 to 3854 please keep standing up. The others please sit down along the wall. Jinhong sat down looking at the five people in front of him. They started singing one by one. One of the girls voice cracked and she started crying. But no one tried to calm her down. But Jungkook was really close to do it also Jinhong. Some random music started playing and they did free style. 

"Thank you please switch places." The lady told them. Jinhong stood up and he was the second to sing. The guy before him rapped. And he did it really well. So when he stopped Jinhong was just about to clap. But you don't do that. Now it was Jinhong. He was going to sing K.will Day 1.

What are you doing today? Are you busy?
If not, do you want to hang out with me?
I have something to tell you, it’s nothing special
but I think I like you

I’ve never said that before
You’re my lady youre my baby
But really, I’m not kidding
From today, from now
will you be mine baby...

"Thank you!" One of the judges shouted. Jinhong looked at the judge who just told him to shout up in another way. He looked him straight in the eyes. Jinhong copied his parents poker face, so he wouldn't show the judge his fear from getting dumbed. No one said anything the next person didn't even start singing. The other judge next to him leaned in to whisper something to him. But he didn't answer. He stood up instead. 

"You, 3859 come here." The guy who stopped him said. Jinhong stepped closer. Only a table was between them.

"What's your name?" The judge asked him. Jinhong looked fast at Jungkook who was staring at them.

"Kim Jinhong." He answered. 

"You are accepted, we want you as a trainee." The judge took his hand out for a handshake. Jinhong was shocked and his words were in his throat waiting to get out. Jinhong shook his hand.

"Go over and stand next to the man over there." He pointed at Jungkook. Jinhong nodded and stood next to his friend. Jungkook mouthered 'good job'. The other appliers looked a little mad over Jinhong just got chosen that easy. They got out and Jinhong was left in the room.

"Nice voice you got there bro." The judge who shook his hand said.

"My name is Namjoon." He introduced himself. 

"You didn't look nervous at all boy. But I still want to see you dance though." The CEO said. Jinhong stood back at the floor and Got7's A started playing. Jinhong did free style. And if you asked him it did go well. The judges clapped.

"You are in! You look ready to debut actually." Namjoon said. Jungkook had a really big smile that hadn't fated since Namjoon said that they wanted him as a trainee.

"Please follow that woman over there she will show you to the contract." The CEO pointed at a middle aged woman. He followed her to an office.

"are you over 24?" The woman asked getting the contract in front of him.

"No, I'm 20." Jinhong said a little offended. He didn't look old right? Maybe a little he had missed many colours for a long time now.

"Then for now we don't need your parents approval, we only need it, if you are going to debut." She said and walked over to a desk.

"Please ask if there is something with the contract." She said. Jinhong was done with school in a young age because he was to clever for some grades and sprung over them. And he also had read to be a doctor but he is still doing that. He read the whole contract and signed.

 "I'm done Miss." Jinhong called her. She took it and he left. He didn't want to go home and get his happiness washed away. He was close to the exit of the building when Jungkook stopped him.

"Congratulations! I knew you could make it." Jungkook clapped Jinhongs shoulders.

"Thank you for believing in me. You are the person I like the most and we never really talked before today." Jinhong hugged Jungkook. Jungkook froze. Jinhong lot go of him but he was still frozen.

"Oh can you give me your number?" Jinhong asked handing his phone to Jungkook.

"S-sure." Jungkook stuttered. He saw Jinhongs background picture of a white and balck puppy.

"Is it your p-puppy?" Jungkook asked him.

"No. But I like to look at it when I'm sad. And I'm that a lot." Jinhong said. Jungkook liked Jinhong and the puppy. But wait. Did he just say he was sad a lot. 

"Why are you sad? You can tell me, I'm your friend." Jungkook asked concerned. Jinhong wasn't used to someone being so kind to him as Jungkook. Not even his teachers in school ever thought about Jinhong feeling sad and bad. Jinhong had tried to make suicide several times but he never died. One time he tried to take some randoms pills from the bathroom but nothing happened it was actually just tictacs. Also once he was about to jump from the school roof but a boy saved him. And that boy was Jungkook. But Jinhong didn't remember his face because he was drunk that time.   

