TWO

The Bully & the Bullied

The morning was its usual hustle and bustle, honking from vehicles stuck in the peak hour traffic jam, sardine packed trains, school children making their way to school, chattering about the latest gossips and online games.

The calm serenity of a particular high school was broken by the entrance of a vehicle, followed by two other catching the attention of all students whom the vehicles pass by. It was a daily norm but the vehicles never fail to bring chills to the students knowing very well the occupant sitting in the second vehicle and his strong mafia family.

The three vehicles stopped at the drop off. Black suit men with in-ear communicators exited the first and last car giving a quick scan around the surrounding for danger. A slight nod from the security nearest the second car signalled the family chauffer they were safe. He alighted and open the door for the brothers of the Kim Family.

The younger of the two stepped out first, as usual, earning a few screams from crazy high school girls. Kim Kibum, more commonly known as Key as he preferred to be called. To the extent of sending the person who calls him by his birth name a killer glare enough to bring the message of his mafia background across.

Following after him, the elder son of the Country’s strongest mafia family, Kim Jonghyun exited the car earning himself screams as well as gasps from the surround crowd.

“Act cool.” Key commented before making his way into the school building.

Jonghyun crooked his lips and adjusted his sunglasses. “It’s really sunny and I hate the sun.” he replied to no one before entering the building. The roaring of the engine bought the crowd attention back to the crowd as they saw the vehicle drive out of view. The crowd let off a breath of relief they were unknowingly holding.

“Scary.” One commented.

~

The classroom at 7a.m. is quiet but not the school. Activities have begun.

Lee Jinki sat at his desk, a fiction book in his hands. Finishing his last page of the chapter he was reading, Jinki shut the book and look up to the wall clock hung above the whiteboard in front of him.

7.15a.m. No sign of his partner. Jinki pouted, his finger slowly tapped on his desk with impatience. It’s his day for classroom duty and he even made the effort to send his partner a text message to remind him.

Nothing surprising though. Something he expected from his partner anyway. He had been doing all the duties alone and he rather the guy not turn up. He is more of a trouble than of any help.

Sighing in defeat, Jinki look up at the wall clock again. 7.20a.m. Tired of waiting, Jinki stood up from his seat and went to the storage to retrieve the pail and mop. He worked with efficiency and by 7.45am, when his first classmate enter, Jinki had swept and mopped the classroom, cleaned the board and arranged the tables and chairs. The cabinets would have to wait because his partner, who was supposed to share the chores with him failed to turn up.

“Good morning Jinki!” His classmate greeted.

“Good Morning!” Jinki bowed, adjusting his glasses which had slipped down his nose bridge while he was studying his notes for the day.

The student look around the classroom finding no sign of Jinki’s duty partner. “You are all alone again?”

Jinki shrug.

“Chairman is really heartless. How can he pair you up with the school bully?” Sungkyu merely commented as he settle down on his seat.

“My luck?”

His classmate rolled his eyes and commented, “Definitely not your luck. Suho is just taking you as his sorry excuse to pair Kim Jonghyun up with someone so he doesn’t have to do double the work during duties.”

Jinki simply smiled at his classmate, unwilling to comment anymore. It’s not a secret that his class Chairman, Suho, did that. Well, strictly speaking, it’s considered bullying too. Pushing a newly transferred student to a school’s notorious bully.

Since his transferred to the school and class three months ago, he unwillingly became the scapegoat for the class Chairman. With the addition of Jinki, the odd-numbered student class became even-numbered and the class chairman was more than happy of offload his burden to Jinki.

Kim Jonghyun was well-known in the school as a bully, frequently picking on students to help him with his homework or simply just prank on them. Sad to say, Jinki seems to be his new target ever since his transfer. He was forced to do his chores, his homework and pranked upon on daily basis. But Jinki never failed to lecture Jonghyun earning himself a few punches every time.

His classmates and school mates never understood how Jinki is still standing and rebelling after getting hit and bullied for three months. But Jinki seems to take it upon himself to change Jonghyun.

-

The bell for the first class rang and just one second before the teacher step into the class, Jinki was hit by a bag thrown onto the table beside.  Jinki look up from his notes to see Jonghyun sitting down beside him.

“Hey Jonghyun,” Jinki began. “Didn’t you receive my message yesterday night?”

Jonghyun removed his sunglasses in that stylish way, too some time to adjust his fringe to his liking before turning to Jinki who was waiting patiently for his answer. Jonghyun cocked an eyebrow and laughed before flipping his partner a finger.

“I sent you a message last night. We have class duty today.” Jinki continued.

“Shut up.”

“Stay back to clean the cabinet during lunch.” Jinki simply said before turning back to his notes as the teacher began the class. But not before earning a slap on the head by Kim Jonghyun causing him to slam his forehead onto his book with a loud bang turning the class attention to the pair.

“Jonghyun.” The teacher sighed. “Please.”

