final

Passing Time

Sehunnie shimmies through the doggy door of Luhan’s front door as he always does on the first day of weekends.  He’s quickly followed by the resident poodle that proceeds to smother him with and nuzzles of affection.

"Mrs. Lu, I’m here to play again~~" he announces himself while simultaneously fending off ticklish nudges that made him squeal.

"Oh, Sehunnie?  Xiao Lu’s out at soccer practice today so he won’t be back until later" Mrs. Lu shouts back sweetly. "You’re over early today, I’m guessing you did well on your times table quiz this week?"

"Yes ma’am~" Sehun responds proudly, getting up and standing on his tiptoes to unloop the doggy leash. "Mrs. Lu, can I take Baozi for a walk?"

"Yes, you may.  Come back by lunch time, okay?”

"Lulu be back by then, I know~"

"And use the door normally, please!"

"I don’t want to~~" Sehun ignores the chiding voice as he attached the leash to the big white poodle and crawls back through the door again, following behind hastily.

Noon rolls around and Sehun crawls back through the hole in the door smelling like dirt and sweat with an exhausted poodle in tow.  He unhappily agrees to be wiped down and join Mrs. Lu for lunch, seeing as how Luhan’s coach decided to treat his team to lunch for a job well done today.

Sehun climbs up the stairs, having eaten nearly an adult sized portion of food, effectively sending him into a food coma, and decides it’s just about time for his weekend nap.  He crawls into Luhan’s room and hoists himself up onto the bed, exhausted from the long walk around the neighborhood in the morning.

'I wonder when Lulu'll be back…' he thought sleepily

"GET OUT OF MY BED"

All of a sudden, Sehun woke up in midair and fell off the bed with a loud thump.  Being the bouncy flexible child he was, he sat up, completely unfazed, albeit a bit lethargic, and grinned.

"Lulu, you’re back~~~" he chimed, eyes open but still droopy with sleep.

"I told you a million times not to go on my bed!" Luhan frowned immaturely. "And don’t you usually go home by now?"

"I wanted to wait and play with you~~!" Sehun whined, seeing how Luhan flopped down onto the bed and crawled under the covers.

"Can’t. Coach made us run like crazy today.  Tired." Luhan closed his eyes for his own nap and waved his hand telling him to go away.

Sehun pouts and stands there stubbornly.  He didn’t wait here all morning and listened to Mrs. Lu’s old lady stories for nothing.

Luhan opened one of his eyes and peaked out after not hearing and leaving footsteps and he sighs.

"I’ll go over to your house to play tomorrow, okay Sehunnie?" Luhan offers.

And Sehun’s face lights up in joy.  ”Yay, Lulu’s coming over to play~~”

He lunges onto the bed and gives Luhan the biggest bear hug he could and bolts off to run home before Luhan could snap at him for invading his private space again.