With Her

With Her

'How did I end up in this situation?' She asked herself.

 

"No. I won't do it. Why don't you guys just join?" Tiffany asked her friends. 

"Aww. Tiffany, just join! You don't have anything to lose! " Said one of her friends, Sunny.

"Yeah, it would be fun. Do it for Sooyoung!" Said another, Taeyeon.

"Yes Tiffany, can you do it for me? Pleeaassse~~" Sooyoung dragged the last word while pouting and giving TIffany puppy eyes.

"Ugh. Fine. Just stop, okay?" Tiffany finally agreed.

 

"Stupid friends." She added.

 

"Excuse me, what's your name?" She asked for the nth time in 3 hours since she left the cafe.

"Uhh, I'm Ih Ram." The girl said.

"Oh, okay. Thanks." She said and walked away to find that person.

 

"Stupid Sooyoung and her games." She mumbled.

 

Sooyoung, her friend, just opened a cafe that day. As part of the opening, Sooyoung had a little game for her customers. Ten participants (whom Tiffany was part of) were given a bottle of one of the cafe's specialties. A name was on the bottle and they had to find someone with the same name and drink it with them. She had to win or else, she'll treat Sooyoung on an all-you-can-eat buffet for thee whole week.

"Pfft. They said I didn't have anything to lose." Tiffany scoffed and said.

 

"I joined already, happy now Sooyoung? Now, let me continue reading." She said while attempting to return to what she was doign before her friends interrupted her.

"Oh, Tiffany, I forgot to tell you. You have to win. Or else you'll treat Sooyoung to an all-you-can-eat buffet the entire weak next week." Taeyeon told her like it was nothing.

"WHAAT?! Are you kidding me now? You told me to join because I didn't have anything to lose. Who am I? Sooyoung's mom?!" She protested.

"Did we say that? I don't remember saying something like that, my friend." Sunny jokingly asked Taeyeon.

"I'm afraid not my friend. I don't remember saying something like that too." Taeyeon responded after shamelessly winking at Sunny.

"I hate you guys." Tiffany said before standing up and doing, according to her, the stupid mission made up by her stupid friend (plus Sunny adn Taeyeon) for the stupid cafe.

 

"Of all the names, why did I have to get the English one?" Tiffany groaned and walked towards a cafe. It was quite busy since it was one of the famous ones in the city. "Good luck, Sooyoung." She thought. 

As she entered the cafee, she scanned among the customers to find someone who looked like a foreigner. Her eyes stopped at a certain blonde that was busy reading a book over a cup of caramel machiatto. She was with her friends but was not joining the conversation.

Tiffany observed her. The blonde was really beautiful. She had that calm aura that even at a distance, Tiffany could feel it. 'W'hat's better than a beautiful girl? A beautiful girl who reads books, that is.' Tiffany thought. Tiffany felt her breath hitch when the girl her blonde locks after finishing a page. She was really drawn to the girl. Tiffany breathed deeply. She tried to collect herself before going tp the group of girls.

"Luck, please me on my side." Tiffany pleaded as she approached the table of the girls.

 

"Uhm. Hi. Excuse me.: She started. Three of them stopped talking and looked at her while the blonde was still engrossed in reading her book.

"Yes?" A tall, doe-eyed girl asked.

"This might seem rude, but is your friend a foreigner?" Tifany asked as she discreetly pointed at the blonde girl.

Hearing the word 'foreigner', the blonde shot her head up and looked questioningly to the stranger.

"Are you referring to me? Sorry, I'm Korean." She pointed to herself and confusedly answered her.

"Oh, my bad. Thanks though." Tiffany said.

"No problem!" The doe-eyed girl said.

 

Tiffany was slightly disappointed. She already turned her back and was already a few steps away from the group when she heard one of the girls say something.

"Oh come on Jessica, you've lived long enough in the States to be a foreigner! You speak English too!"

"Shut up, Yuri." The blonde, Jessica, said while putting her earphones on and continued reading her book.