"It's just my parents don't really take care of me even though we are super rich. They don't love me, they use me. My life is black, white and grey." Jinhong said and left. Jungkook had started liking Jinhong in high school but he didn't know about his problems. But one day he saw Jinhong walking dizzily up to the school roof so he followed him and saved his life. Jungkook actually thought Jinhongs problems were gone by now, but no, they weren't. Jungkook promised himself that he would try his best to make Jinhong happier and remove his problems. 

-----------
Jinhong has been training everyday after work for 7 months and in that that time his friendship with Jungkook has been growing. Jungkook thinks Jinhong is getting happier and he is. But he's only happy when he is at the entertainment. As soon as he is home he eats dinner and don't say a word to his parents and after that he walks to his room and sleeps. No one has a thought of him taining. They haven't even sat any doubts with him coming home later, loosing weight and getting muscles.
-----------
"Kim Jinhong the CEO wants to talk to you." One of the secretaries of Big-hit told him in the dance room. He nodded and walked over to the office. He knocked at door and opened.

"Jinhong please sit down." The CEO said.

"Thank you." Jinhong smiles and sits down in front of the him.

"So Jinhong I want you in my new group. You are ready to join the kpop world. Actually you been that in many months but... It will be a boy band you and four other boys." The CEO smiled. Jinhong is shocked again. He's happy that his only dream can become true.

"But I can see in you contract that we still need your parents permission." He said. Jinhongs heart dropped. His dream is gone again with the mention of his parents, he will never get the approval.

"Yes." Jinhong nodded. This must be one of the hardest time in his life. The hardest was when he got a B in Math. When his parents found out they sat him to do extra math in 1 year and they took his phone from him for 1 month. He went out of the office and found the designer room.

"Hello." Jinhong said when he stepped inside the colourful room.

"Hi." Jungkook said over in corner.

"Great you are here Jinhong I need someone to be model for me." Jungkook dragged Jinhong over to him. 

"Take this shirt on." Jungkook handed a shirt to Jinhong. Jinhong took his own of and you could see his white chocolate abs.

"Why did you come?" Jungkook asked with a pin in his mouth.

"CEO told me to debut in a band with 4 other boys." Jinhong smiled.

"Really?!" Jungkook straightened up and faced Jinhong. 

"Yes!" Jinhong chuckled. Jungkook threw himself in Jinhongs arms and hugged him tight.

"Congratulations!" Jungkook grinned when they pushed away.

"It's to early to congrats me. I need my stupid parents approval." Jinhong sighed. 

"Jinhong." Jungkook lifted Jinhongs chick up so they looked each other in the eyes.

"I will go with you." Jungkook smiled. Jinhong made a little chuckled facing the ground then looked at Jungkook again.

"Thanks. Let's get this hell done now." Jinhong smiled and held Jungkooks hand. They walked over to the hospital where his driver would pick him up.

"Mr. Kim who is that?" The driver Mr. Lee asked.

"A friend." Jinhong said and sat in the car together with Jungkook.

"Are you allowed to bring friends home?" Mr. Lee asked. Jungkook looked at Jinhong with a smirk.

"Well no. But please do it Mr. Lee." Jinhong face palmed himself. The car drove to a big mansion. Jungkooks eyes almost popped out.

"Like what you see?" Jinhongs smirked when the went out of the car.

"Yes." Jungkook mumbled. They went in and got greeted by 4 maids.

"Mr. Kim do you want us to make place for your friend at the table?" One of the maids asked.

"Yes please." Jinhong said and went with Jungkook upstairs to his room.

"Wow. Your room is giant now I understand how you also can practice at home." Jungkook chuckled.

"So the plan is, we will be at the dinning room and I will say I've been training to become an idol, then we will see their reactions, you never know." Jinhong told Jungkook. Jungkook walked around in Jinhongs room looking at some photos.

"Who is the girl on the picture?" He asked. It was a picture with Jinhong and a girl. They looked quite happy.

"Some girl named Natalie. My mothers friends daughter I think." Jinhong walked over to Jungkook.

"I hate her she is terrible." Jinhong slung his arm around Jungkooks shoulder. It knocked on the door and Jinhong lot go of Jungkook.

"Come in." Jinhong said. A young girl around 16 stuck her head in carefully.

