Chapter 4

Seducing Ms. Perfect

I saw her leave the rooftop but where’s the “Let’s break up” or “Of course, I don’t and will never like you” thingy? I was actually waiting for her to say that but I got none. Maybe she’s too tired to come back here and was planning to say it to me as I went back to our room? I don’t know either.

 

I sighed. Seriously, this is one of the hardest obstacles I’ve encountered in my life.

 

“Hey.. Taeyeon..” I stared at her waiting for her oh-so-hurtful words.

“What? Please shut up.” She said not bothering to raise her head even for just a second.

“Yeah, whatever.”

 

I gave my 100% attention to our teacher who was discussing about Math and stuff. I didn’t look nor glance at the figure beside me. She’s still sleeping, I guess.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi.” Our teacher called her for a millionth time already yet there were no response.

“Ms. Kim..” She said carefully.

“WHAT!” She stood up glaring at our teacher. My gosh Taeyeon. What the hell was your problem?

“Well, I just.. want to know if you’re listening so..” She didn’t let our teacher finish what she was going to say. She stood up immediately and went to the board. Taeyeon answered the math problem in less than 2 minutes.

 

“Woah. Truly a genius!!” One of my classmates yelled as she sat down, ignoring the cheers from everyone.

“Very well, Taeyeon-ssi.” She smiled and then looked at me. “Might as well tutor your seatmate. Is that fine for you Jessica-ssi?”

 

 

“NO! I’M NOT DEFINITELY FINE WITH THAT.”

But Jessica, you can use that opportunity to be close with your girlfriend—I mean with Taeyeon and then bam! She will fall under your spell in an instant.”

“LOOK. I DON’T LIKE HER. YEAH, SHE’S PRETTY, RICH, INTELLIGENT AND ALMOST PERFECT BUT HELL NO! YURI IS WAY BETTER THAN HER.”

“I know, I know. But remember, you’re doing this for Yuri. For your best friend, for the one you love that loves someone else..”

“Okay, I get it. I’m doing this for her..”

 

Though my innocent and not-so-innocent mind were still arguing, I decided to just take the offer. I’m rich and I can afford hiring a math tutor but maybe, just maybe this is one of the best plans I have. I can save up money and well, get to know her better. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone.

 

 

“Ah. Yes. I’m fine with it.” I replied while looking at the teacher but Taeyeon retorted.

“No. I am not going to tutor you.”

“But why? I’m your girlfriend remember?” I gave her a pleading look while whispering at her. Urgh. I don’t want someone to know I’m her “girlfriend”.

“That’s the reason why I don’t want to tutor you. I don’t want a dumb girlfriend.”

“Excuse me, Ms. Kim. I. AM. NOT. DUMB.”

“Ha. Who are you kidding? I don’t even know why you’re on the top list.”

“That’s because I’m not dumb! It’s just that.. that.. I hate Math. It’s complicated!”

“You’re not listening, that’s it. Math isn’t complicated. And besides you always sleep during Math class!”

“Shut up. Just tutor me!”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Hehe. I fooled you.”

“Tss. Stupid.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll treat you lunch tomorrow.”

“I don’t care. I can buy my own.”

 

“Jessica-ssi? Taeyeon-ssi? Are you both okay?” The midget didn’t say anything so I just nodded my head.

“Uh.. well then. That’s good to know.” She smiled again and went back discussing some stuff before the bell rang.

 

--

I waited for Krystal at the café shop where I headed few weeks ago. Same feeling. Beautiful, warm and cozy. Few minutes later, I saw her entering the café wearing a really cute yet chic dress.

 

 

“I guess this is really goodbye unnie.”

“Shut up Krys. You can visit me when you have holidays or school breaks. Don’t be so emotional.”

“Yeah whatever. You won’t get bored anyway.”

“Of course. I have a lot things to do.”

“Hmm. That’s not what I meant though.”

“Huh? What are you talking about Soojung? I’m so confused!”

“Yeah you look like a confused cat. So cuteeee.”

“Shut up.”

“Well, about the thing I said earlier, you’ll see it later.”

 

 

The things we ordered came so fast. After an hour or so, she stood up and gave me a big hug.

 

 

“Bye, unnie! See you when I see you! Hahaha.”

“Don’t be so dumb. Call me when you get there, okay?”

 

 

She agreed easily and went out of the shop.

I sighed.

 

“I’m gonna miss you little kid.”

 

 

As I walked back to our house alone because I decided not to use my car, my phone vibrated. I just let it ring for a several times before checking who it was.

 

“Oh dad, I’m sorry for not answering your calls..”

“That’s okay Sooyeon.” He chuckled.

“Why did you call me, dad? Is there something wrong?”

“Nah, not really. I just want to say that..”

 

---

A/N: I'll just post the part 2 tomorrow. Or maybe the next day? Hahahaha. And I apologize for any grammar mistakes T^T