Jinki rubbed his forehead from the impact and apologize to the teacher for interrupting her. Jinki knew the teacher is scared of Jonghyun too. Not Jonghyun, but his mafia family. So no one dared to scold or punish the young master, not even the school, for the fear of their lives. Jinki don’t blame his teacher nor the school nor his classmate for not helping him out of Jonghyun’s bully.

“You are still cleaning the cabinet, Jonghyun.” Jinki said when peace resumed to the class.

This time, nothing happened. Not until lunch time.

When the bell rang for lunch, Jinki pulled Jonghyun back before he could leave for lunch. Before he even open his mouth to speak, Jonghyun has turned and pulled the poor school boy by the collar out of the class.

“Let me go!” Jinki’s helpless shout could be heard across the corridor as he was dragged to the male toilet. Jonghyun pushed Jinki into a cubicle and punched him in the stomach causing the boy to fall to the ground.

“Don’t you dare to order me, nerd.” Jonghyun commented before turning out and closing the door of the cubicle and sticking a broom to the door.

It wasn’t the first time, it happens time and again when Jinki goes against Jonghyun. No one knows why the boy did that without fear. It was just class duty, anyone would just do the duties for Kim Jonghyun than to command to bully to do his duty. No one, other than Lee Jinki.

Jinki collect himself from the ground before pushing the door to realise that it was stuck. Childish. Jinki smiled before knocking against the door. “Please, let me out! Someone! I am stuck in the toilet!”

10 minutes. Jinki had banged on the cubicle door for 10 minutes but no one came. He know Jonghyun has placed the threat, anyone who helped Lee Jinki out will suffer with him. Who dare? Other than one person.

His keen ears picked up a familiar light footsteps. “Hyung.”

“You came.”

“Yeah. 10 minutes was the agreed grace period.”

Knowing that his younger brother got the ground covered, Jinki pulled himself up the cubicle and across the partition door with great ease and agility. Removing the broom from the door and putting it back to its original place.

“Thanks, Taemin.”

Lee Taemin shrugged and lean against the wall. “I didn’t help at all.” He turned to face Jinki who was tidying his messed up shirt. “Hyung, why did you let him beat you up just for class duty?”

“Everyone has to fulfil class duties.” Jinki commented, tidying his hair.

“You know that’s not what I meant. Should I ask you on behalf of the whole school?” Taemin look at his hyung though the mirror reflection, “Why did you let him bully you?”

Jinki smiled, “Don’t you think it’s fun?”

Taemin snorted, “Fun? As if you don’t have enough injuries yourself.”

“Drop this.” Jinki turned and walk towards the exit, “Looks like the plan to convince my school bully failed. I need to clean cabinets, are you helping me?”

Taemin sighed and followed his brother.

-

“How’s your day? Not too tired I hope?” Jinki asked while he wiped the cabinet. Taemin had followed him, but made no intention to help making himself comfortable sitting on the window ledge.

“Nah, hyung. I am fine. Tired but still alive.” Taemin replied looking at his brother emptying the contents in the cabinets, cleaning them before arranging them back in place. “He is so different from his younger brother who is so quiet and serious.”

“That’s what you will expect from the son of the city’s mafia. There is bound to be one that takes after the father.” Jinki simply said, closing the last drawer, finishing his duties for the day.

Both brothers have agreed to lay low-profile in school which indirectly caused Jinki to adopt his mushroom head and spectacles nerdy look. His claim? Nerds usually blend into the walls, unidentified and easily forgotten. While Taemin have a few good friends in school whom he hang out with and even text when he is free, Jinki chose to keep his distance. He preferred his friends to be just classmate’s level, no text after school, no ties, no bonds, nothing to hold you down.

“Taemin…” Jinki suddenly spoke.

“Hmm?”

“You want to know why?”

“Yes, hyung.” Taemin answered. His brother never told him why he allowed the mafia bully to do this to him. Jinki is an assain, a trained killer and yet, he allowed Kim Jonghyun to beat him up and do his homework for him. Jinki could kill the bully in a blink of eye, why? Why did Jinki allow Jonghyun to do this?

“I am paying it forward.”

Taemin frown in confusion by the answer. Jinki has sat back to his seat, taking out his notes for the afternoon lessons. He whispered, not for any eavesdroppers to hear, only Taemin’s trained ears caught the answer.

So that I will not feel the guilt when the time comes.

The time… to kill him…


Hey guys! Your memory did not fail you. I re-wrote this chapter (in a way) to introduce most of my main characters.

Don't consider me back to writing because I can't promise the next chapter :/

This is more of a character introduction chapter. Suho made a cameo here. Expect random kpop idols being thrown in as cameos ;) There have to be filler characters. Hehee.

I am still not sure how I want to bring this story forward. Do you guys prefer more of an action pack(ie. More assasin chapters) or you guys prefer more romance (ie. Jongyu interaction?). Do leave some feedback below.

And I need to keep saying this because the time between my updates are soooo long that people will think: I AM NOT GIVING UP THIS STORY NOR WRITING ;) Just that I want it to be an enjoyable past time rather than being pressured to produce. I am not (and also not qualified) an author.

 

Love

CHEWIN XD