"Dinner is ready." She said very low. Jinhong held Jungkooks hand again and walked to the dinning room. They've had a lot of a skin ship for the latest. And of course Jungkook liked it.

"Jinhong why are you holding another mans hand?" Jinhongs mother asked with her nose raised. Jungkook tried to let go but Jinhong didn't let him do it. Not yet.

"Mother, father there is something I want to tell you." Jinhong started. Jungkook squeeze his hand a little to let Jinhong know that he was right beside him to comfort him. Both of his parents gave their full attention to the two boys.

"I've been training to become an idol for about 7 months and my entertainment told me today to debut, but first I need your signature, so will you please sign?" Jinhong asked. He was nervous because his parents could tell him not to debut.

"Who is you friend?" Was all they said.

"Hello. My name is Jungkook I work as a designer at the same entertainment." Jungkook introduced himself. 

"But will you sign?" Jinhong asked again. His parents looked at each other and nodded. Jinhong was about to jump in excitement.

"No, the answer is no." They started eating again.

"No, the answer is yes. I trained for this because I wanted it. I danced and sung for my whole life every time I was locked in, in my stupid room!" Jinhong yelled the last. His parents looked shocked. His mother called a maid over and whispered something. One of the male guards walked over to Jinhong.

"Mr. Kim your phone please." He said. Jinhong didn't give it to him.

"That's your problem." The guard said and laid Jinhong down at the floor an took it. After that another guard showed up and took Jungkook and threw him out of the mansion. The other held Jinhong so he couldn't punch or run away.

"If you try to meet your friend again you will never see the outside. If you dance, sing or talk to your friend you will get punished. You can go to the hospital to work. You will have guards around you all the time. Not in your room, but then outisde. And every day you will get locked in, in your room to think of what you done wrong." His father said. The guard lifted Jinhong all the way up to his room. He sat him down at the bed and locked the door. Jinhong sighed and his eyes got blank. His tears rolled down his cheeks. He walked out to the bathroom and found the sleeping pills. He didn't went out of his room for 1 week. He didn't talk to anyone, he almost didn't eat. Sometimes one of the maids would sneak some food to him. But he didn't ate it all. It knocked at the door. You could hear the click from the key locking the door up.

"Madam Kim says that you need to go to the super market for champagne." The oldest maid said. Jinhong looked at her and then back to staring at the ceiling.

"The guards will only drive with you. And they will wait for you out from the store." She said. Jinhong stood up and followed her to the car. He cried for three hours every time he had woken up. They stopped outside from the market and he walked in. He had got his phone back, all the numbers were deleted but not his parents. Some people looked weird at him because he still had swollen eyes for crying. Oh I didn't tell you why Jinhong cried right? Maybe I will tell you later... His telephone started ringing. He looked down at his phone and it showed 'Mother'. He sighed and picked it up.

"Guess what!" The other line screamed in excitement. Jinhong didn't answer.

"Are you there? What ever listen remember my friends daughter Natalie? You are going to be engaged with her! Aren't you excited? The wedding will be in next week." His mother was still excited. Jinhongs heart sank.

"Listen I don't want to marry her, I love someone else." Jinhong said cold.

"Young man you don't have a word to input in this. Me and your father chose what we want for you." His mother said and turned her phone off. Jinhong screamed in frustration. And he got judging looks from all the people. He stuck his hand down in his pocket searching for something round. Not one but around 10-20 round things. He putted all of them in his mouth at one and walked further. He walked around more in the super market than needed because he didn't want to go home. But anyways he walked over to the place where the champagne was. And reached out for one. But he never got it. He collapsed at the ground. All went black. Remember the round things? It was pills, really strong pills. Jungkook had seen Jinhong over at the fruit section and followed him around. He saw him talking at the phone and he saw him eating something from his pocket. Jungkook ran over to Jinhong with teary eyes. 

"Someone call 911!!" He yelled. He listened to Jinhongs heart beat but it was low. He started to do first aid. You could hear the noise from the ambulance and soon 2 men came running in to the market. 

"Are you close to him?" One of the men asked Jungkook.

"Yes." He said and followed with the others in the ambulance. Jinhong got hospitalised at his fathers hospital. The doctors went out of Jinhongs room where Jungkook was.

"How is he?" Jungkook hurriedly asked. 

