Chapter 2

Sad Nights

To say she missed him would be the understatement of the century. She needed him like she needed air to breathe. You would think that her misery would get better after a couple of weeks, maybe months. Nobody ever had the thought of years in mind. But as a nineteen year old girl, three years had already passed away. 1095 days. Every night had been the same. Friends were long gone and the family had left her at an early age. There was basically no kind of support left. When she wasn’t in school, being the ghost she is, she worked shifts in a library waiting for the sun to set.


   The other employees at the library never asked a word towards the girl. They were properly afraid. Even if they were afraid, nobody would know what they were afraid of, including themselves and the girl. They were just afraid. They let her work since she was doing a good job, putting the books in place. She wasn’t loud either, well considering she didn’t talk to anyone, it would be difficult for her to be dubbed as a loud one.


   But it still seemed as though something was bound to happen that one cold winter, in the year she turned nineteen. The employees at the library could somewhat feel it. It’s not like they had any sort of powers, but as they’ve been working together with the girl, even before she turned dull, they could feel something. None of them knew what it was. The girl seemed unfazed as ever. Everything simply seemed the same to her. She didn’t feel that sparkle her coworkers felt. But why would she? Even in the winter she would sit outside in the middle of the night, at the end of the streets, in nothing but tights and a simple t-shirt, along with her socks. She never wore shoes out in the night. She always wore shoes to work, and in the winter she would wear them to school, but in the summer she would enter barefoot. Nobody cared. Hell, nobody seemed to even notice. So why would she be fazed by a simple sparkle inside her heart, which didn’t even have a meaning?


The other people around her didn’t seem to notice either. Of course they didn’t. They didn’t even notice her, so why would they start to notice a change. It may not be the biggest change in the history, but it seemed so important for this girl, even though she didn’t know it just yet. The only reason her coworkers noticed is because they knew her. The feeling was in the heart of the girl, in the air for everyone else to grab onto.


   They just weren’t supposed to grab onto it. If they did, the girl might fall even more apart than what she already was. And who knew how it would end up then? Would she be able to find love? To see her children grow up? Would she be able to get old? Or would she put an end to all of it, at an all too early age? Nobody knew, and since it was only the coworkers who felt the sparkle, it was difficult to protect it. The sparkle just had to reach the girl quickly. Then maybe, just maybe, she would get the light back into her eyes, or she would stop sitting at the end of the street every single night.

 

________

A/N: Ahaha, i don't know if it's stupid, but i hope you like it :)