 

Seems like luck was on Tiffany's side after all.

 

Tiffany tensed after hearing her name. That name. She needed her.

 

Tiffany turned her back again and rapidly walked towards the group.

"Uhm. Hi again. I'm really sorry to interrupt. I'm sorry if I'm being a creep or something. But I heard someone say that she's Jessica?" Tufafny quietly asked the group.

 

She already expected it when she started doing this mission. The group gave her confused looks. One looked a bit creeped out. But the blonde girl remained unfazed. She looked like she didn't care or in fact, it's like she didn't notice that Tiffany was back.

"Uhm. Yes? Her name is Jessica." Another tall girl said.

"As in J-E-S-S-I-C-A, Jessica?" Tiffany asked to clarify.

"Yes? Uhm. I don't mean to be rude but why are you so interested in knowing her name?" The doe-eyed girl asked.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Tiffany and I have this thing to do woth Jessica. I really need her to do it with me or else I'll live in poverty next week." Tiffany said.

 

The girls didn't say anything and just looked at her. This urged her to explain more.

She rummaged through her bag and took out the bottle to show it to them.

"So, I have this bottle, it's from a cafe that just opened today. My friend owns it. She and my other friends forced me to join the stupid game for the cafe. The game was, I had to find someone with the exact name printed on this bottle." She showed the, the side with 'Jessica' on it. "And I have to take that person to the cafe and drink it with him/her. I know, it's stupid. Blame my friends. I'm sorry. And if I don't find 'Jessica', I'll lose and I have to treat my friend to an all-you-can-eat buffet the entire week next week. What's worse is that she's a shikshin! I'll totally end up broke next week if your friend can't or won't help me." She explained to the girls.

""Well, that was a story. I just don't know if Jessica-unnie will go since as you can see, she's so engrossed in her book and all. By the way, I'm Yoona." The doe-eyed girl introduced herself. "And these are Yuri and Seohyun." She added while pointing to the two girls that strangely looked like twins. "And no, we're not twins." The tanned girl said.

"So, can you please help me with your friend?" She whispered to them. 

"Why are you whispering?" Seohyun asked.

"A part of the rules said that the person doesn't have to know why I'm dragging him/her to the cafe. I just have to ask for his/her name and if I got the right person, I have to take him/her to the cafe. Ugh, my friends are really stupid for doingt his thing and making those rules." Tffany answered.

"Well, I think it's fun! I'd like to join some other time!" Yoona exclaimed.

"Just ask Jessica her name and then drag her to that cafe." Yuri suggested. "She might protest along the way but she'll eventually give up. She's a lazy ." Yuri added. 

"Are you sure?" Tiffany asked hesitantly. The three girls nodded/

 

"Oh, by the way, what's the name of the cafe? We'll drop by later so we can give Jessica-unnie her things." Yoona asked.

"Uhm, it's Cafe Shik-Shin. Totally reflects the owner." Tiffany answered her.

 

Tiffany took a deep breath. This was it. Who knew that the girl that took Tiffany's breath away was Jessica? The girl that can save her from Sooyoung's appetite. She can do this. She likes Jessica, yes. But she has to muster up all her courage so she can do this and not make a fool of herself. Maybe, just maybe, this game of Sooyoung can lead into something good for her.

 

"Okay, well here goes nothing." Tiffany said.

 

She lightly tapped Jessica shoulder. The girl flinched. She took out her earphones and with curious eyes, turned to the girl. 'Cute.' Tiffany thought.

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Jessica."

 

"Hi Jessica, I'm Tiffany and I'm sorry but you have to come with me." Tiffany said showing her eyesmile before dragging the girl. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

(A/N)

Hello lovely readers! That's chapter 1! Thanks for reading. And I hope you like it. I'm actually really really nervous. It's my first time! :D Tell me what you think 'kay? I'm open to anything! :) 

I already finished ch2 but I don't know if I should add another one? 

THANK YOU AGAIN GUYS! I LOVE YOU ALL! <3

 

See you next time! :D