"He got an overdose by some really strong pills I don't even know how he has got them, and so many. He's still at a bad condition, only 1 out of 1000 would die, so I'm sure he is going to survive. He is in coma right now, and we don't know when he will wake up." The doctor said and left. Jungkook slowly opened the door to see his friend. He walked over and stood by the end of Jinhongs bed. He was about to cry, but he didn't want to suffer more over Jinhong. If he could, he would had switched life with him. The door opened and Jinhongs parents came in. Jungkook glared at them.

"That boy never did us proud. He don't want to marry Natalie, he loves someone else. He don't want to be a doctor. Why couldn't he just make us glad. Just once? And aren't he not even clever enough to know suicide doesn't make things better." Jinhongs father shook his head. He loves someone else?

"If he dies I'm not even sad." Jinhongs mother giggled a little. The madness boiled inside of Jungkook.

"Your mother ers! This is your son. He is the greatest person I've ever known. He made me happy when I was down. And you can't even let him ing do what he wants? You took everything from him. He's maybe dying by an overdose, and it's all your fouls!" Jungkook shouted. He didn't even know he could be so angry.

"Now your ing selfish s leave and don't ever show up in front of him. Don't even think about him, forget him. If you didn't even notice all Jinhong suicide attends you are blind as hell. Jinhong hates you more than everything but he couldn't do anything. I once saved him from dying and I also did that today. And I do it because I love him. I love him more than you ever did. So take your selfish egos and leave and don't show up in front of us ever." Jungkook screamed. Jinhongs parents got offended an left. They would like to live without him. He was only a burden for them. Jungkook sat down at Jinhongs bed and looked at his lifeless body. He starts crying because he couldn't hold it in anymore. Slowly he placed his head on Jinhongs stomach. The tears flow down his cheeks and then down on Jinhongs shirt. A bib sound started playing, it was really high and noisy. Jungkook lifted his head to look where the noise came from. It was from the room but where? It didn't stop. He looked over at Jinhong. The machine next to him. That's was the one. . It was one straight line. 

"He's d-dead?" Jungkook heart skipped many beats, maybe his heart also died. He got pushed away from the bed by many doctors. One brung him out of the room while he screamed that Jinhong couldn't die. Not now. The doctors had locked the door. He fell down along the wall to the ground. He leaned his head at the wall and lot the tears fall again. It was only now he released his love to the boy, who's life was black, white and grey. He fell asleep. 

-----------
His eyes shot open. Jinhong. He got teary eyes remembering that he died in front of him. He stood up removing his tears. Be strong Jungkook. He slowly opened the door. Click. He looked in and something catch his eyes. Well someone.

"Jinhong." Jungkook eyes teared up again. There Jinhong sat eating lunch in his bed all fine. No hoses around him. Free. 

"Jungkook." Jinhong smiled. Jungkook ran over and hugged Jinhong tight.

"How dare you leave me idiot." Jungkook stopped hugging and they stared into each other's eyes.

"I'm sorry." Jinhong also cried. Jungkook took his hand up and hold Jinhongs cheek.

"You're mine now. I fixed it with your parents, I own you." Jungkook smiled.

"Jungkook, you brung colours in my life. I don't know how I can thank you enough." Jinhong took his hand to hold Jungkooks free hand.

"You could start loving me as I love you, instead of the someone else you love." Jungkook looked down at his and Jinhongs hands.

"Idiot. I do love you, you are that someone else." Jinhong chuckled.

"Really?" Jungkook looked up fast at Jinhong. He loves him too? 

"Come closer and I will show you." Jinhong smiled. Jungkook came close and Jinhong kissed him. Jungkooks hand moved around Jinhongs neck and he had waited for that kiss since high school. Jinhong pulled Jungkook down in the hospital bed. His hand is around Jungkooks waist under his shirt. Jungkooks skin is so warm and soft. They laid down in the bed kissing finished. Jungkook clung himself to Jinhongs waist with his head on Jinhongs chest. Jinhong wrapped his arms around Jungkook.

"When I say black, white and grey I mean bad, sad and boring life. And when I say colours it means love." Jinhong kissed Jungkooks forehead. 

"I knew that." Jungkook chuckled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Remember when I said that I maybe would tell you why Jinhong cried? Well that was because he found out he loved Jungkook and couldn't live without him.